/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #390

Comfyfield Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay to rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630/
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction:
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/10777818
strawpoll.me/10793876
strawpoll.me/10811162
strawpoll.me/10863496
strawpoll.me/10863843
strawpoll.me/10871675
strawpoll.me/10882668

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10722128/r
orph.link/lisgsings
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865860
kat.cr/various-artists-life-is-strange-ost-2015-t11495485.html
mega.nz/#F!LtpkTbhD!hjUsXMHSdmQTvzYFz3H7_w
play.spotify.com/user/pieisablessing2me/playlist/0hlcayMf9otvePDw2MZ6qk
mega.nz/#!GxISxYjC!__ao7xDyUPLOXwxHJxmtK_-cN2n4gDXNCgAaY7tDPRQ
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=Fe358vPzjSI
strawpoll.me/4057456/r
strawpoll.me/4701621/r
strawpoll.me/5111578/r
strawpoll.me/5959308/r/
strawpoll.me/6755376/r/
pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=5
youtube.com/watch?v=x7SLQYnkUXc
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Without having seen him you love him; though you do not now see him you believe in him and rejoice with unutterable and exalted joy.

So how many people that post here are actually men?

make a poll and find out

Would you rather be Max in a lesbian relationship with Chloe or Chloe in a lesbian relationship with Max

We just had a poll : strawpoll.me/10722128/r

Fucking hell that's surprising

It is. We used to have a lot more females.

Wow, that's actually exactly what I guessed it would be before clicking it

First one. Without powers. Id just sex on people all the time if I could reverse time.

I wonder what scared them off?

I could never live up to being as perfect as either one!

Hello everyone!
We (a bunch of regulars and ex regulars) are organizing a /lisg/ sings. The song we are going to be singing is Glass walls.
As you may know the song has male and female parts. You can either do both or pick one.
Here is a download with the lyrics and the song: orph.link/lisgsings

>How do I record this?
Use Audacity or something, there are plenty of programs that do this. If you don’t have a mic just use your phone.
Try singing the whole song in 1 go, you can leave out the male or female part depending on which you do. This makes it easier to edit. If you want to do both just record it twice.
Make sure it is JUST YOUR VOICE. No song in the background.

>Okay how do I send in my files?
Email your files to [email protected]
You can add them in the attachment or upload them somewhere where the files can be downloaded from. Try to avoid Vocaroo as it makes the quality shit.

>When is the deadline
You can send in your files till the 15th of August.
If you’re a little later it’s not too bad, the editing won’t start right away but try to do it before then.

>I can’t sing!!!
No one gives a shit, it’s just for fun. Try to join when you can!

That shit sounds hella gay, like for real though.

That shit sounds gay

...wouldn't that make it hella appropriate then?

Bitch you made me crack a smile

Just taking over since Pooh hasn't been here.

Eventually I will put together a flowchart of similar music, like the /mu/ ones. Got a few ideas working, but to busy to do anything with them.

If you want to contribute, please contact me on steam, or reply to this post.
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198048865860

Thanks to photoshopgril for putting together the background image and the second chart,
polaroidgril for assembling the album covers/artist names/etc. onto the background image,
Dr. Zaius for helping in general.

I have a torrent of all the games music, Morali's OST, the Vortex Club party, all the licensed songs (most in lossless format), and all the albums they were taken from.

Magnet link:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4AF55CE2E1F48771E92E4CCE8E92156EC6A96152&dn=various+artists+life+is+strange+ost+2015&tr=udp%3A%2F%2F9.rarbg.me%3A2710%2Fannounce&tr=udp%3A%2F%2Fopen.demonii.com%3A1337

I will be seeding this for the foreseeable future, so even if it says no seeds, leave it up long enough, and I'll come online. PC can't be on 24/7, you know?

kat.cr/various-artists-life-is-strange-ost-2015-t11495485.html

Alternative download on MEGA, if you get it from here, please add the files to your torrent folder to facilitate easier downloads for others.

mega.nz/#F!LtpkTbhD!hjUsXMHSdmQTvzYFz3H7_w

Spotify playlist of the licensed music here:
play.spotify.com/user/pieisablessing2me/playlist/0hlcayMf9otvePDw2MZ6qk
It's better than the official one. Really.

FLAC rip of official OST from the limited edition, courtesy of polaroidgril.

mega.nz/#!GxISxYjC!__ao7xDyUPLOXwxHJxmtK_-cN2n4gDXNCgAaY7tDPRQ

Which LIS girl is the most ticklish?

Victoria

Kate

I want to see Max tickle Chloe. At first Chloe is like 'nah dude, I'm not ticklish, c'mon' but then Max finds just the right spot and they get into a tickle fight and Max manages to pin a flustered Chloe to the bed and then kisses her on the nose, and Chloe calls her a dork.

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't doe,or butterfly,bluejay or even shit.
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it.
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

youtube.com/watch?v=Fe358vPzjSI

Does anyone have that album of music people said Max would enjoy? It was posted months ago last I remember.

I think a much bigger portion of the early adopters of the game were female, and when the successful marketing strategy of making the first episode free hit Steam, the demographics changed.

Sorry what was the question again?

>using the underwear version
F- Fair enough.

Ye, we do. We shouldn't need them anytime soon though!

Why would we get shut down?

If anything happens and it shouldn't, I'll redirect orph.link/lisg to the backup instead.

You can cutepost in peace now.

> successful marketing strategy of making the first episode free hit Steam

i'm still waiting for ''The Biggest Downfall of acquisitive Square Enix and Frenchnod''

Considering how much LOL FUCKING SJW FEMINIST BULLSHIT LMAO there was in the early days (not that it ever stopped, but you know what I mean), it wouldnt shock me if that turned the average male 4channer away from looking at it too close at first.

I never noticed Jefferson's tattoo on his concept art before. Kinda interesting. The tattooed characters all have a big tie to Rachel (Chloe, Frank, Rachel herself), I wonder if that was supposed to be some foreshadowing? (Or I guess it could have just been like "it hints at a part of his life that isn't defined by the trendy haircut and suit")

It'll probably happen after live action movie.

A tribal/gang tattoo on his freaking hand like that would have probably put me into "THIS GUY IS A PEDO FREAK" Mari-territory within the first few seconds of seeing him.

For reference, some of the previous polls on /lisg/ genders are stored in the archive linked in the OP post.

From thread 26:
strawpoll.me/4057456/r

From thread 66:
strawpoll.me/4701621/r

From thread 107:
strawpoll.me/5111578/r

The ratio of male/female has crept up over time, but we've always had many more men than women.

You missed a few.

>thread 231
strawpoll.me/5959308/r/
>thread 297
strawpoll.me/6755376/r/

after reading this my stories aren't so bad

Yes/no.

He used to be a scene photographer, his magazine covers are posted around the classroom. Such tattoos wouldn't necessarily point to anything malicious, they'd have a perfectly reasonable explanation in context.

But the same is true about a lot of other Jefferson stuff that people still latched on to prior to the reveal. It was my eye rolling at this that started the "MARI WAS RIGHT" meme this time last year ... which was always been misplaced given that I named Mari as one of the better examples, as she prefaced her Jefferson theory video as "a baseless accusation", which was entirely my point. :^)

Morning /lesg/!

Have a great day!

Guh'mawn'n user

Yours are weirdling charming, in a totally disgusting way.

But some people are just sick.

Aaah Mari...

I wonder what's she doing right now

>yfw she's gonna influence Season 2 and live-action series

>they'd have a perfectly reasonable explanation in context
As perfectly reasonable as a hand tattoo ever can be... :p

But obviously my reply was meant to reflect that unreasonable response to his character that I know you vehemently argued in the past was uncalled for. (And I agree, while there's stuff to get iffy about with Jefferson from the get-go, the instant "he's creepy and wants to sex his students" response was always pretty alienating to me too, both from a factual and sentimental perspective. Let a man be a teacher! These baseless accusations are projections and as such reflect their own biases more than the accused's. ...Even though in this case it was easier to call and ultimately ended up being true.)

You have a great day!

Which reminds me, we never did get to hear from anyone that's attended that Chicago market research gig. What gives?

SEESAW

Actually might play a different game on steam today, several weeks (pls no bully) after finishing LiS and never opening it since.

I actually had a good night's sleep last night for the first time in ages! So I hope I will. And you too.

>Mari's baseless accusations:
>''Jeff is bad guy'' (after the leaks people here had already been known that Jefferson was the possible bad guy tho)
>''Chloe is trans because blue jay duh''
>''ooh hopi prophecy. makes sense!!!''
>''pregnancy test is connected with Max's powers!!!!!''
>''homeless women is Max because they are eating same cereals''
>''but also, Max is Rachel''
>''Taylor has eating disorders because she's brushing her teeth at the nightime''

>pregnancy test is connected with max's powers
what the fuck?

Max, what did you do?!

REWIND THIS

What's up with Chloe's philtrum?

>daily reminder that it's confirmed that the blue butterfly is storm summoner (the harbinger of disaster) This means, it became clear that the storm's still coming in Bay ending

Can(not) Rewind

those faces do not look human

Pretty. Looks almost like a figma.

lol lad it's been like 9 months since you first started this

>"What's a figma now?"
>*googles*
>action figure line
>...produced by Max Factory
>CEO of Max Factory, MAX Watanabe

I believe your are right!

wtf is that pic

Horrible, that's what.

Now wait, before you discard it completely, it's supposed to represent both endings. Left is obviously Bay, but right side is them holding hands as the storm passes - i. e. BAE.

BAE is right, so to speak.

Is her middle name Ella?

pyx-1.pretendyoure.xyz/zy/game.jsp#game=5
>password: lis

That's supposed to be a joke, but I will still say it's Elizabeth.

drink bleach nigger

no u

Woah user don't cut yourself on that edge. I hope you have a good day too.

Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven.

Besides, the duality of that highlights something I've argued before: The existence of the Bay ending makes the BAE all the more impactful. Makes it a thing at all, even: they are convinced there's a way to "save everybody", make "everything well again"... but Max sticks to Chloe. Same for Warren. His mere existence reinforces Max's romantical love for Chloe: there's a boy, he's obviously into her, she thinks he's a good guy, cute even... but she only has eyes for Chloe.

That's that ying-yang shit; things only have a right to exist because of their opposite's existence and vice versa - the reciprocal nature of everything. Not the good without the bad, life without death, and so on.

Kek

this

>try listening to Local Natives other music because Mt. Washington is great
>it's all shit

very disappointed desu

You posted this before while I was gone!

"11:11" is a great song. It's a great Chloe/Rachel song especially. I like "Bowery" too. There's a handful of songs of them I like, but you are right, with how much Mt. Washington resonated with me through LiS, it's disappointing how flat most of their other stuff feels.

post chloe-core

youtube.com/watch?v=x7SLQYnkUXc

>Found in the game files
Source pls.

"OTP" doesn't even begin to cover it

Mogwai is really inconsistent too. I played Spec Ops: The Line and "Glasgow Mega Snake" is great. I don't like any of their other songs.

This.

However self deluded ignorant cucks still don't get it and living in their their own imaginary world

>The existence of the Bay ending makes the BAE all the more impactful. Makes it a thing at all, even: they are convinced there's a way to "save everybody", make "everything well again"... but Max sticks to Chloe.

I'd argue that the fork itself is what is important and makes BAE so impactful. Not the existence of the bay ending itself.

TLOU did not need a bay choice ingame to create an ending that still sends shivers down my spine. All that was needed was that we have the knowledge that if he wanted, he could've gone the other way.
And the fact that it was never in the cards, never an option ingame, never crossed his mind, gives it a hell of an impact regardless.

How could you?!

No one cares that this might be a actual leak? Ok, rip.

I'm sure she's just getting rid of leaves that fell off of Lisa as new ones grew on

Well, call it "possibility", then. It's still a choice. Obviously the alternative doesn't have to exist as an actual game option if it is narratively implied/established... But if it does exist as the former, it does make ~your~ decision as a player more impactful.

A common sentiment here is that some of us always knew that if it was going to come down to a choice between Chloe and anything else, we'd pick Chloe. I suppose actually being able to make that choice must have felt good, however illogical one might think the entire setup altogether, or the opposite choice specifically is. Even if you think Max would always commit to Chloe, here ~you~ can too.

There always was some suspicious E6/7/8 stuff in the files. Or at least one text file alluding to possible episodes stretching to in-game sunday. But that picture just looks like a junkyard Jefferson silhouette with rewind effects.

Where exactly was that hidden away at?

>If anyone who paid attention into game and didn't miss any details, pretty knows that Max wouldn't let Chloe go like that.

>If anyone who didn't pay attention into game, only focused on muh feels and missed details (plebbittors), always self-inserts himself with main character like she's a blank-slate rpg character and plays this game like it's an rpg morality simulator (also thanks to game developers who also don't know difference between a choice based game and an rpg game; pretending like they've created a game like Skyrim)

>our nightmares after episode 5

silhouette looks like Chloe; that decision screen with Frank at junkyard

or maybe it's another ''Nothing was cut:)'' stuff

>There are people who enjoyed episode 5

That's the larger nightmare.

What was wrong with it?

What wasn't?