stsmachininginc.com/collections/all
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

meme sleeper swap

but why should what we think matter.

Absolutely disgusting.

There are heaps of write-ups on turbobricks. Also:
stsmachininginc.com/collections/all

Explain

Been looking at a few LSx threads on turbo Bricks.
Swap is harder than an most cars due to the bad aftermarket

It's gross and so is OP for having the idea.

Need more explanation.
Ur reasons are not logical

>already right

>supercharged
>100hp/L

ffs chevy

Fuck off Spock, I ain't gotta explain shiet

>hp/L

Yeah, how every car manufacturer on the planet measures performance except GM because they suck at math

>how car manufacturers measure performance
That is not how you measure performance by any means sir

>muh 0 to 60 times
faggot

jesus christ, ruin some old gook car, not a 240.

these following engines are runs forever and are super easy to work on, so dont do it.

B23A 112HK
B230A 112HK
B230E 131HK
B230F 116HK
B230FX 136HK
B230K 112HK
B230FK (turbo)
B21ET (turbo) 155HK
B21FT (turbo) FTL (Turbo USA) 162 hk

copied from wiki. since im a lazy nigger.

the ones who came with the earlier 240s suck in my oppinion, i had one with the b20a i think, only problems.

Well you kinda do.
Options need reasons and facts behind them.

Only ratio that matters is power to weight.
Hp per liter is meaningless

Shitty old volvo is already ruined
Who cares what else happens to it

So serious...I bet you fap to NPR

NO! FUCK YOU!

LS swapping a 240 is my dream and you cant have it, faggot! I want to drink delicious purist tears and enjoy the practical insanity on my way to the grocery store.

>"ruin some old good car, not a 240"
>the one he owned had nothing but problems
wew lad. got news for (YOU).

I have a 2004 gmc sierra with a 4.8
I have always wanted to have it get minor frame damage, make the insurance pay for new car, and make me have to swap it into a small car.

It matters when we're talking about shoddy engines.

Da Fuc is NPR?

National Public Radio
Home of the most boring sounding cunts in radio anywhere in the world

Any gen 3-4 LS is a rock solid engine.
4.8-6.0 being the workhorses.

Shoddy engines are the new LTs

This is 2016
Who the fuck listens to the radio?

Also, still need ur reasons.

>not doing a viper v10 swap
pleb tier

Actually, I have none, I'm not even the user you originally responded to brah

Add twin tarbos and I'm down.

Doing that would split the car like Herby unless you reinforce the frame.

OP here, I have entertained the idea of adding a 76mm turbo on top of the TVS 1900 blower.
But that's easily a 1,000hp combo.
Far beyond street friendly

But kids in sweden already make 600HP turbod redblocks. If it sounds like a V8 or some shit its already try hard. If it sounds like a riced out tractor but makes 20hp/lb its way cooler and original. I mean volvettes are cool but a built redblock is cooler.

5hp/lb*

600hp redblock is lag city, expensive and unreliable.
600hp LS is relatively unstressed n/a.

Yes but making 600 to the wheels with a 5.3 will probably require a quarter of the psi and a quarter of the budget. Plus there isn't a parts store in North America that doesn't have parts. Plus I am absolutely not the guy that engine swaps cars to be a special snowflake. I just want cheap power on a simple and reliable platform with more concern about being faster than you rather than being cooler than you on enthusiast forums. A 5.3 with a T56 and an 8.8 is all I need.

In the process of doing this now, just got my wiring harness and ecu fur the 5.3.
Get hype.

>t56
>trans costs literally 5x more than the 5.3 engine
Lol.

Because 5.3s are a dime a dozen m8.

Why would you buy a 5.3 and put it in front of the t56 tho?
If you have enough money fur a t56 why not get a 6.0 or better?
Seems like a waste unless you're going to turbo it.
Bout to hit up the junk yard right now and pull a 4l60e and some other little bits.

>Why save money when you can spend more money

>using a t56
>saving money
??????

It has more cubes and that's about it. You can make plenty of power with both, and the 5.3 has far thicker sidewalls if boost becomes a need. I can get either one for the same price. honestly I should just go with a 4.8 to make dummy's think I have a baby LS (Protip: the only difference between the 4.8 and the 5.3 is the stroke). T56 is on my list because I want manual and the T56 is common enough and cheap to build. An auto would fit better and might be cheaper but less fun.

the 5.3 walls aren't that thick tho, if you ever go to bore it out you wont be able to fit 4 inch pistons the walls will be too thin.
If you start out with a 6.0 you'll already be there and have plenty of room to spare.
Just seems dumb to waste money on a badass trans then hook it up to a poopy 5.3

M8 there is hardly a difference between the 5.3 and the 6.0. A 5.3 can easily make the same power and a 6.0 using the same mods. I wouldn't be boring shit, stock cubes is what I want (easy to fix and find parts) and 5.3's are common as fuck compared to 6.0s. If I wanted power I'd go forced induction, probably would get better mileage than a built 5.3/6.0 too. The thick stock sidewalls would be much stronger than if it was bored or a 6.0. I can get a compression tested iron block LS with all accessories for around $500 (guy I work with has the hookup) so at this point it just comes down to what I can get my hands on without having to look. I just want to stick a 5.3 in, stud the fucker and slap a turbo on it. Once you get F/I involved it really doesn't matter which one you pick, you just want whatever can handle more boost.

>Want 6-speed and robust v8 on a budget
>Not using 5.3 and t56
What other trans are you suggesting to use?

>M8 there is hardly a difference between the 5.3 and the 6.0. A 5.3 can easily make the same power and a 6.0 using the same mods.
How about no lmao, there's no replacement fur displacement.
If you make a 5.3 scream at the top to match the HP of a 6.0 it's gonna be shit down low.

You know the 6.0 cylinder walls are thicker than the 4.8/5.3 right?
The 6.0 isn't just a bored out 5.3.

4l60/80 and stop being an autist about muh gears?
I love manual too (3 of 4 of my cars are manual) but the price tag on a t56 is just stupid these days.