Hot rods are stupidly over priced

Hot rods are stupidly over priced.

Back in the 50's kids who couldn't afford corvettes and jaguar e types...

So they made do with the old 1930s cars they could afford.

They were poor so they made their 1930s cars into poor imitations of cars like the ones you see at the top.

These days people are actually willing to pay more for a hot rod than a genuine performance car of the 40's or 50's... that mind you kids with hot rods would have refereed if they had more money.

This is just fucking dumb.

Other urls found in this thread:

hotrodplans.com/build-a-hotrod-for-under-3000/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>people buy what they want
>op gets mad

I am just saying a hot rod should cost like 10-20k max.

It's dumb to spend that much money on a hot rod instead of a proper vintage sports car.

Back in the 90's, kids who couldn't afford supras and NSX's...

So they made do with the old 1970's cars they could afford.

They were poor so they made their 1970's cars into poor imitations of the carsick the one you see at the top.

These days people are actually willing to pay more for a hotrod than a genuine performance car of the 60's or 70's...that mind you kids with hotrods would have refereed if they had more money.

What OP doesn't realize is that these "hotrods" are worth more than their genuine, original counterparts because of the huge amount of money put into restoring and performance mods

It's scarcity due to time. You can still build a fox body for $10k, but in sixty years foxes are going to be expensive as fuck, if only because there will be so few of them left. I'm not sure why you don't understand this simple concept.

>the market value as determined by supply and demand is wrong!

Only difference is 1970s cars aren't poor imitations of more modern cars unless you bastardise them by fitting more modern engines, wheels tyres and brakes.

Also 240zs aren't more expensive than more high end sports cars of the same era.

>Huge amount of money into restoring them and parts.

And what their performance counterparts are free to restore?

Get a civic. That's the hot rod of your generation.

Shut up

In 1999 the 30 year old 1969 Camaro was highly desirable and the price reflected it
The 30 year old 1986 Mustang is a shit heap that only poor people buy. 10 more years is not going to change that.

>muscle car was desirable in malaise era
>malaise car is not desirable in muscle car era
What is the point you were trying to prove?

>thinking fox bodies are not going to appreciate significantly
I think this thread is hilarious btw. The topis is literally "Why are worthless cars from the 20s and 30s that were handbuilt into performance cars for the 50s and 60s so expensive in the 2010s?" and yet idiots can't see that this is exactly what's happening right now with restomods of 60s and 70s cars and won't be long before will start happening with 80s cars as well. I may have to buy another fox body while people are still dumb.

That's exactly what people in the 1950s said about cheap 1930s cars, dumbass.

my point is that if prices were going to increase significantly, they would have already done so. Turd gens and fox bodies are at a great disadvantage because
A) They are not as universally appealing as 60s-70s muscle cars
B) They are made in a world where the 1969 Camaro exists, which is arguably the yard stick with which boomer cars are measured.
60s - 70s were being restored as early as 1980, and cars from the 30s were widely being restomodded since the 70s. Pre-war cars had a large market in the 70s, as they were the cars bringing the most money at collector auctions. Prices have fallen on pre-war fords in the last 15 years due to they enthusiasts of that era dying off, but there will always be young people to pick up the torch, just not as many. We are in the thick of MUSCLE CAR MADNESS right now, and when the boomers start dying off, the same thing will happen, prices will fall a bit, however muscle cars are much more ingrained into society, and there are much, much more young people willing to pick up the muscle car torch. The fox body will always be just that, the fox body, because it was built in a world where classic muscle cars exist. it will never have the same glory, because that glory will always belong to classic muscle.

also to caveat, i think in the future there will be similar "value" applied to 90's japanese performance cars, but I don't think their values will be as out of control as classic muscle cars. The reason they will be an exception is because people that like jap cars now generally have different taste and would rather put their money/car attention elsewhere, whereas the people that want turd gens/fox bodies would much rather have a 69 camaro or mustang than their pieces of shit.

This nigga must not have looked at foxbody prices lately. 5 years ago you could get a decent (for a foxbody) 5 speed 5.0 for $2500 and the junkyards were full of them. Now you're lucky to find a beat to shit autotragic with 200k on it for that price. They're far from expensive but they're going for close to double what they used to, just like E30s and S13s.

and? a decent 69 camaro, nothing special in 1999 was around $15,000. It was 30 years old at the time. The fox body is 30 years old now, what's holding it back? 80s shit muscle will never follow the same curve as classic muscle.

>The muscle car will always be just that, the muscle car, because it was built in a world where classic hot rods exist

>when the boomers start dying off, the same thing will happen, prices will fall a bit, however muscle cars are much more ingrained into society, and there are much, much more young people willing to pick up the muscle car torch.

Hot Rods didn't have the same mass appeal as muscle cars, hence why less young people are going that route. Every day old hot rodders are dying, and they're taking their knowledge with them with nobody to pass it to. Muscle cars are king now.

>it's dumb to spend that much money on something fucking awesome instead of something slightly less awesome

Not sure about that, user.

>Yfw in 40 years people will make a killing on selling 2010 ecobox hatches.

> Back in the 50's kids who couldn't afford corvettes and jaguar e types..

>they were poor so they made their 1930s cars into poor imitations of cars like the ones you see at the top.
This is not true at all.
Hot rods were built by American GIs coming back from WW2, primarily getting it's start in California. They were stripped down to make them lighter. If there was a certain look they were going for it wasn't an old british roadster.

More like 5-6 K max fagget
hotrodplans.com/build-a-hotrod-for-under-3000/

Pretty much dude

authenticity < results

>but it's fucking genuine
>and stock
>i worked harder for this
>it cost more
>stop passing me and revving your engines
>damn kids

>there was a point in time where cars from the 1930s were just slightly outdated shitboxes
Isn't it such a strange thing to imagine?