Oh no

So I'm looking for a car under 8k and I've been swayed by a g35 or a Celica 7th gen
Both of their pros and cons seem to even out for me
Is there a based superior alternative?
What's the low down?

>G35
absolute garbage and will break constantly
>MK7 Celica
2004+ and GTS only
Anything else is worthless or will break

g35 obviously

G35 is shit. Way worse than the g37

g35 break constantly ...yaaaaaa ok

Its nissan dude
Has the build quality of chinese electronics

Everyone on heres gonna tell you g35 is shit. Its not. Mine has well over 150k (bought at 78k) and all ive had to do is general maintenance.

>one guy says something on the internet about a car
must mean it applies to ALL owner experience and ALL the same car right?

mine has 215k miles (bought at 60k) and the only failure it ever had was with the key fob not working with its relay... 20 dollar part fixed it

But I'd be better if he took his 8 grand and put it down on a used g37.

> kinda like the one or two people that said its bad.

easy to look it up.
They are junk m8

the g35 if your a man

the celica if your a manchild

G35 originally stickered for 40k. It will always need the maintenance (and related cost) of a 40k car. You can run 87 octane in it but it won't run as well compared to premium.

Celica has a ZZ engine in it which was also used in the Corolla. runs on cheaper 87 octane and in general pretty cheap to maintain.

If you've only got 8k to spend, get the Celica.

people only go online to complain...

they sell 100,000 cars and theres 1000 complaints thats actually a pretty damn good production run

the g35 is a fine car with a reliable engine that with any kind of competence will last you well over 200k

Literally the lowest review is 4/5. Im starting to think you cant afford a g35 so you hate people who can.

only cucks drive celicas

>G35 originally stickered for 40k. It will always need the maintenance (and related cost) of a 40k car. You can run 87 octane in it but it won't run as well compared to premium.
this oh god this

also they burn oil like a motherfucker and is only fixable by boring the engine out and getting new rings and pistons

if your not on top of that shit and checking oil every week your fucked also they are riddled with problems from the factory.

still a neat car and heaps better than the celica also
>rwd

huh at 120k i have litterally zero issue... and no oil burning

im guessing it also has to do with past owners and its abuse.

also that
>dipstick

ours has/had the gas tank issue, the fuel pump(s) and the fuel gauge not working.

like i said its a great car but we ended up with a tedious one.

might trade it or sell it for a motorcycle

hey you know what you can get for 5k?
YOU GUESSED IT!!!!
XJR
J
R

RWD vs. FWD

Both burn oil.

VQ needs premium. ZZ will run fine on povo-spec fuel. Celica > G35 for fuel mileage, but the G35 makes assloads more power and can be twin turboed.

A G35 will be ruined by guidos and douchebags. A Celica will be ruined by spics. The Celica can take more abuse. Toyota reliability, etc.

>Is there a based superior alternative
A G35 sedan will be less fucked than the coupe.

06 g5 160k here, no problems at all except for hating the shitty lsd

that's a nice celice in ur pic OP. I haven't ever seen one that clean

Get the GTS manual with the 2zz , BTW why are Celicas so overpriced I see a bunch of beat down shitty 200k+ high milage Celicas going for $4k+ in my area

Does the VQ not have anti-knock sensors?

Heard the manual has gear grinding issues, is the automatic even worth it?

Celicas in the UK are like £1k starting
£2k for a good condition one with good mileage
Jap cars and 4cyls are stupid cheap here, but the insurance is probably the highest on the planet

Oh yeah but the gts (190hp) are a little more, probably around the same price, but not with 200k miles lel

We get Motegi Preludes for £1k, mate, why would you a Celica

l have a T-sport 2001 Celica (GT-S equiv.)

Had it for 8 months. Handles well, lift is fun, light. l like it. But that's the thing, l like it. Not sure how much you'll love one if it's nothing particularily special to you.

Only the 03-04 has grinding issues among other things

>hating on nii-san