Just bought a 2015 Corolla S

Just bought a 2015 Corolla S

What do you guys think?

How much boost does the supercharger put out in low and high revs?

what does "S" do? any upgrades over other models?
or did you just buy fancy rims for your washing machine?

faggot

Please be bait.

neutral overall

The S gives you paddle shifters for your CVT, a spoiler, and a couple other small things.

Factory rice, better seats, supposedly sportier.

I really don't like those wheels being put on so many jap sedans. Look like flowers...

At least it's not silver.

Literally nothing wrong with Corollas. They're great commuter cars and reliable as fuck.

>Not getting Mazda 3

>hey guys I bought the 2015 version of that used car people get told to buy
I think you bought somebody's used car in 2021

Mazda's are meme cars

wow another commuter car I see 1000 of just driving to the store. hope you enjoy blending in, never getting pulled over, and getting decent gas mileage

now tell us whats the money situation looking like

high compression engine with no proven record on durability, direct injection with common direct injection problems with high compression that hasn't been shown to alleviate carbon buildup problems

they look nice, but i dunno, mazda doesn't have a good track record with special snowflake motors like the millennia and rotaries

What's the point of a new econobox? A 10 year old econobox is just as good. Spend 2.5-3.5k on an old civic and another grand on new suspension/tires.

How is the most fun to drive compact economy sedan a meme car? It also looks way better than Civic or Corolla.

>What's the point of a new econobox?
a lot of people have some kind of notion that a used car is unreliable, or not as good

meanwhile you can get a slightly used car at the CPO dealer with a 100k mileage warranty for like 20% off a new price

Factory rice, nice rims and 15k worth of wasted money.

>nice rims
U wat m8?!

No stranger to sarcasm, sarge?

Even if you have to fix things you'll come out ahead instead of spending 17k on a new shitbox

>It also looks way better than Civic or Corolla.

I think theyre ugly as shit

No cohesion whatsoever, just a bunch of random flowing lines. Reminds me of the bulbous cars from the 90s, people thought that used to look good too.

where did you get a picture of the new toyota 2018 concept

I don't like the hatch either m8. Sedan looks better.

>a 100k mileage warranty
Dealership warranties suck ass. It is tough to get them to do anything, and when they do, it takes weeks or months to get it right, if at all. Often the car comes back more fucked up.

the current 3 looks a lot better in person, but they need to calm the fuck down with the curves for the whole brand.

Get off of Veeky Forums normie!

How does it feel that I bought a nice Lexus last month for $16k?

mazda's problem is they're fucking jews wanting top dollar for a mazda3 when people balk at paying that much and just get a mazda6 that's discounted

you're doing it wrong when vw's entry level car outsells a japanese entry level car

must depend on the dealer you go to mostly. everything I've had to do through ford/mazda has been pretty easy and painless. They do try and upsell a lot though

Model/year/mileage?

What do YOU think?

I like it. I needed something that'll last me 15 years, get good gas mileage, little to no repairs and look nice.

Now I won't get fuckwits trying to race me at every light like my previous car, a RSX Type S

Good work. I love corollas.
Personally went with a mazda3 though. More power and more fun.

Dumbass. Any car made in the last 15 years can last another 15 years if you take care of it

Different gauges and more comfortable seats are the main improvement.

Good choice OP. I have a black 2014 S just like yours. I've had it for almost 2 years, and I absolutely love it.

Yeah no fucking shit, if you put money into it. And older body structure, less fuel efficient, less safe, less powerful, less amenities. Look I know you're pathetic because you're envious I had money to buy a fucking Corolla while you're struggling to pay off paying for that new timing belt on your rusted 12 year old piece of shit. Go get a real job so you don't have to be so frugal with money that you force yourself to drive an old piece of shit.

>Any car made in the last 15 years can last another 15 years if you take care of it
Tell that to new Dodge buyers broken down on the side of the street.

IS 350 - 2007 - 72k

One previous owner.

I don't care that it's nearly a decade old. Still a way nicer car than a brand new Corolla.

Meanwhile OP will still have that same Corolla in 2026 while your IS will be long gone in a junkyard as you go blow another 16k on a decade old car.

>less fuel efficient
Not in the real world
>less amenities
Aux jack is all you really need
>less safe
Cars were safe enough several years ago. Now they're adding unnecessary shit

Should've financed a nicer used car.

>OP will still have that same Corolla in 2026
Well that's unfortunate. What a boring life...

>your IS will be long gone in a junkyard
More likely just passed on to someone else who can appreciate it while I enjoy my upgraded ride.

>blow another 16k on a decade old car
16k?! The goal is to keep moving up in life. You need some ambitions user!

>corolla out lasting a Lexus

>financed a nicer used car.
That is shit advice. Those "deals" keep reponut busy all day.

A nicer used car for the same amount of money dumbass. If you're not going to default on your new car you're not going to default on the other car.

Have you ever met a corolla?
They are the staple of long lasting toyotas

how much of a gimmick is the S trim?

>used car for the same amount of money
That's retarded

Does Google not exist anymore?
Or did the Toyota website go down?

About the same as the SI trim on the Civic.

>using Google
>ever

It literally is just cosmetic gimmicks. Nothing to see here.

6MT available
Tighter suspension
Etc etc.
At least research before you open your cock hole

>open your cock hole
Don't tempt me. I will post pics.

Comes with a sport mode which provides
>tighter steering
>tighter suspension
>quicker shifting
>quicker braking

>6MT available
>Tighter suspension
Lol. Just buy a Mazda 3. So stupid...

Hatch > sedan

I would have got an RZ (or whatever the sportiest trim is) as a hatch myself.

Hope you got the manual.

Fuck no, I got the CVT. Shifting in an econobox is pure cuckoldry. I would only want to work the gears in something that's actually sporty.

This is retarded. Shifting in an econobox is the only thing that makes it somewhat fun. You got cucked user.

change the headlights
the stock ones blind the shit out of me

Then good for you, faggot. Tell me why I should do what some stranger on a Mongolian sock puppet image board tells me to?

>trigger combo

>what's the point of a new econobox?

Adaptive cruise control, better stereo, Bluetooth/ipod connectivity

Pretty much all this shit can be found used or easily modded through aftermarket

Also, if you want something a little nicer and have to finance, you can't finance cars older than 6 years or with over 100,000 miles at most places

>but why finance a $3000 car?
You dont, I'm talking about cars in the $7-10k range

>lol just pay in cash tho
Not an option for everyone.

>you can't finance cars older than 6 years
Huh? I'm financing a 9 yr-old car.

Do you want to drive or be driven faggot? Normal cruise control is good enough. Aux > Bluetooth

Literally nothing wrong with previous gen Camrys/Toyotas with pimped out options used too.

Fucking idiot.

Aux is shit because you can't change music while driving unless you fuck with your phone or ipod, which is dangerous. Imo the best is a usb cable that diplays music info and will 1st least let you pause, play and shuffle without fussing around with the actual device.

>not having a device that you shake to change tracks
you're nit picking the smallest things.

>Do you want to drive or be driven?
Having to constantly tap brakes/gas while cruising the interstate because the cars around you are going different speeds isn't what makes driving fun for me.

This makes me miss iPod classic. Click wheel was so much better for car use.

Anyways, can't you just use Siri or Google Voice for various commands?

>tfw I've never used cruise control even though my car has it

They see me Corollin

They hatin

Wow, the Sport model?

Must be really fast.

Good for you, but I have a question...
Why did you use a picture I took of my (then) newly purchased Corolla from over a year ago?
Is everyone on Veeky Forums a fucking basement dwelling loser or something?

Literally nothing wrong with it, depending on how much you spent. If it's a 2015, is it CPOd, or used in any other aspect? If new, what did you spend?

New corolla is fine, as long as you plan on keeping it for 10 years.

Congrats OP, the interior in the new ones are really nice.

2012 Sport here. Yes it's not actually sporty, but I don't care. I like the comfort and reliability.

>Get off Veeky Forums normie!
Your car doesn't have to be sporty to be able to post here.

>corolla
>comfort

First car I ever bought myself was a 2005 Corolla S when I was 19. Slooooooow as fuck. Was my first manual.. Great gas though. Nothing sporty about it except fog lights and some rice kits stuck on.

drive a car before you comment on it, friend.

I rented a newish Corolla couple years back. Nothing special. Your move...

>paddle shifters for your CVT
>a spoiler, on a FWD econobox

Toyota pls

I-is it a manual?

Literally everything wrong with paying new car prices for a fucking corolla

Also the body design has been shit since the 80s and impractical shit since the 90s

>more wedges
>less rear visibility
>yes this is great, it looks faster than it is

Maybe he's never used the rear seats for anything but tofu

I don't like the hatchback. It looks more like a compact crossover than an actual hatchback, I wish they would have kept the rear end from the previous gen. But anyway, the sedan with the little lip spoiler looks much better

I really want to watch a remake of Initial D when the new RX-7 comes out, with a race against it vs the FWD appliance Corolla
At least the Corolla's still alive though ;_;

Is it comfy?

>tfw no adaptive cruise control

:(

>new Corolla
>CVT
This thing will be so boring to drive that you'll be a danger to society. You might fall asleep on the freeway

2nd hand corolla ascent hatchback (2007) owner here.
Rear vision is fine, I'm 192cm and it's comfy.
And I can fit a standard double bed mattress in the back with seats down for long drives across country.
6.8L/km average isn't bad either.
As a uni student, it's pretty based.