How long do 2005 9-2x Aeros last?

How long do 2005 9-2x Aeros last?

I am planning on looking at one, 168k miles, and had dual head Valve Job, new Timing Belt, Water Pump, Thermostat, Spark Plugs, all filters, all fluids, Automatic Transmission service, Battery, Alternator, and Front axle all done 3k miles ago.

Seller is asking $6.85k for it, I am in California, does that sound reasonable? I can probably talk him down if I can find any body parts that need replacing since parts for the 9-2x Aero are limited.

Other urls found in this thread:

hooniverse.com/2013/12/10/our-cars-the-saabaru/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>168k on a petrol GM engine

no ty

It's a Subaru boxer engine.
At 150k you should really be giving it a major service (about 2k) - I'd look elsewhere OP.

>gm engine

lol

>At 150k you should really be giving it a major service
>had dual head Valve Job, new Timing Belt, Water Pump, Thermostat, Spark Plugs, all filters, all fluids, Automatic Transmission service, Battery, Alternator, and Front axle all done 3k miles ago.

does anybody here read?

k on a petrol GM engine
oh just fuck off then

It is a Subaru WRX. I wouldn't bother with the parts are limited jazz, its a subaru WRX.

since when does SAAB use subaru engines? they were exclusively GM.

That's just as bad then.

hooniverse.com/2013/12/10/our-cars-the-saabaru/

was this just for american market or something, ive never seen or heard about this car before.

Replacing broken parts does not always mean a full service.
Honestly at 150k I'd be opening the engine and checking the bearings.

Also, it's a slush box.

It's a rebadged WRX with upgraded steering components.

If I take the car in to a mechanic for a PPI, will they be able to suss out any potential troubles down the road?

Sorry, it's my first car. Been commuting on a motorcycle for the past 3 years.

north america for 2 years.

>since when does SAAB use subaru engines?
GM had controlling interest in Subaru for a while.

It's not guaranteed.
Boxer engines can run for 1,000,000kms or they can run for 10kms.
If the previous owner has driven it hard, you will know - on the upside, Saab owners tend to be some of the best and most meticulous owners out there - I'd still go with a newer car though.

The only 9-2x Aero only came out in 05 and 06, and the 06 is even rarer.

I originally was looking at Foresters, and made it a practice to have the owner take me for a drive first so I can see how it was driven.

Most Saabarus on Craigslist are titled as such, suggesting that all the owners (and buyers) are simply Subaru owners at heart. Gone are the days, at least in Cali, of Grandmas and Soccer moms selling off their Saabarus whilst unaware of its capabilities.

The Saab is nice because I can get a cheaper insurance rate for it, and they can be found now withing my price range (~$7k)

Can anybody recommend a better wagon in that price range?

Retard Alart.

i dont live in america i have no clue about exclusive cars in your market, SAAB uses 100% GM here

thanks for your input though

>Can anybody recommend a better wagon in that price range?
saab 9-5 Aero wagon if you don't mind FWD.

I really don't have a preference. I live in Cali so the AWD would really only be useful on rainy days or potential trips to the snow.

I really just want something that's a polar opposite of my SV650: Practical and safe. The 9-2x Aero is at least fast enough so I won't feel too underpowered on the road.

fight me irl

Saab still developed their own engines most of the time, even under GM.

The OPs pic is a facelifted WRX. Are you a special needs? I don't hit retreads.

the l850, which was used in the 9-3 from 04 on, was co-developed by Saab with Opel and GM Central. Depending on who you believe Saab may have done much of the work and the engine may have been based on the Saab B/H engine. The l850s used in saabs had Saabs trionic engine management, heads, and turbo etc etc.

The 9-5 used an all saab engine up till 10 or so when the new model came out.

>retreads
dont call me a retread fight me for real now

Shut the fuck up then

Where's that Saab tripfriend when you need him?

OP here,

The price of the car is including the Cold Weather package and bluetooth. It has leather seats, but no moonroof, so I believe the seller may be mistaken in saying that it has the Sport package as well. Perhaps I can use that to finesse the price down a bit.

That price is way too high

$3-4k would be reasonable

HEY FAGS

IT'S A SUBARU WRX WAGON WITH AN STI STEERING RACK.

THATS IT.

If you like Saab's, get a 95 Turbo or Aero. The B235 engine is ridiculously strong, has a fantastic aftermarket, has an ingenious system that prevents knock and examples are generally in very good condition.

Nicer interior, lower insurance premiums and makes you look like less of a fag.

t. Poorfag that can't afford a nice low mileage example

Get a manual too.

Literally a wrx with a Saab front end

Lmao 168 miles that's garbage

Can you elaborate?

Boxer engines tend to run into head issues far before that if driven by typical Subaru owners.

bumpo

bump