/4xg/ - Stellaris, Civilization, and 4x General

>Stellaris OP
pastebin.com/qsTFCyvh

>Stellaris Mod Archive
mega.nz/#F!hpBCSbCC!vZNs1Qhip_UJQPSSdoZjUg

>What is stellaris?
A 4x game developed by paradox development studios.

>Stellaris Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/vgstellaris

>Where is the white only mods/patch
Ask in the thread.

>/civ4xg/ OP:
pastebin.com/P5XCTQx9

>[YouTube] CIVILIZATION VI Official Announcement Trailer

>Recommended mods for Civilization V
pastebin.com/5ANRmRur

>More info on Civ VI:
pcgamer.com/civilization-6-everything-you-need-to-know/
ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy
gamespot.com/articles/civilization-6-revealed-brings-major-changes/1100-6439691/
well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FiraxisGames/status/760203667207094272
twitter.com/EdBeach23/status/760278872436961280
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>[YouTube] CIVILIZATION VI Official Announcement Trailer

Alpha Centauri sucks.

Beyond Earth sucks too.

Nigga clearly doesn't know what he is doing.

Old games always sucks because it took years to develop a decent AI.

You take that back before I nerve staple your bitch drone ass.

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but it's true.
I spawned next to the alien faggots, they literally spent the entire game attacking me. I don't know how they kept pumping up units, so I was ALWAYS under attack.

You want to get rid of mind worms, you have to remove fungus

Even if you do, you'll still be attacked if you pollute too much

Alpha Centauri is one of the most universally-acclaimed strategy games of all time. You are objectively wrong if you really believe it sucks. Just get gud.

I don't mean the little bitches of The Many, I mean the ayyys introduced in Crossfire.
The worms are easily manageable, just hide in a town and let them come.

Well no one said Alien Crossfire was that good.

If you must use it, you're better off only using the original factions.

Well, fuck.

Are all the AIs able to spout a shitload of units anyway? I'm so used to Civ4 and Civ5 that I find Alpha Centauri a bit confusing with its "units are locked in combat until one is dead" gameplay.

tfw you wanna create an individualist pacifist utopian empire

tfw individualist bonus is pretty garbage

Some factions are better at it then others. The aliens are just straight up better than the human factions at just about everything; they only exist for people who want a deliberately asymmetrical game.

But yeah, especially on higher difficulties, the AI loves to build more units than you expect. Yang in particular.

That's the catch : I was playing in easy and still got swarmed.
If this was normal mode and if my scouts couldn't stand against shock infantry, I would've lost.

Fucking Vert who kept building wonders before I could finish mine, too.

Stellaris was a mistake

when are they going to fix catherine de medici drinking red wine out of a champagne glass? It's unbelievably triggering to me.

why

is galactic civilizations iii good or is it a meme game like memesters of orion?

it's good, a little bland though

What is a good first space 4x game for someone new to the genre?

I know civilization is baby's first 4x game, but historical and genetic fantasy settings always bored me to tears.

Rance Civilizations 2.
Distant Rance : Universe.
Rance at War.
Galaxy Rance.
War on a Rance Scale.

>mfw Command and Conquer Generals perfectly integrated unlimited ressources to compensate for natural ressources running out
>but completely fucked the Chinese in the ass by making them extremely vulnerable to units-spawning abilities

Don't diiiiiie!

bump

They are cute

>being anything but space waifu

is stellaris any good yet?

I haven't played Stellaris since release, is there a changelog or tl;dr of the changes they've made thus far? Tempted to get back into it again but I'm not sure if it's worth it to repirate it all.

If you didn't like at the start you aren't going to like it now.

There's literally what, 2 updates since it came out? Just read their changelogs.

i havent played it at all yet, i heard that as of release the late game was so bad that it wasnt worth playing

is that still the case?

Depends on what you are looking in the game. It wasn't bad, it was boring after the first game.
That's still the case.

i see, looks like ill have to skip it still then

tnx tho mate

So the cities were exactly like the one hiden ingame

The early and mid game is fun the first time you play it, then it's shit.

>UI is terrible, especially for managing plenty of planets
>diplomacy is laughably fucking bad
>micromanaging is spore levels of pain in the dick
>gameplay is REALLY repetetive (same quests every single game, same opener, very similiar playstyle, just going around building space stations to get higher income and science gain)
>combat broken as fuck
The game is just really shallow and repetetive, and not repetetive in the fun kind like Civ is.

They look like arthropoids with leaves

Do the plants actually add anything to the game besides more races, or is it just an official mod that they're charging money for?

>he knows

have plants been released?

So, this Wednesday a bunch of ecelebs will be allowed to release their footage of a 150-turn test game, and Beach will be doing an official stream later in the day.

What are you looking forward to?

I am sure they will have some negative modifiers against the player like -1000000 "you eat us"

Has anyone here tried th SMAC mod for BE? I just can't get into these bland leaders and I think it's keeping me from wanting to even finish a playthrough.

>human ship
>rectangular, aerodynamic and practical design
>looks like a spaceship should

>molluscoid ship
>look like fucking squids or crustaceans

>fungoid ship
>looks like a fucking mushroom

>arthropoid ship
>it looks like some fucking bug or a beehive

Why do they do this?

t. dumb human

Better question is, why are there only one style of ship per species? Super limited

>Aerodynamic
>in space

>ether
>no in space
Its like you don't want to sail in space.

if you guys didnt know
theres a civ stream going on wednesday at 4 pm EST on the firaxis stream, thats going to start at turn 45, when they're just founding a religion. it will also feature a new civ (that will be shown tomorrow in the new civ showing) that will probably be spain or someone else religious focused.
twitter.com/FiraxisGames/status/760203667207094272
twitter.com/EdBeach23/status/760278872436961280

>page 10

>sail in space.
>no sails
it's like you don't even know how to boat

so, is Sins of a Solar Empire a 4X game? It looks kind of cool, and I need something to play while I wait for them to finish Stellaris.

>betrayed one hour later

RT4X

It's an RTS with hefty 4x influences. With a side of really well done WC3 hero units for capital ships. It's a lot of fun by oh my the learning curve is more of a cliff and it doesn't hesitate to rip your fucking nuts off even on the easy difficulties when you're new.

Oh and there's a sizable mod undertaking to make a total conversion that's essentially star trek armada 3.

Anyone get any Commonwealth of Man vs United Nations of Earth events?

I ask because i started an observer game just to trigger a crisis and I see the two of them together on the map, which I haven't had happen before.

Lad, SMAC probably has better AI than Civ V

Is it possible to get rid of Wild Storms modifier with terraforming?

>trusting a man that talks about peace while he stands in front of a burning city wielding a huge sword
You only have yourself to blame

Solar Panel Network.

Yes or no?

Yes, it's very good early game.
Becomes totally irrelevant late-game, but by then you're post-scarcity economy so who cares what you do

yep I put it on every spaceport

>don't make new thread
>nobody else does
>they still don't fix OP
Then the LORD said to me, "Where is your thread Veeky Forums4xg/?" "I don't know," I replied. "Am I my thread's keeper?"

I was 2 seconds from making a thread with a fixed op, but they beat me to it.

I saw the threads you made m8

What threads I made? I was asleep when the thread died, confident as I was a new one would be made like last thread.

Previous threads I mean, you usually make a mistake somewhere else when fixing the other. I was joking

Also I noticed I have no images of Catherine at all, I should visit civfanatics for some

who the fuck is this fat pig you keep posting?

Stalker.

Friendly reminder that :
You couln't save Kharak.
Familiar of Zero's author died before he could finish it.
The Infinite War has not been completely stopped.
Age of Empires III is still a thing.
You're going to die.
Rise of Legends will never get a sequel explaining what the Cuotl gods were.
Battle Realms II will never come out.
RTS casualized so much that Age of Empire IV will likely have easy controls for consoles.
Due to Arrakis getting terraformed, there are no more source of Spice.

I have a feeling Firaxis' workers of today don't really know how to make noses

They're going for some weird playdough style
Honestly liked CiV for realism and Civ IV for cutesyness, this feel like it's trying to go a middle road and fails both.

>Age of Empires III
I didn't play it. What's wrong with it?

Just go torrent it and try it out, or go back one or two threads where two people basically listed out all the problems with it.

You forgot
Black and White III will never exist
EE III is still a thing and so shit it killed the studio outright
CK2 will never be optimized
We will never get the shit that Rome 2 stripped out in total war again

I think he's going after how red the tip of the nose is, i.e. the "tumblr nose", which is poor technique used in lieu of actually learning how to draw a nose.

It's massively dumbed down compared to the second.

>mfw I have Black and White 2
>but for Mac because I forgot to check
>could never play it

I never fucking got it either
It doesn't even make it look more like a nose, if you'd just get rid of the tint it's actually look better

It's not just dumbed down though
Maps are fucktiny
It's optimized for multiplayer such that a multiplayer system is jammed into singleplayer
You run out of fucking wood in the game when it's about colonizing
There's so many things limited like only making one / two castles (no, the 'castles' the asians get are just fucking towers) and only getting 2 factories maximum
Immortal scouts

Also
>it is now impossible to find Let's Play on Youtube without shitty comments
>people care more about being famous than being good, leading to a community copying scrubs

Anyone is interested in playing civ 5 multiplayer someday? The only way to play online is through private games with groups of people, I can never find games in the online game list.

I'm terrible but if you'll have me sure.

My dad read the Infinite War.
Any good?
No idea what the Familiar of Zero is.

The Infinite War is also the conflict depicted in Supreme Commander.
Despite global peace at the end of SupCom 2, there's still trouble brewing.

Familiar of Zero is some Japanese manga thing about a flat tsundere or something.

I'd join but because of my internet speed and country, I'd probably have terrible ping/lag.

Do post pics here if you guys have a game though

>manga

Excuse me, "graphic novels"

>The Familiar of Zero is a fantasy and comedy-oriented series of Japanese light novels written by Noboru Yamaguchi, with illustrations by Eiji Usatsuka.
It's an LN you idiot, if you didn't know what it was why even respond?

Excuse me, "runes stapled together".

>typing runes in sequence in a hunnic throat-singing forum sacked by the vandals
For what purpose?

>First operation of Impending Doom for the Irkens.
>Expand too quickly, realize frontier outposts take influence AFTER I have 4 of them with mines everywhere.
>Second Impending Doom operation of the Irkens.
>Expand too slowly, neighbor is one of those advanced starts, other pushes borders on me and kicks me out of a system I had mines and research stations in.
I hope I get it right this time. 25 hours and nothing to show for it.

How soon should I jump on another planet? This time the idea was to wait for one that would put 2 or more other systems in my boarders, and one other planet only had 60% hospitality that I snagged.

Addendum: I waited until I had destroyers to start plans of conquest.
Is that way too slow?

As soon as you got me hard ships, mate.

Is it possible to toggle hyperlanes? I shouldn't have researched this shit.

what? researched what shit? Have you somehow switched from warp/wormhole to hyperlanes?

There's a rare tech that lets you see hyperlanes regardless of your FTL type.

Not that I'm aware of

>rare tech that lets you see hyperlanes
that's pretty fucked for hyperlane players. I didn't know because I always play hyperlanes only.

I could see it being an issue in a MP game if everyone else is playing HL and you're using either warp or especially wormholes. But I've used it to great effect against the AI when several HL only races declared war on me. I was able to trap them since I knew the way they'd be coming at me.

This is the most defensible city I've ever fucking seen. Those sea grasses you see cost 2 movement to go through.

FEED ME, SEYMOUR