Miata(mk1) Vs. S2000

im looking forward to buying a one of these 2 awesome convertibles, i wanna know which would you get and why? (post pics to make this entertaining please :3)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7V6ZD7tCgPo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

S2000.
/thread

But user OP wanted something that wasn't overpriced by 15k

Veeky Forums hates convertibles and fun, get out while you can

honda

because
-its a honda
-higher resale value
-already going up
-good looks
-reliability
-glass rear window
-bigger trunk

OP if you get any used Miata get an NB, it's a direct upgrade from the NA ("mk1") and similarly priced.

a friend has a s2k, he is always complaining how vtec burns oil... is that true? should i worry about that?

S2000, it's better in every way than an NA

what does "nb" mean?

>-its a honda
Means absolutely nothing besides badgewhoring, especially when Mazda is easily the better make overall
>-higher resale value
Because the car itself costs more; it's going to depreciate way harder than a 3-5k Miata in terms of overall money lost
>-already going up
[citation needed]
>-good looks
Not arguing with that one
>-reliability
Miatas are known for being the most reliable sports car period, especially compared to an S2K
>-glass rear window
Aftermarket soft tops have these if it's really a big deal
>-bigger trunk
>buying a roadster for trunk space

OP ignore this guy, he has no idea what the fuck he's talking about.

Why would you compare these two? The s2000 is far better and costs 2-3x as much. If you want to make it at least remotely accurate, try an NB miata with a turbo or an engine swap

I think some model had a issue with this and honda did a recall.
But no, thats not normal

Second generation. NA is 1st, NC is 3rd, etc. If you really just want a convertible driver's car then go with a Miata, if you're willing to drop an extra 10-15k for more power then S2K.

I will warn you a lot of S2Ks, especially any under 15-20k have been beat to hell, abused and likely riced all over the engine.

>S2000
>depreciating

I don't think you are allowed to tell anyone they don't know what they're talking about.

My 2002 S2000 made me $1,000 after driving it 18k over 2.5 years. Bought with 40k on the clock for $16k, sold with 58k for $17k.

Used S2000s are so overpriced that if you can afford one, you might as well start looking at buying a new ND Miata. NA Miatas especially are great cars because they're so cheap for what they are. A $1200 NA6 with $10,000 worth of upgrades will be a hell of a lot faster and better handling than a $14,000 S2k, especially if you're doing the work yourself.

If I recall correctly from back when I was shopping, the S2000 has more trunk volume but a smaller trunk opening, so you can actually fit larger stuff in the Miata than the S2000.

Most NBs I've seen are several times the price of NAs in similar condition.

I'm glad you think your anecdotal evidence is relevant and representative of all local markets but you demonstrated you have no idea what you're talking about with objective claims you've made.

Honda

>A fast car
>Sporty, unique look
>Incredible sound for a 4 cyl, up to a 100 dB on stock
>Can be driven very fuel efficient
>You wont look like a faggot next to other cars
>Prices are only going up, you will only get more out of it the sooner you get it
>More space, I think
>You possess one of the most powerful engines ever made

Basically a manly version of a miata.

Though, I do think theyre overpriced but thats because its only getting more expensive each year. But your money should still be well spent.

You don't even own a car lol.

are you being serious?

comparing a £500 car and a £10k car?

Miata is poorfag's S2000.

Quality argument
You realize normies (the main sort of of sexually insecure manchild obsessed with whether cars are "gay" or not) don't even know the difference between the two cars

You mean a financially responsible person's car because there are infinitely better choices for the price of a used S2K, not so much Miatas

You what? Also, for the price difference between a Miata and an S2000 you can pay someone to swap in a 300 HP built K24.

>trying to convince others that the Miata isn't gay
Good luck.

>A fast car
Quick, not fast.
>Sporty, unique look
As said, most people can't even tell the difference
>Incredible sound for a 4 cyl, up to a 100 dB on stock
Subjective
>Can be driven very fuel efficient
It's somewhere between the same and worse as a Miata
>You wont look like a faggot next to other cars
The guy obsessing about his sexuality is the gayest of all
>Prices are only going up, you will only get more out of it the sooner you get it
It'll crash
>More space, I think
Quality informed argument
Confirmed fucking retard

>OP asks for opinions
>hurrr this are subjectaves!!
Fuck off retard.

s2000 is all around better, but is more expensive. Depends on how much money you have and how much you want to spend. Its becoming increasingly difficult to find s2000s with rebuilt engines too

The Miata will still be worth $2k no matter what motor you put in it lol.

Miatafags are the worst kind of people.

>cucks actually trying to justify why a shitty miata is better then a s2000

haha we get it, you bought some cheap ass POS miata and now trying to convince yourselves you made the right decision.

N/A 250ps 2 litres.

Others need to slap a turbo to achieve that.

Doesn't matter if you don't sell it. And you won't want to sell it because it's not a shitty overpriced honderp mememobile.

Yeah I'm sure your Miata with a different motor will go smoothly when registering it with the DMV.

Its nice to shitpost about my post instead of simply writing op the advantages of having a miata lil feggit

I rather have stock power than worry about the hassle and reliability of having a swapped engine

Fucking miaterfucks. Need to swap a shit engine, because the engine is simply shit right?
Or add more power because else you will never drive off these dicks out of your ass?

240 HP is far from being one of the most powerful engines ever made. And for $16k you can have a Miata with a 400 HP NA 2.5L Honda 4 cylinder rated for 100+ race hours. I wouldn't recommend it because then you haven't upgraded anything else on the car and your transmission is a time bomb, but in terms of power your money is much better spent on the Miata.

>comparing production engines vs modded engines

Plus your even admitting that honda builds the better engine

Im talking about stock production engines.
You know, the actual fucking car you pay for is basically this thing that drives you forward.

It's legal even in California. What's the problem?

Sure, that's an option. But swapping in the drivetrain of a vehicle that's equally reliable isn't really going to make anything less reliable.

I'd turbo the Miata engine instead of swapping. I just brought it up because S2000 fanboys are always derping about "muh NA horsepowers" and "muh OEM reliability."

But swapping drivetrains will make it less reliable

I love miatas, but s2k is a way better as a sports car. Miatas just usually cost have as much and are dirt cheap to run. If you can afford an s2k instead you wont regret it.

I don't see the problem. It's more powerful and will probably handle more track miles than a stock F20c. Especially one that's been abused for 100,000 miles.

Well, yeah. Honda engines are great. It's everything else that they suck at.

I can list off two dozen stock production vehicles more powerful than an S2000 without stopping to think. Starting with the Accord.

What makes a Honda diff and transmission in a Mazda less reliable than a Honda diff and transmission in a Honda?

>I can list off two dozen stock production vehicles more powerful than an S2000 without stopping to think. Starting with the Accord.

Show me the list senpai. I wanted to see for myself but am too lazy

There's no way you honestly think that it's difficult to come up with dozens of vehicles with more than 240 horsepower, which means you're just asking me to type out a bunch of model names to waste my time. I'll pass.

OP literally asked which car to buy and enjoy. Not which chassis to buy and slap a new engine on

lets look at this way user

240hp in car built for 240bhp

400bhp in a car built for 120bhp (or whatever crap it is)

The engine may last, the £400 mx-5 won't though.

the Miata isnt awesome
its actually a shit car

S2k

So answers are
>NA/NB Miata if you want to get the most for your money at any price point
>ND Miata if you want to spend a bunch of money to have a no-bullshit car to cruise around in

1 Liter = 120ps.
Together 240ps.

N/A. No turbo/supercharger attached.

Other engines need more liters or add turbo or whatever.
This was the benchmark for a few years and has been surely beat by now. But that doesnt mean that it remains one of the best.

>S2K apologists in full damage control.
How fucking insecure you have to be.
Get the miata and save the rest op.
Like every car out there is depreciating, don't fall for the "geting rare" meme.
The only rare thing about them is finding one in decent condition, unmodded, unmolested with a clean title that is not overpriced.
Finding a miata like that is equally rare the but not overpriced.

Miatas are overpriced as hell

if you pay over $2K youre getting shafted (which you probably like it if you buy one)

>The only rare thing about them is finding one in decent condition, unmodded, unmolested with a clean title that is not overpriced.

This literally just applies to ricer countries, or "racernations" as they like to be called.
Its unforgiving but US is sadly on that list.

I can find both miatas and S2k in perfect unmodded conditions. Most mods are illegal anyway here

So what exactly are you expecting to fail? Wheel bearings? Maintain your car and it won't be a problem.

What's the purpose of being displacement into the discussion other than turning it into a dickswinging contest? Having a lower displacement engine with the same peak power won't name your car any faster, if anything it will make it slower. The fact of the matter is that a V6 Honda Accord makes more power than a Honda S2000. The F20c is not "one of the most powerful engines ever made," not by a long shot.

>won't name your car
Make you car*

Have you had a car with a engine swap from a different make?

Nope, just in-manufacturer swaps. But It might as well have been a cross-make swap since I still had to fab motor and transmission mounts.

Then what the fuck makes an engine good?
Le hp?

the s2000 looks pigfat in comparison to the miata

Makes less than 160hp for 6000rpm

The lugnut per cupholder ratio of the car it came out of, obviously. But yes, if we're talking about what makes an engine good, power and packaging are the relevant factors.

>tfw the NC Miata actually makes more power than the S2000 all the way until it redlines

Out of curiosity, is the s2k also so easy to mod?
Does it like turbos? Does it work well with Vtec?

> awesome convertibles
> :3
Kill yourself

Yes, but there's not a whole lot of aftermarket for it other than a couple brands of coilovers and engine bolt ons. It actually turbos surprisingly well, though I don't really see why you'd care since the whole point of it is high revving NA horsepower. Most people who modify them actually disable VTEC and use the high performance cam profile all the time.

Why does the S2000 look so pigfat and disgusting?

High compression so detonates at low psi stock. If you reduce compression and fit a turbo it will have ZERO torque and then BOOM 300 hp to the left rear tire when vtec and turbo kick at the same time

You can't /thread your own post newfag

I bet you woudlnt look as cool in a miata

youtube.com/watch?v=7V6ZD7tCgPo

I was expecting notamiata embarrassing himself for half an hour and was pleasantly surprised to see someone that can actually drive without endangering everyone on the road. He shifts too much and turns in way too early though.

>turboing a honda

please no

Op ignore this guy he has no idea what the fuck he's talking about

Not on the s2000 no. The cars had no fucking issues what so ever.

It's on the 08-12 accords not s2000

Fuck off Miata fag stop trying to defend a Miata against the s2k.
>oh me gee this thread again
>let's bash Honda's sports car because it's a honda r..r..right g..guys?
>haha go slow piece of shit mazda

NC vs S2000 seems like a better comparison than NA or NB or ND. You can mod a NC 2.0l to around 225 bhp n/a which gives it a better power to weight ratio than the S2000.

here's my NC, not quite 225 but a good increase over stock

Your country sucks

well, you can buy about 3 great condition miatas for the price of 1 great condition s2k

s2k

Miata is a barbie car for homos

>Most mods are illegal anyway here
>land of the free

your mom sucks