/fog/ - Fallout General

Very angry waifu edition

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0zqsKfcTkFZ
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16999/?
youtu.be/5R8dL68KE7c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

first for four is not good

Make sure to keep yourselves clean!

4 is pretty much the new Brotherhood of Steel.

I honestly cannot think of a bigger blunder in gaming than 4.

Spore

Not by a long shot

>no vault related water purifier in the DLC
fucking dropped

How do I move named settlers like the ones at Tenpines bluff to other settlments?

>no vault related water purifier in the DLC
Except that big ass Vault-Tec water purifier that gives you 100 water in the cave

It's a serious deviation from the series' themes and gameplay, and was produced by people who don't really understand Fallout. I'd say it's a fitting analogy

can build more of them?
no
no you can't

I take it that the showers are mods?

Fucking Sheffield.

????

NUKA........COLA!!!!!!!

he said that nuka cola gives him clarity
maybe he was a martial arts master before becoming an alcoholic

>It's a serious deviation from the series' themes
Except its not, its a game where we see humans rebuilding in a post nuclear world and getting into ocnflict over ancient ideals such as reousrces, racism, slavery, etc. etc.

>and gameplay
Its literally Fallout 3/NV if the shooting mechanics didn't suck ass.

> and was produced by people who don't really understand Fallout.
>these meme
Yeah, because Tim Cain, Chris Avellone, and all the others who have said otherwise are all just big liars huh?

>not using freecam
>not disabling headbob
>not disabling motionblur
>fountain has lower texel density than everything else in the room
>fountain doesn't match up with anything else
>fountain provides safety hazard
>poster of old-world museum exhibit in vault
>advertisment for pre-war beverage in bathroom
>out of place clock in bathroom
>water cooler in bathroom
>no lockers or spaces for personal belongings of those in showers
>toilets in shower stalls
>laundry facility in bathroom
>sensitive robotics equipment stored in bathroom
>rusty poster frames in bathroom
>rusty and filthy clock in bathroom
>rusty and filthy decor in a room with a sign advocating for cleanliness

nth for please God let Nuka World be good.

I turned on my recently completed pc and installed games I was sure I'd play, and came across Wasteland 2 with the director's cut. I installed loaded it up because I've been on a fallout kick and thought it might be worth a replay, now I can't stop, but I've honestly only seen about 4 wasteland threads in 4 years.

Do people not like that game?

The Pitt 2: Electric Boogaloo

>its about re-establishing the raider king
>you don't get to be the raider king only you get to be stuck doing the dirty work
if this turns out to be true I'm dropping this game

General opinion I saw was that Wasteland 2 was pretty boring, and poorly balanced.

If it's anything like The Pitt I'll be happy, that was a fantastic DLC.

From what little we saw in the trailer, the Nuka World raiders appear to be more like ashur's raiders then ACTUAL raiders.

Pitt was pretty fucking amazing.
The teaser info suggests that you will be the one in charge. So I'm doubtful you're going to be anyone's bitch by the end.

>HEY BOSS WE FOUND ANOTHER SETTLEMENT TO RAID I'LL MARK IT DOWN ON YOUR MAP

>you don't get to be the raider king
>you get to be stuck doing the dirty work

help

I really hope Nuka world has motorcycle guy in it

Might ne unrelated but we're there generic raiders in NV or did they all have unique gang names. 4 did this a little bit with devils and forged along with Gunners. It stands out in WoTC. Seen a three way between forged devils and raiders. Fuck the children of atom. Fuckers week my day everytime. Wait till i get ghoullike mother fuckers

See, people are worrying that the faction is just going to be Minutemen 2.0, but allow me to explain why that's not that bad.

>Scenario 1
>THERE'S A SETTLEMENT THAT NEEDS OUR HELP
>You have to go out and help a bunch of incompetent fucks stave off a horde of wild animals that any turret system would annihilate

>Scenario 2
>Yeah we found a new settlement, go fuck em up and take their shit
>You are going out and fucking people in the ass

The issue isn't how the mechanics work, but how they're presented. One is baby sitting and the other is being a colossal dick for monetary gain.

New Vegas didn't have any raiders at all really.

It had tribals, but no raiders.

I think it was one of few games that really pandered to the core audience that made the original games (wasteland 1 + fallout 1 and 2) such hits. The first time I played, no, it wasn't balanced, but the free director's cut made the game look a little nicer and really did a good job of balancing the game.

It's a fun game to get immersed in, but, it's just got no mainstream appeal, and what little it did have suffered from the "too little, too late" thing when they fixed everything years later.

It'll be one of those games I'm booting up 20 years later, like how fallout 1, eye of the beholder, avernum, geneforge, and others are now. Kek I just wish I had friends to talk about it with

>avernum, geneforge
I played those games, fucking blew ass, but amazing time wasters.

Every play the Avadon series made by the same guy?

pirate bay I had the same problem when it wouldn't let me redownload it after I lost everything on a drive failure
>who are the fiends

My ideal would be if you could side with the raiders instead of Preston's group right at the start of the game.

Not gonna happen though, it'd basically be adding a new main faction to the game and Bethesda doesn't want to actually have to work for their mountains of shekels.

Alternative PA extra slots when

That would be a way to make Raider PA more usable, have a giant smog spitting engine as a unique attachment for raider torsos, feed it with stuff made of wood to keep it going instead of fusion cores

oh man my walking dead character is going to dig the fuck out of this

but my space marine sure isn't

probably gonna kill everyone in nuka world

Yes, they kinda do "suck," but I find that most games suck, and as far as balancing my hobbies, I could fit worse things into my vidya slot.

And yes I have them, I like them, but I have a weird affinity for these kinds of games, plus a very big collection. Physical at first but now digital. Fun ways to waste time, get comfy and have dinner in front of.

I think one of the most hoped for features of Nuka World has been additional upgrades to the Raider PA to make it far more usable.

vocaroo.com/i/s0zqsKfcTkFZ

Raider PA should give you damage bonus, or inject you with free psycho, or cause enemies to flee in fear occassionally. Low damage resist is fine but it needs to be off-set. It's not even like it's easier to find than other PA types.

As it is, there's zero reason to use it because it disintegrates the moment the first 10mm round flies past and you're gifted a complete set of T-45 at the start, which is better in every way.

This is a Fawkes.

Try underrail

would you please be so kind as to post me a non-virus torrent? i don't trust piratebay and i'm salty that KAT got taken down

>who are the fiends
Fiends weren't really raiders, they were just druggies.

>but it needs to be off-set
No it doesn't.

>As it is, there's zero reason to use it
and? there was zero reason to use the Chinese pistol in fo3, it still should have been there though.

>"Hey loser. buy me a drink or I'll punch you in the gut."
What do?

>Fiends weren't really raiders
>they were just druggies.
>weren't really raiders

If only we had some sort of name for a predatory mob of post-apocalyptic gangbangers who get off their heads of hard drugs and raid civilised settlements or ambush traders...........

Sorry sir, but I'm straight.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16999/?

I'd brainwash her into a loyal little slave and bodyguard.

>Game balance isn't neccesary

Bethdrone plz go

Shoot first.

Raiders are raiders because they deliberately raid others and steal their shit to survive, fiends are just crazy and attack people because they are too hyped up on drugs to do anything else.

Even the Fiend's own leader is just like "yeah, all those guys outside are the crazy ones we cant control".

They aren't attacking people to raid them, they are attack people cuz

Set it on fire.

Snu snu?

>balance
This has nothing to do with balance you twit, nor is everything perfectly balanced with each other in a good game either, because thats not how shit actually works.

The proper term is kangz

Follower when?

That's a very different kind of blunder, though, so it's not really a fair comparison. Be more accurate to say that Fable disappointed its fans more than FO4.

Only makes sense. We already have industrial water purifiers, get used to it. Besides, like the other user mentioned; there's a purifier which produces 100 and literally only needs you to lay down a few electric cables to get it up and running.
Not like they didn't provide you with 150 electric to begin with and enough nuclear material to afford another 500 via a single generator.

Either way, the post just said "blunder"

Didn't specify what kind

>even with all +DR perk, and a full suit of marine armor, the highest Dr one can achieve outside power armor is 220
>raider PA gives the player 500DR
>requires only the extremely common item of steel to repair

>breaks as soon as you enter combat

Player choice is remarkably cut down, and there's also a much more black and white portrayal of these conflicts. Compare the struggle between Gecko and Vault City with Covenant. Racism is involved in both conflicts, but only one portrays it in the grey context of reality. Just like the water chip or the Ink Spots, racism isn't a key theme of Fallout. Morality questions and player choice is.

>its literally Fallout 3/NV if the shooting mechanics didn't suck ass

Yes, it's got good gunplay, but gunplay isn't the central focus of Fallout. I'm talking about build diversity, the level up system, player agency. Specialization is rendered problematic because leveling up a perk such as Gunslinger is locked behind several more levels. Thus every character is condemned to a "Jack of all trades, master of none" status as players look for something else to select. Similarly, the role-playing aspect is all but erased as players are forced into the role of a good guy veteran father looking for his son or a good girl lawyer mother looking for her son.

Bethesda doesn't flesh out these characters enough to warrant the omission of a flexible dialogue system. And the dialogue system itself is too rigid for players to role-play with four choices and characters sounding the same as your last. The result is an unrealized character that belongs to neither the player nor the story.

Tim Cain enjoyed Fallout 3, but wished that it had been more creative with it's portrayal of the East Coast. Haven't heard what he said about Fallout 4, but creating their own factions IS a step forward for Bethesda. Ditching Pagliarulo would be another.

youtu.be/5R8dL68KE7c

You have an extremely narrow definition of raiders.

raider
[rey-der]

a person or thing that raids.

Fiends are raiders. They're an exclusively predatory group, they don't farm, they don't build, they just prey on civilised people, it doesn't matter if it's a conscious choice or because they're addicts. Plenty of the Fiends seem to be 'lifestyle' raiders anyway, they rape and pillage because they enjoy it.

>They aren't attacking people to raid them

Jesus Christ, you should be a fucking defence lawyer.

>'My client didn't tie this woman down, slice her tits off and snort coke off the stumps because he WANTED to your honour, he's merely the product of a inadequate social system that has failed him at every turn!'

Doesn't matter WHY fiends rape and pillage, the fact they rape and pillage makes them raiders regardless. Motive doesn't enter into it.

Except we all know what kind of blunder FO4 qualifies as, and so it makes sense to think of other games that also didn't live up to the hype, as opposed to the games that ruined their own legacy with ridiculous DRM.

But user, when I'm in an irradiated hellhole where food is scarce and everybody is trying to rape me, I need to secure my moral high ground knowing I'm not eating a giant insect or a 12 foot tall death lizard.

> and there's also a much more black and white portrayal of these conflicts
Lol no. in fact, one of the few things I've seen constantly praised about Fallout 4 was that it did a much better job of portraying the factions as being grey.

>Specialization is rendered problematic because leveling up a perk such as Gunslinger is locked behind several more levels. Thus every character is condemned to a "Jack of all trades, master of none" status as players look for something else to select.
I've only ever run into this problem by metagaming, and not actually role playing

You're missing the part where it disintegrates the moment a gun barrel is pointed in it's general direction.

Marine armor doesn't pop off you and dive into your inventory for safety from the mean ol' .32 rounds bullying it.

>memeshit
fucking dropped

>or thing
Are sentient, raiding robots a thing yet? Like a faction headed by something like the think tank?

They send out robots to bring back whatever it is robots need. I know the mechanist girl did that, but it doesn't feel the same as what I'm thinking.

>Similarly, the role-playing aspect is all but erased as players are forced into the role of a good guy veteran father looking for his son or a good girl lawyer mother looking for her son.

>rolpylaying is lost when you are made to play a role

I love it when people say this shit without seeing the inherent contradiction in it.

And you're a fucking retard for thinking being forced into the shoes of a character and ability to make your own character are the same thing.

By your own stupid fucking logic, Tetris is a role playing game because you play as the manipulator of the blocks.

>By your own stupid fucking logic, Tetris is a role playing game because you play as the manipulator of the blocks.
Tetris doesn't have leveling up systems, or quests, or gear, or anything else that makes up RPgs

what a total false comparison

>you play as the manipulator of the blocks.
What? No you don't. You play as a Russian peasant during the fall of the Imperial family, and rise of the Soviets.

Thank god we've never had forced background elements in other fallout games.

>Tetris doesn't have leveling up systems, or quests, or gear, or anything else that makes up RPgs
Way to move the goalposts.

>rolpylaying is lost when you are made to play a role
Your original quote, to play a role means literally playing any video game that puts you in control of something.

See how stupidly pedantic this argument is?

>You play the role of Gordon Freeman
>You play the role of Doom Guy
>You play the role of Faggot McFaggtson in "I make stupid fucking arguments on the internet in an attempt to sound smart."

>Elianora's shitty Dragon Age waifu/self-insert
Disgusting. Absolutely revolting shit-tier beyond pleb tier taste.
Kill yourself.

I can be LITERALLY whoever the fuck I like in New Vegas.
Not some shmuck veteran or fancy ass pansy lawyer from prewar.

>Are sentient, raiding robots a thing yet?

I want Whitechapel Charlie leading a gang of Redcoat-themed raiders.

>Way to move the goalposts.
Except its not.

>Your original quote, to play a role means literally playing any video game that puts you in control of something.
Wrong, my original quote was saying that playing a game where you are put into the role of a character is part of what defined role playing.

I never said, or implied, it was the only thing that mattered.

Your entire argument is based on a fucking ridiculous straw man

False equivalence.

>Fallout 1 - You're a Vault Dweller
>Fallout 2 - You're a Tribal
>Fallout 3 - You're a Vault Dweller
>New Vegas - You're the Courier
>Fallout 4 - YOU'RE A PREWAR SOLDIER/LAWYER WITH A SPOUSE AND SON

I just thought Piper looked cute dammit

>piper
>cute
>ever
No.

Not him but no you can't.

You HAVE to be a mailman who has spent years in the NCR, and has gone to Circle Junction, Fort Abandon, done brahmin drives on the big circle, gone to Navarro, crisscrossed the southwest to pass through The Divide enough times to basically be reproducible for the community in the first place, and tons of other shit

>You're a Vault Dweller with a runaway scientist dad, black mother and desperate need to go searching for MUH FATHER
Fixed.
Don't give Bethesda credit as if 3 let you roleplay.

Daikatana.
Duke NUkem Forever.
Castlevania Lords of Shadow.

HOW DO I GET THAT ARMOR

>Fallout 2 - You're a Tribal
With a mom, an aunt, and a cousin.

Historical revisionism at its finest

>Wrong, my original quote was saying that playing a game where you are put into the role of a character is part of what defined role playing.

Oh sorry guys, Halo, Half Life, DOOM etc. are all RPGs now. Apparently this is a strawman when it literally fits your definition.

>YOU HAD PARENTS/OLDER FAMILY MEMBERS, WOW THIS ISN'T ROLEPLAYING
Having parents isn't exactly a choice we get to make, dumbasses.

in fallout 3 you could only talk to like 5 people about your dad not everyone you come across like in this game

You gotta do what you gotta do, y'know?

WHO'S DICK I GOTTA SUCK FOR THAT ARMOR