Bmw 316i compact

Tell me Veeky Forums are these any good?
They seem pretty good to me.

Cheap, Rwd and a 4 cylinder with 100hp

Why shouldnt I get one as a little hooning car?

>Bmw 316i
It's almost exactly one thousand pounds heavier than an NA Miata.

>Cheap, Rwd and a 4 cylinder with 100hp
Because Miatas exist

It looks disgusting. M43B16 is slow. It's an okay car to DD but don't expect any hektik skidz, unless it rains or snows. Don't bother with BMW if you're not getting an I6.
Depending on where you live they might be more expensive. In Poland Miatas are at least twice as expensive as E36s.

Exactly why i was looking at one, because i can get one for under a grand here in europe when a miata is gonna be around 4k here.

How much weight do you think i can shed by stripping the interior?

eugh.. if you take everything out... eugh 250lbs if you're lucky

Probably not enough to offset the slow engine.
Let me rephrase that.
The engine isn't slow per se. It does the job. You will be able to overtake trucks on a 1 lane road and you will be able to go as fast as 200kmh. It's slow by Veeky Forums standards. I do 0-100 in 12.3s with my sedan 316i, I guess you can shave off a second with a compact because of reduced weight. Depends on what you're looking for. If you want a comfy, sporty-feeling DD, it's great. If you wanna race on highways, you won't win. It's a bit more expensive to maintain than an average shitbox but if you can wrench yourself you won't notice.
You can ask for more advice in /bmwg/ here: If you necessarily want to buy a BMW, go for a anything other than a compact and with an I6 engine for the glorious sound.

>dodek, guy who switched twingo with no sunroof for e36 sedan with no sunroof says e36 compact with sunroof looks disgusting
And you probably think that your opinion matters, tripcioto?

Probably more than yours, friend
>a sunroof justifies that ugly back
Did you post just to have an excuse for calling me a tripfag?

even if back was really ugly, why would it matter to a person who is gonna be seating inside a car. You're not gonna impress anyone or prove your status by owning e36 anyway.
and yes, any excuse is good for calling tripfag a tripfag.

>cheaper than a miata
>almost the same weight as miata
>actually has a back seat, and foldable ones at that making it more practical than a miata
>if you own tools and can watch youtube, you can do all of the maintenance yourself negating the service costs
>Dat bmw interior
>Dat bmw exterior
>comparable engine specs to miata
>doesn't make you look like a twink like a miata
Pretty simple OP

>Probably more than yours, friend
...because I owned 2 cars in my entire life, one of which was given to me by my daddy

>I don't have anything valuable to say so I'll just call people who give their input based on experience names XDXD
>I'll only focus on the subjective part of that person's opinion disregarding anything else they say, after all they're a tripfag XDDDD

it makes less power than my 1.6 civic, and it weighs more.

1.6 civics are not fast.

>trip fag thinks his opinion is valuable
Look guis, I have a trip, I must know what I'm talking about!

I'm not that guy you are responding to, but almost everyone feels the same about you lonely attention whores

>honda and bmw use the same engine
>the compression ratios and drive trsin are exactly the same
It's not a fast car by any means, but comparing it to a fwd shitbox is hilarious

never said they use the same anything, just that it's heavier and makes less power than a slow-ass civic

I'm not giving an opinion you fucking retard, I'm stating facts. Other than the looks part. Which is literally 5% of what I said. I'm sorry, I called you a retard. Maybe you just didn't read the wall of text I wrote because reading is hard lmao XDD
This is the last (You) I'm giving away in this thread. Good luck with the purchase OP, hope you make the right choice.

Stay off the board, no one cares about you or the words that pop up when you slam your cock beaters on the keyboard

It is hilarious. That the civic is better by a long shot. Get the fuck off of Veeky Forums you broke ass euro loser

Weak b8

>this buttmad

The bmw is a shitbox. Also it's such a fucking gutless turd that rwd is a detriment if anything. Try following a civic around the touge and you will be slower at literally everything and then you will go from dangerous understeer to unrecoverable oversteer because lol 100 hp open diff rwd

>bmw with less than 300hp
>literally a heavy 4cyl shitbox
>less power than family cuckmobiles
>shitty everything

Dude bmw lol