/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Went too much without a thread edition

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Homebrew: Browser/Menuhax up to 11.0)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: Any / 3.60 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Kernel)

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Other Consoles: pastebin.com/pHS5LaR5

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-11.0 Browserhax & Menuhax are out now! smealum.github.io/3ds/
-Install Menuhax ASAP if you're not already on CFW, because Nintendo can block Browserhax remotely without a workaround twitter.com/smealum/status/758450605568372736
-You STILL can't downgrade, use CFW or install .cia files from 11.0 without a hardmod or hacked system transfer github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/DSiWare-Downgrade
-Playing 3DS with various controllers now possible gbatemp.net/threads/435788/

>Wii U
-Kernel exploit for 5.5.1 leaked, allowing Loadiine to run and more.
-Development on IOSU allegedly underway i.imgur.com/6f4Ktlh.png

>Vita
-Homebrew available now on latest firmware (3.60) henkaku.xyz

Other urls found in this thread:

gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/zero-time-dilemma/123490
gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-title-installer-firmware-spoofing-3-x-5-4-0.397053/
twitter.com/MajorTomVita/status/760595053865820166
wololo.net/2016/08/02/sony-just-update-terms-service-vita-hack-release/
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

are you planning to use them on a Gateway or a Sky3DS?

adaptor works perfectly

as long as you're not using a Go

possibly a way too specific question; I installed the dlc cia for phoenix wright dual destinies but the 6th case has not popped up yet, did i fuck up?

does it match the region of the game

is there a way to check the region of an installed game?

should've seen it before you installed or downloaded it

Will all emulators run roms like shit unless I get a cfw and add them to the menu? I figured adding the bios would help speed things up a little, but fuck that.

Also what are some good games to import besides Dragon Quest Monsters Joker 3?

guess i fucked up, are savefiles region free?

>15. Copy FBI_inject_with_banner.app to the root of your SD card and reinsert your SD card into your 3DS
I did this.
>16. Press B on Decrypt9, then go to "SysNAND Options", then "Miscellaneous...", and select the "Health & Safety Inject" option
I also did this.

However
>17. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A to inject
This doesn't match up with what Decrypt9 is prompting me with.

After selecting said option Decrypt9 reads
>You selected "Health&Safety Inject".
>This feature writes to the SysNAND.
>Doing this is potentially dangerous!

>If you wish to proceed, enter:
>, , , ,

>(B to return, START to reboot)

Pressing "down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app" like the guide says, does nothing. pressing "down" doesn't do anything.
I meant to press Left, Up, Right, Up, A, and then press down to select it? That might be it, but I don't feel free spirited enough to take such a bet when I am faced with an explicit warning that reads
>This feature writes to the SysNAND.
>Doing this is potentially dangerous!
when the guide doesn't actually match up with what I am faced with. So what's up?
Am I using a different version of Decrypt9 than the guide is referring to, or did the guide really just skip a step? Or is it something else?

Sky3DS+

I do plan to homebrew my console eventually (it's only 10.7 so should be possible) but I want to delay it as much as possible because of the brick chance (as small as it is), so for now I am looking for a ZTD .3ds everywhere but can't find it. I did find one actually but it didn't work for some reason

>queued up 6 games to install in ciangel

>gonna watch the Breaking the 3DS presentation while they are downloading

the leet homebrew hacker life sure is comfy

Right, tried to do the battery pull. Still nothing, just black screens when using luma to boot into rednand.

I'm really rather peeved that I'm stuck on part 3 of the guide. It seemed like the first three steps would have gone without much trouble at all.

did ZTD get a physical release?

you're not a hacker unless you helped develop for the scene though, like I

I can find it on GameStop, so, probably?

gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/zero-time-dilemma/123490

Yeah that's really unfortunate, user.

If you can't think of anything else to try then you should ask for help on the github page.

>If you still cannot solve your issue and need to reach out for help, please paste the contents of all relevant .log files from the root of your SD card into a Gist, then come for help prepared with a detailed description of your problem and what you've tried.

I hope you can solve this and enjoy the amazingness of a9lh like the rest of us!

script kiddie life*

Quick question, can HENhaku get your PSN account banned?
Or better putting, is there a way i can disable PSN auto start?

Yeah, I know.

What would one need to learn to start contributing and developing homebrew stuff?

There aren't any cases of PSN accounts banned from using HENkaku, but just in case, people are logging off their accounts.

yeah i figured as much, just kinda bummed you can't have a login on demand kind of setting like the ps3

Kind of out of topic but just found my ps2 in a box and it still works
What games should I get?

Totally getting Monster Hunter since I want to try it now that I mainly play Generations
All I play back then was GTA and Tony Hawk

Yes.
They altered the ToS a few days ago specifying that homebrew, among other "unapproved apps", will result in a console or PSN ban if suspected of harboring them on your consoles. Since PSN bans are profile-wide, I just decided to skip out on doing anything to my Vita since it just isn't worth it.

you know you can set up multiple accounts on a vita using homebrew, right?

Can i have the 3ds save files and the wii u save files in a same sd card?

It does console bans too so it doesn't matter much outside of avoiding bans on your main. It doesn't even do anything new anyway that the 3DS doesn't do better.

remove hs.app from your sd card it sometimes doesn't let you switch if it's there

see you in 5 hours, bricko

only EU didn't

personally, i'm just waiting and seeing

does user have an EU console?

Thanks for the reply.
I tried that now though, but I am faced with the exact same result as before.
>, , , ,

>(B to return, START to reboot)
And pressing down doesn't select anything.
The guide makes no mention of
>, , , ,
whatsoever though. I can only assume you're meant to do
>17. Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A to inject
before
>, , , ,
But no guide seems to mention it. And if I understand things correctly, doing this incorrectly can very well brick my system. I've got no EmuNAND or anything.

So, did I get it right? You can now downgrade up to 11.0 without these specific cartridges?

common sense to do the combination, how else are you going to proceed

yes, but you still need hardmod/hacked 3ds+dsiware

11.0 is still hardmod or another cfw 3ds only

DOSBox for PSVita when

So, Vita CFW when?

I give it a year.

Question, why can't I play ZTD on my Sky3DS+?

When I press the red button for the next game, it only flashes a green light and goes back to the previous game

Probably not anytime soon. The update coming out in a few weeks is going to patch out henkaku. With the new ToS making homebrew specifically an offense, it's not looking too bright.

a 10.7-32 something, can be hacked without anything in special?

>common sense
Common sense would suggest pressing down to select "FBI_inject_with_banner.app", then pressing A to proceed.
Since the guide says
>Press down once to select FBI_inject_with_banner.app, then press A to inject
and since Decrypt9 explicitly warns about how doing it wrong can ruin everything.

I have no joke done something very similar way in the past. And at that time I listened to your "common sense", and it resulted in the app trying to write fucking nothing to the disk, completely wrecking it in the process.
Hence why I'd like to make sure I have "FBI_inject_with_banner.app" selected like the guide says, before proceeding.

But you're telling me I should press the button combination to proceed, and then I'll get the option to select "FBI_inject_with_banner.app"?
And you know this and aren't just assuming it?

yes but read the guide very carefully without doing anything. turn your 3DS off if it's on.

Managed to get rednand to boot, I just had to use the 5.2 version fo luma for some reason.

It's just updating the rednand right now, the last step of the rednand part of the guide. I'm going to leave the other two parts for tomorrow, since it's already past midnight right now.

Why is freeshop and ciangel downloading slow? I used them the past few days and they downloaded at normal speed. Is it my internet or are the apps messing up today?

>download so many games
>dont play any of them longer than a couple hours

Meh. Are there any open world games for the 3DS or is that asking too much? I'd already play half of these 3DS games before I hacked it. An now I'm realizing why I didn't buy the other half.

Anyunderrated or import games of note?

Anyone?

>turn your 3DS off if it's on

wot, why?

so you can read the guide and comprehend it without your 3ds connecting online and possibly fucking you over

good luck with the rest of the guide user

I just got a Wii U on 5.40U and have Tubehax DNS setup.

I'd like to get 5.5.1 spoofed so I can play games online, as outlined here: gbatemp.net/threads/wup-installer-title-installer-firmware-spoofing-3-x-5-4-0.397053/
but the wupinstaller website says its account is suspended. I tried wayback machine to see if I could get the version_usa.rar, but I'm unsure if it's actually to spoof to 5.5.1, the latest version.

I get error code 0xfffbf440 which isn't outlined in the guide so I'm imagining it's the wrong version or something.
Anyone know what I can do right now to spoof to 5.5.1? Anyone have the 5.5.1 version_usa files?

Also, the web exploit seems to fail launching the homebrew browser the majority of the time. Any way I can increase the success rate?

Well, provided that disconnect it from the Wi-Fi, I won't have an issue, right?

Or do that, yes.

are there any well-functioning cores with retroarch vita yet?

Genesis Plus GX is at the stage of being good

Looks like the NES one and CPS are working pretty well

So what's this Tomodachi Life Welcome Version that I have on my N3DS? Is it just a demo version of the game or what? I've never loaded it.

yes demo

twitter.com/MajorTomVita/status/760595053865820166

update on Vita game modding

Piracy when?

If we can finally strip the NPDRM off executables, it may well be here.

It's pretty decent from what I've done with it.

Sonic 2 and 3 run great, in hand and on TV.

Anyone?

>ToS
Didn't this happen only to Yuurope? I mean, it's only a matter of time until it's updated to everywhere.
>wololo.net/2016/08/02/sony-just-update-terms-service-vita-hack-release/

any point to hacking my 3ds besides to play free games? any cool shit I can do?

emulators, custom themes, homebrew like doom, use your 3DS as a controller on PC, video stream(n3ds), screenshots anywhere, region free and some other stuff

Sorry for that mean guy replying to you.
Yes you are supposed to press the button combination, after that you will get the option to chose which app file to inject

is there a way to use my save of pokemon emerald from a gba emulator for android on a gba vc cia on my 3ds?
I tried replacing them, and it didn't work

anyone got a monkey ball gba cia?

Any signs of a working backup loader for Vita yet or is it still just kickass homebrew?

Just kickass homebrew. Come back in a year and we'll have one (for a firmware that is a year out of date)

henkaku hasn't even been out for a fucking week
calm down man

To be fair Sony is pretty slow at firmware updates.

Bump?
All you vitafags should know some good ps2 games right?

I was in the same situation lad. I accepted that the 3DS is a Pokemon and Monster Hunter machine and moved on.

The button combination is to confirm that you definitely want to inject something. It's basically the "Are you sure?" dialogue that you would see when you want to install a program on the computer. You 100% need to confirm that you want to inject "FBI_inject_with_banner.app"

It's newish, which is why the guide doesn't have it in it.

However, if you are having problems with this, you will likely have a number of issues later on, since not EVERY SINGLE button press is recorded. In fact, there's one point where it just says to go and do what you did before. If I were you, I'd actually stop and just wait for someone to upload an entire tutorial to Youtube or something. This last part isn't sarcasm, at one point the guide says to go do something you've done before with little direction - if you're not at least somewhat understanding what you're doing at the individual steps, you'll actually have a few problems later on. Best not to risk it and just to wait.

Is it a fat PS2 or no?

Ace Combat 4, 5, Zero.

If no PS3, get the Ratchet and Clank games. Any is good except Size Matters.

user, I actually hope you're baiting for (You)'s, because if you're not, you will have a fuck load of problems with the remainder of the guide.

>google
>v recommended games
>fuck off

Midnight Club 3
Fifa Street 2 (I don't like sports game, but this is very fun)
Need For Speed Underground 2/Most Wanted
The Godfather is cool
Bully if you haven't played it elsewhere
Guitar Hero games up to 3 are also kinda good
Crash Twinsanity/Spyro a Hero's Tail
Three first Harry Potter games are alright I guess
Simpsons the Game is ok, but better played as coop

vg recommended games when

>I've got no EmuNAND or anything.
This has to be bait...

Yes why

Thanks

he's on the 9.2 update part, have to inject fbi to install plaisysupdater to update to 9.2

We don't play games here

i have a problem, i successfully installed the a9lh mod but when i booted it to it after
Section VI - Finalizing setup
19)Go to SysNAND Backup/Restore, then select Health&Safety Inject
github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax)

clicked on a game to play i got a sd card was removed error and all of the games and hbl,fbi and lumaupdater.cias i had installed from rxtool before the luma cfw disappeared.
the version of fbi on my health and safety app was old and did not have the qrcode in it. also when i put cias for the old fbi to install i get an error

hblauncher_loader.cia
install failed!
could not install app
raw error: 0xc8e083fc
module: AM (0x20)
level: status (0x19)
summary: invalid argument (0x7)
description: already exists (0x3fc)

fbi,cia
install failed!
could not install app
raw error: 0xc8804478
module: FS (0x11)
level: status (0x19)
summary: invalid argument (0x4)
description: title not found (0x78)

any idea what i can do to get everything back?

If it's a fat PS2 you can go through with the HDD softmod for piracy.

>It's basically the "Are you sure?" dialogue that you would see when you want to install a program on the computer.
Decrypt9 doesn't actually in any way convey that you get get any options or chances of input after the fact.
Without prior knowledge one could easily assume it would jump straight into injecting.

Did the guide, everything went fine. Week later, I'm trying to open the homebrew launcher and it loads into a black screen. Nothing happens after waiting and I need to force restart the o3ds. How can I get the launcher working again?

>Without prior knowledge

Yeah, which the guide gives you by telling you that you have to choose a file to install.

Question. Is it possible to look for a specific savefile from the vita and move it to another account?

I have a savefile on my Japanese account from my physical P4G and i want to move that save to my American account

sounds like your sd fucked up, you can try restoring a backup with hourglass9 on boot

Might be possible now that we can decrypt savedatas

how can i play cps2 games?

If someone can let this user know if titleID info can be changed on savefiles, I believe that will answer his question.

emulator

thanks bro