07 Saturn Aura ???

I'm looking at an 07 Aura for my first car. I don't know too much about them so I figured I'd ask here. It's $7,395 has 95,946miles, 20/28mpg 3.6L V6 DOHC VVT and the VIN is 1G8ZV57797F248466

The insurance is the most affordable for me, and the salesman at the dealership said they're alright. I looked online and they got good reviews but some people said they're just shitty, unreliable cars. It's had 3 owners with no accidents. I'm still looking into it along with a few other cars but so far this seems like my best bet.

Also if anyone knows anything about them I'm looking at an 09 Chevy Impala, an 05 Hyundai Elantra, and a few Ford Focuses. Thanks for any help :^)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=spYeV0dJSWg
youtube.com/watch?v=RADbeAfxgwc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also do they last? I don't want to get a car and end up having to spend a shit ton of money just to keep it running

The Saturn Aura, especially with the 3.6L V6, was a fantastic reliable car. It actually won the North American Car Of The Year award in 2007.

And Saturn used the promote the car in THE ballsiest way possible, with their side-by-side-by-side test drive promotion.
youtube.com/watch?v=spYeV0dJSWg

Underneath, the Aura is a lightly reskinned Opel Vectra C, so it's a pretty competent car. Early 3.6L V6 engines had timing chain guide problems but there were recalls issues that fixed that IIRC. But overall, it's a stout engine and GM STILL uses it. What do you think powers the new V6 Camaro's?

>the salesman at the dealership said they're alright

for whatever reason i've always found late period saturns really nice looking.

this one specifically though seems a tad overpriced but you're getting that buying from a dealer.

personally I'd go for it, you could do a lot worse buying late 00's GM

Why don't you put your 7k towards a 20k nice used car? Or buy a shitbox for 2.5-4k

I'm still worried about the things that have gone wrong with other people though, I'm not sure if the recalls fixed everything
Yeah I figured it was a bit expensive but that's just the list price. It's the same place my siblings got their cars and they all went to the same guy so I'll probably be able to get it for a bit less
Because I'm a broke ass college kid

Post your local Craigslist.

>I'm still worried about the things that have gone wrong with other people though, I'm not sure if the recalls fixed everything
Recalls fix the problems. That's the point. They recognize the problem, come up with a fix for it issue a recall and fix the problem at no cost to the owner.
The Aura is a really nice reliable car. Go for it. You could certainly do a lot worse. Ignore the people who hate the car because hating GM is a popular meme.

ignore this.

The Aura will be perfectly fine.

He could get a mint ls400 for less money. It's a waste.

I owned an 07 Vectra C (the EU version of this). 135k miles without issue when I sold it.

Pros:
>Solid interior, not all fancy soft touch plastics etc but well built
>Reliable, many 10 year old fleet cars with 200k+ miles still on the roads here
>Huge trunk space
>Very relaxed and smooth at motorway speeds, decent MPG
>Steering felt nicely weighted and responsive

Cons:
>Some models can have starter motor issues, easily fixed though
>Headlights are shit, common complaint
>Indicators disengage a bit easily which is annoying when waiting at a junction (maybe this was just my car, idk)

Would rate 7.5/10, nothing special but a solid all rounder and definitely a good first car.

An LS400 would get nowhere near as good fuel economy and be a good bit more money to maintain just because it's getting on in years and would need more maintenance like bushings, struts, and shocks.

On the highway mpg is probably similar. LS is more comfy. It's a Lexus so nothing will break. Both cars would probably need suspension work shortly.

Saturn Auras: Delco speaker issue, steering system is a hot piece of shit (even in the XR). Intermediate steering shaft breaks all the fucking time, key getting caught it in the ignition even after the recall fix.

I would never buy one of these.

Is that a Vectra?
It looks like a Vectra.
If so, they're incredibly boring.

I still want to look into them a bit more though, that's kinda why I made this thread. Have you owned one before?
There's an '05 LS300 for about $5000 but I wanna see if I can barter the price down a bit. The guy said they paid like $4500 for it plus whatever repairs they had to do so I was thinking high $5000- lower $6000

I've looked into other cars as well and this has the cheapest insurance for me

8 grand for a that 2007 :/ that seems like a lot of money. Thatd be like 4-5 grand here

>It's a Lexus so nothing will break.
This si so wrong, it's not even funny. ALL cars eventually break. It's a fact of life. Mechanical parts WILL eventually wear out and break unless there is somehow a car made with no friction on any part whatsoever.

>There's an '05 LS300
If it's the 2.2L 4 cylinder, by all means look at them. If that car is the 3.0L V6, avoid it like a plague.

These are the things I was worried about!

So the recall didn't really help? One site said they start turning to shit after about 90,000 miles and this is at like 94k
>tfw every car I find is either shit, too expensive, or gets sold before I can look at it

All cars break, doesnt matter who makes them. Car companies make most of their money on parts not car sales

That saturn is too much money dude. And for how much you're paying, it has too many miles on it.

Ls300? Do you mean es? That's a luxury camry. LS is the only one to consider in your price range.

It's the 3L V6 :^(

What about the Elantra or Impala? There's also an 09 Focus for $6500 with 101k miles and another for $6400 with just under 107k miles

Even if I can get them to lower the price?

Damn I wish I was rich so it'd be easy to find a car

The impala would be a nice car. They're pretty big though. That 09 focus seems like a good deal too. Offer them like 5 grand and go from there

Id buy it for like 5-6 grand. No more

The Focus and the Impala are great, but avoid the Elantra.

No. He means the Saturn LS300. Also known as the Saturn L-series. They went through different naming variants, always starting with L. 2000-2001 models were either an LS1, LS2, or LS3. They changed it when threatened with legal action by Lexus. From 2002-2004, it was the L200 or L300. For 2005, they were all L300s

Yeah my ex has a new elantra. Stay away from hyundai.

Post your local Craigslist or kjiji if you're in Canada.

I'm gonna see how much they'd be willing to lower it then. I'm hoping that they'd let it go for $6000 or even less, especially because we've bought from them before and they paid a bit less for it.
I was only thinking the Elantra because it was cheaper but the Impala and Focus seem top notch too

I still have to test drive them and take them to the mechanic first but based on the prices, insurance rates, and cars themselves I think I'm leaning more towards the Focus or the Aura

Any other thoughts/experiences/whatever on either of these?

Dont pay any more than that dude its not worth what they want

>I was only thinking the Elantra because it was cheaper
You get what you pay for in this case. the Koreans have always been less reliable than everyone else. They still are.
On a similar note, but on the other end of the scale, avoid German cars. In general, German cars are more expensive and just as unreliable as Korean cars (BMW's and old Mercedes not withstanding), but they are also uber expensive to fix when something goes wrong for no reason other than German engineering.

Just buy a fucking civic.

I probably wouldn't get a European car unless I was loaded
You're a fucking civic ;^)

It's pretty good advice though, "buy a Civic and shut the fuck up" is a meme for a reason.

Not everyone wants a severely under powered 4banger, no matter how reliable it allegedly is.

Gee OP that's essentially the same car as mine mileage and everything. First and foremost that price is too damn high I'd probably ask 5k if I wanted to sell mine. I've never had a mechanical issue with mine she runs great. Had her since 35k miles.

I even go to autocross with the damn thing. It doesn't belong there, but it is. The most car ass car there.
youtube.com/watch?v=RADbeAfxgwc

There is however a glaring electrical issue semi mentioned in this thread. A recall was announced after it was initially just a service bulletin where the Brake lights would be on while driving, and go out while actually braking. You would only ever notice this at night. The service bulletin was to remove the BCM electric grease it and pop it back in. It lasted a long while but it would come back. Last year they announced the recall for it and my understanding was they put a part in between the BCM and connector. Just make sure the car had this done at least not that it's any cost to have it done. I haven't had an issues since.

If you can get a better deal on it I'd say go for the Aura. Do your research and know what it's worth. The only other thing I can say is the Impala will probably get you places too, but my experience is only an 01 with the 3800 in it. That thing would go forever. 09 I'm not really sure.

dats fukken hektik

He's looking at a Saturn, Elantra, Impala, and a Focus. What the fuck do you think he's looking for?

Pretty much this

I don't think I'd mind a Civic, these are just the cars I'm looking at rn

but both Saturns, and the Impala are V6's significantly faster than a Civic, and the Focus was faster than the equivalent Civic unless it was an Si which I doubt OP is looking at.
He said he only looked at the Elantra due to price so knock that out.
All the cars he's looked at are faster than the Civic.

God
God has seen you cry, struggling with something. God says its over. A blessing is coming your way. If you believe in God, send this message on, please don’t ignore it, you are being tested. God is going to fix two things (BIG) tonight in your favor. If you believe in God, DROP EVERYTHING AND PASS IT ON. TOMORROW WILL BE THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE. DON’T BREAK THIS CHAIN. IF YOU BREAK, YOU WILL SUFFER. SEND THIS TO 14 FRIENDS IN 10 MINUTES WHEN U READ IT.

>religion
leave my Veeky Forums

For that kind of money you could get some nice used luxury. I'd go for a used Lexus IS or maybe a 2008/9 CTS Cadillac, there are also a few cars that would be fun but unpraticle like a 2002 - 2006 Mercedes c class, but the merc would rape ur wallet as bad as a early 2000's BMW.

>Lexus IS
They've all been raped
>2008-2009 Cadillac CTS
nice but I think it's too expensive for what OP wants. Besides. It's the same V6 engine as the Aura.
>2002-2006 Mercedes C-class
>Daimler
>ever

Who gives a shit? It's a fucking daily driver you retarded benchracing faggot

You know whats great about that car? As far as I know thats a German V6 working in that car. Its gonna be much faster than those American or Japanese ones you might know.

But dat badge tho

Nothing gets the ladies like a luxury car, even a slightly used one.

>As far as I know thats a German V6 working in that car.
The High Feature V6 engine family was designed by Cadillac... in America. German my ass.

>being a badge whore.
kill yourself

Haha, angry much? Someday you will have nice things, and maybe even a women, but not with that attitude.

>and maybe even a women
But I don't want a woman

Ssuuuure.

Thanks y'all

I'll just look more into all of them I guess. If the Saturn's too shitty I'll just go with the Focus. I've been looking at cars for over a year so I'll get lucky on this

The Saturn is just fine. Veeky Forums just has a meme to hate any GM product for no reason. Go for it.

Yeaaa I know, but I still wanna look way more into it though because I'm probably gonna end up spending most of my money on whatever I get

fair enough. look up maintenance records and run a carfax or history report on the VIN.

Aura's are solid op. One of gm's better products. The v6 motors are powerful, and they're fantastic highway cars.