/acg/ - Hardened Axis General

For all newcomers, Armored Core and all JP mecha discussion here. You are welcome to shill western stuff with JP influence.

BEFORE YOU PROCEED LISTEN TO OUR THEME SONG!!!
instaud.io/jzI

AC pastebin:
pastebin.com/Ek3kMtZW
Read that if you have any questions. If the pastebin doesn't answer whatever question you may have feel free to ask us in the thread.

/acg/'s partially approved recommendation list:
pastebin.com/WSq32Amg (updated february 28th)

Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/armoredcorevg

/acg/ PLAYS

SCRIMMS
>Ask.

SUNDAY NIGHT FOR ANSWER
>Ask.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON VERDICT DAY
>Ask.

Official Strategy guide PDFs for 2, 3, and Nexus :
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_2_Another_Age_Prima_Official_eGuide/1833
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_3_Prima_Official_eGuide/1635
emuparadise.me/magazine-comic-guide-scans/Armored_Core_Nexus_Prima_Official_eGuide/2226

AC related cover music: ripped from niconico by risto
mega.nz/#!j1l03AjA!beyftPD1gLIsymJC2gdmHpUecO4JHGbg6KdFQNS7htI
Last Raven build advice:
pastebin.com/RfbVYwwr

Nice kill fags. Go shopping, thread dies.
New ones on p10
Anyway I tried running a BFF quadruped with rail and Sniper cannons, with a sniper rifle and Gatling gun as arm weapons. Manned AS missile shoulders.

It worked. Got an A though. Trying to figure out S. I need to get hit less.
Maybe I should go both snipers for back. Maybe Tellus core. Maybe I should have missiles for one side and sniper on other.

Honestly sniper weapons work.

bump

Time for OC.

Nice thread.

Make a better one yourself next time fegit

But the last time I did, it hit bump limit

Why can't moot give us some warning when a thread is about to 404? Generals are very fickle.

>moot

Penny, moot sold ous.

There is a warning, it's at the bottom right corner of the thread and shows what page we're on.

Thread page no.

Granted generals really seem odd to exist here.

>AC2 meme
>ACV emblems

You google searched "leos klein emblem" and ended up with some player's emblem named leos klein, lol

Here's the real one

That's some gay-ass emblem

Good thread. Keep it going.

Fixed.

So, what does Kojima poisoning does to a human?

They just cough till they die?

Probably causes super cancer or something.

Yeah, the cracked 9 ball emblem is pretty cool, but it's a fan emblem

Well sniper+Kojima missiles work. Got B. What's the cost/pay req for S?
Well it's radiation and pollution. Sorta obvious by the shit it does to a Lynx piloting their AC, it's going to be like radiation.

Consider it is a form of energy. Burns, shocks, cellular damage may happen, it affects machinery-overloading systems with KRB
consider radioactive problems. It lingers, destroys plant life hence desertification
Like agents or some pollutants, it exists as particles.
It's pretty much radiation poisoning on steroids.

Bigger question is why continue using them? In 10+ years of Kojima usage it had forced humanity into a reversed layered and destroyed several places into desert strips. This continued hundreds of years, even it's a long fucking time from V, and in VD only it's barely clearing from the shit that was FA and worse onwards.
Then thry develop even more powerful weaponry that only accelerates it.
Why not discontinue NEXT and AF usage? V era got on fine without Kojima tech, even being able to beat it.

>Why not discontinue NEXT and AF usage? V era got on fine without Kojima tech, even being able to beat it.

Corporations gave no shits, they just wanted power.

"Even being able to beat it"

Just because the ewoks can kill some storm troopers doesn't mean they could take down a star destroyer.

V and VD era are doomed to repeat the mistakes of the past, they didn't 'beat' Kojima technology, they just stopped it from being rediscovered again.

Basically this. ORCA, in way, could be seen as a radical-terrorist environmentalism group.

Now you realize that V world was suffering a nuclear winter.

The towers exist though right?

The irony is that ORCA failed if you consider V wasn't Armored core gundam

Bump.

Well their true objective was to open the way for space and get humanity out of the planet. the sidematerial for VD implies that the corporations manage to do it in the end and the people they didnt care for, were left behind.

So ORCA actually succed, they just didnt belive people were going to be able to survive the contaminated world. Now we need the league to comeback to earth during VD time, and the 3 factions are forced to band together to fight them back.

>So, what does Kojima poisoning do

It adds 5+ hours of cutscenes to your game and infests the plot with nanomachines.

AC 4 and V
>protag is an experienced soldier
>protag belongs to a mostly innocent faction of good guys
>the faction completely relies on the player in order to survive or get anything done
>one of the main final bosses in both games is one of your bros that is fighting you for misguided reasons

FA and VD
>player is implied to be a new and inexperienced pilot
>operator is a retired veteran
>you don't fight for anything in particular and have very little loyalty to anyone, all the group cares about is cash
>player is forced to take sides and get invested in things after the conflict intensifies
>eventually your operator leaves you and you have to kill her

Hmm...

>tfw kamina and DD Edgworth are faggy greenpeace terrorists

>Kojima ends working with FROM on a new Armored Core
>Kojima poisoning becomes a meme

I can see that happening.

I hardly consider RD a bro

Bump.

>my waifu
>voting for trump

Excellent.

>GA's strongest Arms Fort is literally just a weaponized wall
Did Armored Core predict Trump?

Pretty sure that Destruction is canon, or the ruling companies got screwed over by other means. Otherwise the towers wouldn't exist.

Good night /acg/

pls dont 404 again while I'm asleep ;~;

>not finding RD a bro

Bump.

who is moot?

>European Union actually is the shittest corp in the game because UK left

I can see a pattern here

EU in AC?
Though there are two big Europe Corps. BFF may be more leaning to having more British involved
>America fucked Britain to the point they relied on them to rebuild
What did they mean by this

What's the difference between a preowned and new VD copy.
How much does DLC even cost?
Do I need DLC?

Bump.

>difference between preowned and new VD
One has likely been used before, the other is new. What else did you expect?

>DLCs?
All DLCs together probably cost like 50 buckaroos, but everything besides the more UNAC slots is either cosmetic or early unlock packs. And you don't need more than one UNAC unless you wanna go lone wolf in online, so none of it is really needed.

Bump.

Man what a ripoff.

I'd rather have a fuckton of cosmetic DLC that you don't need than a nom-cosmetic DLC that's required for getting everything the game has to offer. Just don't buy it, what's your problem?

Just bought a PS2 game called Ring of Red for three Eurodollaridoos, it's about three Factions trying to control post-WW2 Japan through the use of mechs. Anyone heard of it before? How shitty is it?

My severe autism towards stuff user.
Still, fiddy.
I mean least it's not paying for an expansion within an expansion game.

All it affects is:
>pilot skins after you get blown up, these only need to be bought by one person in the team to be available to the whole team I think
>garage/assembly backgrounds
>damaged versions of parts that are fugly
>how many UNACs you can have loaded up simultaneously

You know what's interesting, since normals are said to be like first gen AC, would've been fun of there was a mission or something set in National Dismantlement war where you're playing as a normal, before a sorta fake out happens when an enemy next is confronted. Can't do OB, AA or QB.
I mean it's a stupid idea though.

It's pretty amazing. Give that instruction manual a good reading, because there's a lot to the game and it gets confusing fast.
Don't forget the alternate soundtrack.

I understand your pain perfectly user. I'm not too big a fan of cosmetic DLC either, mostly because of the implications for future installments, where they might lock actual game content behind a paywall if the cosmetics sell enough.

Thankfully AC is too niche for that. I hope.

>AC6-It's shit compared to expansion sequel
>AC:title based off of numeral/number used or plot
>ACtitle-Expansion 1 with addition of several bosses and missions with parts developing world even further and adding more resolution

What ps1 emulators run well on toasters.

Guys wake up

I am woke
I just don't know

Yeah, they did get a little crazy. I wouldnt be opposed to them releasing like an HD collection that cuts out all the separate installments.

ePSXe

Nah man it's a joke based on expansions and what from did with Dark Souls 2.
Though if you count third generation, if may be true

That could have been a cool AC4 prologue mission.

>Anatolia's Merc used to be a Normal pilot
>mission starts with tacticool squad based combat
>then Berlioz shows up
>you get BTFO
>cue Anatolia finding and taking in the protag, followed by the rest of AC4
>and a couple new side missions thrown in here and there where you have to pilot a Normal on missions where Kojima contamination can't be risked, or where a NEXT would be detected too easily on radar

Basically any of them? PS1 doesn't need high specs at all.

Bump.

Bump.

Bump.

Say bump one more time, I dare you

____

Stop shipping her with touhou sh*t! it's so unfitting

>sh*t!

Bump.

Only issue is it wouldn't make sense to hire a NEXT pilot foremost into a weaker machine. Or that why hire a normal pilot when you got fleets of them.
I still like Idea

Do assault cells still exist by V era?

The normal missions could be as somekind of flashback during the Anatolias merc normal piltos days or you play as someone different, that at the time of FA is a full NEXT pilot.

Nobody knows I think, humanity didn't catch enough of a break to go to space. I always thought the Squid thingies were kinda like Assault Cells.
Besides, it's not mentioned whether Strayed fires the Ehrenburg cannons in Destruction either. They still exist after the game ends though, and it's probably the easiest way to bring down all cradles.

I don't think he'd fire them. In the Destruction ending, him and Old King get off to the thought of people dying slowly. The cannons would pretty much annihilate them on the spot.

>not playing space invaders
Maybe they can be more precise, hit a part of it, watch it go down
I'm sad destruction didn't have another destroy cradle mission.

Is not as fun without Oldking counting.

>If I shoot you will you die?
>It would be extremely drastic...
>You're an agitating guy--
>--for you.

>tfw wondering why you even did this
I'm not good with this mouse, transparency, or editing still.
>Oldking dies
Don't remind me, it still hurts.

Wake up holy fuck.
I'm sleeping

good one.

Armored Core legacy is doing another tournament.

Good work user. I love AC fanwork.

>humanity didn't catch enough of a break to go to space
I don't know, Chief, Carol, and the Corporation seem to suggest otherwise.

bump.

bump

>tfw I suck at actually playing GA builds

This has got to be one of the coolest mechs I have ever seen in an anime.
Granted, my repertoire isn't impressive, but this thing is still rad.
>1v1
No interest.
>must use Discord
Screw you.
>Mynsky Hill is always banned
Well, that's one plus.
>no dual shoulders
I guess I can understand the reasoning but piss off regardless.
>no homos
Oh baby. I'm gonna pop over to another general to see if I can get the perfect image for this.