Eve Online General - /eog/

Join All-Out Edition

old thread permalink: orph.link/eog

>Can I make enough ISK to PLEX during the trial?
If you have to ask, you can't do it.

>I just started, what should I do?
Do the Opportunities then find the Career Agents & run all of their missions; they give you ISK, ships, skillbooks and teach you basics. Talk to players and try to find a corp. The game is only as boring as you are.

>Is it too late to start playing EVE?
No.

>Read the /eog/ pastebin: pastebin.com/ser9Acpg

>Focus Group Logs: focusgrouplogs.tech.ccp.is/

Future:
>Winter: drilling platforms
>Oct 28: Eve Vegas
>Sep 12: CSM 11 first summit
>Fall: industrial arrays, barge visuals, AOE BOOST/LINK REWORK, Rorqual rework
>Aug 09: Citadel contracts, damage/repping visuals, DX11 clouds performance boost, cargo notifications

Past:
>Jul 26: AT prizes: covops cruor and covops armor logi ashimmu
>Jul 23: Goons moving to Delve, SMA alliance closes
>Jul 19: Broski enters QFC, Rote super salty
>Jul 18: Billboards submissions open
>Jul 07: AT 14 rule changes: 10 players, no cap-transfer, no jumpdessies, blood raider ships encouraged
>Jun 29: "Shadow of the Serpent" event begins (shittiest one of the 3 so far), serp capitals introduced
>Jun 28: Citadel trading, tactical overlay vectors, new implants, legal drugs, NSA nerfs, triage/seige/bastion give ECM immunity, mass fitting tool
>Jun 23: RIP sp dailies
>May 31: RIP old camera, new multi-use analyzers introduced
>May 30: RIP Dust 514 (long live Project Nova)
>May 12: Name ships automatically with a saved fit name
>May 06: Eve Online 13th Anniversary
>Apr 27: Citadels & cap rebalance released. Tears, bugs, etc. RIP rolling yachts.
>Apr 21: community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/csm-11-election-results/
>Mar 09: Massive mod tiercides that broke a lot of fits.
>Feb 09: SP trading
>Foozie makes a bunch of stupid pointless changes (don't ever remove this from the OP, because it is always true)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.whitestagexitbag.org/doku.php/public/guides/wormhole-gas
greedygoblin.blogspot.com/2015/12/guide-mining-without-ganking-losses.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ecm is fine

>Future:
>fucking nothing
>no svipul nerf ever
>t3cs are just fine
>eve vegas guys!

can i join all out even tho im just afk mining 99% of the time?

>he isn't gas mining 99% of the time

how does that shit work ? i never saw gas anywhere and im not playing for long yet

they're cosmic signatures, you have to probe them. maybe look up a guide

yes but only if you're bait mining in a procurer in our wormhole chain and on comms. we have a fit you can use that's nice and tanky and will probably give you most of the loot of any kills that happen. all you have to do when you get dropped is hold tackle and yell/ping for backup. you can keep the ore or probably sell it to buyback or to saronto to build his nag.

if this doesn't sound like something you want to do, go to doomed or vbros and talk to Ragnar or Killar Monk something, I think someone was wanting to set up a mining colony.

wiki.whitestagexitbag.org/doku.php/public/guides/wormhole-gas

is moon income viable if you don't have access to r64's

I approve of this guide, but remember there is non-wormhole gas as well, which is probably more consistently accessible. the different sites have their own rules though, it's not just lol 15 minute timer

>guise you shouldn't be flying your Hyperion how you want it has to be in a blob there's no other way I will report you for this

Let the nigga solo in his battleship if he wants you scrublord.

literally never said anything like that

>you should be in a small gang at least,

>literally never said anything like that

what else should i use? i have 3 medium drones ( all i can use atm) and 4 civil mining drones atm

>small gang
>blob

solo bs is retarded, I should know I do it often enough

Don't use mining drones, waste of bandwidth
Use light drones to deal with rats instead

use 2 sets of light drones

btw put modules in your other slots, and fit rigs and shit

procurer master race desu

you'll want a procurer for the tank so code fags don't gank you

Mining Permit.

Suzie, if you fly a coveter people are going to try and bully you you want to swap to a procurer and use tank. I bully coveters because they're easy to kill but nobody bothers trying it on a procurer

>mining

this

>not gas mining

im usually in high sec space because im sometimes not even in my house while i mine

i guess that makes sense the mining drones dont do anything useful anyways
p-pls no bully

That won't stop people bullying you

>im usually in high sec

yeah, procurer and then skiff

It doesn't matter where you mine, flying a coveter is asking to be suicide ganked. Read up on what code do or you're going to have a bad time.

>hisec
greedygoblin.blogspot.com/2015/12/guide-mining-without-ganking-losses.html

>I got 1 bil and I'm starting market trading

Wish me luck /eog/

no shit
i know happened already a few times i keep my shit insured and w/e desu even without insurance i wouldnt lose money so i dont really care desu

good luck anonymous

pls don't jew the stuff I use

That's a shit attitude. You will always have losses but you should still protect your investments. Having a load of stupid losses on your killboard will just encourage people to give you more of a hard time later on.

thats true and i didnt get killed a single time so far because it was only fuckheads that tried to flee after getting a bit counterfire by our drones (we usually mine in a 4 people group all the same shit with drones) but i dont care too much as long as i have profit at the end of the day

>You will never be a poorfag newbro and go on a gas mining adventure with your poorfag newbro m8s

>automatic payments if you have subscribed once
>it isnt shown anywhere when you subscribe, the 'option' is activated by default, you have to cancel your subscription manually
>b-b-but its in the tos
>microsoft used to do the same for Xbox Live until they got enough complaints about it

truly thats how you recognize terrible companies who make terrible products

I sent an email full of insults, feels good, it cost me 40 eurodollars after all

>ccp's face when reading some aspie's retarded email complaining about nothing

fuck off all mmo's do this shit and its easy to find the cancel button

>CCP's face when a single account unsubs in "20 alts to do anything online"

caw

dont worry I would never use sneaky underhanded market tactics

you're battleship is cute

>t1 battleships

Pleb tier lmfao

how does icelandic cock tastes guys tell me

>tfw alone in local in hisec
ded geim

>tfw alone in local in lowsec
comfy

bump

The game really is shit these days, it's 1/3rd Russians, Redditors and retards from here. Dead game

t. 2006 oldboy

>>automatic payments if you have subscribed once
every mmo has this and its super easy to cancel

thats bait

yeh dude it was so much better when it was 1/3 russians, something awful faggots and retards from here

>non-T1 ships

bait beyond comprehension. you're not gonna sit there and tell me that you would prefer to fly a vexor over an ishtar,

>ishtar
Just fly the VNI you dumb nigger literally go do a medium or large complex and you get a VNI for it, 20 minutes of work and a vexor with chip.

>tfw your corp members get destroyed by concord because they forgot to check the sec status while SB roaming

>ishtar

Is using a Covetor virtally guaranteed to get me fucking ganked, even if i stay in quiet dead-end systems? Everything i read seems to suggest 'yes'.

Meanwhile a Retriever or Procurer with even a little bit of tank fit should be safe?

yes

Procs are cheaper, go to warp faster, and can have battleship ehp. I'd only use a covetor or retriever in a mining fleet with 5 t2 drones each.

Ok, thanks.
What's the minimum amount of EHP i should aim for to ensure gankers will look for other targets? I guess one answer would simply be 'never be the barge with the least EHP in the system'

why won't you accept my app, all-out

You probably don't have TP 5.

>war starts
>stop logging in because I don't want to get dragged into flying in fleets

I'm the worst.

yes

[Procurer, ICE]

Damage Control II
Ice Harvester Upgrade II

Thermal Dissipation Amplifier II
Kinetic Deflection Amplifier II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II

Ice Harvester II

Medium Ice Harvester Accelerator I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Covetor and Hulk will be ganked 100% regardless of tank.
Retriever and Mackinaw may survive if properly tanked and are in high enough security.
Procurer and Skiff have a very low chance of being ganked even if moderately tanked.

I dualbox two catalysts with 750 DPS each.
In pre-pulled 0.5 system Concord reaction time is 24 seconds.
So, I can dish out about 36K damage before Concord shuts me down.
If your EHP is more than 32K vs therm+kinetic, I will not touch you.
P.S. Yes, I scan my targets before ganking, so I will know your EHP before I commit to gank.

Are you just afraid of PVP?

Blops is such cancer, thirty bombers bridge in, torp thana, bridge out. Its almost not even fun how easy it is.

This post brings up another point. If you aren't AFK then you can tell when someone is setting up to gank, and you can act appropriately.

Outskilled, maybe you shouldn't be ratting in a carrier you fucking shitter.

Maybe they just drag him into F1 monkey shit, thats the worst.

I don't rat or fly caps because thats for faggots. Only this high skill TP Torp manticore.

>losing a ratting carrier

Completely untanked Procurer has 32'583 EHP in EFT @ all 5, with 50/50 therm/kin damage profile.
Does this sound reasonable?

But i might as well put a tank in the mids, literally what the fuck else would i put there...

I just really hate flying in fleets. Fleets are mandatory right now if its your timezone but I hate playing EVE when I feel like I have to play it so I just haven't been logging in. You wouldn't be wrong in assuming I don't care for PvP though.

It is, I'm logi though so i guess its slightly more engaging. I just don't like being told what to do mostly though. I hate feeling like I'm just a member for the alliance to use to fill ranks. Its like I'm wasting my time because I'm not even playing EVE.

> But i might as well put a tank in the mids, literally what the fuck else would i put there...

exactly :)

Sometimes I fit ship scanner on my scout Procurer...

i mean lets be serious, not every ganker is good at it. I've done a bit of ganking myself so i know the drill.

but you are a member of the alliance used just to fill the ranks
also a selfish carebear

This is true, I should leave desu.

You should reevaluate why you play

Imagine if ship stats reflected the technology used in them. Minmatar would quite literally be trash.

Gallente are allies to the Minmatar so it isn't that big of a stretch to assume that they passed on some of their tech to Minmatar scientists. It would be really interesting though if the four factions had a big war and every one of them progressed by a huge leap in technology while the Minmatar stayed relatively the same because their research and tech is bad.

But the Minmatar have a tribe literally obsessed with and dedicated to advanced technology.

when should i use warriors and when should i use hobgoblins

Use warriors when you need your drones to get to your target fast or when you know that they have an explosive weakness. Use hobgoblins when you want to do more damage and know they have a bit more time to get to your target.

thanks

for PVE?
I made this chart

Why is PVE only about afk droning? What are some of sub pirate ships T1/T2 ships that don't invole drones as main source of DPS and are still viable to PVE with?

I am specifically interested in Amarr ships.

Another question: are Noctis ganked frequently? This was never a problem for me 2 years ago, and i used to loot my lvl4 missions in fairly congested systems. But even just the hull is 70+m and tractor beam 2s are 2.8+ each, this looks like a thicc gank target?

>Why is PVE only about afk droning

because this game is shit. Devs don't give a shit about improving gameplay. They are absolutely still stuck with the "players create their own content" meme.

A sandbox filled with shit instead of sand is not a good sandbox.

>Why is PVE only about afk droning?
Do incursions.

thanks, it's going right into my bio!

>Why is PVE only about afk droning?
They don't use ammunition, they hit under their size and they don't care how far the enemy is.

>What are some of sub pirate ships T1/T2 ships that don't invole drones as main source of DPS and are still viable to PVE with?
If you really insist, use a raven.

>I am specifically interested in Amarr ships.
Lolno.
Armageddon for neuting people, abaddon for memes, apocalypse for nothing at all.

x hard tackle

can i have some sauce

>Veeky Forums has tools for sauce
>GUY PLS SAUCE IM DUMB :(

>not aligned
>no intel channel
>no local awareness
ratting in caps while being a retard will fuck you up eventually