/vn/ - Spoiler Edition

Visual Novel General #1155

READ THE FOLLOWING, THIS IS IMPORTANT

>Having trouble with your VN? Try the following before you ask for tech support:

1. Be in Japanese locale
2. Read the Readme
3. Read the wiki below
4. Google it

>FAQs, Recommendations, and Other Useful Things:
visual-novels-general.wikia.com/wiki/

>Need a novel with a specific element?
vndb.org/g

>Visual Novel Translation Status
warosu.org/jp/?task=search2&search_tripcode=!!UcDDlzwANFs&search_op=op

>Download Links:
pastebin.com/U7HUj0fk/

Previous threads:
pastebin.com/zeiYgLrs/

This general is for the discussion of English-translated Japanese visual novels.

Kindly use spoiler tags appropriately when discussing plot spoilers to facilitate smooth discussion.

Other urls found in this thread:

vndb.org/t4700
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can you not fuck with the OP? Retard.

2nd for autist free edition.

>steins;gate spoiler in the OP
Back the fuck off??

Muvluv starter guide, any new readers check it out!

That last thread was absolutely toxic, and a shining example of what happens when boys play misogynistic visual novels for too long.

I hope this thread will be better.

I didn't realize there were so many girls on /vn/

I said
>autist free edition
Is that so difficult to understand? Christ.

kill yourself trans homo fag

Who fucking made this thread

>/vn/ is now /soc/
hidoi. still better than the jops but still gross.

Me, the OP.

What`s so hard to understand about that?

I should have known better considering the autism in the last thread

Can we top the cancer from last thread?

Ding dong, Dovac's dead.

Maybe.

Hopefully.

The only girl I need in my life is Murasame-chan.
Pillows when??

I'm going back to /jp/

Yeah, plenty of """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""girls"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" here, user.

>Dovac fired
>people bullying cute girls out of /vn/
>Gahkthun, the last great hope for translated kamige, destroyed by critics
Is this the darkest day in the history of /vn/?

If Subahibi doesn't come out today I'm ending it.

Is that the new VN by Yuzusoft

You do know you can get banned for posting gore, right?

What?

Taking requests btw

What's your favorite VN and what is it about?

The thread sure is active. Can't say I like the activity though.

Can we go back to being deader than the Sumaga translation?

I forgot the name but it's about cute girls and it has a school setting. Also, the protagonist is a generic wimpy Asian male.

>dovac fired
you cant fire yourself from your own company

Was going to post this guys.

Whatever you are doing at the moment, playing a visual novel, thinking about your next jop vs eop shitpost, spoilering shit for others because you are autistic, or fapping to the thought that we have (had) a girl itt, just pause for a moment and think about this.
This is what we all hoped for.
This is what we all prayed for.
This is the day our wish finally has come true.
Rejoice /vn/, for the great devil has been slain, and peace and prosperity will finally return to our lands.

That the same one where he walks in on the girls undressing?

Investors strong-armed him into committing suicide, or so I heard. Don't quote me on that though.

Exactly! And one of the girls physically abuses him in the response while he stands mute with his mouth agape.

We don't know for certain yet. He could've just taken his name off out of one of his tantrums.

The childhood friend in that one was pretty good.

>tfw finally done with rise's route
holy fuck finally time to move onto ritsuko

Oh I personally prefer the tsundere, I like how she never really develops her character and switches from hot to cold in the span of a second, even when they're in a serious relationship! It's hilarious.

SHE'S MINE

You have to banish that possibility from reality. Don't acknowledge it with even a single cell of your body.

You should learn to appreciate best girl. Rise pulled me out of sad times when the title first launched. Her enthusiasm and cheerfulness and the immense levels of cuteness were all perfect.

Anyone else feel bad for that girl from last thread? I hope she knows we aren't all assholes here and some of us support her

Rise is the absolute best.

What VN soundtracks do you guys have? I got this today and have all the Steins Gate ones.

Not if I buy her first

At not winning the poll.

Goddess. Where is my fandisc?

She got was she asked for; You could all be girls for all I care for (or cute traps, whatever), and I would give no fucks because we are all anons here. If she feels the need to try to garner attention by mentioning her gender then she will get attention, just not the kind she wants.

There is /soc/ for that. As far as I am concerned her blogposting and revalling herself were totally uncalled for, and as such the reaction to it should have suprised no-one.

>wont have that wall-scroll because tasteless faggots voted ritsuko

btw i'm a girl

that's because rise is lowest tier

Ruriko should have won that poll, but tasteless faggots will be tasteless.

That implies that people here really buy stuff.

I am not memeing in any way, I am positiv that 75%+ people here have never payed for a single vn they have read.

t. Pleb

He also changed his twitter description from talking about how he was part of SP to "Rest in Pieces -- Somewhere in hell."

My guess, Aroduc transfered the Seinarukana curse to him, and being a pathetic shitbag, he fired a couple people without talking to anybody and then got reamed out by the rest of SP. Eager to see what the end of this is.

Source: My gaping asshole

What did I miss?

Did she get bullied out?

>ruriko
lel didnt even have a route. she doesn't deserve it

Thinking about Rise just makes me feel incredibly happy, and will for a long, long time. This is what makes me sincerely believe that moege are the greatest art form.

Seriously though I don't understand how he managed anything, dude is legitimately mentally ill or something.

Any of you qt traps btw?

Well, his last meltdown was really, really bad, even for Dovac.

The normal "male/10", "post tits" and so on shitposting.

I wouldn`t call it bullying because I am not from reddit or facebook, just the average bants you have to expect here when posting /soc/ shit outside of /soc/

His last or his latest?

I honestly don't remember what his previous one was.

can we please leave the /soc/ and related posting in last thread? not even the eop/jop shit goes between threads.

its already over guy, you dont need to bring it up.

His latest. Or last.

Whatever means the one he had over the last few days. Normally I am pretty confident in my english, but I am still a filthy ESL.

I am EFL and I'm not sure what the difference between "last" and "latest" is supposed to be

Even if Dovac's out, they're still going to run a Kickstarter for Baldr and it's still going to be shit.

"Latest" always refers to the most recent, e.g. the one he had over KaraKara. "Last" could mean either the most recent, or the one before that.

Last is like the end, fin. And latest is the last one to date

Unclear != wrong.

Last could be referring to the time before the present. It depends on what the speaker's frame of reference is.

>yfw witnessing Sekai project go down in flames

The feeling is orgasmic. Knees won't stop shaking. Aahg I just hope Baldr Sky is delivered

>all these people happy that SP might be tanking

You should instead be hoping that they pull trough with someone competent at the wheel.

How is that preferable to them tanking?

But I fully expect Dovac to come back in a few days with some kind of mocking post about how hated he is but he's doing so well and is so successful like he always does.

Why not just learn Japanese?

because a competent localizer that would do it right and fully utilize their 18+ store is better than them completely disappearing

And you should be learning Japanese so you can laugh all you want and not be affected by it.

and you should stop shitposting

What is this, man?? I'm almost there

Nothing about that post was shitposting though

>Learn Japanese so you don't have to be at the mercy of companies like Sekai Project.
>shitposting
I don't know that seems like pretty sound advice.

>sore wa sou
what does this mean?

it does nothing but provoke a fight in these threads. Just stop. Im not saying you are wrong either.

>best girl stops being the best girl because of how she acts in another route.
well fuck now I just don't have a best girl at all. Fuck your inconsistency, chiho.

But user, you already have Rise.

When do the Yoake routes split?

They don't.

vndb.org/t4700

> Dovac hasn't posted on twitter for a full TWO DAYS.

He has to be dead, he can't go five minutes without blogging about french fries or how wasted he or his company is.

Think the co-founder hired lewd ninja assassins to get rid of him? It's what I would do.

Aroduc bullied him to death

T-they don't? You mean they're literally just 'endings', rather than routes in and of themselves?

So there's technically only three major routes, right? Blondloli, Feena/co., and true?

Aroduc has slain the monster. Truly a God amongst men.

When is he going to do his Baldr Sky post? He said he'd post something about it a while ago.

>rise

God, why would you ever read Yoake? It's like watching paint dry, it's awful.

You know it's bad when you can't even detect any attempts at comedy, plot development, or even moe in the first five or so hours. Jesus christ, at least Koiken Otome tickled my heart and thirst for shounen battorus a bit. I was at least smiling throughout most of Yves and Akane's routes.

But this? Gahhhh. This is going to be my first time actually dropping a VN, and I don't even have anything above modest standards.

>tfw Chuee gets cucked out of his website editing job because SP jails
Dear god I would literally cum my fucking pants I hate him so much

He said that he would talk about AX at some point, but not that week, nor the next. I got the impression that he's not ready to talk about it until negotiations are done, and I love Doddles but even he isn't good enough to prevent both Aroduc and Dovac from killing eachother or themselves.

Alrighty, so I just (re)started Majikoi. I remember stopping after Chris, Yukie, and Momoyo routes because I found that the girls were too Mary Sue-y. They never lost at all, especially Momoyo.

At least the comedy and friendship simulator parts were fantastic.

Does this ever improve in the other routes?

>SP kicks the bucket before Grisaia patch is released
Who is punishing me

Akane is boring as fuck.

I thought August only made kamige? Did the JOPs lie to me?

I don't think Aroduc would kill himself unless he knew it would take everyone else out with him.

It's the usual moogy style "It's translated so it's shit"

Should we write a eulogy for Dovac?

Akane's route was boring at the beginning because of her denseness. It rapidly improved post-confession, and it's one of the few routes that I found had a good, impactful conclusion.

I didn't like Yuzu as a heroine, and, generally speaking, they didn't do enough with that route.

I liked Touko's route as a whole, but I found that it needed a better conclusion. Yves I adored and beelined to first, mostly because she was best girl. Even with the lack of battles and the lacklustre super-quick final fight between her and Akane, I very much enjoyed the route.

> Yves power 'going berserk' tying her up in proper bondage position 'against her will, really!'

'Dawww.

You're thinking of Yuzusoft. I've read mediocre Yuzusoft VNs, but never a bad one, and I've never felt bored.