Is the cobalt SS a shit car?

Is the cobalt SS a shit car?

kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/calgary/supercharged-cobalt-ss-stage-2/1163114303

I'm thinking of getting something like this. Does anyone have experience driving one? Why does Veeky Forums seem to hate them?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Ecotec_engine#2.0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lately its been a meme car.
Its pretty much a pile of shit though.

You cannot talk about the Cobalt SS here because shitposters adore benchracing it. Sticky has info on it I think.

Why is it considered shit?
Its gonna be my first car BTW.
Any alternative suggestions? I have also considered getting an RSX or celica

yeah

especially the supercharged ones

>Cobalt SS for a first car
I wouldn't do that, most of them are abused.

Why?

>GM
poor build quality
there are better things out there for the money really.

What would you suggest instead?

mid 2000s gm QUALITY
kinda pointless when the later turbo models exist (just save)
worse than the GTI, STI, and all the competitors

Civic

what are you looking for in a car?

>Is the cobalt SS a shit car?

YES
E
S

Manual, good handling in winter, looks good,and under 10k

There are MANY MANY cars that fall under those criteria.

Any specific suggestions? I'm new to cars

You'll need to be more specific about what you want
Its seems like you want some sort of performance.

350z

Dont look at numbers. They dont hold up after being driven 100k miles. They're shit m8.

Ok. Around 200 HP.

RSX comes to mind.
Integra is close to 200hp
Theres a ton of cars out there

Give me a list plz

Something fwd or awd with snow tires.

I have a 2009 ss sedan turbo, 1/474 made. Modded and makes about 400 to the wheels ask away man.

why?

Fuck off, I ain't spoon feedin you shiet

I've owned both a supercharged and turbo cobalt SS cars and I liked them better than an NA civic or shit box

TC one starts at 260/260 hp/tq
SC one starts at 205/200 hp/tq

Too much for a SS/SC if you want one go for the turbo. Better made cars, watch for the porous block issue and you're good.

Over 120k miles on mine on the stock clutch, at 355whp with no slipping. Try to find the least mods possible, less likely to be hooned all to shit

Because I make 400 to the wheels and still get 30 mpgs. Also the look on people's faces is hilarious when I blow the tires off 5.0's and ss'

Sticky has accurate info on it.
Thank god bench racers don't care much for the em2.
This is why most ss are shit.
Base line or close to are ok as first car.
Em2 ex or si
Rsx is same fit for em2 basically.
Just rsx usually are abused and bought by women and ricers. Or at least its that way in nc
>gti
Expect broke trans for both auto and manual as well as shit for breaks.
>sti
Rare, high cost per maintenance, abused more than a high schooler's mustang, more expensive because boy racers, price rarely drop even with wrecks and broke trans, awkward maintenance, and from my experience in my state the average price on a 100k+mi used one is over 13k which you can get something faster and in better shape for.

yeah but why?

Because cuckbois like you get assblasted, that's why faggot

>buys a cobalt
>a car that was literally recalled because GM decided to jew customers by making deficient ignition switches
>calling anyone a cuck

Have you ever heard the term "sleeper"?

the only sleeping thing after driving a cobalt will be you after crashing and falling into a coma

>This guy again.

All you do is lurk Balt threads to cry about an ignition switch. Nobody still has a defective one, u salty

Don't feed him, this pleb is here all day every day waiting for cobalt threads.

>IGNITION SWITCH

Look mom I said it again!

>this mad

look kiddo, just deal wih it already

>defends slowbalts n a turkmekistani female cum receptor board
>calls anyone a pleb

Now I can't speak to owning one, but the five people in my family that have absolutely hated them. They were terrible cars, of all the odd stuff that would break seemed to be the electrical stuff. Alternators, lamps, distributors, of course the ignitions failed. Furthermore they were like the new dodge darts, the body ripped like ceallophone. It was like this cheap plastic/carbon fiber.

Save yourself and get a checked out Ford Taurus, 1996-2004. Indestructible cars save for rust if it gets scratched.

Btw that wasn't me, yea they cheaped out and kill some people because of it. But overall for a cheap fwd platform it makes great power for cheap and gets good mileage.

Chevy cant into electronics ever so those are the kinds of complaints id expect. Plus those are the same issues i always heard for trailblazer i6s as well but with even more issues in electronics.
>advises for a taurus.
Kek. Don't.

Come on Alphonse. Put your trip back on cuck. Also, Car or GTFO

>wipe my ass

holy fuck dude just try to research on your own.

Well I have and the celica, civic si, and RSX all seem like cars I can afford and are nice. I was just wondering if there were any cars I may have overlooked.

Just stick with a ss cobalt. These fucking tards don't kno shit.
The 2.0 ecotec engine is indestructible and the trans can actually handle more power. And the fact it's supercharged and not turbocharged is a good thing for you.
Especially since you can buy kits to bolt on a m90 supercharger off a gtp and get good gains for little cash.

The 2.0 is the LNF which is in the turbos.

The LSJ in the supercharged is not a 2.0.

Do not take cobalt advice from plebs.

>Taurus

I mean, the engines in those little shits are indestructible. I work on a bud's 97 Taurus GL pretty damn often and A LOT of little things go wrong. Also, it's going on its 3rd transmission at 190,000 miles.

Don't get me wrong, it's pretty easy to work on but god damn it like 5 things a week break on that little shit.

God that was two days ago, he still hasn't posted his car?

Lnf can be had for 6-8k and with 500 dollars extra you can get a downpipe and a tune and be at 330 whp

Op here.

Is a scion TC a good choice for a first car?

>The LSJ in the supercharged is not a 2.0

Yeah, maybe a high miler for that price, decent (read: good condition) are more like $10k

maybe

No, on kijiji they range from 7-10k with any where from 77k km to 205

>48k miles
>$8k

I need to buy shit from Canada

>asking why
>about cars
>on Veeky Forums
Go back to /v/, you never ask someone why.

That poor SVT.

Sedan guy here again, jump on cobaltss.net and cobalt ss gang and cobalt nation buy sell trade on Facebook. All three usually have modded cobalts. Could probably pick up the lsj turbo swapped cars for like 5-7k and they usually make around 400+ depending on turbo and tune.

They're not popular here is why, I'm going to look at one on the weekend though, easy power for cheap

The people I know who have them have had 0 issues, but for a mid 2000s GM with 10k you could get a G6 GTP/GXP or Malibu SS. Same platform (Epsilon), making between 240-270 hp depending on year/motor. The 3.6's in the GXP's were used in some Cadillacs and aren't bad at all. Or Grand Prix GXP/Impala SS/ Monte Carlo SS/Buick LaCrosse Super. All of these W bodies have the 5.3 LS engine in it making like 300hp, but they're all heavy.

Why would you get any of those when you could get the Cobalt SS and get way better performance?

This is true those cars are so heavy it negates the larger hp, also they are known to chew through tires

grandma car desu familia

>>reddit

He's not wrong tho

wouldnt expect it would you :D whole point of modding it, no one expects it

about the lsj?

The LSJ is a supercharged version of the LK9 Ecotec 2.0 Lā€” 1,998 cc (121.9 cu in)ā€” with an Eaton M62 Roots-type supercharger and air-to-liquid intercooler.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_Ecotec_engine#2.0

That's exactly what he said, the LSJ is 2.0L, he was responding to some idiot who said the LSJ wasn't a 2.0L engine

>Just stick with a ss cobalt.
dont do this

This
I paid $10k for a 2010 with 5,000 miles and drove it to 165,000 miles before trading it in for a Cruze. So much better than the old Cavalier the Cobalt could always get on the freeway, mine was totally reliable and was a great commuter car.