/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/frangar/status/759453895080960000
steamcommunity.com/id/the_randomizer1889
youtube.com/watch?v=zX2RAyA6h80
youtube.com/watch?v=deG76vqyias
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>adding CRT filters
For what purpose?

SP pls refresh the buildbot for Vita builds.

soon

Is he the one working on RA Vita builds?

Were Tomba and Mischief Makers designed by the same colorblind artist?

With his "Dev Machine (TM)" he can do anything!

budokai tenkaichi 2 and 3 are doing this every time I try to start a fight

Menus work fine

Maybe, or maybe by a crazy Japanese man.

Try disabling dual core, that setting is the cause of 97,8% of all crashes

That doesn't seem to be the problem

I cant count the number of games that shit themselves when dc is on. I donno why its not disabled by default for those games.

He has to share his room with his little brother. Hense the mobile and bunk bed. he doesn't even have his own room.

You think that mobile isn't his?

Please stop harassing poor turtle. He has suffered enough.

no. he must be bimmy'd.

who here /zsnes/ :^)

Any other ideas?

Some literal who no-name is the one doing the Vita port. If you're hype for the port at all, just remember, his preliminary Genesis Plus GX core port randomly has crackly audio spurts that last 5 ~ 20 seconds, and sprite corruption in Sonic 3

I was messing around with graphics settings a bit and at least can get into battles

I've no fucking idea what's going on though
It's an improvement, at least

thats not retroarch though, that was his standalone port with some audio/videomcode done by him. RA's should be more mature.

Then please explain to me what this is?

twitter.com/frangar/status/759453895080960000

Any way of fixing the fog bug on FireRed when playing on no$gba without having to switch to a different emulator?

Been messing with the settings but nothing works. Searching online just says to export the save to another emulator.

I'd rather finish it on what I have but if I can't, I guess I can't.

Still need more friends, only got one since the last time.

steamcommunity.com/id/the_randomizer1889

Running mednafen through retroarch (PSX) is there a way to reduce polygon jittering? Sometimes I want to up the resolution but the jitter is really bad.

nice crop

>nothing works. Searching online just says to export the save to another emulator.
Then do that. no$gba isn't recommended on the wiki for a reason.
GTE pixel accuracy. Doesn't help that much though.

>using no$gba in the first place
what the fuck were you thinking? did you actually pay money for that?

>literally called no$gba
>thinks it's payware
are you actually retarded

It is recommended on the wiki.

>paying money for emulators

I was wondering why it looked so small when I pasted it

Yes, because supporting payware emulation is good and forces open source developers to make better products.

It actually was payware for a while.
>It is recommended on the wiki.
No it's not.

It was literal payware in the past and is still donation ware.
>It is recommended on the wiki.
No it isn't and it sure as shit never was.

wow that's fucked up
>calls emulator no$gba
>charges for it
>there are ds and gba emulators 10x better for free
>wonder why you don't make money

Should have stayed payware. There is nothing wrong with making pennies from people. Its called America, Embrace It.

>being smug about pirating shitty emulators

why the fuck does he call it no$gba then

No, there is nothing wrong with a developer making money from their code or someone else's from under them. The GPL explicitly allows this. Besides, licenses are not legally enforcable (see Hyperkin).

unless your emulator is fucking miles behind the best free alternative

Still nothing wrong with really. Up to the consumer/enduser to make an informed decision and do his research. no$'s author isn't be disingenuous; his emulator is just shitty.

How do I fix the immense input lag on every emulator using a dualshock 4 on android

What is preventing DSiWare emulation?

>on android

You don't

Get an Iphone

fuck off faggot no one likes your shitty limited os

that looks kinda neat

i'd rather just get a gpd xd tho

when is archlinux going to get vulkan?

>telling user to get a worse phone
>helping

how does that help, exactly

What are you talking about? Linux already has Vulkan support.

not intel

Yes they do. Haswell support is bugged though.

It's weird how the best one in graphics fell so weirdly. I think phoronix made an article about it, articles are made way too often.

ppsspp is fucking amazing guys

then why can't I build retroarch with vulkan?

Forced to build with library -lvulkan, but cannot locate. Exiting ...

did you install the vulkan headers package?

oh I didn't know there was a separate package

wait a sec, vulkan doesn't work in kms? Well that's a downgrade

Are you for real? Why are you running Arch then?

>Haswell support is bugged though.

It's a fucking integrated GPU, what do you even expect to do with it?

Be able to run a series of menus through Vulkan

use retroarch

Ah, carry on

because I want to

and who makes you the arbiter of what emulator is right or wrong. People are allowed to make money from whatever anything is, as long as its legal. Fuck "morality".

Uh, I used mednafen through Retroarch and one of the shaders basically burned scanlines into my monitor. Not just scanlines, but a ghosted image from some random scene in the game. It persisted even when I rebooted and turned the monitor on/odd. It eventually went away on it's own.

Has this happened to anyone else? What the fuck happened?

that happens sometimes. try disabling retroarch.

I can't get tetris the grand master to work in MAME via RetroArch. TGM2 works fine, but TGM crashes on boot.

cpzn2 is in the same folder as TGM

Try Final Burn Alpha

I wasn't saying it's immoral, just fucking stupid.

>playing 1 when 3 exists

So what? people are entitled to be fucking idiots, its called "capitalism". Deal with it, or make your own shit.

Capitalism is evil.

>evil
Please,
capitalism is just coordinated competition. It's healthy if it's tamed and it's the best system we've ever had. Capitalism without functioning democracy is societal sickness though, so your perception of evil may be relevant depending on what society you're looking at.

>tfw the US hasn't had a functioning democracy for quite awhile now

Just because people are entitled to be fucking idiots doesn't mean they aren't fucking idiots.

Does anyone know which emulators don't run like dogshit on the Vita?

fuck you

I'm having some problems with RA mednafen psx. It seems to run fine but every once and a while, usually 30 seconds or so, it stutters a bit, and seems to lose frames. It's not really noticeable unless I'm recording, which then the effect is somehow amplified in the recording. Here is a test sample I made:
youtube.com/watch?v=zX2RAyA6h80
take a look at 0:38 and on.
I'm not sure what it is, I thought it was the recording software at first but then I found that using different cores/programs obs worked fine, but with different PSX games using mednafen there was a similar effect. I've been searching for answers for days no and have hit dead ends each time. I'm not sure what to do anymore.

catsfc (it has ear rape audio though)
RealBoy

That's about it really unless you set up VHBL, and even then, PSP emulators weren't known for their incredible accuracy

For gameplay, I recommend getting a slower ship that handles better. At higher levels Wipeout gets too fast. And hit Up on jumps so that you land softer.

That is confusing. i would've said the game+the recorder is generating too much CPU usage but then I would've expected it to happen over and over at the same "high end" places on the track rather than only after a certain amount of time.

Could it have something to do with when obs writes to the hdd vs when mednafen is reading info off it? Maybe not though because I'd expect it to be writing constantly and mednafen to be reading constantly or just putting everything in ram at the start

user I intend on doing full perfects with icaras on every track. I finished porto kora and began sampa run, but the lagging is a bit noticeable even during gameplay and it bugs the shite out of me, and I fear it will fuck with me times.
youtube.com/watch?v=deG76vqyias
It is kind of time based, it seems to happen whenever it wants, but only for a certain amount of time. But I don't think it's CPU based either, my CPU never seems to go above 50%

Open Resource Monitor and see if anything spikes during the framerate drops.

Can the emulator record imputs so you dont have to record while you play?

Keep in mind Icarus' namesake.

And are you on Special Edition? They made balance changes, and added around 10 new tracks.

No, I'm on regular for this one, I felt like going back to the OG handling and the 25 fps was going to make these challenges a fucking headache. Plus the classic league tracks are dumb anyways, completely fucked with the lighting of the 2097 tracks.
No idea. Retroarch does have a built-in recording software if that's what you're asking, but I tried it and it didn't seem to work at all.
Will try in a short bit, thanks user.

>and the 25 fps

Wipeout 3 runs at 50fps (PAL) and 60fps (NTSC).

so for ps1 do I use pcsx reloaded for 3d games and mednafen with crt shaders for 2d games? ps1 emulation is confusing.

You stop being an HD fag and use Mednafen standalone+GUI of your choice for all PS1 games.

mednafen for everything.

where did you even get that idea?

PGXP dawg.

Does mednafen have that perspective fixer yet?

>You stop being an HD fag
That's impossible. Mednafen can't increase resolution?

libretro port can, but realistically you're only going to be able to go up to 2x resolution.

fuck you

Alright I tried it, but I'm not exactly sure how resource monitor works, and I don't think mine was fully functioning.
What I did notice is that the green disk part, whatever it means, would seemingly spike whenever a stutter phase would begin or end. The blue CPU part at the top was constantly maxxed out as long as the game was running. Those are the only 2 things I noticed while trying to play through the tiny ass OBS preview monitor.

is retroarch good with it? planning to start mgs and silent hill series.