/evog/ - Evolve General

Cheater's Edition

store.steampowered.com/app/273350/
evolve.wikia.com/wiki/Evolve_Wiki

>What is Evolve?
Evolve uses an asymmetrical structure where five players, four playing as hunters and one as the monster, battle against each other in an industrialized alien planet called Shear.
Stage 2 is the transition to Free To Play + a lot of gameplay changes.

>What's new?
evolveupdates.com/stage2/

>I heard the game was dead?
It was, ~200 players on Steam and little to no updates from the developers. If F2P can bring it back is unknown, but as of right now it's been hovering in the teen thousands.

>Should I "get" it?
It's free. 18GB. Download and test it out.

>F2P Model?
Every week, four hunters (one of each class) and one monster will be in the free rotation. There are currently 24 Hunters and 7 Monsters in total. By playing the character tutorials, you unlock one hunter (Markov) and one monster (Goliath) to keep forever.

Additional monsters, hunters, perks, and skins are unlocked by earning silver keys. Silver keys are earned by playing the game, leveling up, or getting login bonuses. Currently you can't actually buy silver keys, presumably so they can test the unlock rate, but that's coming later.

There is also a monthly login bonus punch card. You get one punch for each day you log in. Beyond silver keys, this can directly award new Hunters and Skins.

>What if I don't want to grind for characters and perks?
You can buy the game and it to gives your account full founder benefits, which gives you 30k keys and most characters.

>Microtransation?
None as of yet.

>Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/evolvevg

>Perk info(Inc. how to unlock them)
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=721252371

>Patch info:
steamcommunity.com/games/273350/announcements/detail/609494389803921586

Canon Stories:
talk.turtlerockstudios.com/t/evolve-hunter-stories-canon-latest-story-kalas-story/25399

Old

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qFGsBc0zWi4
youtube.com/watch?v=LCN81CTgoZE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

xth for Emet

Worship.

Wraith a best

first for a cute

A CUTE

How do you deal with Rogue Val as Gorgon? I will admit I'm a monster scrub, but it's just impossible to run a train on her, and she heals her team a metric ton

>she heals her team a metric ton
no

just focus hank every time

Any link Where i can find how the lvl 40 hunter skins look like?

depends on who is the support
once she pops her heal its over, dont give up

repostan from old thread
Okay, so should I get Meteor Goliath or Kraken? All I have is Goliath other than flavour of the week, and whilst Gorgon and last week's wraith were fun, OGoliath feels depressingly weak. I don't even know why.

That or I can just save up a billion fucking keys for the grounder perks since jesus christ fuck medics who are good at flying to safety.

Ask yourself, what do you feel like is most fun, cheesing everything to death as a piece of living, flying artillery, or diving into the fray and going balls deep on everyone

Do the Buoys' healing effects stack?

go Kraken because even so Moliath is stronger than the small one, the Kraken is at least a different play style

no

TIER LIST

neat

>nomads used to be an actual fucking threat

>Love playing Kala
>Gorgon on rotation means she's always a good pick

>Kala
>a good pick

>laz saying his name in the subtitle just brute forces it phonetically
>bucket saying laz's name is subtitled with proper grammatically annotated characters

The little things

>tfw enjoyed EMET since day one
>tfw still did a good job and had fun
>tomorrow he will be much better

post proofs

>buy emet yesterday
>think he's shit
>actually read up on what his abilities do
>find out fingerpistol is fire/forget
>find out buoys increase healing in range and magnitude
>respawn beacon still weird
>wreck shit left and right
>tomorrow he will be much better
>mfw

Crow is me. Literally me. No other character can come close to relating to me like this. There is no way you can convince me this is not me. This character could not possibly be anymore me. It’s me, and nobody can convince me otherwise. If anyone approached me on the topic of this not possibly being me, then I immediately shut them down with overwhelming evidence that this character is me. This character is me, it is indisputable. Why anyone would try to argue that this character is not me is beyond me. If you held two pictures of me and this character side by side, you’d see no difference. I can safely look at this character every day and say “Yup, that’s me”. I can practically see this character every time I look at myself in the mirror. I go outside and people stop me to comment how similar I look and act to this character. I chuckle softly as I’m assured everyday this character is me in every way. I can smile each time I get out of bed every morning knowing that I’ve found my identity with this character and I know my place in this world. It’s really quite funny how similar this character is to me, it’s almost like we’re identical twins. When I first saw this character, I had an existential crisis. What if this character was the real me and I was the fictional being. What if this character actual became aware of my existence? Did this character have the ability to become self aware itself?

I still dont understand how you're supposed to use the beacon
The dropship changes make it even more worthless early on and the bright blue light makes it impossible for the monster not to notice

>you can throw buoys and burst them mid air
>running a full class cooldown EMET made a monster ragequit already

I would but I can't ;_;
she isn't real

i think it's rather weird to only be able to place it when someone's already down. wouldn't it be faster to just revive them rather than placing the beakon and then waiting for the guy to die AND respawn?

Fucking scalies. How could anyone get off to the idea of removing a wraith's armor and licking her massive body all over, nibbling her neck and kissing her long tentacles? Only another monster would think about her cute mouth and tongue wrapped around a thick cock slick with her saliva, pumping in and out of her mouth until it erupts, the cum more than enough for her to reach stage 3.
The idea of thick viscous semen overflowing, dribbling down her jaw over her busty chest, her big claws scooping it all up and watching her suck it off is just horrible. You're all a bunch of sick perverts, thinking of spreading her smooth veiny thighs, cock poised at the entrance to her pure, tight, virginal pussy, and thrusting in deep as a whimper escapes her teeth which are slippery with cum, while her large body shudders from having her cherry taken in one quick stroke.
It is truly nasty how you'd run your hands all over her body while you violate her, feeling her breast ridges hardening against your tongue as you lick her chest and her neck, savoring the scent of her skin and sweat while she trembles from the stimulation and as she reaches her climax, hearing her cry out softly as she has her first orgasm while that cock is buried deep inside her, pulsing violently as an intense amount of hot cum spurts forth and floods through her freshly-deflowered pussy for the first time, filling her womb only to spill out of her with a sickening squelch. And as you lie atop her flushed body, she sighs breathlessly and her claws dig into your back as she feels your cock hardening inside her again.
You're all sick in the head.

youtube.com/watch?v=qFGsBc0zWi4

>you will never have a good BBQ time with the hunter crew
Bucket sucks at cooking is canon

Reminder that TURTLE ROCK STUDIOS thinks Lazarus is absolutely fine the way he is now. You're all just shitters and can't revive within the 5 second window that they've provided.

>the cum more than enough for her to reach stage 3

>Lennox
>still that high

>Fuck mondays, Bucket is in charge of cooking again.
No wonder Hyde eats monster right from the street.

meant to reply to

Lennox should drop due to being nerfed.
Torvald should rise due to being buffed.

while Lennox is pretty good, she is not Markov-tier

She is moving down next patch. Kraken being as overpowered as he is right now is also a factor in that.

Who would you want to see added?

Do we have a Evolve Discord? Or people looking to do premades w/ voice at all?

doom bucket or monster hyde

What do we have here?

early concept art I think. Found it on the Evolve wikia

Tom

>Markov could've been a qt Assault called Tesla

You really shouldn't decide tiers based on individual monsters. Lennox's damage will still be good.

My own donut steel loli assault.

You also have to consider how problematic it is to use her efficiently. Even grounded monsters deny her damage potential.

>reading over the last thread
>someone says the gorgon variant's mimic can deal dot
Do people just suggest that you never use mimic without knowing what it does?

Of course

She can be shut down easily by someone like meteor goliath

Dots don't interrupt the combo

>be parnell
>gorgon mimics
>rocket blows both up while monster stay still
Mmmmh yes. Use mimic.

doesn't matter if she does jack shit damage runs at you

>not wasting his super soldier as the most mobile monster in the game

(M)Goliaths are really the only monsters that Lennox is strong against. Everything else can keep her in check with splash damage or swiftness.

Fuck ass no.
Every time I play against her as M goliath i fuck her shit up, that plasma lance can hurt my shield but not enough.

Does it even matter that it's meteor?
Any good monster can interrupt her combo, but some do it better than others. Goliath not having any quick ranged or traversal needs extra time to interrupt her.

I can agree with that

is there any actual info on quantum caira or the next set of monthly login rewards?
they said they wanted her out with this patch, I must have missed something

Is it just me or is this month's daily sign in bonuses shit?

All we know so far is that she's said to not be bursty and some dev said "she does?" when someone said she has a healing burst

I want to pet Goliath
I want to eat Gorgon(zola)
I want to release Kraken
I want to unlock Behemoth
I want to slay Wraith.

I cant even see half of mine

>medic with a healing burst

So I have to ask what is the main issue with Kala's viability?

I understand the meta right now is more about survivability, so is that it really? You can normally (with capacity perks) hold the beam long enough to do enough damage to drop the dome like a normal fight.

I guess in the case that the monster either chooses to stay and fight when its armor comes back up or run without fear of chip damage is the main factor correct?

I would still put her low, but at least in the NOT GOOD tier instead of I WANT TO LOSE. I don't see how different she is from Cabot's "Burn down with damage" gameplay. They both seem to suffer from the same issues.

Exactly.

its a pub tier list. in pubs, the duster is tons more useful than getting dmitri to use a portal. for me, thats about it.

>Slim has a Boy Named Sue reference

What perks can I use to make him less of a detriment?

youtube.com/watch?v=LCN81CTgoZE
kek

>I cant even see half of mine
It is because there is none.
Means you've missed one day and thus won't receive hidden ones. They are for people who never missed a day

As with all medics, class cooldown and battery perks are best. Pick one and stack.

Some of those players were pretty good.
I blame the assault here.

The monster tier rankings are all fucked up, man.

I'll make this easier: the more mobile a monster is, ie. the better their traversals and movement speed, the higher rank they are. In high ranked play that is.

So it's meteor goliath > goliath > wraith > kraken > elder kraken > gorgon > behemoth

>The better their traversals and movement speed
Then why is Goliath on top?

Gollies have two pseudo-traversal attacks on top of their traversals. With full speed perks, you're a fucking ghost that only engages on your terms.

Even using them, he still seems slower.
What can fucking beat a Gorgon angling and timing the traversals just right to sanic through the map? It does however quickly reveal you, which is why I prefer the stealth/speed Wraith.

>What can fucking beat a Gorgon
Wraith

How do you fight Kraken? He stays up in the air forever and it's impossible to dodge his ranged attacks unless you're running for cover.

>be jack
>know how to angles
>push kraken to the ground

And it is absolutely pointlesss

But what the fuck is a Man of War skin anyway then?

GUYS LOOK IN THE MAIN MENU

Your heavily reliant on your trapper in this case.

If your Assualt just pick Markov or Parnell. Honestly Markov has the added bonus of chain lightning hitting the Banshee mines. I find the mines are the biggest damage the Kraken brings to the table.

Medic? Val's tranq sniper rifle is incredibly useful. It makes the Kraken sink like a stone.

Trapper? Griffon or Able are probably the best. Abe's grenades make him sink and can be used to set up slow fields on the juke points. Griffon can pull the monster down. recommends Jack but after playing quite a number of games as Jack he isn't that great. At best you'll keep him on the ground a couple of seconds but when he gets up into the air its incredibly hard to get your repulsor to get them down. His gun sucks at shooting Banshee mines as well.

Support? Hank of course for overall survivability but I actually like Bucket in that match up. Sentry drones can be real good on keeping hits up on the Kraken and Mechanized recharge is useful if either your or the Medic are getting focused.

No idea

They already removed it. There was mention of her in the store or career profile anyway

>New set of log-in rewards
>Half of them are just black spaces
I assume I already own whatever's there
Tell me what day 22 and 28 are supposed to be

Kraken skin.

Also you still get it even if it's blank.

Looks nice

Eh personally I prefer Frostbite.

>quantum caira will be a worse caira that nobody uses
>trs will fix this by making caira worse

Fine by me, more reason to stick with Vals.

>ugly manface bitch
kek

This game definitely deserved the 3.5 million purchases, I can see every cent has been put to good use.

you're aiming above the tele you retard

joke's on you, slay is slang for fucking thoroughly