First time for everything edition

Getting Started:
Rule Sheets:
cf-vanguard.com/en/howto/

Cardfight Vanguard Wiki: cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Cardfight!!_Vanguard_Wiki

Decklists from past Tournaments:
cf-vanguard.com/en/cardlist/deckrecipe/

What makes the game different:
>"Monster Cards" Only. no spells, traps, lands etc ...
>24 distinct clans with their own archetype with their own gimmicks
>Quicker matches that avoid the OTKs that have ruined other games
>An almost nonexistent ban list that keeps old cards in use with recent stuff

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=36M3CnGeX4M
cardfight.ru/cf-area
mediafire.com/download/sba80pd2f0m96az/Cardfight Vanguard Area 1.87.rar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>>"Monster Cards" Only. no spells, traps, lands etc ...
distinct clans with their own archetype with their own gimmicks
>>Quicker matches that avoid the OTKs that have ruined other games
>>An almost nonexistent ban list that keeps old cards in use with recent stuff

This sounds awful

It originally did to me at first, but there were other details:
>Most cards have effects that sync with each other
>The gimmicks are remote things like removing opponent's cards, playing cards from your deck, etc...
>You only need to deal six damage to win, but there are several ways to defend yourself. Average match times are around 15 minutes

Because I suck at explaining, here is a video of people playing the game that I should have included in the OP:

youtube.com/watch?v=36M3CnGeX4M

so is there a way to play this online or are you just tryign to get us to go out and buy some weeaboo cards?

Here's the link to the online game:
cardfight.ru/cf-area

Much like Dueling Network, this is a manual simulator that requires people to know the full rules. Completely free, all card included.

If you don't want to go on a Russian website, the download link is here:
mediafire.com/download/sba80pd2f0m96az/Cardfight Vanguard Area 1.87.rar

I'll add it in the next hypothetical general if it will even last.

It's been since 2013 when I completed my mermaid deck. What have I missed?

Bushiroad introduced Stride cards.

>Grade 4
>Have their own extra deck slot
>15k power + vanguard's
>Ride them on top of Grade 3's at the cost of cards with grades equal to 3

Bermudas and Aqua Force have gotten recent support and a new Bermuda box came out last week.

Gear Chronicle is the newest clan and is based around field control and sending cards to the bottom of the opponent's deck.

Clans now have keywords that allow them to activate new abilities based on various conditions.

Is there an IRC you frequent?

I wouldn't mind setting one up to meet and play others.

Not really/ I was mainly playing this game with friends in person. I still need to install Cardfight Area myself.

I'm disappointed how they're handling their official online client on steam.

Same here. Apparently they're releasing it in 2017 which pisses me off. It sucks because CFA is one of the shittiest simulators I've used.

We need someone to make some sort of "CFVpro" at this point.

If I were to do this in real life, how much is the average competitive deck USD?

I wish I can give an actual answer since it really depends on the clan and what archetype.

I know people who spent $300+ on a deck and kicked my ass.

I know people who spent $30 on a deck and kicked my ass.

If you want to start, I'd recommend looking up the Toshiki Kai Legend deck for around $30. It has everything you need to be competitive in one box of broken cards. There's also the newer G Trial decks for around $20 that are decently okay decks that would just need a bit more support to become meta.

Most budget powerhouses will run about $150. However, there are plenty of options for below $100. What kind of deck do you want to run?

Nova Grappler or Link Joker

Link Joker: Easily $150+ as the meta cards are all expensive.

Nova Grapplers: Good amounts of range here depending on archetypes. A good Beast Deity deck will run you around $60-80, but Blaus will be higher as well as Meteokaiser.

I recommend Beast Deities as most of the cards are really cheap and the heaviest cost I've seen was around $6 for your boss card.

I have a decent amount of money so I will take a further look into this game, but I just wanna ask someone who plays it, does this game have an active community?

The community's activity depends on location but it's very popular where I'm at in California. I was surprised to see how many people play it and there's a few clubs at my campus that play it as a side or main thing. Bushiroad has several tournaments lined up and regionals are soon.

Is Nouvelle still good?

Not nearly as good but definitely useable

Thread's off to a rousing start

Live god damn it

Wait so this is TCG but it has some russian client to play it online so you guys decided to make a thread for it? I mean Yugioh does it but that has a much bigger fan base.

There's also a new simulator coming out by Bushiroad but it's taking about eight years to get done