The year is 1962. What does Veeky Forums cruise the strip in?

The year is 1962. What does Veeky Forums cruise the strip in?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sbu6nXV3xZ4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Either/or

>1962

My 62 caddy of course

'57 Chevrolet Nomad

In 1962 with all else being the same, I would probably be rolling around in an late 50s MGA coupe.

Probably an EK holden.

Some pre-war car that i could've gotten super cheap because it'd be 20-30 years old and priceless now.

Jap crap. Toyota will never be a successful car company in the US. Them gooks will never figure out how to build a car with the same quality as a Ford, Chevy or even Studebaker.

Toyota is just a fad, they'll go away.

cruising in absolute comfort, blasting Elvis Presley from my Becker cassette.

At what point in 1962? If its late enough in the year I'll get a brand spanking new 1963 split window.

Was there such a thing as cassettes in 1962?

pre war cars were still really expensive in 1960's money.

You realise just how many of them were melted down for tanks/ships/planes etc right?

Probably could have bought 5 brand new top of the line cars in the 60's for the price of an abused pre war car.

Yes but they were brand new.

cassettes were invented in like 1935

no other option

Are you fucking high? Do you know nothing about American car culture in the 50s and 60s?

283 powered hot rod

you do realize that just about every hotrod built postwar in the big boom was an old dirt cheap prewar car that somebody dumped a shitload of new parts in, right?
summer's started, gentlemen.

You had enough time to find a pic but not enough to google the date?

>choosing a SBC when there are literally dozens of better motors for the same price

name one better

>you cant

you could go with the 350 or the 454

K

neither of those existed in 1962

might be able to get a 327 if you were real lucky

Oldsmobile 394
Oldsmobile 371
Oldsmobile 371 J-2
Buick 364
Buick 322
Buick 401
Pontiac 371
Pontiac 347
Pontiac 389
Pontiac 316
I literally only named GM motors didn't even include cadillac

the Olds engines are huge and heavy
the Buick engines have small valves, they make torque but cant breathe, also heavy

the 389 is the only one Id consider and even then a Chevy is the more common engine

theres a reason the SBC has remained so popular for so long

The SBC was an afterthought in hot rodding until the 70s

The Buick valves also open further and longer

not really

the SBC market was strong by the 60s, replacing the HEMI as the engine of choice

by time the 350 came out it was almost ubiquitous as the hot rod engine, and we all know how things went after that

Jaguar E-type

Flathead with a supercharger

This was filmed in my home town of Petaluma. Every year they do an American Graffiti themed car show that you fags would really love.

Honda T360

AC Cobra

>dick status: muh

E-type, without a doubt.

same car my grandpa drove in the races

This right here. Cheapest they ever were was when they were new.

They had a depreciation curve like any other Ferrari. My dad almost bought a 59 250GT in the 80s for 15,000 USD

late 50s and 60s desing makes my dick so hard

damn, he shoulda pulled the trigger. 80s supras were going for 18k

seriously tho

Hindsight is 20/20. It was a pinifarina coupe by the way

Yep, pretty impressive how lazy some people can be no?
Just look at how long it took me to reply to you.

didn't some of those old fuckers have detroit 2 stroke V8s in them?
or was that the next gen or two?

Moto Guzzi Cafè Racer

Everyone in the 70s had a Toyota because muh oil crisis

>cafe racer
youtube.com/watch?v=sbu6nXV3xZ4

Talking about my dad almost buying a Ferrari in the 80s reminds me that my Grandad priced a bunch of used Ferraris and Jaguars in the late 60s. I can post the prices he wrote down in his notebook. If anyone is interested I'll post them in the morning

Jaguar E type. I can't pick my miata, a datsun, it'll be the jaguar.

sure, that sounds interesting

Don't bother. People here are too autistic to understand how expensive they were in the 60s in relation to COLA and inflation.

>being mad about changing bars and seat
The autism is strong in this one.
I'm sure you've never changed a factory part on anything you've owned. (You probably don't own a bike or car)

He priced other cars as well. Datsuns, Volvos, Peugeot, Triumphs, Fiats and MGs I can post the whole list. That way the autists here can have a better frame of reference

*muffled 12 bar blues in the distance*

'61 Galaxie Starliner 427

A Triumph TR-4.

>1961
>427
Educate yourself. The 406 wasn't even available in 61

>62
>cobra

You Carroll Shelby nigga?

as a time traveler from the far off future of 1975, im here to warn you about gas rationing and Vietnam in my Lancia Stratos.

Fe 390 it is then. Never known much about the 427

End yourself

My '60 desoto adventurer with the 383 hemi. Oh baby there's just something about the design of the adventurer that speaks to me.

It's kinda similar to other chrysler cars in the later iterations, but I don't give a fuck. It's still stylish. I'd swap in a 4-speed manual instead of that god-awful 3 speed auto though.

Chevy Nomad or a Bel-Air

63 eldorado

Avanti.

>63 eldorado

Baller-Status: Achieved

Now, if I had to pick an American-made rod (as opposed to my previous pick: TR-4), then I'd get a '59 DeVille coupe.

try 1965 ya dip

This in retrospect is the only possible answer, but in 1962 you'd look fucking goofy with those tail fins. They crashed out of style hard.

goddamn those are sexy.
those and '55 bel airs are my favorite cars of that era.

A Studebaker Wagon.

With R2 packaged 289ci V8, 4spd and limited slip diff.

>no one will know bout my sleeper wagon

8 track cartridge ?

a DMC-12

Yeah buts its 62 fgt

70s includes 62, therefor I rekt you real hard.

My Corvair

>Production: 1962-1967

God bless model years.

Lotus 7

If I had money
And it's 1962
I'd go downtown
and buy a mercury or 2

Hot rodded prewar sedan thats been chopped and channeled. Running a supercharged flathead with zoomies.

>supercharged flathead
>in 1962
Why? Nostalgia? When the more modern V8 came out in the 50s people dropped the flatties like a bad habit.

Flathead was still very popular keep in mind that a lot of hot rodders were kids in high school or fresh out. The parts and engines would have been able to acquired for cheap

My brand new Pontiac Tempest. Full aluminum engine, transaxle for 50:50 weight distribution, full independent suspension. Not even the Corvette features the things you find in this car yet.

Give me a little more time to save up and roam places and eventually I'll put a Buick Skylark front end on it as they're both based on the same body.

62 corvette

Well, I would be driving the equivalent of my $2200 shitbox Miata.

Starliners are beautiful cars, such perfect lines for a big body

Oh, but yeah... minus the V8... and supercharger... ;-;7

Yes, but they were vastly inferior to the 8-track tape until the mid-late 70s. This is why most cars from the late 60s all the way up to the early 80s came equipped with 8-track radios from the factory.

>1st gen corvette

'32 model a Tudor fender less rod

>Torqueflite
>God awful

Pick one

Or a '57 bel air convert with the feul injected 283

Whenever I see a DeSoto with that fish-mouth grill and those massive fins, all I can think of is Sam & Max.

And that isn't a bad thing at all.