/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

Razjna edition

Previous thread >INDIVISIBLE STUFF

>NEWS FEEDS
Skullgirls mobile announced
hiddenvariable.com/skullgirls/
Skullgirls 2nd Encore Upgrade is out! Comes with voiced story mode, challenges, trials and survival mode!
Official Website: indivisiblegame.com/index.php?page=0
Youtube: youtube.com/channel/UCSvJctUjDhlGS3jFwlhSB-g/feed?&ab_channel=IndivisibleRPG

>LATEST NEWS
Anime Expo Videos:
youtube.com/watch?v=eL_fpc8MYRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3couJh8tA0g

>SKULLGIRLS STUFF

BEFORE YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT INFINITE COMBOS, WATCH THIS: youtube.com/watch?v=iKsyy_RhN_4
>FOR NEW PLAYERS:
Combos to get you started: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/general-bnb-compendium.4072/
New to Fighting Games: pastebin.com/hnvQMbXz

Skullgirls Info: wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls
Steam Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/245170/guides/

>FAQ AND OTHER INFO:
FAQ: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/skullgirls-faq-updated-to-not-be-ancient.386/
Steam Chart: steamcharts.com/app/245170
/sgg/ album: mediafire.com/download/9b02vpj9vvot9x2/sgg album.zip

>FORUMS:
Official Skullgirls Forum: skullheart.com
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/SaltCrossPuns
For Australians: steamcommunity.com/groups/SGAUTZ
Skullheart IRC: client01.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=#skullgirls&server=irc.mizuumi.net '

>GAME UPDATES: (Game is done being updated but we can keep this I guess)
Live Patch Notes: steamcommunity.com/games/245170/announcements/
Beta Patch Notes: steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/

>OFFICIAL MERCH:
EightySixed: eightysixed.com/collections/skullgirls
Sanshee: sanshee.com/

>OFFICIAL STREAMS:
Lab Zero (Random), Salty! or Rebel Up (Fridays), Saturday Night Salt
skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?streams

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OYIM18ywObg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More sexy Razmi!

next stream when

Don't know. Might want to bug one of them on Twitter about it.

Yay! We're still alive!

Post less sluts

hoe tf does solo squigs even play neutral

What do you mean?

i end up standing around and getting hit because I can't figure how to approach or how to stop approaches

not that squigs is a hoe, that's a type.

Wait for button, Seria Center Stage -> SBO

get charges, stancel like a madwoman
Sing + SBO the random shit
Daisy Pusher the dumb shit
don't fuck up.

I typically approach with jump ins and retreat by getting something like a C.HK in

I love Beowulf!

Random question, who are the most and least played characters?

I'd wager that Band and Fukua are among the most played Painwheel and Robo are among the least

I can understand Robo being one of the least played, but what's the reason for Painwheel?

my money's on squigly, big band and eliza for most played

robo, peacock and painwheel for least

She's complicated and different. Nobody's putting in work to learn how the hell you're supposed to play her.

painwheel because of her unpopular aesthetic, harder inputs and complexity
peacock and robo because zoning isn't "cool"

>zoning isnt cool
>when there's big band and parasoul players everywhere

well big band and parasoul are cool zoners
fuck idk

That's saddening, but understandable.

Although, I though Squigly was one of the least used ones until the more recent tournaments/showings, but I haven't watched most of the more recent streams so I can't say too much about it.

I do wish they made her in-game sprite look cuter. One of the few characters that generally looks better in fan-art.

And can't you play Peacock without having to zone a lot? I haven't tried using her seriously yet, but I know she has a lot of zoning tools.

>big band
>zoning

>i do wish they made her in-game spite look cuter

but that's not the point of her character, don't be a waifufag

>peacock
>not zoning

Also Squigly's cool. Carol's hard af to play, at least for me, otherwise I'd give her another 5th shot. If Robo could play slightly better in disadvantage state, or had better assists or DHCs, she'd be played more but other characters just do some jobs of hers better without all the hassle.

there needs to be more EVA-01 painwheel players so I learning this wouldn't be so useless youtube.com/watch?v=OYIM18ywObg

How are you supposed to pick a character to play then? Based on how high up they are on the tier list? How large their bust is?

I personally just picked her since I thought her moveset was cool, and she was different to play than any character I've played before.

I was just wondering if that was a viable option or not. I honestly only have seen a few times where a Peacock player did not attempt to zone at all, but that didn't last for that long either.

And yeah, Robo isn't very strong in that regard. Most of the times I've seen her used successfully were when someone was winning the round. Hard to come back with her alone.

No you dense faggola, you pick a character by playing each and every one of them for a little bit, then you choose who you want to really play based on who gave you the most enjoyment. At least that's how I do it

the best way to first try out big band is mashing all of his invincible reversals against people until you finally beat someone with it

The best way to first try out Fukua is to slam your dick in the general direction of the jHK button until you finally beat someone with it

>slammin jHK
>not using inev struggle

>j.hk with your dick
what kind of vicegrip do you have to bend your dick that way

And that's what I did, and then I decided with sticking with her for the reasons I previously stated.

My initial statement was that it would be nice if her sprite looked more visually appealing.

her sprite's cool to me

fuck
why can't I record in a good quality

agreed. Some of the most interesting (and cringe inducing) frames in the game

Sprites like Painwheel's and Sekhmet are part of why I prefer Skullgirls' aesthetic over something like Arcana Heart or Vanguard Princess. Skullgirls just knows when to go full not-cute, in a "not even sorta trying to be cute" kinda way. It's closer to the Darkstalkers approach, which fits characters like Painwheel really well.

mas carol

Painwheel is supposed to look more of a human than something else. The tattered garments that she's wearing barely even qualifies as "clothing".
In the case of Sekhmet, he's not a human, so as a creature, almost anything goes.

Just my opinion, so I really won't argue as to if her character design is good or not. I just personally don't like it as much as I wish I could have.

Also, I don't mind almost any of the character designs in Vampire Savior, as the humanoid characters aren't altered to the point where it could be distinguished as something else. And I haven't played Arcana Heart or Vanguard Princess before, so I can't comment on those.

You think she based some of Valleywheel from personal experience?
Some lines just sound so perfect.

I think Painwheel is very noticeably human. Moreso than other classic freak characters like Blanka/Voldo/Necro/etc.
She has a very normal body shape compared to the other Skullgirls characters, and mask/blades look noticeably augmented.
She doesn't look like a born freak. She even keeps her natural skin and hair color.

Physically, she honestly looks more human than Peacock does. Some people don't even know Peacock is human until they learn her backstory.
They just think she jumped out of the TV or something.

VSav-wise, I think of Painwheel as like a tiny Victor that kinda contorts like Zabel. Her body doesn't morph nearly as much as those two, but the goals in the animations are similar. Brutal, flashy, and sometimes unsettling, but not cute. Very appropriate for a rage-filled character wielding an unconventional weapon.

When her mouth contorts during her win screen, it does not, to me at least. For the "classic freak characters", those ones look more recognizable in terms of what they could be, rather than what they actually are/could actually be.

Yes, she does look more of human than Peacock, but to someone who hasn't played the game before, it'd be easier to assume that she could have jumped out of a TV because of the lore or whatever story-related things may have happened, rather than assume that she was/is actually human.

That's actually a decent comparison, albeit some of the cast can be described similarly (based off of their initial appearance, due to the theme of the game). If her mask was similar to that of Ileum's though, for example, it'd be easier to assume that she was/is a human from an initial glance. I honestly don't know how to describe Painwheel's one as, and in Ileum's case, I know what it is, so at least that can be associated with a human-like aspect, if you ignore the rest of her body, of course.

more uniforms

Play KoF.

Hey, you, play KoF.

Slow day ahead

Hopefully we'll get a stream or an Update this week.

BackerKit's still gotta go out, and Hidden Variable's gotta get that Mobile Beta ready.
Hopefully that stuff can happen this month.

man, no one's spamming skullgirls shit in /fgg/, what the fuck do you want?

bump

at least his taste in KoF characters is improving.

anyone kof98 on fightcade?

Sorry man I'd play but I don't wanna catch bad habits getting into 14!!

Millennium Battle's the only one I got really into and that was years ago.

Jesus fucking christ mods, please, we don't deserve this

???

Yo what the fucks going on here
That's not LZ

Yes it is? ugh don't have me re explain myself

This faggot still hasn't been banned yet, all he does is post kof shit, hell, even /fgg/ hates him

Please save us the effort and kill yourself

What the hell dude

lab zero and mike z have been inspired by SNK's games for both skullgirls and indivisible and you can see it in the character design as well as the gameplay.

forgot pic

mods plz

I can't believe it.

these people think im lying so theyre calling mods to ban me

No you ignoramic fuckhead, we're calling mods on you for spamming off-topic shit, spamming "plz play my game and stop playing ur shitty ass game plz"

>ignoramic
it's ignoramus

I know that, i needed to create a new adjective just for your stupid ass

Instead of becoming defensive while posting offtopic waifus, you should project those emotions into something productive.

I recommend signing up for some Skullgirls online tournaments, start training for SG and KOF,
and then register for both games at CEOtaku this Fall.

Then you'll have better knowledge of both games, be better equipped for thoughtful gameplay discussion,
and improve your chances of winning a prize from the event,
You'll also make more friends that you can play with so you won't have to beg.

And since you're a big fan of Mike Z, you might even get to talk to him in person and ask him questions

Shit ain't out yet, man. If I play XIII, I'm going to be working on HD cancels and shit. 14 don't have that. And tell them to fix shit like this.

Also I dunno, Skullgirls is a bit mediocre imo.

Then why the fuck are you here retard?