Advice pls, Veeky Forums

Advice pls, Veeky Forums

Bought a 2012 Mazda 3 BM, never really had it serviced after the free 10,000km dealership one. Just hit 90,000km and been running quite rough so took it for a service at a local place and they just called to quote me so much extra work I need to know if I'm being ripped off or not.

They want me to

- oil and filter change
- replace spark plugs and leads
- air filter + cabin filter
- replace brake pads and machine the rotors
- 4 new tires
- adjust handbrake
- replace front windshield (chips and one big crack from rear-view mirror to base of windshield

Total quote is around $1800-2000 mark

Worth doing or just not bother with most but the oil change?

Oh and second question - how hard is it to change brake pads and shit if you've never done anything mechanical in your entire life?

You haven't changed your oil for 80k?

Sell the car and buy a bus pass

jesus, this is all doable stuff. You could most likely so this all In a day with the help of YouTube. Just buy new rotors. And change your oil ever 5k or for fun you nut

actually maybe get the windshield replaced if you're that much of a bitch. But if you honestly are saying you haven't changed the oil since 10k crush the car and get a bus pass

Yes correct, I never changed oil, I'm sure they did it during the 10k service though

What is the risk? it just keeps pumping through the sump and re-using it does it not? doesn't it just make the engine run rough? I'm not a mechanic

Are you stupid? The reason you change your oil is because dirt gets in the engine naturally from operating. You know what happens if you take grit and rub it against moving metal parts right? Hint, grit is harder than steel. That's why sandpaper exists.

What sort of damage gets done from such a short period?

Apply yourself, should have been more subtle.

>short period
Manufacturer recommends oil change every 5k miles, you went 50k miles. Your shit is fucked.

Tbqh unless you have a big, spiderwebbing, crack in the windshield it doesn't need replacing. Especially given the way you've maintained the car thus far it probably won't be on the road much longer.

I need your help, not your criticism.

What should I do about the possible engine damage? surely I don't need a fucking new motor from no oil change for a few extra kms?

Shits fucked get a bus pass

Y'all niggas posting in a bait thread.

>oil and filter change
Reasonable and Necessary $29 to $59 many places.

>- replace spark plugs and leads
Reasonable and necessary for that mileage

>- air filter
Reasonable and necessary for that mileage guess $10 at wal-mart. Do it yourself.

>- replace brake pads and machine the rotors
You sure got a lot of mileage from those brakes so it seems reasonable. Typically $100 per axle in my area (new brake pads, re-use existing rotor after machining it).

>- 4 new tires
You looked at them and they are bald or have very low tread? If so then time for more, but you can shop around. Sam's Club $89 installed per tire for cheap but okay tires

>- replace front windshield (chips and one big crack from rear-view mirror to base of windshield
In my state, the law would require that to be replaced with a crack that long. But you still have time if your wallet is not able to handle it.
Autoglass shops have good price quotes so check with them.

You didn't provide an individual price quote for each line item, so there is no way I can tell each repair or maint item is reasonably priced. A single lump sum doesnt tell me if all the other charges such as hazardous waste disposal, shop materials, and sales tax are included too. The lump sum price seems far too high to me.

>Advice pls, Veeky Forums

Read this thread for info about oils.

>and leads
Yeah i would have thought being a 2012 mazda it'd be coil on plug, if you aren't bullshitting ring the cunts up and ask them if it even has leads.

Replace car with one not owned for the last 90k by a retard.

Not hard. Watch a couple youtube tutorials and you'll be fine.

>What should I do about the possible engine damage?

Nothing, ignore the instruction booklet cucks. Just have that new oil and filter now and your engine may very well run another 100k kms, and when it finally gets worn out, depending a little on value, you may very well have had the best economy in neglecting it. Dispose of it and get something new.

>2012 Mazda 3 BM
Isn't the 2014+ Mazda3 the one with the BM chassis code?

Don't go to a dealership for a car out of warranty, find an independent mechanic with decent Yelp ratings. It'll be cheaper, but they'll probably send you somewhere else for tires and maybe windshield.

The bad news is that yes, you need all of that done.