Best cars for 10k or less

Best cars for 10k or less.

No arguing or shitposting please, just suggestions and comparisons as necessary.

Other urls found in this thread:

chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5544669949.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

toyota highlander 4 cylinder. the v6 throws off the driving dynamics

Cash or financing?

just to get the obvious ones out of the way

value of the car has to be 10k or less. This is just a general discussion thread, I'm not asking for suggestions for myself necessarily.

kek fuck no, these are piles of shit unless you want to dump a shit ton of money to make them drivable. fragile suspensions, plastic disa shit, torque converters, bosch module, they're a money pit

540i, right?

can those be found in good condition for 10k? with the 6-speed? Even then, maintenance would probably be very expensive for a cheap used car.

e39s are soo god damn nice when they're new though, but the cars weren't built for north american roads. only if a elderly german babied it on the smoothest god tier bavarian roads all its life would it be worth buying

E46
E39
Classic benz
Mazdaspeed miata
Any mr2
F-body

Down payment on a used g37, Mustang gt, etc

Read the sticky.

Basically if you're euro, it's probably one of the german sportcars, R32-R34 GT-Rs if you're lucky.

If you're free, you get 90s+ muscle cars.

For both apply the classic weebshit like 350Z, RX-7, Mitsubaru 4x4s etc.

it was supposed to be a discussion thread rather than looking for advice

You could pick up some old 6cyl muscle for under 10k and have a nice project car for the future.

mr2 turbo is the best performance for under 10k.

just don't be a retard and it won't kill you

any jeep cherokee.

I can find these fuckers for as low as $500 and it's usually something cheap to replace that takes a fuck ton of time to do so people take it to the shop that quotes them $300 for the $18 oil pressure sender that is literally right on top of the oil filter and has one wire connector and one bolt into the block, it takes less than 2 minutes.

fuck goodyear for giving me that quote with a serious face

Samefag, I say the cherokee because mine just passed 320k and doesn't seem to be slowing down at all.

>not terrible mileage, there are guys out there hitting 30mpg highway
>off road capable (duh)
>bulletproof engine and tranny
>easy as fuck to work on engine bay
>it does drive like a cardboard box on wheels tho

I think you meant to post this

I'm convinced. Time to run out and buy a clean Pontiac Vibe.

is300 is always a good choice.

>S2K for under 10k
You're just begging for an abused piece of shit

Firebird trans am, 350z, early 2000's wrx.

Nah v8 commo

Jap 4wds are better in every way, only if we are talking diesel though.

What are you looking for? best for 10k or less at what?

Giant killer?
>Chevrolet Cobalt SS/Saturn Ion Redline/Mazdaspeed3/Acura RSX/Dodge Neon SRT4
Sports car?
>Pontiac Fiero/Toyota MR2/Nissan 240SX
A to B car?
>Honda Civic/Toyota Corolla/Chevrolet Cavalier/Pontiac Sunfire/Chevrolet Cobalt/Saturn Ion/Dodge Neon
CUV/SUV?
>kill yourself

>Chevrolet Cobalt SS/Saturn Ion Redline
>killer
yeah, the only dead thing will be the driver after the ignition switch fails

chicago.craigslist.org/sox/cto/5544669949.html

Old mercs aren't great for mods or budgets, but they style hard and drive well. Your biggest challenge would be entropy; nothing lasts forever, so you can expect something to go wrong every month or two. Whiners keep in mind, ALL old cars need their day in the garage.

just get the fucking cobalt already.

focus cheap and easy to fix

Garbage, heavy and slow and always over priced

96 impala ss

2003 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

VR6
R

bump

in australia maybe

>fragile suspensions
not really
>plastic disa shit
If your disa valve breaks and you really want to be a meme master you can buy a titanium valve for 80 bucks and install it in 5 minutes.
>torque converters
solution: don't be an automatic driving fag
>Bosch module
You mean the ABS? That's not a widespread issue by any means, and it doesn't cost any more money to fix than any other car.

The pictured car is a 530i but you wouldn't be able to tell without seeing the rest of the picture set. $10k will get you a nice as fuck 6 speed 540i. Half that will get you a really nice 530i. Maintenance is definitely higher on the V8 though.

>A to B
>no LS400

just buy a lower miles corolla.

i already have a shitbox though