/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Previous thread: >Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

First for PURGE FILTH

Post passwords I'm bored

Third for wacky sacks.

Pass: anusrape

Coming

LudLud is down!
You can join me for Research Hall if you want.
Same pass
At the Lamp

I had fun, my guy, sorry I suck so bad lel

That's who I meant to reply to at all

Meant for

>tfw offline mode poorfag
>tfw missing out on glyphs
>tfw missing out on co-op
>tfw can't beat Ludwig on my Blt build alone and the NPC phantom gets distracted by tentacle giants

Is there some way to get free PSN trials or something?

>Summoning Henriett

Have you been to the Woods, user? There's a friend waiting for you in the shortcut right near the lantern.

Pretty sure you can get a 2 week free trial, also it's $4 a month I believe, just buy one month and cancel

Who's up for HBLB with a twink? Pass is stumpbug

You should have gotten a free two week one when you got your machine.

Barring that, a month's subscription is like $5 or something, get one and cancel it before the month is out, re-subscribe when you like. Or get a year's subscription for a birthday or Christmas from someone.

Need help on celestial ay lmao
Outside boss door pass: aylmao

What is the level meta?

Be there in a sec ayyyy

150 120 115 and 98

I killed Valtr for the goddamn snake whistle before getting the rune

>115 is a separate meta from 120

???

Ayyyy thanks im waiting

Anyone willing to help with The Livid Retards?

Pass: ayy

P.S. Bring Clawmark Runes

No user, you are the vermin.

Fuck it, why not. On my way.

Only one y right? aylmao not ayylmao?

Yes just aylmao

Alright boss, hang on, lost connection there

Ok

How low is your level? I'm only BL54 and I'm getting downscaled.

BL: 25
Wanted to make an overkill earlygame co-op character.
You know the Hamlet Gems and all that.

Is the bloodmoon actually the moon, or a different celestial body? From outside Yharnam the moon looks normal, and it's in a totally different position. From inside Yharnam you can't see the original moon, but the bloodmoon is visibly in front of the clouds. Maybe the bloodmoon just hangs in front of it? The textures don't even look similar, there are craters and shit that aren't visible on both.

Would it be acceptable to use Blacksky Eye and non-broccoli Kos Parasite on a Micolash cosplay?

Kos Parasite is basically a requirement, Blacksky Eye would be weird but Damian of Mensis uses it so whatever.

Everything ok with you?

Ringing again, lost connection twice. This is doesn't usually happen, sorry man.

Its fine ive got a lot of time

I want to play this again but after my save got corrupted during a storm I haven't felt like it. What a waste of 500 hours.

Time to make a new build.

What's the best version and gems for the moonlight greatsword

How we doing now?

Why do people do this?

Depends on the build

Lost connection again, man, really sorry about this

Try resetting your PS4, I'll reset mine, too

I got em!
My strategy did devolve into pegging all my Molotovs and waiting and backstabbing them when they cast the meteor shower.

Wanna go for Maria?
At least shes just one target.
And doesnt have as much health.

Same pass

Thanks man you want to help me with the 2nd boss?

A N N I H I L A T ED

Sure thing! I'll be ringing by the fog.

Glorius Execution!
May the good blood guide your way brother.

Nice dude whats this alter do it wont let me do anything with it?

And let us cleanse these tarnished streets!

Good luck out there, fellow hunter.

25/25 strength and skill and 70 arcane also what gems would you recomend?

had my first Wacky Sacking(although second encounter with a Bagkman, fought one in the first Chalice Dungeon), so now I've been to Hypogean Gaol, which makes my recent achievements as such;

Killed Blood Starved Beast
Found the Radiant Sword Hunter Badge
Found the Abandoned Workshop
Killed the Beast-Possessed Soul(and obtained the Beast Rune)
Been to Hypogean Gaol and activated it's lamp

didn't fully explore the area at the bottom of the Healing Church Workshop due to getting Bagged, so after I finish that, is there anything else I should do next(besides farming enough Echoes to get the Ludwig's Holy Blade)?

That's for bringing back the Vileblood Queen if you let Alfred destroy her and then you took the Queenly Flesh from her throne

im from /dsg/ and just bought a ps4 so that i could play bloodborne, got some questions now;
what sl is the meta?
are all weapons viable?
what stats are worth to invest into?
is it fun?

All weapons are viable, some are just more fun than others.
Go strength, skill, or quality for first playthrough.
It is very fun.

And leave right now before you get spoiled anymore than you might already have been.

alright thanks dude, might come back tomorrow once i got the game for some coop

Meta is 80-120, 98 here, 150 for Reddit shitters. All weapons are viable. First playthroughs usually go with quality. Start as Military Veteran and go 50/25 or 25/50 Strength and Skill, disregard Bloodtinge and Arcane. Save those for another character. Don't stay here too long, better to go blind first time around. Really fun game, especially for Arcane.

When is the best time to play the DLC? First playthrough or NG+? I'm almost level 90, doing my first run.

The meta around /bbg/ is 98, because it allows invading down to level 80 builds (100 is just out of reach for that) and avoids level 150 reddit shitters.

Every weapon is viable for PvE, PvP is different. You can make anything work if you try hard enough, but some weapons take more effort than others.

Strength and skill are the damage stats you'll want to go for your first time through, arc and bloodtinge are tricky for newcomers. Endurance is a luxury stat in this game though, you'll never need to level it beyond twenty on any given build unless you're giant.

I have well over 2000 hours in the game, so let that speak for how fun it is.

Now run off ya little scamp, this game is best experienced blind.

>meta
98 if you're a lucifag, 117 if you want to start an argument. Honestly, either one is fine.

>weapons
Absolutely every weapon is vaible. Each weapon is unique, there's no really objectively better weapon. The best start weapon is the axe due to its high damage, wide range and rally potential (getting back health with attacks). The Saw Cleaver is solid, fast and damages beasts extra (all saw weapons do). The Cane is the weakest, but has good range and speed.

>stats
Depends what build you want. Strength gives access to many weapons, as does Skill. Arcane and Bloodtinge are more specialized and can be mixed in with Strength and Skill, or pure builds. For a beginner, go Strength or Skill and don't worry too much about stats until you're familiar with the game. Then start experimenting with Arcane and Bloodtinge. Arcane is for spells, Bloodtinge for guns and some weapons.

>fun
Fun as fuck, my dude

I fucking hate this whole paid online shit. The only reason i'm not replaying BB now being tired as fuck from DS3.

NG, you're a bit over leveled but your gems and weapon upgrades is what matters the most.

43, 70, 100, 120, 140

Getting bored of DaS3 and its bullshit, considering getting back to BB, is there a lot of people to duel in thizznigga3 or fight clubs still?

What gems should I be using on a Boomhammer if I have 40 Strength and 25 Arcane? Also regular, uncanny or lost?

Regular. You want either normal Physical, Blunt, or Nourishing gems. Blunts will probably give you the most bang, add a Heavy Abyssal if you plan on going to 50 strength.

It's bullshit, but at least it's cheap. Five dollars a month isn't much, but that's no excuse.

Blame MicroShill for starting this awful meme.

I'm spelunking in Root Isz, anyone wants to join me?

Hizznigger was getting a lot of traffic the other day and we have weekly FCs here

on the other hand you do get some free games every month from having a PS+ membership which I say is more than worth the price of admittance

Sure, why not. Glyph?

Have you guys found Guidance 3 yet?

Free games is nice, but that should be separate from online functionality. If you want to pay money to get extra shit, that's fine, that makes sense. But needing to pay for the internet that you're already paying for? That can fuck right off.

Separate the two of them, online being free and PS+ costing money, and everything would be fine.

Glyph is k8v77kwp, I'm at the first boss, it's an undead giant.

The glyph's not working for me. You sure you opened it?

Sorry, I'm dumb, I completely forgot.
Try now.

Can someone please help me with Ludwig? I'm trying to get church pick early on but he's ruining me. Pass is "ludwig"

Sweet, I'll be ringing my summon bell outside the locked boss gate. Should we set a password?

Yeah, pass is pip

Alright, ringing now.

On my way, are you at the Nightmare Church or the boss fog?

Omw

At the nightmare church, guys. I'll wait for you both

FUCK

Holy shit, how did he do it?

Ringing

Ringing now

Augur 2stronk. I'll be ringing in a sec, gonna go restock on bullets first.

Sure, I'm ringing near the lantern.

Noooo, I screwed it up, sorry

Ah shit, got trapped next to his horse dick, ringing again if you can't finish him

Yeah, he landed on me and 1 hit me.

Wanna do the next layer?

Job well done! Pretty easy dungeon so far all things considered. I'll be ringing at the layer 2 lantern.

Beckoning bell or resonant bell?

Resonant, sorry. We'll do the layers on your side first.

Sorry, I was too close to one of you and he landed on me when trying to get to you... Also sorry about the brief afk, thought it would take you longer to die lol

I'm awful at ludwig lol especially his second form, I too often get caught in a combo and can't escape it

Goddammit I underestimated how hard that mob hit. Not even a message rating saved me.

Yeah his first form isn't too bad once you learn it, but I've never figured out his second form.

Agreed, first form is pretty much dodging to the left and attacking his belly

Sorry, I got HMPH'd.
Ringing near the boss door.