Worth driving M4 in the winter?

I'm about to buy a BMW M4 but is it worth driving it in the winter?

Any advice?

If I can drive a Boxster in winter, then you can drive an M4.

I had a winter beater, and hated driving an inferior car while the car I enjoyed sat in a garage. So last winter I slapped some snow tires on it, and I managed just fine.

I calculated the cost of owning two cars exceeded the cost of driving the sports car in winter (including extra depreciation). I was paying more in the name of "protecting" my Boxster from winter, when I could have been enjoying it all year.

What are you thinking about?
Rust?
Getting around?

A good idea would be to say where you live and what kind of winters you get

see, just drive with the inside of your head and you wont need 4wd. sure its nice and all, but unless you are retarded, and drive or normal roads (as one would do with an M3/4), its not necessary.

>pigfat
>no dipstick
>shit steering
M4 a shit

As a manual, maybe...

Snow tires solve almost everything.

The quality of the car and ruining the car quickly

I live in Toronto, Canada so we get some pretty bad snow.

Modern cars shouldnt care about any kind of winter. Just dont beat it without letting it get warm.

Don't bother if they salt the roads

rich asian douchebag detected

I'm actually white and work hard for my money

Get the underside treated and proofed.
Wash the car regularly (we're talking a few times a week), with special attention to the wheelarches, trim pieces and anywhere you can imagine deposits of salt from water can get trapped

I understand your fear, salt is fucking cancer

Then why waste money on a shitty bmw that will depreciate? Get a E46 330/M3 or a E39 530/540/M5

Snow tires and don't drive like a retard.

If you wanna keep it from rotting under your ass just keep it covered when parked at home, go to Ziebarts or some shit to get the undercarriage coated, and wash the damn thing every week even if you're just hosing off caked on salt and slush.

How much would maintenance cost approximately a month?

Should I get an Audi A5 instead since its an all year round car

It depends, do they salt the roads where you live? If so I would buy some second cheapo RWD beater for snow hooning.

We get some pretty bad snow and winters sometimes. I'm not trying to get stuck.

Should I just get an Audi A5 or a Mustang instead?

>Not salting roads

What kind of maniac do you have to be to live under such conditions

Audi would be better due to awd.
But prepare yourself for VW parts that cost x3.
If youre not stupid you'll find a way to get the exact same part for vw prices

I live downtown Toronto, so they shovel and salt everywhere lmao.

Then what about the 2015-16 Mustang?

Except when corvettes bottom out on the road I live on in summer. Can't imagine it in winter.

I have an M4, OP. I hear it's fine in winter with winter tires, but be aware that the car literally eats rear tires. I'm on track to replace mine every year. Maybe sooner. It's a great car otherwise. Also, don't get the CCBs unless it's a lease. Have fun

The kind living in the PNW full of tree-loving environmentalists. Fortunately salt on roads is one subject we agree on.

>is it worth driving it
Never.