fantasy futbol

Other urls found in this thread:

implyingrigged.info/wiki/User:SuppaTenko
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for harambe

second for horse pussy

benis

Benis

Reminder to submit characters for Tenko's MUGEN at implyingrigged.info/wiki/User:SuppaTenko

/adv/'s manager is a girl

remarkably accurate

we need a 4cc version of that old gmod video "cant a nigga just die and ragdoll on the floor in peace, cant a nigga just get killed by a fridge without being interrupted and shit"

I want to cuddle that doggy

>I tried to submit this export, but it's so hard to do without hands

FIFA is better than PES

FIFA is literally scripted.

the /trv/ and Veeky Forums managers seem to do it just fine.

This reminds me

>some characters had their AI stop being good after I installed this lifebar
>check mugen.cfg
>AI.cheat = 0

so, uh, make sure this stays at 1

The rules seem to be flexible depending on who breaks them. That's fine if the cup doesn't matter and if you don't care about the people that follow it and make it happen. If you take it even a little seriously, then these shenanigans make the cup a farce. This is why you have one camp having fun binge watching whatever streamers crap out, another camp that's irreparably ass blasted over the last several years of bs, and almost nobody in between.

It's nice to see your own (Admittedly terrible) OC being used by other people.

I thought we were listing lies now? thats why I replied

Your entire argument is flawed when you assume the average viewer cares about DF being let back in IRC, that the average viewer cares about Fang managing /cgl/, that the average viewer cares if /gif/'s manager gets banned (they'd probably support him for letting /a/ in).

You're rulefagging for reasons completely unrelated to what you say.

It fulfilled an urgent need

I agree. Only circlejerking autists (like us) that hang out in /4ccg/ or IRC are invested in this stuff. The average cup fan doesn't know about any of this dramu, and wouldn't care if you told him.

Exactly. It's some tripfag pushing his agenda anonymously and probably with personal grudges.

>The rules seem to be flexible depending on who breaks them.
Then they stop being rules and are a excuse to ban people outside the circlejerk.

I guess you are right. There are probably 30-50 managers and maybe up to 100 user posters who stay more or less active in off-season threads, IRC and circlejerks, which is only a fraction of people who watch the Cup. It means that there are roughly 1000-1500 people who drop by every three months just to watch some matches. They don't care about managerial drama and topladdery, and won't even catch a glimpse of those problems by watching matchdays alone (that is, unless somebody in particular becomes memed on even by commisioners and commentators). And as long as Cup viewership stays at the same rate (okay, slightly declining because of some people losing interest and no means to advertise and attract new fans), /merit/ can and will do whatever they damn feel like.

I didn't say who was in what camp. There are viewers who care, if they've been following more than a few streams casually. Many viewers don't care at all because it's off their radar, I agree.

I'm in the camp that says "why do we agonize over rules in the first place?" Honestly, like you said, (most) viewers don't care about the happenings within circlejerks. They don't know who manages what team. They just watch. Aren't we overcomplicating things even having a wiki with fucking legalese? Why are we banning people from something that is supposed to just be a fun way to kill time? Once you start banning people, you cross the line into "this is a serious affair" and people will start expecting you to be consistent about that, which is likely the source of the asspain we see cropping up here and in places like IRC whenever /merit/ does something contrary to expectations. If instead /merit/ set the expectation that this is just for giggles between lads and people can watch if they want, I guarantee it would kill all the drama in the cup because there would be nothing to get dramatic about.

remove managers

restore managers

The ghosts of our past grow stronger, like wine
Beware the fool who surrenders himself to those most alluring of spectres,
But celebrate him who cherishes without want or regret in his heart.
Five years is naught to the vast eons that envelop it,
Yet the sunset draws ever nearer.
Let us bask in its radiance one more time,
Before we plunge into the abyss,
All equal at last.

pf you fucked up, I only see 30 team reps there

why isn't zyzz in the center?

top unf

nice work pf

Because you touch yourself at night

pls have my rapechildren

There are 32.

>If instead /merit/ set the expectation that this is just for giggles between lads
Thats what the cup is, a giggles for the #toplads, everybody who isn't a #toplad has to follow the guidelines of get banned for life.

Hi, DF

>every star winner prominently featured
>except the /trv/ guy, he's off in the bottom left
lel

You're being facetious, but you did a good job of outlining the contradiction that pisses people off.

I'm not a rules lawyer. I'm just pointing out that /merit/ is advertising hot sandwiches, serving cold sandwiches instead. It's not that cold sandwiches are shitty or inferior in themselves, it's purely a matter of setting expectations and following through on them. If they started advertising cold sandwiches, nobody would have a reason to get upset about anything. This is what worked about the GB era, where people had fun without having to study an encyclopedia of out of date, contradictory rules for fear of being arbitrarily punished while someone else gets let off the hook without rhyme or reason.

Nobody cares about /trv/ and their single good run was a fluke that has not been replicated since.

Guess again.

Wonder if /trv/ will fall again, but doubtful since the cup is mainly 4-4-2 vs 4-3-3

>tfw Nachos will never be on another poster after this cup

Legalese in the wiki was one of the best things to ever happen.
If you're complaining about circlejerks and #toplads and what not, the existence of legalese in the Rules page is by far the best thing to happen to the cup. Less gray areas, less friendly favors.

Don't impersonate me.

>less friendly favors

I'm not complaining about circlejerks per se. I don't know that I'm even complaining. I'm pointing out that the way the cup operates on paper is contrary to the way it operates in practise and that this is the source of every drama in its history other than Dragongate. You could fix that by making the cup conform more closely to how it is laid out in the rules. Or you could fix that by revising or getting rid of rules so that the outline matches the practise. Either method would be perfectly valid and fine by me.

Are you going to argue that the existence of legalese in the rules makes it harder to bend and misinterpret things with the purpose of benefiting toplads?

Hasn't it improved tho?
I started paying much less attention ever since the /pol/ thing in summer 14 where it felt like there was something very autistic going on inside merit or whatever they had back then, where they ended up banning a bunch of people and placing others on "non-explicit" bans (rowan) and "thin ice" (Qin and twinky).

Then legalese was introduced and I got the impression these issues were somewhat prevented for the future. OaB and CF were the last problems yes? The 1st one admiting to bullshitting boris into banning/going nuts over the earlier summer14 period, and CF just uh, I forgot, what did he do? completely lost his marbles or something and made the 8cc?

So what have been the post-legalese conundrums that evoque the impression that the cup operates differently on paper than it does in practice?

Rigging is an issue that is rampant because it hassles the top job rigging. Rowan needed to be punished along with his friends for trying to muscle into the rigging jig.

where is /int/ in this tournament?

Will bert not choke?

Wasn't the /ic/ autist trying to jam himself into 4ccc by playing witch hunter with boris or something like that? fuck its been a while

>

>Are you going to argue
Do you want me to make a list of times the rules were bend by Boris? Because he was very blatant about them.
In fact, the existence of the rules only makes the favoritism to #toplads more clear.

yes, please give specific examples because you can prattle on about "muh toplads" all you like but when it comes down to it the cup has more integrity than you'd like to believe

>the cup has more integrity than you'd like to believe

and here we go

CF was banned because he annoyed Boris. That's literally the only reason. Gman was banned for the same non-reason, only that time it was Ved who had a horse up his butt about it. Note: being annoying isn't against the rules. If it were, everyone other than Roll should have been banned long ago, starting with Boris. So, /merit/ set up situations where they can be criticized legitimately for abusing their power to promote their circlejerk. If they just came out and said "the cup is for circlejerking," nobody could blame them for banning people they don't want to circlejerk with.

hi ronery

posting your one reaction image doesn't eliminate the fact that you don't have an argument

>tfw got my #toplad starter pack today
>no dragon dildo
i feel ripped off

You weren't around for the time he almost let Fang "concede" a match without playing it to completion. That time /merit/ intervened to make the right call, but it still goes to show that the first instinct is to bow to top lads.

1. I'm not him
2. Not everyone is looking to get in a debate, you fucking sperg. People are allowed to simply call your posts out on being dumb and move on with their lives without having to get in a long argument over it.

Nice worst girl, you only know of her due to Railgun like a pleb?

As much as I like /vr/ and Arino, Zyzz should really be in the center.

also
>Faye Artemis
>still on /d/

but my post was correct and your anime reaction image doesn't change that

>someone who unironically reads that shitty novel

>being in any place to call anyone a pleb

pick one

It wasn't
I'm not ronery, for one thing, and I really don't care to post what my argument is since I'm betting you'd move the goalposts to avoid having to admit to being wrong.

Summer14- Sou uploaded the export in the wrong place, /f/ still allow to play in the cup despiste the rules saying only the team page and the export page are valid
Winter15-/i/ managers not banned over fucking the nightly export, despiste the rules saying it was a permaban
Spring15-/trv/ allowed to play despiste being a day later with the export
Autum15-/i/ managers not banned over fucking the nightly export, despiste the rules saying it was a permaban
Spring16-/i/ managers not banned over fucking the nightly export, despiste the rules saying it was a permaban
Winter16-/p/ manager not banned over fucking the nightly export, despiste the rules saying it was a permaban
Summer16-/gif/ manager throws the whole cup, still allowed to play, /wg/ later with the export and almost got in
I am sure people can point other examples.

Good list. Save it, since I have a feeling a week from now people will go back to saying "but can you give an example?"

it's ok to acknowledge you are in fact ronery

GIDDY UP

however, it is not ok to actually be ronery

>/i/

Made a mistake /p/ was in Spring16 instead of Winter16

>no actual backup in place (/s/ didn't have any fuckup anticipating 1.12 export and why would they?)
>nightly export permaban was NEVER EVER enforced EVER otherwise far too many people (not just Indy/Rill) would be permabanned long ago
>no actual backup in place (it's a fucking babby and there were no fetus teams to shove in)
>see nightly export blab times three
>what the fuck nigga /gif/ aren't at all playing in this cup
VERY good list

Oh, and with "/gif/ manager still allowed to play" i mean "in the next competition"
People were banned for throwing a single match, yet he throw a fucking whole event and is free to do it again.

I'm pretty sure there were even more cases of fucking up nightly exports with managers escaping the permaban consequences. Like carmastrikes and DescendingBear fucking up [s4s] nightly export in match against /a/ in Autumn 2015, or Hessen fucking up /int/ export (although I don't remember which match).

>the rule has never been enforced lmao
You just conceded the argument.

I'm good to throw in the nonsense with /trv/ last season. That was some next level topladdery. Can a manager get assistance preparing an export? Sure. Preferably, that help should come from someone else from your native board or, secondarily, from one of the helpers floating around the cup. The commissioner shouldn't be making exports for people.

you realize Lear still helps with /w/ right?

Contrary to popular belief, Mauled prepares his export from beginning to the end in editor, then sends edit.bin to someone with PES just to load it up and make an export out of it. Two minutes of work really, and it has nothing to do with rigging tactics for /trv/. It's all about conversion of one file that cannot be done in editor (seriously, when are we going to get that feature), not "making" export for someone.

That's fucked up too. "I'm not managing a team, I'm just helping create their export and doing whatever else needed :^)" Again, this is only something people can get angry over because of the expectations previously set out in the rules and /merit/'s various little announcements over time.

look the nightly export thing has always been out of date. there are far more instances than /i/ and /p/, including /jp/, /out, /s4s/, Veeky Forums, /wg/, and /int/. To permaban people for this would be absolutely punitive. If you want to rulefag so fucking hard that you think that people should be permabanned for messing up a nightly export, then I can't help your overwhelming amount of autism.

The commissioner has no business offering that level of assistance. If a team wants to compete, the onus is on its manager(s) to make that happen. The commissioner intervening to give extra help to a manager is blatant favoritism.

>no actual backup in place (it's a fucking babby and there were no fetus teams to shove in)
Wrong.
Spring15 was a megababy and they did a raffle between dead teams to fill spots.
/trv/ was allowed to retain their spot in the competition and upload an export.
And pretty sure the "no backup so it doesn't matter they broken the rules" is a very shitty excuse.

You can't read, m8. /merit/ can start enforcing this rule or it can get rid of the rule. Either option is fine. Having that rule on the books while never enforcing it is the problem because it sets a false expectation that had led repeatedly to drama.

Tbh I have nothing against the commish being involved in managing a team, as long as he doesn't rig shit.

nah, imo the commissioner works well as an impartial party for that kind of thing. would you rather mauled collaborate with another manager like he has in the past then? one that may be inclined to give him actual assistance?
>I'd rather see a random autopilot than a team who was a little bit late
good one

Reminder that we're all friends here and shouldn't argue.

this era ended a long time ago

the toxic masculinity in here has reached maximum levels after all the girls left

>Show me examples of /merit/ breaking their own rules
There you go some examples.
>WOW FUCKING RULE FAGS
>WHO THE FUCK CARES
>I RATHER HAVE #TOPLAD FC THAT ENFORCING THE RULES
>FUCKING LOSERS LMAO
sup Bent

I wish we entered the FIFA era. Finally have a good cup.

EA shill pls go already

Good thing noone cares what you wish for.

The commissioner works well helping with exports until he doesn't. Impartiality requires a level of distance between him and the teams/managers he's in charge of overseeing and, if necessary, prosecuting. Helping certain teams make their exports is unbecoming of somebody in his position. You wouldn't approve of a judge helping a law group prepare a case that the judge was going to decide, regardless of that judge's reputation for impartiality. It's an inherent conflict of interest.

To answer your question, I would prefer that Mauled get the help he needs from a /trv/ fan who follows the team and wants to help out. You can see Mauled's problem there. In the absence of sufficient board support to create a viable export, a team should be allowed to die, not artificially propped up by the commissioner of all people.

You are using "that level of assistance" like doing that conversion is a huge deal. I already told you that it's a matter of few clicks (t. someone who converted an export for Mauled once). I actually think that it's better for commish, or someone else who is directly related to the cup, to do that rather than some random stranger. Sooner or later someone would have an ebin idea of messing up with /trv/ export before converting it and then it would be hard to find the right person to blame. Approach Lear or someone else from /merit/ with edit/bin and ask them to pull out your export out of it, and if they will refuse, then we can talk about favouritism.

>bent hates rulesfags and thinks the commissioners have done no wrong
ayyyyy

>I actually think that it's better for commish, or someone else who is directly related to the cup, to do that rather than some random stranger.
#removemanagers

>unironically posting Black Lives Matter memes

>favoritism
I'll help anyone who needs help.

Can you help me?

Well what do you need?

That rule is gone m8.