/evn/ - English Visual Novels

Yuri Forever Edition

Do you have a question about a Japanese visual novel or a translation of it?
/vn/ is ready to answer it. We are not them.

>Developer Resources, Getting Started:
pastebin.com/7LsCvtq3

>Recommended Reading:
vndb.org/v/all?q=;fil=olang-en.tagspoil-0;o=d;s=rating
pastebin.com/zGVSpH0B

>For Developers. Huge collection of guides on everything:
lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewforum.php?f=42

>Ren'Py Download:
renpy.org/

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=37305&start=15
lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=39681
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How do we stop yuri?

Christmas already?

Absolutely haram.

You don't. You accept it.

Sekai Project has had at least 2 staff members quit or be fired in the last few days. The CEO said he's existing the market in an outburst on twitter. What's going on?

>wanting to stop it

>existing the market
What does this mean?

I would rather those girls accept dick.

Make yaoi the new meme.

*exiting the market

He also said he never wanted to get into the vn market to begin with.

He can't wait to exit the market was what was said. If you've ever worked with the Japanese, you'd learn that they take this sort of thing very harshly. Seriously serious business people, the Japanese. Those outbursts probably screwed him over hard.

Are they even going to notice it?

If you don't exist the market , the ontological value of your VN will tend to 0.
Unless you are a phenomenologist; then you are allowed to apply epoché and suspend judgment about the natural world to instead focus on analysis of experience.

>Americans can't properly conduct themselves in business.
Embarrassing.

Does he mean quitting translations, publishing EVNs, or both? If both, what exactly did he originally want to do with Sekai Project?

This is for you. You know who you are.

I wouldn't be surprised if it managed to filter up.

RIP "don't know" user.

Why do westerners say "I'm sorry" for things that don't necessarily affect them?

It's just the considerate thing to do and shows that you care.

Explain further senpai.

feigning sympathy is in everyone's best interest

But what do you do when they start asking for favors when they think you care?

lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=37305&start=15

Check how infel replies.

It is a saying to let people know that you are sad something bad happened to them. In that context you are not personally apologizing or insinuating that you were at fault.

>all those projects
>none are complete
10/10

"I'm sorry" is meant to be a more personal "that sucks."

Maybe I'm crazy, but some people actually have empathy and would prefer if things went right for other people.
Not that they would cry if not, but hey.

Are you glad you didn't donate to her kickstarter?

I apologize

You apologize and admit you feigned sympathy?

I'm mad it even succeeded in the first place.

Seconding user who says "I'm sorry" = "that sucks".

I've been called out on this a lot myself

Them: Something shitty happened to me
Me: Oh no! I'm so sorry!
Them: ...Why? It's not your fault?

I think it's a holdover from my childhood when bad things happened to parents/teachers and they made sure I felt sorry whether I wanted to or not

Maybe it'll get finished this time. Is her track record the main reason you're ticked off? I tried to warn /u/, but nobody replied to my post, so I'm guessing they didn't listen.

How lonely do you have to be to go on twitter and spill your shit like that to everyone?

If you literally have no friends to vent to, you can just come on /v/ or some shit and start spewing all the garbage you want about your company and your broken goals. Noone will take user seriously, and you don't get your dumb ass in trouble looking like you have no impulse control.

That's retarded. It's just another way people use the word sorry. It's a courtesy, and can display a lot more sincerity than "Wow, that sucks". Blame then for not understanding the English language.

This. It works and it's also pretty fun to derail a evn thread into a shit flinging mess just because you are having a bad day.

Who will give HRP undeserved press now that its publisher is burning all its bridges in the community?

Burn the bridges with fyre.

Actually, I have their demo sitting right here. Should I give it a go?

Don't worry, they've always got their pot of retards who signed away 30% of their revenue for them to tap into to use as marketing bait.

You want to see some shitty weeb writing and inconsistent art? Go for it bud.

It was boring and badly paced but go ahead. They said they were working on improving its pacing for the final release though.

It's not as bad as people will have you believe, but it has some pacing issues.

If you wanted to see what their "higher standard" VN looked like, go ahead.

hi chris

hi JP

hi Tao

Shut up Mao

Why were people mad about Deji's kickstarter for Caramel Mokaccino? The goal seemed a bit high and I'm a bit worried about feature creep from the stretch goals, but hopefully the game will come out at some point. Deji is know for being pretty slow though, so it probably won't come out on schedule.

No.
Who is this Mao you talk about?

because she was charging commission rates for her own project

>he doesn't know who Mao is
look at this newfag and laugh

Because she was pretty vocal HOW MUCH she just WANTED to add more things to the game but she couldn't because of the money - when realistically speaking, if she wanted them so badly, she could have just lowered her own pay. In fact, she ended up doing just that for the last stretch goal.

A girl's gotta eat steak at an expensive restaurant.

Because the game has been in development for years with no progress and they were adding extra features like it was going out of style.

I'm sure over $27,000 USD can only mean good things for the project and the free yuri vn they offered along with it.

Surely the game will be the goty in 2050, when it finally comes out.

How to become a caring member of LSF?

Tell people they should reach for the stars even if it's unrealistic, tell them they're being unrealistic, tell them they're not offering people enough pay, and try to get them to start by working for exposure.

Share your knowledge.

So guys, what steps should I take to make a contract with my artist (who's already on board)?

Make a "Flake-Out Clause"

you get them to sign a contact forbidding them from working with anyone else, a la winged cloud/alienworks.

Explain.

In case of personal problems that would require a long time off, or is would render you completely unproductive, please notify me right away.

If they leave, you still have the right to use what art they already created. You still have to pay them for what they completed though.

Ah got it, to prevent any mishaps like that Fetish farm game.

This is what I made my artist agree to:

- Excellent communication
I understand considering the timezone differences responses will be delayed, but whilst working on a commission I expect
consistent updates from you, and that if something happens that will affect your ability to respond in a timely manner,
you will inform me of this in advance as soon as you can.

- Commitment
This project will be a lengthy process and it involves a lot of work. You must be willing to be in this for the long haul, and not
suddenly drop the project if things get hard. You must have dedication to your work, and want to finish the job I'm hiring you for.

- Able to meet deadlines
You currently have -insert deadline here-.
There will be no flexibility in this date. I must have the final artwork by then, otherwise it will delay the release of the entire project.

- A good attitude
As we will be working together for an extended period, it is important that as well as being able to deliver artwork on time
you are able to maintain a good business relationship. There will be times when edits and changes to pieces will need to be made, and I expect such occurences to be handled in a professional manner.

Piggybacking off all this. Any good attorneys you guys recommend to take a look at this?

I'm just a third-worlder so I can't recommend any.

Why the fuck do you always have to point out being a third worlder?

Notify potential differences in culture, education and lifestyle?

What does any of that fucking matter?
You just have to shoehorn 3rd worlder every single time as if anyone cares. It's gotten to a point that I can take a pretty good guess of who you are because of your obnoxiousness.

Go ahead lol.

the only thing you can do is set the terms for ownership of the pieces being transferred to you after payment. you can't force them to work only for you or finish work.

He is actually a rich western guy who dreams of the exotic third world lifestyle.

Woah user, step away from the keyboard

He just wants to be a meme user. Let a man dream.

I did.

You're that sheepstorm guy

Using the archives?

lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=39681

Will /evn/ finally see its demise?

no

Dont be distracted!

this actually looks neat

It's by a dev who didn't finish his first Kickstarted project as I recall.

They did release a part of Driftwood though, so there's that.

This new project seems like it has a lot of progress put into it already though. But eh, I wouldn't hold my breath, it might turn out like Driftwood after all. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

>Putting down an unpopular thing
>This is probably the first time that yuri fans get something in a long while
Give us a break broham.

Too ambitious to pull it off. Bad history with the main dev. The only good thing about it are the backgrounds. I love it. So tired of halfassed 3D bg. I don't mind 3D just as long as it blends well with the sprites. Which happens almost never.

Yeah the backgrounds are absolutely stunning. I assume it is Daodao's. I wonder just how much experience this guy has, he's apparently worked on a studio (though not sure if anime or whatever)

I'd say the character art is swell as well. Definitely eye-catching.

The game looks okay, but
>$45,000
How delusional is he?

Tea or coffee?

coffee

Coffee. Tried tea before but I never tasted good to me.

Sheepstorm here, what's up?

>ML user
>AA user
>loli dogfucker user
I'm way late, but I guess I deserve this.
I'm just disappointed that you didn't prefix it with incestuous

Thanks /hgg/ bro. Single, do everything ourselves masochist devs gotta stick together. I look forward to hearing more about your project when you're ready to reveal it.

Are we alive?

maybe