/dng/ - Dueling Netowrk General

Dueling Network/Yu-Gi-Oh! General #2258
Almost Good Archetypes Edition
Last thread: YGOPro (Windows): docs.google.com/uc?id=0B6B7GsCVf45zRUZnVHJid0N0eHc&export=download
YGOPro (Mac): mega.nz/#!fREAVBwZ!cOQG_5oHFKgjfwz4dVUtAW88w9gqRrvWyeFZ7zI_bVM

● DN was a browser-based, manual simulator.
● YGOPro is an automated simulator.

Useful Links:
>yugioh-card.com/en/rulebook/EN_SDSE_Rulebook.pdf
Current Official Rulebook, last updated 6/27/15
>yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Wiki with a wealth of information for players, new and old
>yugiohprices.com/
Yu-Gi-Oh! stock market
>ygodr.blog.jp/
OCG decklists
>yugiohtopdecks.com/decklists
TCG decklists
>ygorganization.com/ >blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/
TCG/OCG news sites
>yugioh.party/
Hypergeometric Probability Calculator

The Official /dng/ ruling test can be found here:
>testmoz.com/466984

Upcoming Sets:

●OCG: Booster SP: Destiny Soldiers (August 6th)
●OCG: Extra Pack 2016 (September 10th)
●OCG: Structure Deck R: Machine Dragon Re-Volt (September 24th)
●OCG: Raging Tempest (October 8th)

●TCG: The Dark Illusion (August 5th)
●TCG: Dragons of Legend: Unleashed (August 19th)
●TCG: Structure Decks Yugi Muto and Seto Kaiba (October 21st)

Before asking to be spoonfed, try the following:
● Read the cards.
● Lurk and read the archives.
● Read the cards please.
● Google your Deck before you post it here. If your deck is/was competitive it will probably have topped an event.
● Most games have single rounds or a best of three match; matches are encouraged as they teach you to make use of your side deck for tournament play.
● Remember to playtest and try suggestions before you trash them, even if someone recommends a weird tech choice. You don't know everything.
● RE

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10874669
roadoftheking.com/yu-gi-oh-world-championship-2016-forbidden-and-limited-list
ygorganization.com/free_my_ulti-canna/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Welp, that last point was meant to say "READ NIGGA READ"
Shamelessly bumping with petdecks

More memes

>targets, it's shit!
What other memes need to die?

nth for memes!

5th for new banlist

Is this a good deck for BlueEyes?

Also, what are the side deck cards?

stunshitters ww@

Just put Red-eyes Darkness Metal Dragon to 3 and watch Red-eyes become meta.
either that or Chaos Dragons becomes a thing again.

META

Where's Mechanical Chaser and Metalfoes in this?

I love Upstart Goblin. I remember when I was first shown the card by a long time friend and mentor of mine. I'd been playing Yu-gi-oh casually for a while before I finally decided to break into the competitive scene. However, as a High-School kid with limited income, I didn't have the funds. My friend sold me his old dark world deck cheap, I didn't need a good deck, I just needed something to play in order to get the hang of playing people in person. In the deck were 3 common copies of Upstart Goblin; after reading the card it peplexed me. "Why would you give your opponent 1000 lifepoints for free?" I asked. He simply chuckled and said "Heh, you have a lot to learn my young padawan".

At the root of it, 3 copies of Upstart Goblin makes your deck close to 37 cards. I'm sure you've all heard that before; but does it really mean much in the long run?

Yes. Yes it does.

Ask yourself- I want you to really ask yourself. Think about this, okay? Would you play a 43 card deck in a competitive environment? If you answered yes you should probably close the tab and reflect on why you're such a bad player. If you wouldn't play a 43 card deck, 3 more cards then is the current limit, why?.

Well you've probably thought "consistency". Consistency rules Yu-gi-oh! Consistency is what wins championships. Consistency will win you matches much more often than deck power, or flashy plays. All the best decks in the history of Yu-gi-oh have been consistent. The most consistent decks will always win.

memedecks? memedecks?

strawpoll.me/10874669
Alright faglords, new thread new post reminding all of you to vote for who (You) think will take Worlds 2016. Worlds 2016 is held on August 20-21 in Orlando Florida so the poll will close the moment the stream starts. Currently it looks like /dng/ thinks that Blue-Eyes will win despite all the shitposting claiming that the deck is shit and has no results in the TCG.

>blackwings got a boatload of more support
>theyre still shit
What went wrong?

roadoftheking.com/yu-gi-oh-world-championship-2016-forbidden-and-limited-list Here's the link to the page on the site where this graphic is with some explanations on why some cards are limited for "no reason"

/dng/ is full of theoryfag memelords that like to think we know the game better than anyone else and call anyone who disagrees a retard.

>Is this a good deck
Well, yes. Though keep in mind that it's tailored towards the OCG environment, what with triple Dragon Spirit of White and Ghost Ogre obviously meant to combat Pendulums.
>What are the side deck cards
Ally of Justice Cycle Reader
Harpies' (banned)
System Down
Cosmic Cyclone
Magical Spring(?)
Swords of Concealing Light
Scrap-Iron Statue (THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN)

Would hate to play against/10
Rituals will never be good past Nekroz/10
Fairy Tails confirmed sekrit meta/10
Dies to Denko/10
Team Taiyou/10

What is this?

Metalfoes aren't yellow enough.

why the fuck are minerva and mezuki on this?

>tfw /dng/ will never top locals
;-;
I'm guessing that it's a list of all, or some, Vanilla cards that were used in prominent meta decks

Do Normal Pendulums count? Also Frog the Jam is missing.

/dng/ is shit at the game and doesn't acknowledge that a good player can win even with a "lesser" deck, what else is new?

Fucking Normie cards that were actually meta at one point

It's missing Frog the Jam and Gem-Knight Garnet

Where are the OG big dick niggas La Jinn and Summoned Skull?

>Emergency Provisions, Mystik Wok, Rainbow Life and Tri-and-Guess are not forbidden in either OCG or TCG list, but they are forbidden in the Japan World Championship Qualifiers.
literally why were they forbidden in nip qualifiers?
>Minerva, the Exalted Lightsworn is not limited in either OCG or TCG list, but it is limited for being a difficult to obtain Yu-Gi-Oh! Championship Series 2016 Prize Card in the TCG.
yet again poorfags ruining everything

Nips hate stalling

>literally why were they forbidden in nip qualifiers
Probably to avoid sudden life changes when past time.

Controller was meta? When?

>Missed Mermail format

Be happy negroid, this card used to be the bane of existence. Completely unironic +2

Controller isn't a plus.

>goyo guardian still banned in the OCG

Needs Garnet and Jack's knight.

>tfw someone flipped Skill Drain on me when I sent Infantry

>Minerva, the Exalted Lightsworn is not limited in either OCG or TCG list, but it is limited for being difficult to obtain

What?

>forbidden rainbow life
Fucking what?

Sometimes it was.

>Free card is somehow not a + because arbitrary semantics
It's a + in every sense of the word. And yes, I am saying that shit like Ojamagic is a + too, because it is. Spare me the Tewart quote

Voted Blue-Eyes though i think monarchs still have a good chance of winning.

>Allure of Darkness is a plus
l-lol?

>Genex Diver
>WATER/3/Aqua/Effect
>If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 "Genex Controller" in your Graveyard. You can banish this card in your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Genex" monster from your hand or Graveyard. Each effect of "Genex Diver" can only be activated once per turn.

Well you're replacing a near-useless +1 with a potentially good +1.

So you think that in terms of potential of winning Worlds, in first comes Blue-Eyes and then Monarchs?

They both brick hard as fuck with Monarchs bricking harder but having more plays since Brilliant Fusion is a hell of a drug.
Just vote for set 5 pass.dek.
It doesn't brick and will be the most represented deck at Worlds like always.

Monarchs and BA are gutted for worlds pal. Kozmos, frogs, metalfoes and the like are not allowed. BE and stunshit are the only things that stand a chance.

This ruling pissed me off but I was happy that my locals said fuck that shit when someone tried to cite that YCS as the go to ruling

>Just vote for set 5 pass.dek.

Is this tellarknights? Wouldn't they get annihilated with spirit looping?

They won last year's Worlds and they can do it again

Do they have a chance at Worlds? Atlanteans are fucking nuts at powering through stunshit.

Even dead advantage is still advantage.

yeah. The extra deck version.

I never got where they came from with that
It doesn't send as a cost so I don't understand where they got the base for that argument.
Alpha ;) says otherwise.
I'd hope so.
That Megalo OTK is disgusting.

No norden hurts a bit, and BE has tooany tools to handle them. They'll get close but won't win.

Yes they do. You just gotta be a bit creative with deck building since no Kaijus and no Norden

With how restrictive worlds format is, mermails are a tier 1 deck for that format.

>Activate Megalo
>Discard Marksman and some other shit
>Opponent flips Strike

>You missed the Marksman's target
>You lost the Megalo
>Can't search your Abyss s/t

You still have 3 cards in your hand nigga, and apparently they have no backrow left. You forget mermails are the king of 1 card OTKs.

>Baited the strike so now you can Prince and win

>Normal Summon Diva
>win

It's too hard to play meme beasts in todays format, hoping the banlist with unlimit my bae Canny

Should I build and play Gusto?

RBs are getting new support in the set after Venom, Taiga

>Opponent summons Prince
>Solemn Strike its effect
>But it still gets to dump a Dragoons because it's a fucking cost
>Proceed to get OTK'd

Why did they have to make it like this

>Emergency Provisions, Mystik Wok, Rainbow Life and Tri-and-Guess
Cards that are banned to avoid players from stalling for time then flipping these in the last turn to pull out a win

>Minerva, the Exalted Lightsworn, Ascension Sky Dragon and Blood Mefist
Fall under the category of
>All exclusive cards from the Japanese OCG, Korean OCG, American TCG or European/Oceanic TCG without a worldwide release are forbidden.
Because YCS cards aren't considered officially released.

Don't get my hopes up like this. I fucking loved playing RB

If you can make Gusto Metalfoes work I'll mail you a cookie.

I always loved that shit.
>Cost ;)
>The effect is negated though....
>The send from deck is cost
>Lost connection
They are getting support though: ygorganization.com/free_my_ulti-canna/
>Support for themes from past sets, like Ritual Beast and Chaos Soldier/Black Luster Soldier decks!

>activate salvage to get back marksman and other shit
>moray of greed them back into the deck to draw 3
>OTK

There are three types of card designers at Konami
1. Anime card designers (they oscillate between shit and good cards)
2. The Competitive card designers (this is where those one shot legacy support comes from)
3. The Casual card designers (where all the shit cards come from)
Mermails had the luck of getting support which actually helps the deck.

>1. Anime card designers (when... you can)

>mermail atlanteans will never appear in the anime

>Anime card designers (Monkeyboard)

>1. Anime card designers (NIBELUNG'S TREASURE)

>tfw they briefly took names in the comic

>1. Anime card designers (Sabatiel)

Just looked this up. WHAT THE FUCK EVEN KAZ ISN'T THIS RETARDED

Damn, might try that out, seems cool
White chocolate and raspberry cookies are my favourite

I'm not Taiga I'm just a filthy memebeast poster, I'm really excited for the support.
Hope it's good.

I've sold my RB deck four times but it didn't even take me a week before I rebought it, it's a curse I just can't shake/

>It doesn't send as a cost so I don't understand where they got the base for that argument.
"cards must resolve as much as possible"
Same reason why duality reveals 3 then discards under Mistake.
Yugioh rulings arent consistent at all.

Why do so many Blue-Eyes decks in OCG use Forbidden Chalice?

I know that feel bro
>misses timing off Allure and Upstart
THANKS KAZ.
UNIFICATION DOESN'T MISS TIMING BUT THIS DOES.

You're right, it came from a filler anime arc.

Giving your opponent a +2 every turn for some draws is kind of interesting.

Helps beat over Defense Position Azure-Eyes

It is, except for the part where you win that turn because you just went +4.

>this is the most broken card Kaz designed
>it was even buffed from the manga too.
Read the ring, they lose any monsters they draw so it fucks you if they're playing Burning Abyss.

Slap on some restrictions and you got yourself a good dragons of legend card there baby.

>+2
>Draw 2 cards instead of 1
>+2
>Discard any monster
>+2

Checked. I thought Kaz designed nbewd?

Nice quads

What even is the difference between YGOpro and Devpro?

This wasn't filler though.

Why do meta archetypes never appear in the anime?

Devpro has a better competitive ladder, ygopro updates faster and has a not shit AI to play agaisnt.

You've just gotta add on my favorite CaC clause.

"Until the opponent's second End Phase after this card is activated, you cannot win the Duel. Until your opponent's second End Phase after this card's activation, if your opponent's Life Points would reach 0, their Life Points instead become 2000.

they don't have enough time for them all.

also ygopro has less bugs.

But Dian keto is untouched? Why don't they change the rules about the third game being determined by the shitter that stalled the most g1 and 2?

So since I'm just starting, I should do ygopro?

>True Card of Sanctity
>If you have less cards in your hand than your opponent: Your opponent draws until they have 6 cards in hand, then you draw the same number of cards.

Yeah. I recommend playing something relatively simple like Synchrons until you feel ready to play something more complex.

Card of Sanctity isn't as crazy as Nibelung's Treasure. Sure it's a solid +5, but it also helps the opponent and you can only ever use it to its full potential if you've lost all card advantage. Nibelung's Treasure is live with 5 cards in the hand turn 2, and is negative to your opponent.

I still can't believe how hard they fucked Card of Sanctity up, fuck. Completely unplayable shit.