>the spark plugs threads are wet, that figures
>haven't drained the oil yet mind you
>anyways the plugs+ignition coils are out
>turn the ignition hoping that the water will spurt out of the cylinders
>fucking nothing
>try again and nothing
>getting late
>gotta get a m8 to take me to a auto parts store and get fresh oil tomorrow
Can I still save her? I don't want to go over the hassle to get a new car again if all it takes to save is by getting new plugs and oil.

or just cut my losses and move on?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=to6BbkTKfJo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hahahaha dumbass.

this shit sucks guys, i just feel like a huge loser without my car, without being able to take yourself around with being a burden to work friends by begging for rides.

I really want to save it

>cranking it after driving through a puddle that killed you

whats the fuck. did you never have a father figure in life? Did you even check your oil, and air filter before cranking?

>i just feel like a huge loser without my car

Cheer up user.

You drive a FWD shitbox. You are a loser with or without your car

>having a cold air intake

t. Lifetime bus pass holder

great, thanks

gotta learn the hard way

anyways has anyone dealt with this before?

>anyways has anyone dealt with this before?
yes I've saved 1 vehicle from flooding.

step one was don't crank it after it shuts off from water

and then? what did you do after the fact?

Pull the plugs out and crank it.
Check engine compression. Can hire the tool.
Your user manual should have how much compression you should be making in each cylinder.
If it's lost compression you've probably bent a piston rod

to be very thorough:
remove everything intake related - drain it, pull spark plugs, drain fuel (if you think it go tin), new oil/trans fluid if it got water in it. try to crank and hope it shoots water out of cylinders. let anything else dry up or find a way to vacuum it out. compression check, and make sure everything else is in order

also you might just have an electrical problem so check your battery and all the fuses

>gotta learn the hard way
No you dont? I'd ask if you are retarded, but then again, you drive a honda

Do you have a cold air intake sitting low in the engine bay? If not, it's likely an electrical problem. My first car had an exposed crankshaft sensor, when I went through a puddle my car would die for 30 minutes to 6 hours.

yes. it's beside the driver's side wheel.

Start looking for a new car.

Jesus christ... just wait until life throws you real problems. You should probably kill yourself now.

So this is the end for it?

A base DC5 in perfect condition with low mileage is worth maybe $7-8k with no history of being a submarine. It's just not worth dumping the money for a rebuilt engine or a swap.

It's got 120,700 miles on it. so no?

Nothing of value was lost

Fwd is fantastic for performance, glad I sold my other shit

Hopefully you can part it out and make a few grand back over the next year. Good luck user.

Wait, wait?

Does it even crank?

No, I think it might be worth rebuilding the engine or getting a swap. He'd be a few thousand out, but that's less than $7-8k and the rest of the car is fine. Engine aside, it didn't flood.

>got beat by a fwd at a green light
>lifes work to shitpost about fwd on Veeky Forums

Still throwing good money at a bad situation.

if it's something you care about, yes.

but i've got about 8 grand saved for another if im really that fucked like everyone else says...

nothing moves, albeit the battery turns on and such but it wont budge man.

Lights on the dash?

nobody asked if he has an original intake or one of those "hey lets hydrolock the engine!" cold air intakes.

Furthermore, if you pulled the plugs and the engine dosent crank at all, turn it over by hand and see if you can get 4-8 "smooth" rotations in. If theres no click or anything from the starter its likely to be an electrical fault.

pic related, you.

>cranking it twice when there's water in the cc.
You'll be lucky if it's salvageable without a rebuild

We did ask. He's got a CAI

one of your rods like likely bent enough to wedge the piston so it cannot turn over. If the starter doesn't click when you turn the key, starter could just be fucked from getting wet.

Read moar.

This, turn it over by hand, if it will turn by hand you may not be fucked yet.

yeah it turns on

Damn, I need to lurk moar as it would appear.

>tfw when no vtec submarine

How long has it been out of the water?

since monday user

>inb4 OP just blew a fuse
It's a Honda though, so who cares. Get a real car faggot.

New fuel + trans fluid isn't needed. Just new oil.

what do you drive?

Did it crank after you took the plugs out?

Does
>nope
Mean it wouldn't fire or it wouldn't crank? Any knocks when it shut off?

no :(

it wouldn't fire, no noise except you'd hear the battery.

it'd do exactly this for example

youtube.com/watch?v=to6BbkTKfJo

fuck. well yeah, it'll do the same like so

No, he has a CWI

heh..

Oof.

Correct answer was it moved after you took the plugs out.

The people who say cranking it after the fact was the cause are wrong.

You were done before you left the puddle. Unless you can crank by hand, she seized because something bent before water compressed.

Sry

The checking

There is a small chance you can save the engine when it shuts off due to water. I used to go offroading and mudding every Sunday and I've seen this shit a lot. Keep in mind this is splashing. No idea how deep the puddle was and how low op filter is

were the damages pretty bad?

Take all the plugs out and try turning it over with a socket and ratchet. If it's difficult to turn over (I think normal cranking torque without compression is like 8 ft lb) or stops, something is bent and you're fucked. If it's smooth maybe there is a safety that got tripped but unlikely. You can also take valve cover off and look at the valve springs to see if they all close fully for bent valves.

>tfw you have a wrx and can splash through puddles like a motherfucker with no worries

For the vehicles that fired up and drove off after pulling the plugs, I think worst was a small bend in valve or pushrod (knock when running) oil was likely diluted and killed the bearings on way home though. For those it killed could be broken connecting rod, or even a warped or cracked head or even cracked block. Weakest point will fail

that helps