/domg/ - Dominions General

Do your turns edition

Previous thread: Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate (-75%) and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Start playing multiplayer games
>Do bully the elf

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/360670708779877206/?ctp=3
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=WeWuzPantokratorz
imgur.com/a/KhVYw
rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for caelum btfo

woooooow nobody told me the game was gonna start with that map , that's it I quit

Don't let the fucking door hit you on your way out, faggot.

Im drinking out of home now. Will submit turn in next 3 turns no bully pls

God damn mammoths... That's a lesson learned I suppose.

The Virgin Disc map is actually pretty good. Ys is going to be gimped as the game goes on since most of the map is inland, but on the flip side it should have no trouble moving from one lake to the other if it actually does want to put up forts UW (it doesn't) and it should be able to build up a reasonable number of forts on the same coast.

How did you fuck up that badly?

Attention WeWuzPantokratorz Admin!
>Attention WeWuzPantokratorz Admin!
Attention WeWuzPantokratorz Admin!

Daily reminder to delete my pretender, I've already asked 4 times and if it starts with me not deleted I'm going AI

It's always fucking Ulm players.

You degenerates should go play DotA or something.

>if it starts with me not deleted I'm going AI
Why even bother doing the badmin that service? Just ignore your e-mails about that game and make him clean up his own mess.

ok guys, here's your rainbow.

>Soul Contract Spam
>Astral Corruption
>Troll Kings
>Faery Queens
>Darkness
The memes are all here.

steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya/discussions/0/360670708779877206/?ctp=3

FUCKING GET IN HERE AND DEMAND MAP CHANGE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>sitesearching with your pretender
Meh. I'll allow it this once. You're expansion is going to be hurt with neutral prod, though.

The scales are really more of a suggestion.
If you wanna take more prod at the price of magic or order or whatever, go for it.
I've never actually played ma abysia, or any absya for that matter.

Abysia has elite heavy infantry and humanbred heavy infantry, but both do want resources to expand

Don't you "reee" at me young man

Guess my nation

I'm in AllMAGamesAreMemeGames

>he fell for the T3F3 meme

Cealum.

Victims of banevenom, all 143 of them.

P.S. Get your thugs out of my seas already, all of you.
Seas are no thug zone. REE.

Is it bad that I'm running an awakened pretender with pretty much the same paths and scales?

Sort of. There's very little justification of taking an awakened one just for a little bit of an extra sitesearching.

>neutral prod abysia
>needing magic 2
>needing blood 4
>fire 1

STAHP.

It means your god starts forging and casting 12 turns sooner. That's useful.

The blood/fire is for soul contracts.

if he makes soul contract how does he sitesearch? it's 2 fucking turns for sitesearch. you can empower in blood too.
if you go for construction you can also make N booster ( trade gem).

Post MA Ulm best pretender + expansion focus pls

Rainbow works. Scales work too, if you want to rush thrones mid-game.

Expansion focus? Just smack shit with your superior troops, fort high resource provinces, and build a mage in every fort.

Awake E4/B3 maneater

Awake expander that still gets you bloodstones. You can eventually do the brute force blood expansion thing to get wider blood access, but it's still slow and painful.

Alright gents, we only need a few more folks to start:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=WeWuzPantokratorz

Note that Agartha, Ermor, and Ulm are still up for grabs for your free win purposes.

Map right now is Galadia but I'm open to suggestions.

>no Summod

Dropped.

>It means your god starts forging and casting 12 turns sooner.
It's not going to start forging any sooner than you'll actually get construction 6. At that point all the most important provinces should be already covered with sitesearching and the rest can wait or rely on indies/summons.

I'm specifically not using mememod because I don't want to play with mememod.

why would i get an awake? Ulm expansion is really strong but i need different magical paths.

for expansion i like to focus on superlong lancers and building smiths at the same time since they give you additional resources. conquer capcircle first.

this pretender can't craft bloodstone. a big shame perhaps, but you can kickstart yourself to blood one way or the other.
this can sitesearch, can cloud trapeze and fight pretty well, summon tartarians lategame ( no N for global however). will need nature reinvig items.
try to find a province to recruit a N1 mage.

i expect you to do lot of gem and item trading to get what you are missing.

Alright game restarted on Riverlands, same settings.

Eagerly awaiting the "REEEEEEEEEEE FUCK YOU BADMIN WHY DID YOU RESTART"

I'll join, give me a second.

I see you're not using summod.

Very well, I'll make you and everyone in the game appreciate it more.

>why would i get an awake? Ulm expansion is really strong but i need different magical paths.
because you (or whoever was asking) SPECIFICALLY asked for a expansion focus. An awake pretender gets you more/better expansion.

>Mods: Worthy Heroes 1.21
What's up with the vintage stuff? Wake up grandpa, it's not 80-ies anymore.

Remember the badmin who said he always admins his own games and prefers 1.21?

That's not me, I had no idea why he answered for me but I am curious.

What is the best way to play Ulm? I want something that is guaranteed to not lose within 10 turns.

Whoever beat me to sending in Ermor, fuck you you mangy cunt. I hope you at least use it as it should and ruin the game for everyone.

Oh.

That might actually be him. He said he hates summod because it SIMPLIFIES the game, so I think he might be retarded enough to do it.

You betcha famalam. Stay tuned.

Good MA Agartha Pretender? Looks like you want
N9E4 for sacred statues
Dom7
O3S2Heat3G3L0M1
Imprisoned Great Mother

Any suggestions? Game plan is to get statues and then start pooping on things with the absurd hp they have.

I don't think you'll see much opposition. I had flawless expansion, a weak neighbor, and guaranteed access to the Throne of Winter while running Heat 3, so my start was basically perfect.

Also I'm taking hipster points for being the guy to point out that the map was bad before we started.

*dormant

or
Imprisoned Monolith
N9E4S4
Dom7
O3H3G3M1
Imprisoned

The map restart is great for me in the end really, I was gonna get blessrushed from two directions. My only hope was to send my sneak heretics to domkill one of them but that would likely not have worked.

>MA Agartha

What

?

>Guy asks for Ulm
>Give him Agartha

Are you illiterate?

BEHOLD THE POWER OF THE LAST UPDATE.
imgur.com/a/KhVYw

>What is the best way to play Ulm? I want something that is guaranteed to not lose within 10 turns

the only way to lose within 10 turns is to take less than production 3 or get blessrushed by tribless ermor.
MA Ulm is godlike at first and then either midway through his first war or just after it it realizes that has nothing but Earth 4 fire 1 magic.
From a certain point of view you lose turn 1 if you don't think about what you'll need after turn 25.

I highly appreciate that you are not submitting yourself to that stupid fad of liking mememod.
I have joined your game. Let's fight Ermor together.

I picked 1.21 because I hadn't played in a PBEM in a while and it was the one I remember.

What's the difference between it and the newest WH?

the newest WH is liked by anyone who isn't Buttdevasted about one single SC that killed his militia stack.

the old WH would be fine too, but a certain badmin like it a lot so we feel like not trusting any game that runs it because we fear the badmin.

Personally, I like N9B9 because I'm a terrible person. N9 mono is honestly fine, since your statues have 0 fatigue anyways. N9E9 is the more common double bless build, since the prot bonus stacks fully on your already high prot statues. I wouldn't bother with E4, though; either full double or mono with more scales.

It's also possible to play Agartha with no bless whatsoever. While the statues make for a strong frontline, you're still going to be using your mages and other summons (living mercury, green lions, spooks, etc) to do your actual killing. Having more scales for more mages and so on will help you get more firepower onto the field and let you deploy your summons sooner.

MA Agartha is an awesome summon nation in general, even without a reliance on the sacred statues to make an impenetrable wall. Buffed living mercuries, magma children, green lions, and penumbrals are all really cool, and you can spam magma eruption like a less efficient MA Ulm, except with tons of magical creatures instead of just heavy infantry and crossbows. They also have neat tricks like penumbral raiding parties led by a marble warriors caster wearing a shademail.

Having a bless is fine, and the statues and even their cap sacreds are good enough to warrant one, but it's definitely not the only way to play.

>the newest WH is liked by anyone who isn't Buttdevasted about one single SC that killed his militia stack.
The newest WH doesn't add any new SCs. Recent iterations mostly added magey heroes, and the latest two version were attempts to make non-caster heroes cool with stuff like battle-summons and dom-summons on famous generals.

Also when Ohlmann finally gets around to 5.6, it'll have a comprehensive grammar rewrite.

I'm not the badmin you guys fear and am open to fuck around with any of the settings if people want. The only thing I won't do for this particular game is run summod.

People usually playing WH 5.5 or WH 1.23, depending on what is thei opinion about Ohlman.

That's fine, honestly. I'm one of the people that was ribbing you earlier about not using it, but while I'm a fan of the mod, I like vanilla Dominions too and don't blame anyone for enjoying the game without balance attempts.

To all dirty dogs who insult summod.

I'm going to join your games as Ermor and ruin them.

I urge all righteous summod believers to kill everyone who doesn't use the mod.

Great is summod and WH 5.5 (NN) is its prophet

>I'm going to join your games as Ermor and ruin them.

Jokes on you, I only play EA.

Let's be real, BoT rush isn't nearly as annoying as an Ermor that's actually built and playing to win.

Behead those who insult summod!

SUMMOD AKBAR

>He thinks EA Ermor can't rush BoT with an assassin pretender and fill its forts

SUMMOD AKBAR BROTHER, I SHALL JOIN NON SUMMOD GAMES AND STALE ON PURPOSE

What if Ermor is playing to win AND rushes BoT?

Please don't actually do this.

It's just not an optimal strategy.

Wait, do you actually know whom made NN then?

It's WH 5.5 made by Ohlmann with the nerfs to Thed heroes removed by Lambert.

It's good to see some classic memes already.

Honestly, pretenders with default pretender names should be set AI at turn 1.

I thought the Ulm guy who wanted to be deleted was from WeWuzPantokratorz ?

How do they keep spreading?

post names
and titles

He made Ulm staling meme into his phylactery, and he will live as long as it happens. So basically
>join a game
>stale
>live forever

Why is this game's next turn starts in 2 days despite being on 24h hosting interval? Is admin Ulm?

First turn on llama is always 48 hours. It'll go by the usual 24 from then on.

So game is gonna start in 2 days? Joy.

Live!

Well, it's entirely possible he's just timezoned at the moment. It's only been four/five hours since it started.

Hell, I wandered off to take a nap when it was at 15 pretenders pre-start, and was the third last to submit when I woke up.

>Hell, I wandered off to take a nap when it was at 15 pretenders pre-start, and was the third last to submit when I woke up.
N-no, you didn't, that's what I did.

>Late summer in the two thousand and sixteenth year of the ascension wars
>Still using browser based inboxes
>Still e-mailing turns manually

Joke's on you, I actually use a PBEM manager.

I understand if people don't want to run sure.mod. I was the same way with CBM.

You should use the newer worthy heroes though. The older versions ignore newer nations entirely, and are actually broken (as in nonfunctional) in places due to poor coding or conflicts with newer patches.

stop being so laid back and call for a Jihad.
Mod war now, behead those who insult Summod.

Huh. Right enough, now I actually check. Second last. Guess we woke up about the same time.

I'm so sorry but I'm also fighting Yomi, forgive me sensei

post it then faggot

rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/dominions-4-pbem-manager-new-stuff.104015/

should we ask llamabeast to give someone adminning of der gutterdammer? who should do it?

i will be eliminated soon so i'd prefer not

Why? What happened?

>Ulm taken
>Join
>Ulm no longer taken

The duder who was Ulm had been posting for literally days to get his pretender removed. You can't say that this was a surprise, mate.

Was it a sufficiently memey tournament?

5 battles againt that one poor TC dude, fricken devils must have been confused as all hell.

Wait... sauro fought TC and Yomi twice in the tournament? How is this possible?