/fog/ - Fallout General

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uoMpJODLhpU
nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38527/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>65,000,000 BC - Lavos lands on earth. Humans become the dominant intelligent species on the planet. The technologically advanced dinosaur-like race flee Earth, their descendants becoming known as "Zetans"
>Some time before 12,000 BC: People learn to harness Lavos' power to create magic
>12,000 BC - Lavos breaks free of captivity and the high magic society of humans is destroyed
>600 AD - A time-travelling wizard uses magic to terrorize the world, but his conquest is suddenly stopped cold
>1191 - During the siege of Acre of the third crusade, a magic ritual is performed, ushering in a new but temporary age of magic
>1500s - Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
>1942 - Mankind once again experiments into the mysterious magical power of Lavos, this time tapping into a new source of magical energy known as the atom
>1998 - Lavos awakens from his slumber, causing great global catastrophe. He returns to his slumber before the world collapses entirely, but here and there the effects can be seen.
>2077 - The Great War
>2087 - Wasteland 1
>2102 - Wasteland 2
>2127 - Fountain of Dreams
>2161 - Fallout 1
>2197 - Fallout Tactics
>2208 - Fallout Brotherhood of Steel
>2241 - Fallout 2
>2277 - Fallout 3
>2281 - Fallout New Vegas
>2287 - Fallout 4
>2300 - The surface world of the Earth is dead, populated only by robots and horrible mutants. The surviving humans cling onto their meager existence in run-down vaults.

Only 13 years left to save the world

>tfw accidentally made a new thread because I didn't tihnk anybody else would
pls no bully

>Cool story. They're still wrong. They were garbage. NV didn't really have good DLC either, but both The Pitt and Point Lookout were fucking Lonesome Road tier of shit.
>NV didn't really have good DLC either
How can one person have such complete shit taste?

>hay guise dis my 1911 gun mod for the fallout 4 please endorse and donate
>thnks to millania for his videoes to make weapon

PS4 Mods when?

All of NV's DLC were terrible

>go to place, take all of your gear away, can't leave until you sock josh sawyer's cock
>go to place, take all of your gear away, can't leave until you suck chris avellone's cock
>go to place, take all of your gear away, can't leave until MEMES DICK JOKES HAHAHA
>etc
>etc

>ITT one group of salty dumb niggers baits another group of salty dumb niggers

Anyone know if beantown brewery bottles respawn after waiting?
Hurting for rubber and glass. Making pretty homes.

>sock
>HH didn't take your stuff away
>LR didn't take your stuff away and actually let you leave and return at any time
holy jeebus just go to bed user, your trolls are falling short

It didn't. OWB was the wacky zany bullshit people hated about FO3 wrapped into a single DLC. Dead Money was absolutely atrocious if you're not into survival horror and if I wanted that I would have purchased STALKER and not Fallout. Lonesome Road was an abomination of man with such a mixed philosophical message that even Nietzsche would consider it edgy. The only half-ass decent DLC was Honest Hearts and even it was mediocre. The overall running theme between them was good, the actual DLC was shit.

HH imposed a weight limit.

>DM
>survival horror
ohh man, is this bait?

>sock

That wasn't a typo

HEY YOU GUYS ARE BROWSING /fog/

THE WORST GENERAL ON Veeky Forums

>The only half-ass decent DLC was Honest Hearts
You mean the DLC thats usually considered the worst of the bunch, or tied with LR as the worst?

You never cease to amaze how fucking weird and backwards your taste it.

the worst is /tesg/ because its been entirely overrun by waifu shitters

>carrying more than 100 lbs. of gear anyway
pls

Would rather have waifu shitters than constant shitposting about how awful the games are.

>dropped in the middle of nowhere with no weapons, equipment, or items against enemies that have to be dismembered to killed and told to go fetch shit
Subsequent playthroughs may be easy, but that first one on survival absolutely is a survival horror scenario, whether you shuck and jive or not.

>using pleb taste as a measure of quality ever
You can go in the garbage with the rest of the plebs and their beloved shit DLC

Mothership Zeta > Operation Anchorage > Point Lookout > Broken Steel = The Pit Tbh

I would rather have the shit posters DESU.

They are at least funny to watch

please tell me you're the sort of retard who thinks that it's appropriate to list things in terms of quality by using ">" as an arrow and that you don't in fact have godawful taste.

Not him, but its obviously bait

Could someone please pack up TOP into .ba2's and upload it to mega or something anons like me will shut up forever?
I was going to do it but apparently some paths with my operating system fuck it up, so it just spits out error messages

Mothership Zeta

>New enemies, new interesting setting, new weapons, feels very fresh

Operation Anchorage

>New interesting setting, Outcasts, a few different game modes, would've been great if FO3's FPS mechanics weren't bad

Point Lookout

>Some poignant emotional tie-ins to the main questline, nice large open area to play around in, not forced or locked into it, come and go as you please, some nice spoopy atmosphere, everything the Cabot questline should've been

Broken Steel

>More Enclave, lets you continue the game after the end

The Pitt

>All in all a terrible experience, the only highlight I can think of is the slum gladiator arena quest

I've seen people in these generals use the formatting before, and I'm at the point in my night where I'm hoping the world isn't awful.
oh dear lord that actually sounds like a real opinion.

Yes, but the respawn timer resets every time you enter the cell, I think. Leave it alone for an in-game week and it will respawn, it will take longer in survival.

>All in all a terrible experience, the only highlight I can think of is the slum gladiator arena quest
The Pitt was probably the best DLC in terms of narrative, an actual grey morality questline were both options actually do suck equally.

John Henry Eden gave the best speeches.

Even if they were all obviously full of shit, he made you believe.

youtube.com/watch?v=uoMpJODLhpU

I'm on my first playthough of FO4, and am currently at the point where I have to decide who to build the teleporter with. How would I go about blowing up the Brotherhood with the Minutemen, but still keeping Danse as a companion?

>Blow up the brotherhood
>Keep a synth around

Absolutely degenerate

why do you want to blow up the BoS m8?

No, Ashur is definitely better, unless you adhere to the fantasy that people are equal, in which case you have abandoned objectivity and probably sleep in the cuck-shed while filthy Trogs rail your wife.

The only to keep Danse is join the minuteman and blow up institute

I never really cared for them desu, and the big battle at the Castle after blowing up the Prydwen sounds pretty fun.

>not caring for the best hope for the east coast

Nah.

>implying the best hope for the East Coast isn't the Institute under a sufficiently nice and competent SS.

>nice

Mediocre

>Implying the SS wil change how The Institute operates

>Institute: You're wearing a lab coat. You're standing with... men of science. Visionaries. Brilliant but misunderstood. I see a land marked up, like a great experiment. Each test a new beginning. Each sacrifice an acceptable loss. You will not be loved, but you will save humanity. However you choose to define it.

>Minutemen: You're standing with... the people. Working together. United. I see a land filled with hope again. Fear falls away as the brave step forward to join the ranks. You're a hero. A symbol for a better world. Our world.

>BoS: You're wearing a suit of steel and energy. You're standing with... your brothers. Your mission. Accomplished. I see a land secured, contained. Dangerous objects taken from those who don't understand. Those who can't be trusted. You are the uniform, and you wear it well. And your rank and chain of command protect you better than the thickest armor.

>Railroad: You're wearing a mask. You're standing with... outcasts. The underdogs. The lanterns in the dark. I see a world that will never know your sacrifice. You have led the enslaved to freedom, but they must still hide from those who don't understand. But you'll be there for them. You'll see their humanity when no one else will. You'll be their guardian in the shadows.

>implying that ending isn't open ended as fuck

>A silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight.

>I see a land marked up, like a great experiment. Each test a new beginning. Each sacrifice an acceptable loss. You will not be loved
aka, exactly how the Institute operates

The best ending is obviously Outstitute ending

If only it gave you her powers.

So Institute is best end

Still doesn't mean that the Institute is going to fully fuck the Commonwealth with science. Especially since the decision who who gets saved is pretty explicitly left up to you.

Worth it.

One note to make about these visions is that the BoS, Railroad, and Institute visions are all mutually exclusive, and require you beat the game with that faction.

The Minutemen vision only requires you help them retake the Castle.

Its actually possible to get a BoS/Railraod/Institute vision, then give her more drugs, and then get the Minuteman vision next.

nukaworld please please please have an alternate raider faction ending

>implying raiders give a shit

>people download, endorse, and PLAY THE GAME with horrible real world weapon mods
>NV fags will defend service rifle, the garand, assault carbine, and the all-american models
>that laughable m16 is the top endorsed weapon mod on nexus
>followed by several laughable reskins of the vanilla assault rifle with that chunk on the grip

People really don't care what their game is do they

What's the Nuka Raider vision?

Thanks user. I actually looked up an unlimited resource glitch
no more waiting for this consolefag

I never thought I'd see the day when I found someone else who hated the shit out of rl gun weapon mods. That shit is seriously the god damn worse.

Not him, but I hate most gun mods, or gun retextures, because 99% of them look like someone took a picture of a piece of metal with scratches on it, then applied a sharpen filter 500 times on it, then slapped it on the gun model and went "yep, this is acceptable!"

I have real world guns modded in for variety sake, but either make sure your shit is correct or make sure it's your own whacky fallout model. not some hilarious halfassed attempt at modeling a real gun while clearly not even looking at reference pictures.

Someone hacked this mod page, fucking hilarious

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38527/?

this mod being the main mod I keep installed due it not being fucking retarded, despite the new vegas textures

Uh... why wouldn't people defend the Service Rifle, the Garand and the All-American. The AR-15 was designed in the 1950's and the M4/Assault Carbine/Marksman's Rifle/All-American is a natural dovetail off that design. The Garand was in use before the divergence.

>le divergence meme

see

>canon is a meme
>non-canon autistic shit spewing isn't

as i said, theyre horribly innaccurate reproductions of real weapons.

they make sense lore-wise, im not arguing that. i'm ragging on the accuracy of the models, which is poor for most weapons.

-2077: Great War.
-2110: Institute is founded by CiT students who survived the war by hiding in the basement of CiT.
-2178: Institute acquires FEV from an outside source, and begins experimenting on Commonwealth subjects in the hope of perfecting FEV strains to use in their synthetic organics project. This results in the creation of the first Commonwealth super mutants.
-2180: First super mutant horde grows large enough to launch an attack on Diamond City, and is driven off by the Minutemen in their first act of fame.
-2180s: Sometime around this time, or possibly several years before, DiMA and Nick Valentine, two prototype Gen 2.5 synths, escape from the Institute. Nick remains in the Commonwealth while DiMA eventually makes his way to Far Harbor.
-2204: Curie perfects her cure for all known disease, and awaits further orders from Vault-Tec.
-2224: Institutes maxes out FEV research possible with the DNA taken from the radiation corrupted wastelanders. Institute scientists seek a new source of pure DNA to continue the project.
-2227: Institute finds records of Vault 111, and the infant Shaun, leading them to kidnap him for his pure DNA.
-2229: First early model Gen 3 is accidentally released into the wasteland where it goes to Diamond City, and shoots up the market, in what becomes known as the Broken Mask Incident.
-2240: Goodneighbor founded by criminals exiled from Diamond City.
-2242: Armitage and A3-21(Harkness) are built by The Institute.
-2247: Minutemen lose The Castle after a mirelurk queen attack.
-2263: Earliest known records of the Railroad. Railroad leader Agamemnon killed during Courser raid, Wyatt takes over.
-2273: Railroad leader Wyatt killed during Courser raid, Pinky takes over.
-2277: Pinky steps down as leader of the Railroad, Desdemona takes over. Vault 81 opens its doors to the Commonwealth for the first time. Madison Li leaves the Capital Wasteland for The Commonwealth, eventually making contact with The Institute.
(cont)

Spring cleaning, scrap scrap or Scrap Everything?

Ohh yeah Lavos. Forgot that part about Lavos in fallout 3.

-2278: Oywn Lyons and his daughter Sarah Lyons die, throwing the Eastern BoS leadership into chaos.
-2280: BoS send thier first squad into the Commonwealth. They return loaded with technology and historical documents.
-2282: General Becker dies, throwing the Minutemen's leadership into chaos, and causing their decline. Mayor McDonough makes his Anti-ghoul decree, causing all ghouls to be thrown out of Diamond City.
-2283: Arthur Maxson becomes the leader of the Eastern BoS after negotiating the return of the BoS Outcasts.
-2284: BoS send their second squad into the Commonweatlh. All but Paladin Brandis are quickly killed off, and contact is lost.
-2285: University Point wiped out by Kellogg.
-2287: Father releases his Mother/Father from Vault 111, beginning Fallout 4 proper.

There's no canon "divergence point"

Fundamental properties of the universe are different in Fallout

There is a canon divergence point: 1947 when the transistor isn't invented.

Not him but the canon divergence point was when AYYs kidnapped a Japanese samurai.

How do you know that Ayys didn't kidnap Japanese samurai in our timeline?

Some samurai getting kidnapped isn't a significant event that we can explicitly point out as to not happening in our own timeline.

>implying aliens didn't kidnap a Japanese samurai

>implying god didn't make the unvierse just for us
Do I smell heresy?

>Transistor wasn't invented, therefore aliens, psykers, a nuclear blast to the face can turn someone into a ghoul, viruses can magically transform people and animals into horrible abominations, etc.

Well, in Fallout's timeline, Lorenzo Cabot discovered a Lovecraftian city under the sands of the middle east in 1894

And in 1895, the propane fuel company Schoelt was founded

We also know Sunset Saperilla was made in 1918

Vim was founded in 1931

>things that could happen but haven't yet because different timeline

>We also know Sunset Saperilla was made in 1918
As a family recipe, it wasn't bottled and sold commercially until the 2040's iirc.

It's actually stated that alien technology was used by the US government to make a lot of their technology, so it's not that crazy to assume aliens caused the divergence.

that comes from the Fallout 3 game guide which is only dubiously canon given how much shit it makes up with no in-game refrences

Science works differently in the Fallout universe. It's based off of RPG dice rolling mechanics. Repeating the same experiment 100 times with the exact same conditions will always fail at least 5% of the time for no other reason than pure chaos. This has a huge change on the universe and the trajectory of mankind.

Aliens, psykers and ghouls wouldn't suddenly pop into existencr

aliens are probably a thing actually. The universe is too fucking big for them to not be.

Them having the tech and reason to visit us, is an entirely different one.

>Aliens, psykers and ghouls wouldn't suddenly pop into existencr
And you know this how? Ayys are pretty much confirmed. The others haven't even happened yet in a contemporary Fallout timeline.

>believing liberal scientists
Next you'll be talking about "global warming" and "dinosaurs"

>Some advanced human technologies were created by using alien technology, such as the AI project number 59234, created in the 2050s, which manages the entire Sierra Army Depot Skynet, the device blocking telepathic and psychic commands, the psychic nullifier[6] and probably the advanced accelerated organic tissue regeneration processes gel mostly used for brain bots (robobrain, humanoid brain bot, think tank), and the bio med gel developed at the Boulder Dome.

It's a divergent reality where those kinds of things are possible and do happen

The entire point was that it wouldn't be caused by the transistor not being invented, it would have to be an alternate universe.

Skynet being "ayy technology was dismissed by Avellone.

the idea the psychic nullifer was based on ayy tech comes fro mthe Fallout 1 game guide, which, like its Fallout 3 counterpart, is full of made up shit not referenced in-game.

That's a point of reference for the divergence

>what are government coverups

Mothership Zeta just confirms it all if anything.

>MZ
>canon
>not a joke DLC since it was the last DLC

Spring cleaniing if you want something which has always worked pretty well.

Scrap everything if you need to do that and aren't so worried about shit going horribly wrong.

scrap scrap if you want to use the one no one uses.

So Lonesome Road was a non-canon joke?

I mean it's a nice thought, that avellone wasn't merely a shit writer but just not a very good comedian.

>implying MZ isn't canon
>implying Lionheart isn't canon
>implying Wasteland isn't canon
>implying Chrono Trigger isn't canon
>implying Dr Who isn't canon
>implying Star Trek isn't canon
>implying Holy Grail isn't canon

wew

So you know how they did the television bit in 4....

Could you get things like that to turn up on your pip-boy?

Who is this meme demon!

never from what i can tell
it seems sony is being a cunt about things

fucking legion