/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, etc.

/sthg/ - #523 - Bad Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LzfbYI7wi0I
youtube.com/watch?v=snqQlTaXsTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

fast

speed is my game

This is thread #524, by the way.

>[embed]
user...

For future reference don't just copy and paste, delete the "embeds" too.

Autistic Amy

Retard Sally

Bimbo Blaze

>Bad Edition
>AGAIN

sorry, i didnt notice that, my bad

>This is thread #524, by the way.
you are right, again my bad
hopefully i wont mess up next time

It's okay. We all mess up sometimes.

What would be the dumbest thing Retard!Sally could do? (Keeping in mind that in this instance, the only thing that's changed is that Sally is retarded, everyone else is relatively the same)

She had Mina sing at her birthday party

I was assuming that Retard!Sally was basically post-reboot, but sure, this works too.

I was thinking anything goes here. But if were to assume a rebooted universe

>Thought Nicole was a ghost or burglar when they first met

>>Thought Nicole was a ghost or burglar when they first met
I thought it was that time she tried to clean Nicole by putting her in a bath.

But sure, anything goes here

>Or she's literally a cardboard box with a lynx face on it that Retard!Sally talks to because she thinks its a supercomputer

I want to see art of this so badly

Installing Windows 10 onto Nicole

Installing Windows Vista onto Nicole

That must have been horrible for her. I bet Sally falls for all those ads claiming she can get a free Ipad too

new game predictions:

Sonic Mania: will be average, but classic fags will jizz so hard on it, the reviews will be higher than it deserves.

Sonic 2017: Something goes horribly wrong in the last few months of dev. Buggy incomplete beta version is released as final. Better finished version will never be dumped.

I want to be wrong, but I've lost hope completely

Vanilla the Rabbit with Aspergers

>Mania
It will be good, but will leave people wanting way more new zones than they are going to get, and the level choices for the remastered levels will be a bit lacking.

There's too little info on 2017 to make any real prediction yet.

>want to start speedrunning sonic 2
>current genesis controller is awful with sticky buttons
>find someone on craigslist nearby selling genesis stuff
>has five controllers
>go to check them out
>all five feel terrible, one being even worse than the one I have now
>feel bad because the controllers were all I was interested in but pick up kid chameleon from him so I don't leave empty handed
>still stuck with my shitty pad
>scared to buy from ebay in fear of getting an equally bad controller

why does it have to be so hard to just go fast

You have any classic game stores nearby? Maybe a thrift shop?

IIRC, open up the controller, take a pink pearl eraser to the board. It should take off a lot of black residue and the buttons will work better.

My area is 100% ded when it comes to any game stores that aren't gamestop. Also doesn't help that every thrift store I've ever been to here when I used to go hunting never carries any sega stuff. Guess the genesis just didn't take off here.
Do you know if that works for the dpad as well? It's kinda funky along with the buttons. I'll maybe give it a go on my current one but the other issue with the thing is the main wire being torn open, which as of now I've held the insides with electrical tape.

>getting told to move to the next thread

W-well that was embarrassing.

Yes you definitely are embarrassing user

No bully. I don't want to be reminded of real life. So how about that Sonic, everyone? He sure is fast, isn't he?

This is sad, poor Sally

Yeah it works on the dpad too. I'm not sure about the wires. Just see if cleaning helps first, there should be guides online if you're hesitant.

Yeah I mean I figured I'd see if it works well on mine then buy one without a fucked up wire. Thanks for the advice though, hoping it works!

You are a blessing user. Can you do Sally throwing Nicole's handheld into the bath next?

>Runs on donuts

I'm jealous

It makes sense Sally's "friend" is run by food, since Sally herself is powered by potatoes. Well, more like she IS a potato, but I digress

> Sally is a potato

There is a certain charm to a dazed-drunk Sally in emerald green spats slurring her words as she tells you shehs the prinschess but Shonic doeshnt love her any morrrre sinsh he rebooteded the universh

I would like that more than the one we have

This is starting to sound like some weird brain drain fetish thing. Are you tricking these drawfags to get you off user

how do you know about the cheetos, who told you?

>youtube.com/watch?v=LzfbYI7wi0I

What the fuck is this bullshit and why do you guys let it run rampant.

Is that a Totino's brand chip I see Eggman munching on?

He looks like he's having fun eating them

I said there was charm, so obviously I am.

But then again the only drawfaggotry I've ever induced in 5 years on 4chins is a crayon picture of a weeping Jeff Goldblum, so my hopefulness approaches the asymptotic limit of zero.

A joke no one remembered to remove from the OP.

>Completely copy pasted OP
>No number change
>No edition change
>No removal
>No dumb SFM video removal
I'm just going to assume this was your first time making a new thread but you're still a dumb cunt.

She's all washed up

BAD edition

>#523
>Bad Edition

>Sonic Mania's Hidden Character Trailer:
>youtube.com/watch?v=LzfbYI7wi0I

phone poster ?

>My life .jpeg

wakey wakey

Sonic Mania is looking good

I don't know what it is, but there's something off with that spindash in that webm.

Slap the Sonic

you're right, it's like it went to max charge instantly.

I just think they made it so you can perform it faster and launch off with more speed with out revving to balance with the drop dash. I think Sonic is going to be faster in this game.

I can't say that bothers me, considering how we have much more visibility in front of us now.

This game looks like it's going to be so much fun to play time attack in, which is my favorite part of playing Sonic.

It should have leaderboards, so that should be fun until someone hacks them

The real question is, how will Tails be? Will he play like classic in 2 where he can't fly, or 3&K?

what do you think

I want to slap sonic

He'll probably fly if him being able to fly in CD's & (I think) 2's remake mean anything.

He will be able to fly since that's the only thing that makes him unique. They already got that programed in the Retro Engine when they made him playable in Sonic 1-2 & CD remastered

I kinda drew something like that a while back.

kek

executor?

No?

>Tails not being able to fly
well that's one way of balancing him :^)
other way is making his fly ability being almost irrelevant by making it last really short time

it's almost impossible to balance Tails in 2D game without making him useless or designing the level around him

The ability to fly tends to do that to platforming games

so found this thing and bought it for my siblings
time to ruin their lifes :^)

But it's not a bad game

I liked Riders though, it also had a cool opening animation

fuking phone autocorrection

>Sonic will always be the punching bag the Gaming industry.

don't fuck with Ty.

If you wanted to ruin them, you should have bought the OTHER Sonic game from 2006.

Sonic Riders is fine, it's the sequels that are garbage.

Never played Zero G, what ruined that game>

dunno, I liked it

also bought SASR and ShtH

rivals :^)?

nothing people just need to git gud

>ShtH
ABSOLUTE MADMAN

I never played Generations and I avoided spoilers, but how did Classic Sonic work? He's a younger version of Sonic so have S1-3 been retconned to take place when Sonic was like 12? That doesn't rub me right.

>ages

Generations works by fan service. Don't fucking think about it. Classic and Modern are the same age. It's just a visual difference everything from both series happened in one year. Ages are bullshit.

Mania looks too much like a fan-hack to me. It's not like NSMB1 where it's obviously new but emulating the old.

I rather it looks like this then the NSMB series. It looks fine. If you want something like NSMB, play Sonic 4 Ep 2.

We have no clue how Classic Sonic works. Also, Generations has very minimal story.

Why was SA's soundtrack a million times better than SA2's?
youtube.com/watch?v=snqQlTaXsTc

What if Sonic Mania's story explains why and how Classic Sonic shows up in Project 2017?

I wouldn't say it's a 'million times better', each game has some great songs, I wouldn't say one is overall better than the other.

I can't even remember the last time I was actually excited for a game.

I remember hearing the plot was: It's Sonic's birthday. A younger version of himself pops up because reasons. Stuff happens.

Sa2 is nothing but electric guitar it gets real boring

Close enough.
They just get ripped out of their own time into some white void and have to fix it to get back to their own time.

It's going to be great

We don't know if Classic is younger Sonic or not.

I wrote it off and didn't care, since I assumed Generations was just a non-canon fanservice game, but with Classic returning for 2017, I expect some actual answers eventually.

>We don't know if Classic is younger Sonic or not.
He's not
> I expect some actual answers eventually
Your not, and if you do they will be contradictory and retcon'd soon after

Sonic with fur on his arms is something I didn't know I wanted but now I want in the main games. His arms being furless is weird.

It was their big Sonic revival and their major launch title for the Dreamcast