/edfg/ - Earth Defense Force General

>go here for weapons list, english version is in dropdown at top and button at bottom switches table to show availability by level and difficulty
weapon.edf.jpn.com/4-1/?p=r

>EDF 4.1 is out on Steam now! Sweet playable framerates even when the entire screen is filled with enemies. If you missed the sale you're already square.
store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/410320/

>Discord
discord.gg/Zf4dKwC

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/?a64y36sss4671h4
mediafire.com/download/hgs293sn81dn52k/EDF_XMBMenu.mp3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Post your contribution to the EDF

Now that the game is fresh again I think we should band together to create some challenge runs in the vein of Dark Souls and whatnot. Class, weapon, and mission challenges to keep the game fresh and fun for a while. Armor adjustments do exists, so a challenge of very little armor but OP weapons could be fun.

Multi already pretty heavily restricts what armor/weapons you can bring. Honestly I think I'm going to tire of the game long before I hit full completion so challenge runs aren't going to be a thing I do

What's a good farming level for Wing Diver on inferno?

Any level you can handle consistently, the higher the better. Do Inferno 2 for baseline weapons (level 30-40 or so) if you don't have any already.

Nothing wrong with campness.

That said the Japanese VA's alright. Only voice that stands out for the wrong reasons is the younger wing diver who occasionally pipes up.

Really need to play with English at some point, main thing that stopped me first time is I like the cool cadence of the Japanese menu voice but not the English one, who seems shrill. In-mission may be a different story.

But it would definitely feel wrong with someone else voicing Whale bro.

>start mission with totally wrong loadaout because we didnt know what to expect
>everyones dead execept that one guy
>guy thinks he can finish it alone and doesnt revive anyone
>rage quits when we go back to lobby to change gear

Such is life in the EDF.

Got an Idunn E? Yes? Good. Equip 2 of them.

Get into Charge 2 and blast your way through the front tunnel on the right and turn left then straight forward into the terminus. Hole up and keep shooting. Right-most side the wall gives you cover. Alternate your Idunns as they're charging, your downtime on shooting wants to be less than a second.

Alternatively Eclat 30 or, preferably, Thunder Sniper 40 as your second weapon. Tunnel clearing shotguns for a reasonable amount of energy.

I thought the Tempest and Coastal Missiles were launched from Despina?

They are. Don't know if the Tempest S1A is different for whatever reason because I don't have it.

>clip through the ground
>fall through an empty grey void for a few seconds before landing in the same spot I fell
Huh.

what's the point of blowing up all the ships, robots and shit? all the pollution would kill the earth anyways

The EDF doesn't let silly things like giant insects, aliens or pollution get in the way of survival. I wouldn't think to hard about it.

Though maybe after destroying the brain they reverse engineer the wreckage to build and fly a ship full of Fuck You to the ravager planet, Pacific Rim style? I could dig that for a sequel, though it wouldn't be much of an earth defense force if we're not on earth, and we're also the invaders.

so what's up with the giant dragons and their invisible fire? it's kinda bullshit

Whats the difference between the AirRaider's red and blue walls?

Don't be stupid.

The ultimate Earth Defense tactic is to bring the fight to the enemy and end them once and for all!

IF THERE IS NOTHING MORE TO DEFEND AGAINST, THEN VICTORY IS OURS!

>The best and most versatile Vegalta
>Part of the wrong loadout

How did you fuck that up?

>almost finish mission
>tank runs me over and I die
EDF EDF EDF EDF!

Read the weapon descriptions and see what they d? It's not like the color of the Idunn laser matters much either

Tempest S1A is sent by the Whale. I thought the same thing when it reloaded and it was Whales comms coming through instead of the Despina.

I believe Red is an offensive Wall and Blue is a defensive wall.

What mission allows me to get the Idunn-E Custom the easiest? I have the Grom SS if that helps.

user I don't think this is possible

Every time I try to go over there it's instant point blank spider bukake unless I stop to try and kill them, in which case instant point blank spider/ant bukake from behind. I'm getting one shotted even with 700 armor.

Anyone like to leave one harmless enemy alive and explore? Had some ol' Roys deactivated and explored around the village. Looking around the towns is actually pretty comfy.

I used to farm the mission Void Ship in 2025 by flying on top of the dropships and raining Ghost Chaser missiles down on the helpless bugs. 4.1 added hornets on that mission so I don't know if that strategy is still viable.

>City of horrors
>Decide to look around the city after my men die fight fucking dragons as Air Raider.
>Being the only man left alive an a mostly intact city.

It wasn't comfy at all. It was just lonely.

I guess it just reminds me of an old favorite.

>dragons in an alien game
what the fuck?

The pinnacle of evolution, the evolved form of giant insects

>This is Ohara
>These dragons must be the final evolution of the GIANT INSECTS

> Aliens can't own dragons

Dude it's 2016.

Some one should do a supercut of all of Oharas dialogue. Most of it is gold.

>We are being attacked by Giant Insects!
>Attack the Giant Insects
is this.... true dialogue?

So what are the basis?

ants->winged ants(?)->bees->dragons?
spiders->retiarii(?)

ants-> red ants -> winged ants -> bees -> dragons

Giant insects that can't fly -> giant insects that fly

>farming Inferno Crimson
>down to one ant
>picking up crates
>ant catches me and starts chewing on me

FUCK

>doing mission 14 on inferno for Idunn E Custom
>2 hectors left
>one shots me at 275 hp
fucking K E K this game

Wouldn't it be simpler to farm whatever that one mission in the mountains with a few shieldbearers and a couple of nests?

You just gotta leave the shieldbearer alive since it quite literally can't harm you.

anything would oneshot you at 275hp mate

As a Wing Diver, is there any use to the Special Weapons? such as Heaven's Gate 10 or anything better than that.

The special weapons are almost totally worthless, and in pretty much every situation you are better off bringing another gun instead.

The ones that fire off shots in random directions can be okay for tunnels, since it will hit bugs all around it, but if a bug bumps into the sphere while its floating the fucking thing vanishes and starts reloading. The ones that fire lasers downwards are trash. The only one Ive found kind of useful is the one that shoots constant lightning bolts downwards, because it has such a large AOE and can hit tons of bugs at once. But even then its kinda crappy, even the high level versions.

If they do another EDF they need to get their shit together and make everything have a good use, and a proper purpose thats actually useful. Way too mnay worthless "joke" weapons, or things that are totally pointless.

>hur dur, like 50 different charon bomber attacks

Heaven's Gate stunlocks anything that wanders into it, works good for chokepoints. Pandora is slightly iffy, I find that it works well for broad damage dealing or tunnel coverage. Major downside is that if an enemy directly touches the orbs, they disappear. You need to have a good grasp of where to throw it, as well as how long it will take to fire. Personally, Heaven's Gate 10 with a full-charged throw straight up can give you about 25-30 seconds of area denial if you need to recharge your energy with a swarm of ants headed towards you, but beyond that, sums it up better.

>It's just a meteor....I was wrong.

So they literally have no use, Because if they are
>okay for tunnels
The Thunder bows are better at that since they shoot like 20, 30, or 40 bullets a time, no?

About 10 levels away from finishing Ranger campaign and decided to play earlier Wing Diver. It feels like I'm playing a completely different game (in a good way). If I want to keep progressing in this way class by class, what would you recommend from start to finish?

Ranger -> Wing Diver -> Air Raider -> Fencer ?

Fencer DEFINITELY last, the slowest class and I feel that it would take a while to gear him up.

Ranger -> Fencer -> Wing Diver -> Air Raider

After figuring out the Wing Divers, I just can't deal with the rest of them. They're just too slow!

>oh boy i unlocked a flame thrower
>doesnt set things on fire and do lingering flame damage
>cant set the ground on fire to provide a large damaging AOE that bugs wander through

>the slowest class
he doesn't know

Flamethrower are useless until napalm. Napalm is fucking insane.

Nigger he goes full Armored Core 4 with the right loadout, shits insane.

Gotta get the ones on the Vegalta. They roast everything,

When do you get napalm and on what class?

Ranger, You can get a lvl 2 napalm grenade launcher somewhere, but there are higher levels elsewhere.

>Fencer
>the slowest class
Sarch for dash cancel in yt, negro.

You get them about mid game on hard with more towards the end.

>played edf so much in the past few days that I had a dream i was IN the edf
can post deets if anyone wants

I don't want your "deets". I want your battle report so we can see if you've paid your dues to planet earth

Sure do it. I've had random guitar riffs play in my head while waiting to fall asleep from this game.

I currently have KI's Tusk theme in my head now. Fuck that's a good soundtrack.

>mfw discover dash cancel without knowing what it was

Okay

I;'m trying to complete Death Queen Hardest as Ranger with UMAX grenade and VOlcanic Napalm, am I doing it wrong?

Going through the voice files as we speak. Hard to find story dialogue, most of it is Porters and random EDF troop chatter

I like the troop chatter. Can you put those in a separate file?

Has anyone that's gotten all the trophies/achievements for EDF 4.1 on PS4 ever said how long it took them?

People cleared 2025 on the PS3 and on the PS4.

Theres an INSANE amount of repetitive shit to do.

>have to clear all missions
>with all classes
>in easy, normal, hard, hardest, inferno
>online AND offline, since they are seperate

Not saying I'd do it. Just wondering. People have obtained it so someone who's gotten it must have posted about it.

Looked it up. Looks like someone solod it with two controllers hooked up in splitscreen and it took him around 504 hours to get them all.

Is online really not necessary?

what does a wing diver's armor smell like? just asking haha

flying around must make them pretty sweaty and stinky right? haha

>implying superior airflow doesn't cool them off
>implying they don't smell of lasers and fried bugs
>implying you wouldn't want them to land on your shoulders and squeeze your face with their thighs so you can inhale the sexual excitement they get from killing xenos

When the bug invasion happens next year would you help take up the cause?

Wingdiver

Sure, I'll get back to you in a year after I've sorted through the 23000 voice files

I'm the dude who posted and while I didn't get 100% on 4.1, I did on 2025. IIRC the playtime was 280h, however that does include idling at the menu. It took quicker than it should have because my gf loves edf too so we co-oped Inferno.

Also, here is the soundtracks I promised in the last thread guys. Includes EDF 2, 2017, 2025 and IA.

mediafire.com/?a64y36sss4671h4

I'd rather just be a pog in some wing diver unit.

There are co-op specific achievements but not online-specific, so no online play is not necessary for 100%

Okay, so I guess DLC and online bonus missions don't matter?

Alright then, here goes, long as fuck
>I wake up in a shitty bunk to the sounds of alarms blaring into my ears and the groans of confused soldiers also being wokeen
>RED ALERT. RED ALERT. ALL UNITS BATTLE READY AND TO YOUR TEAMS RESPECTIVE HANGARS. THIS IS NOT A DRILL.
>Wake the fuck up, leaping into my BDU's and lacing up my boots, sliding the bayonet under my mattress into the side.
>Gunny in the hallways SCREAMING ANGRILY MAGGOTS
>join the flood of comrades dashing down toarmory at the end of the hallway
>plexiglass lockers with handprint ID scanners contain my equipment
>satisfying beep as my handprint is accepted. I suit up in green battle armor and grab some AR series rifle and a Stinger rocket launcher. Both magnetically snap to my back
>magic ammo belt goes around my waist
>sprint out the door and into this vast, underground hangar
>it's some shit like out of pacific rim, Balams up against the walls and all other sorts of assorted Air Raider vehicles all over the damn place
>Some Grapes are lined up a short distance between where I exited, many other armory exits have soldiers streaming out and headin towards the grapes
>load up in one marked with ODIN on the side
>Rest of my squad gets in and the hatch seals, engine roars to life and with a lurch we're off
>ALRIGHT MEN, TODAY IS THE DAY YOU ALL LIVE FOR
>GIANT INSECTS ARE TEARING THE NEARBY CITY TO SHREDS! HELPLESS CIVILIANS ARE DYING. MAKE THOSE FUCKING BUGS PAY FOR THE LIVES THEY DARED TO TAKE
>The grape starts to shudder as it opens fire
>it's not stopping shooting holy shit how many are there
>PREPARE TO DISMOUNT
>Grape does a fucking Ebrake slide as the hatch drops
>greeted with the sight of a big city holding a gigantic swarm of ants in the ,tearing people apart.
>me and about 10 others leap out of the grape, my assault rifle comes off my back and the satisfying CHK CHKs of our rifles accompanies the chorus of EDF! EDF! As we barrel towards the enemy
Cont?

Thanks for the tunes dude!

stop

Thanks for the OSTs mang.

Someone upload to MEGA. Mediafire is being shit for me and the link will probably be taken down for copyright.

>carry two shitty wingdivers through like 5 really tough missions in the level 50 range
>they keep dying repeatedly by rushing ahead alone, even though they have like 2000HP each and should know better by now?
>they eventually both leave without saying anything after carrying them and reviving them non-stop

I bet they just farmed on easy to get all the HP, or cheat engined it in. They obviously didnt know what the fuck they were doing while playing.

Does that include the PS3 home screen music for 2025?

I'm not aware of what that sounds like.
I had 2025 on the 360

mediafire.com/download/hgs293sn81dn52k/EDF_XMBMenu.mp3
This is a shitty version I recorded a long time ago, not worth including if you were going to.

>tfw Air Raider online
>spawn a higher-tier BMX10 Proteus
>everyone hops in
Chicks dig giant robots

Just sounds like a slightly different version of the menu theme.

The normal 2025 menu theme is in there.
It's definitely not different enough to warrant including I think.

the song itself is totally worth including, just not my shitty recording

English Whale bro is pretty gr8 too though.

HELLO, THIS IS RAVAGER RESEARCHER O'HARA

I'D LIKE TO GIVE SOME ADVICE TO THE TROOPS

THE GIANT INSECT HAVE EVOLVED

GOOD LUCK

>fire flame geyser at knocked out teammate

>unconcious body gets launched into the air flying around like an out of control rocket

>shoot ally with double barrel shotgun
>kill them from half HP and send them flying to the other side of the map

Post some fucking Webms you nincompoop's

wow ded already

What loadout are people usually using on a Fencer other than the dash canceling combo?
NC10X cannons?