Car shopping thread:

Car shopping thread:
I have a 7000$ budget and live in michigan - area code 48307.

Help me shop for a car - I'm an aviation mechanic, I have no clue when it comes to cars.

Requirements:
2 Airbags
Seatbelts
Automatic trans

Preference:
Truck
Diesel
6 cyl +

Thought it'd be fun to have Veeky Forumstto help me look for one.

Other urls found in this thread:

carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/14682611
detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5582847492.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

read
the

Fly to the south or out west and drive it back. Lots of rusted pieces of shit in Detroit.

2tru
But I cannot, sadly.

thanks, I'd post cars I'm looking into but I'm too busy reading the sticky.

Why can't you take a few days off?

Current car is so much of a piece of shit I barely trust it to drive me 20 miles
No extra dosh to drive around with

I said FLY. Take 500 bucks or less out of your budget for a one way plane ticket once you find a good car and make sure it's available.

I can't, it's just complicated.

Laugh all you want, but that is probably one of the best resources you can get for choosing a car if you know nothing about them.

Minus LPG's massive Mercedes Benz fetish, but you probably weren't in the mood for a C-Class anyways.

Actually I was looking at Mercedes diesel's
There's a couple around.

This was one I liked
carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/14682611

Does anyone know if that car has 2 airbags?

Look for rust in the wheel wells. Rust kills these cars since they're unibody. Also, be aware that while the drivetrain will last until the end of time and can survive being overheated multiple times, the rest of the stuff on the car will not. You can be nickeled-and-dimed to death keeping the accessories like the window motors/regulators working.

Also, literally everything on the car is driven by vacuum lines.

>1983 car
>model that entered production in 1976
>airbags

nigga what

Like I said - I don't know jack when it comes to cars.
Wish I could - I'd prefer a car like that but the wife won't drive it without airbags.

the sticky is useless, it just has meme cars and $ or $$$ is not useful cost metric

Shut up and buy a civic. You don't know enough/a nice/interesting car is over your head.

Well, in that case, you're going to be looking at stuff made after like 1997.

Post your local craigslist.

He gave his zip code. It's Detroit. Read the thread.

Still trying to get a good one - I've had 3 cars break on me in the past two years. Bunch of financial troubles. One I currently drive is a saturn with the door held shut by a tool bag strap. The battery drains unless I pull a fuse. The drivers side window wont roll up unless I force it up. The A/C doesn't work. Trans got rebuilt and the shifting solenoid is a Chinese aftermarket piece of shit that I had to get replaced.
fun times

detroit.craigslist.org/okl/cto/5582847492.html

Here you go. One Crown Victoria with a V8 in worth-checking-out condition for $2000 under your budget, and it's owned by a white guy.

Goddamn that's sexy.

>Rochester
>$7000 budget

Wat

I'm just leary about getting a crown vic because my mother used to work for a lawyer who had her dig through fords warehouse of legal documents. Turns out crown vics have an ignition problem that causes the car to explode.
Ford spent a lot of money trying to push the problem under the rug - and did so successfully. Turns out a bunch of pigs were roasted because of it.

[citation needed]

Like I said, they successfully pushed it under the rug by fighting each legal battle individually.

I'm gonna call bullshit.

Call what you want, I know what's true.

Buy a late model buick with a 3800 v6, decent car, fairly comfy and available. Its not a race car, but its comfy, affordable and AMERICAN. domestic parts are cheaper... for the most part.

Use the money to get away from Detroit.

48659 here.

Take his advice. You'll be paying more for less of you dislike rust. Rust tax is real.

Look on Craigslist for shits and grins. You'll be upset with what we pay.

anyone have >opinions on a 2nd gen chrysler concorde?
My dad's painting some guys house and got him down to 800 for it its only got like 16k miles on it. Got to realign the bumper a little but and put one of the mirror back on but it seems fine otherwise.
Not sure on the specific year

Listen to this guy, he works for a 'major' car company. If (x)(# of recals)< cost of recal, they don't do them.

This caught my eye. Seems fishy though