2016 WRX Limited or 2016 WRX STI Limited?

Hey br/o/s...So I went to test drive a Subaru Le Meme-mobile today (BRZ) and quickly realized my grandma's mini-van is faster...Needless to say I fucking hated it. Everything on it was cheap and the wheels/tires sucked ass.
So I decided to test drive a WRX STI, and holy fuck is it an amazing car.

But I'm torn and I need your advice. Should I get the WRX or the WRX STI?

The WRX has a much better looking all-black leather interior. The WRX STI has a pretty ugly black and red interior with Alcantara (IMHO looks cheap). The STI also gets horrific gas mileage.

I'm totally torn. What to do? I want to make a move ASAP because the dealers are giving away the WRX and WRX STI right now because the 2017's arrive next month.

Anyone own one of these? Will I be satisfied with the WRX, or should I go nuts and get the STI?

Pic semi-related: It's the WRX STI (standard edition).

From what I've heard the wrxs are the better buys for this gen. Id still go boyracer and buy the sti though

Because the current STI model never received an engine update I would urge you to save your money and get a wrx.

The current STI not worth the price difference

Get the sti, live a little

Yeah...That wing...Fuck I wish the top of the wing was exposed carbon fiber. That would make this decision so much easier.

If you compare the parts it is, but for DD to school or your shitty office job probably just a wrx.

Yes OP, live out your inner boy-racer and be laughed at by society

WRX is a better value and a better DD, like said the STI has an older engine that people have said is actually slower in the real world than the WRX, despite making more power.

Thanks for the info...Let me ask you this though: the current WRX does NOT have a limited slip diff, even though it is an all-wheel drive car.

The STI has the LSD + AWD...

Will that matter much for street driving?

In my past RWD cars the LSD was amazing and really help put down power especially when corner carving or in rain/slippery conditions.

CORRECTION to my original post: I just figured out the WRX STI has the alcantara, but the WRX STI Limited has the full leather which I can live with. I fucking hate Alcantara.

I know right? Fuck that car is so much fun to drive. Has a really nice notchy short-throw on the shifter too.

Neither. Get a Mustang Gt.

Do you really think it is that bad?

Ugh look at this phenomenal custom! Fucking want it!

Love those wheels.

kill yourself boyracer.

The driving experience is not even close to as good. The Mustang body-rolls and pitches all over the fucking place. I just test drove one with the track pack. The STI was better by far.

BUT

The new Camaro SS was just a fucking beast. Blew everything else out of the water.

The reason I'm not getting that is because it feels like your locked inside of a tank. Small, cramped interior with very high windows. I think I would love it for a weekend driver, but not a DD.

The back seat in the Camaro is literally useless. I don't know why it is even there. An adult couldn't sit back there at all.

Get BASE you dumb faggot, why spend thousands more for heated leather seats and heated mirrors and shit. For the car that it is it doesn't need all those luxury's

I will, just as soon as I take my cock out of your mother's ass.

How many asian girls will I be able to pick up if I get an STI? I'm ready to throw away my European genes on a nice little Vietnamese or Korean hottie.

STI Limited has full leather interior instead of stupid suede bullshit. It also has better infotainment and much better stereo among other options.

AND it gets BBS Wheels instead of shitty painted ones.

All this for a couple of grand? Why not?

I want to drive, not turn a fucking wrench and customize everything. I'll do that when the car is old.

fuck that noise, the red trimmed leather looks way worse

fuck a new gen STI it's slower than a WRX with 5k of mods

I own a 2016 WRX and I'm definitely satisfied with it, but if I could have afforded the STI I would've bought that, hands down.

The WRX's FA20DIT is a lot better, but that's it. It doesn't have hydraulic power steering, limited-slip diffs, Brembos, the boxer rumble, or the huge wing. You'll never notice any of that on the street, but the point is you have to give up a lot of cool shit with the WRX.

Also the STI's transmission is so much better. The WRX gearbox feels like shit and there is no reason for a 4-cylinder car to have two overdrive gears.

>go to subaru dealer to help friend close a deal
>closer to closing time sales person is relaxing near an STI inside
>all leaning on it and rubbing against it

rip paint

Both are red-trimmed leather. Here's how it goes:

WRX Limited: Black leather.

WRX STI: Alcantara (in the middle) with black and red leather bolsters.

WRX STI Limited: No Alcantara. Black and red leather throughout.

The Alcantara in the base STI is poorly done. It's cheap as fuck and looks it. It is NOT of a good quality. The leather in the WRX is a huge improvement.

AWESOME post! This is exactly what I wanted to know.

Okay you've sold me. STI it is.

I really really don't want a shitty gearbox....I've owned a few Mustangs in the past and the trannies were total shit...Never again. That gets so annoying on the day to day driving.

You will probably attract more asian boys than chicks.

wait, buy a 2018. Gonna be the new model breh

Just sold my current car. It had major problems in a ton of areas and now it sits (probably broken) in CarMax's lot.

I feel sad for the fucker who buys it. Carmax will do all sorts of shady shit to get it functional enough to re-sell and the new owner will be saddled with a lemon.

Don't ever buy from Carmax lads. Those idiots will buy any broken down shitbox and pawn it off on a new idiot.

Soooooo I need a new car ASAP.

Thanks for the heads up though. Maybe I'll sell it in 3-4 years and get the new model.

STI costs a lot more to operate.

>insurance
>tires
>brakes
>fuel

It also costs $10k more.

Still, AWD is boring as fuck to drive. It's only fun in the snow. Source: own a 2013 WRX and I don't like it.

>Will that matter much for street driving?

Literally not at all.

Sti is better in every way. People only settle for the wrx when they can't afford it. The sti 0-60 is still 4.8 vs the wrx of 5.2? But the sti tranny is God, and the interior is better with the carbon fiber looking shit everywhere.

>yfw last generation WRX is quickest to 60mph

Carmax sent it straight to auction. You should've fixed it.

Hi OP, i work at a subaru dealership.
part of my job is driving cars to another part of the state to other dealerships to trade our cars. Ive driven WRX's and STI's and and other subarus over 200 miles highway and city. if you have questions direct them to me and ill answer as best i can. thanks desu

>Sti is better in every way
except it's not. I guess the trans is good. you can dump the difference of wrx->sti price into mods and have just as quick car, without blowing your engine like you blow truck stop trannies

I literally have just come from shopping subaru wrx's with my friend and have 3 confirmed test drives

good god these things are fucking atrocious

it doesn't help that they also look like every sports car released today

back seats in 2 door sports cars are pretty much for car insurance purposes only fampai.

/r/ing the picture of the wrx concept "they said i could be anything I wanted so I became everything"

if you see it from the side, it only proves my point

but yes, I do have the pic

Suspension
si drive and dccd
Stiffer body
brembos
Already good sounding exhaust
Slightly nicer interior
Better clutch
Better tranny
13:1 versus 14.5:1 Hydraulic steering vs electric

But that's none of my business

I got a wrx over an sti literally two month ago. Test drove both several times and did a dickload of research. Two main reasons:

-sti still had the old 2.5l engine, wrx has the fa20 (introduced in 2015 I think) which allegedly fixed ringland issues and improved a whole bunch of stuff
-sti feels way too aggro for city driving as a dd. It's fun but I think I'd get sick of it very fast. It's basically not happy ever under 50km/h.

Overall I'm super happy with it. It's so much fun as a dd. Things you should know:
-road noise is bad. Get undercoat if your dealer offers it.
-shifting will feel like shit until the tranny breaks in. Don't worry about it.
-check your oil level, the turbo burns a bit of oil, apparently it's normal.
-don't boost hard until your engine is warmed up, you will fuck your turbo.
-don't do the retarded 10k service intervals. Change oil every 7k, do everything else as scheduled.
-starlink is shit, don't even bother

Why would you want hydraulic power steering over electric?

Also, the wrx had a limited slip differential.

Just get a wrx and throw a sti wing on it

Do not get the sti. The sti is all about the brands they use. Source: i looked at both and went with the wrx because i wanted to do all of the work myself

Starlink is shit, agreed. It could be something but it sucks in my 16 wrx