How do you feel about restomods?

How do you feel about restomods?

>Making your car objectively better than it was when it left the factory
>Hipsters

I don't get it. Hipsters are just conceited fashion fags. Restomodding is usually about taking an old design and making it functionally better. Being a hipster is just about being quirky and unique.

restomods are for boomers, not hipsters

Basically the perfect car if you are rich

Engine needs to be OHV and have a carburetor

Do people actually hate restomods?
I've always wanted to put a modern LS in a 2nd gen trans am

Tbh I think it's fine as long as it's done to a normal car. Resto-modding a special edition car or a mint-condition car is wrong in my book.

Restomods are great for cars that wouldn't be restored otherwise; vehicles that either lack availability in replacement parts or have no aftermarket support. FI love when someone restomods a car that would, otherwise, be crushed or languish in a scrap yard because someone stripped it to restore a more desirable car.

I'd prefer to have the original engine or one that was offered with it when it came out of factory.

Other than that I don't really care.
I'm pretty hipster myself, I wear button ups and slim jeans and sometimes khakis, I drink organic tea and I have an iphone, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I think reddit is more your speed, bro

I like them.

I have also always wanted to do that too.

anyone who hates restomods is a fag just like OP

>muh sekrit klub

Is this like pro touring? If so then I think its dope. Why would any real car guy not want better handling and more power than stock?

boomers who want all much stock feel

>then spend like $30 on oem hose clamps

they trigger me. my idea of fun is any old car with tons of HP thrown out it and virtually no modern features. drum brakes, low back seats, and lap belts, along with some rust and half eaten carpet.

Owning a non-resto modded Stang is more hipster.
>is impractical
>can say the original is better even though it objectively isn't
>super popular car, but acts like it's totally underground because it has no resto features at all

I would hope it leaves more spares for the die hard who wants to keep his decades old car completely stock and grind every known example to dust

also changing too much of the interior kills the point in many ways

Wow I leave o for k and this is what I come back to. We call cars hipster now.

>I like shitheaps that crash

by the time the replace the engine and suspension what you got is a skin walker

They make me DIAMONDS!

So I'm a hipster if I get an sr20det powered Datsun 510? No, you're a faggot and I'm doing mad skids

I guess so
as hipsters only care for look and do not preserve the craft or essence

Yes, I want shitty steering and brakes, yes please.

Hey now, why're you using an *internal* combustion engine? You really should be using a steam car from 1730. You are a faggoty hipster.

Notice that I never mentioned suspension. There's a very fine line between restomod and hot rod.

I lean more towards hot rod; often preferring the manual steering and only improving the original suspension, not replacing it outright.

That comparison picture is retarded, nothing on the hipster makes him better to ride in.

My dad wants to tastefully restomod a 1960 Corvette. Should I talk him out of it? He has a 1960 that is in pretty good shape, but wants modern suspension and engine.

Forgot pic

One, holy shit.
Two, it depends. Do you think he can finish it. If he cant, or won't, don't let him. Unless the thing doesn't run at all now anyways.
It really depends on your tastes.
Sometimes you just can't find the parts. Like my motorcycle, they dont make many good tires for street in my front tire size so I had to swap the tire.

I feel the same way about it. Modding your car like David Freiburger's Super Bee or Crusher Camaro is a great idea.

Going for 19" wheels, matte black paint and muh autocross suspension isn't.

This.
Also
>hipsters
>knowing how to restore a car

>implying a hipster wouldn't just want a self driving car that they all circle jerk too on reddit

Restomods and EFI V8's are for people that want an older car to work when ever they start it

Buddy of mine had a 1970 Mustang. Pretty cool looking. Don't know much about them, but he showed me these retromodding catalogs and I was impressed. Retro/factory looking head units with blue tooth and CDT capability, entire subframes made of stronger and lighter materials, fiberglass body panels (even entire shells). He ended up updating the interior, swapped the trans for a T56, and made the motor EFI. Looked really nice.

I'm more of a Japanese car fan. Maybe some day we can order a 1970's 240z shell made of fiberglass, or something along those lines.

I really wish more people made recreation shells.

My dream's still a Cuda shell turned race monster.

I'm completely fine with restomods, don't really mind hipsters though.

I'd really love to modernize my Chrysler while keeping the "classic" looks with modern internals. Would restore that old bird back to her former glory and make her competitive again.

Hipsters: young people looking old, poorly
Restomods: old cars looking young, skillfully

If anything Restomods are the MILFs of cars

>ara ara~ an old girl like me, user?

Gah fuck those wheels make me gag every time.

The width or the styling?

Yes.

My dick gets hard as diamond everytime I see pics/vids of the Singer 911, so yes. I like restomods.

A couple of buddies and I are about to buy a late 60's roller mustang to restomod, but we're planning on going about it the right way. Exterior and interior is going to be as close to factory as we can get it (Gonna have to add A/C, because Texas.), but the driveline and suspension is gonna be pretty far from stock.

That's different though man. That's like taking a fucking Tank and dressing it up with kill tallies and war-paint to make it more effective for removing kebab.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what they did with that FJ, come to think of it...

>no modern features. drum brakes, low back seats, and lap belts, along with some rust and half eaten carpet.
this is what hipsters actually drive

Thanks for the reply. It does not run well after a lot of fixes. My Dad will definitely finish it. Finding a car like his was 50 grand. Finding a C1 that is junked and needs all the little parts costs 30 grand. The little parts are not cheap and add up quickly (metal paneling on the door, all of the knobs. ect).

I'd rather him find a junked one and resto it, but it would cost more in the long run.