Sticky?

Why do we have no sticky like other boards?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/investing/wiki/faq
vimeo.com/68634031
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mods forgot about Veeky Forums :(

Because giving investments/business advice with a sticky is, broadly speaking, a bad idea.

>The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

I mean at the very least they should give us good sources and books to read. Not investment advice persay just a foundation beginners can build on after they've read the essentials we sticky. Too many threads ask for this already. It probably would be a good idea except that mods hardly come here.

Veeky Forums was originally basically a containment board for cryptocoin shills and Wipe's threads on /pol/

Someone started making a sticky infographic thing a year or more ago but mods apparently didn't like it/ weren't interested.

We have a discord

I remember a while ago like literally last year it was bizninja website for our forum which had permanent things but like that is dead

The sticky does not have to be about financial advice. A FAQ, some useful links and the correct use of the kneepads meme would suffice.

that guy was just after traffic and the mods saw through his unclever scheme.

I enjoyed some of the threads, especially the analyzing stocks topics

reddit.com/r/investing/wiki/faq

Biz needs a sticky desperately. I have to hide about 8/10 threads here because they are just "how 2 invest?" "What 2 read?" "Is x a good major" "how 2 be doktor???" "I am 12 what is this?"

We need:
>biz recommended books
>biz recommended websites for learning excel, writing cover letters, resumes, news sources and what to study
>a permalink to investopedia
>an infographic on the pros and cons of studying medicine
>a summary of the most popular work fields here and the pros and cons

It would clear out a lot of stupid question threads here

Because this board is full of hacks and no one would ever agree on the info in a sticky.

Also why dont you fuck heads just write one up and keep posting it until its made a sticky?

Not really. And the sticky wouldn't be giving investment advice, it would be giving information and links so you could learn to make your own decisions.

It has been tried many times, but it ends up with the same dumb shit ruining it

We've had two wikis get fucked because the shitcoiners of the week and the forex fag won't stop

Then it becomes a newfag circler jerk over which colleges majors are the best.

Pretty solid suggestions there but I would add a few:

>I have $40.30 how can I maximize retu-
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you can't!
Don't even bother.

>I want to start a business. Not sure what though?
If you don't know what to start a business in, you're not ready to start a business. Find a value proposition you can offer, find a problem that you can help solve and people will be willing to pay you for that.

And a general warning that if you want to be rich it takes hard work and smart work -- that you can't find any easy answers on Veeky Forums but you can find good answers if you do your homework.

I was just wondering the other day what the fuck is a registered direct offering?
Is it good, bad, gay? I mean i know it's an offering of shares, thanks internet search. But that doesn't tell me shit. I want to know what will happen to the stock during that time? Should I buy and hold, does it foreshadow something about the company?

A sticky or something like a link to a book that answers more than the simple definition would be nice.

Pretty much this. It's lose-lose.
Either the sticky gives investment advice (bad idea), or the information it contains is so general that the idiots who come here for get rich quick ideas will find it useless.

I asked moot to make this board a few years back through a strongly worded letter

Make a good wiki and post it to the right people

i saved the email i sent moot after i noticed he opened up Veeky Forums 48 hours since i sent him the letter and i guess i was a little proud -

I keep seeing threads that revolve around the economy but don't belong anywhere and are usually filled with good info and discussions. Why is there not a board already for this? Albeit there will be a few begging threads until it gets sorted by janitors and a sticky with rules
Here’s a short list of possible threads;

Jobs and Employment discussion
Future education and commerce
Career questions and F.A.Q
Employers; Ask me anything
Resume or Interview tips and discussion
Money and investing discussion
That Forex tripfag makes enough stock threads on /pol/ daily
Bitcoin and other related currencies
Entrepreneur ideas or discussion
NEET Lifestyle
What should i do/buy/invest with $XXXX
Im starting to think of screencapping all these threads I find and love because I need to prove their common and really just want them to have their own board - id frequent an economy board so much but instead it’s all spread all over the site
It’s not like people aren’t going to talk about money and the economy, so why don’t we have our own board yet!? Is it a Jewish conspiracy?
Can someone at least respond this time or tell me why it’s a bad idea? Step it up buddy I really want to help put this together.
Seriously , let’s make this happen - Talk to me

Because this board is shit.

Pic related - catalog right now. Even /r9k/ doesn't have this many frogs

Oh c'mon you know we do that on ironically

/biz can't reach a consensus on anything. For every poster that recommends a book or website:
- 2 will tell you why it's shit
- 5 will shitpost about an alt-shitcoin
- 4 of the above 5 is actually a samefag IP hopping
- 1 will say buy PMs
- 1 will point out the above doesn't pay dividends
- 1 will argue with the above 5 groups simultaneously
- 0 will know what the fuck is going on
- 100% of the above is actually 3 people shitting up one thread

There's a good reason why there's never been a sticky

frankly the problems run deeper.
Most people don't even know what a value proposition is.

well there shouldn't be a consensus all those different things are in fact different.
except the shit coiners jesus christ they're cancerous.

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA

>implying most of the stories posted here aren't complete bullshit

Is that a Gesaffelstein reference?

Is he or his song a meme now

Then what's the point of a sticky? If you can't agree on common resources like books, websites or strategies then there's no reason to have one

You also need a short guide to buying bitcoins in most popular countries.

You're on a trassic anime TV show forum and don't know about JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

*tsk tsk tsk*

What a dipshit. Veeky Forums was created as a crypto containment board because /g/ cried loudly enough. Your letter was trashed, unread.

Sorry to burst the bubble on your greatest life achievement.

tkif

Ah, sorry, I know about it but never watched it.

Thought it was about this:
vimeo.com/68634031

Then again I'm not even sure it says "ora".