/k s p g/ shitposting general

>Can the game be considered a full release?
No, for all intents and purposes, KSP should be considered still in early access state. The game is nowhere near being able to stand on its own legs both from a gameplay perspective (career mode is definitely not ready and balanced) and a stability perspective. There are still major bugs and memory leaks that shouldn't exist on a finished game.

>Are there big issues with the game?
Bugs and instability are still real and frequent problems, as with every product still in beta. Ask in thread for details.

>What are the devs doing?
The most recent update (1.1) was supposedly going to bring a complete overhaul of the GUI, be 64bit friendly, have a refined physics/heating/aero model and generally perform better. While achieving some of these goals, the game is now more unstable than ever, with many users being unable to use the game at all. An external team with heavily questionable experience (Flying Tiger Entertainment) is being tasked with porting the game to PS4, XboxOne and Wii U, with a release deadline that seems to keep slipping.

>Should I buy the game?
KSP is very enjoyable at first, then it usually needs to be modded to retain some sort of longevity, but doing so may dramatically increase the instability of the game. You will be very familiar with the word "Oops!". The Developers, Squad, have shown many times that they can't handle the project and are trying to squeeze all the money they can with the least amount of effort and with controversial PR tactics. The general consensus at /kspg/ is that you should torrent the game, not because the game itself is unplayable, but because most of us agree that Squad does not deserve your money.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VhsMGDuU8tA
youtube.com/watch?v=lhVA84YNO14
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/games/iamabadperson/
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/
spacedock.info/
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg
ksp.olex.biz/
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-1
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/
raceintospace.org
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html
kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/148371208649/devnotes-tuesday-two-sprints-down-one-to-go
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

previous threads from the past day:
>Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=VhsMGDuU8tA

>Dev Stream:
youtube.com/watch?v=lhVA84YNO14

>FAQ
pastebin.com/11ESnTdE

>Game site
kerbalspaceprogram.com/
dontdothisto.me/games/iamabadperson/

>KSP mods
dropbox.com/s/atzhizfw7pxjdoa/RLA_ProbeParts.zip?dl=0 (RLA probe parts, /kspg/ exclusive)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/50701-c (forum mod list)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/forum/4-add-ons/ (mod subforums)
spacedock.info/ (community mod repository)

>Flags
imgur.com/a/lIHNS#0

>Party-approved rendezvous and docking tutorials
imgur.com/a/S3Qxf
i.imgur.com/PBuWyVx.jpg

>Some useful calculators
ksp.olex.biz/ (phase angle calculator, for planning trips to other planets)
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/87463-1 (deltaV map)

>Official forum
forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/

>Hotkeys for operating your craft that are never mentioned anywhere else.
pastebin.com/vLmE1QbY
i.imgur.com/dJQEXBX.png

>Official /kspg/ fan fiction
fanfiction.net/s/10607988/1/Structural-Failure
pastebin.com/HK7Qd6if

>List of IRL launches.
spaceflightnow.com/tracking/index.html

>View from the ISS:
eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV/

>Race Into Space
raceintospace.org

>Original BARIS for DOSBox scaling and filters and shit
abandonia.com/en/games/183/Buzz Aldrins Race into Space.html

BARIS, Orbiter, Space Engine, OpenTTD, Take On Mars, Project CARS, ULA posting, Aurora, TRUMP 2016, and planes are also welcome ITT.

kspg.sytes.net

NOTE: "kerbal" anywhere in the OP as well as "kspg" in the subject cause the thread to autosage. Please use [REDACTED] in place of these terms when making a new thre

a

The fuck are you guys doing?

Trying to post about our game but because we have a habit of making our devs sad we're not allowed to, apparently.

devnotes, btw

kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post/148371208649/devnotes-tuesday-two-sprints-down-one-to-go

Haven't even read 'em but already know
>it's fucking nothing

>claiming FT is doing the work
that was directly contradicted by Squad statements last week

The lies are becoming strained

sage test

hullo

Online and ready to shitpost, Sir.

a

Hullo kspg!

sup cloccer

>cloccer

>4 threads
Reminder this all happened because MAN had to make one of his well-known threads 2 days ago.

This happens because one whiny tattletale manchild needs to spam reports, and a bought-and-paid-for mod is glad to oblige. Unless they're the same person, which may be the case.

I was there, and witnessed no such event. Please provide the thread in question, if you are so sure.

And you're completely full of shit.

>not knowing what's going on
Look at all this new

I don't get why shooting guns seems really unsatisfying in KF2.
>Can put 800 hours in KF1 playing support, blasting pump shotgun and that fucking DBS
>Put 40 hours on KF2, already bored and try different stuff
>Get bored faster

>KF2
there's your problem amigo

am I misremembering or is there an epic kf2 shoop

take
your
meds

1/3

2/3

3/5

a

Hehehe. It'd funny because racism.

...hullo?

There is no adequate rationale for excluding this general from existing. It has a right to exist on this board, even if your personal and subjective perception of it is negative. Indiscriminate deletion of threads is not the proper procedure and does not hold up under scrutiny.

More to the point, we self-regulate and do so with relative harmony when we aren't being interfered with by invasive outside forces. Your presence here has stirred up more shit than you've cleaned.

We are a product of the ecosystem our developers have given us. At times it is a downward spiral through a sewer system into a dungeon of hatred, but it's our dungeon of hatred, and we are here because this website is here for us to be able to come together and discuss this game. Which we do, and the other things we love and share.

No amount of rule enforcement can replicate that communal experience, and there's many more of us than there are of you, so please leave this community that you have scarred with your Anger and do not return until you are ready to repent and extend Blanket Amnesty to all your fellow posters.

Goodnight, Angry user.

Fug

>There is no adequate rationale for excluding this general from existing
It violates the rules.
>Indiscriminate deletion of threads is not the proper procedure and does not hold up under scrutiny.
One thread of 10 reposted screenshots with snakes in them does not make up for hundreds that don't play the game at all and a cross-thread raid on /wtg/

>we self-regulate and do so with relative harmony when we aren't being interfered with by invasive outside forces
This is irrelevant. The rules do not say "You can talk about things other than video-games on Veeky Forums if you self-regulate about it and have a good time"

>this website is here for us to be able to come together and discuss this game
No it isn't. Otherwise it wouldn't be deleting you.

>No amount of rule enforcement can replicate that communal experience
That's great, but this existence is currently violating the rules.

You seem to believe I care about anything but the rules as they are written down. I am not angry, It's even ambiguous as to whether I actually support the moderators in their crusade: What I am doing is pedantically focusing on the facts of the matter instead of conflating emotional arguments with those about the rules.

You can say deleting /kspg/ is immoral or whatever. You cannot say it is against the rules. (And doing so violates the rule about complaining about Veeky Forums moderation. :^) )

I always appreciate a good pedant but unfortunately, we are simply operating in different paradigms.

You seem to think of Veeky Forums as a court of justice where laws are held to be absolute and their enforcement uniform and fair. While I appreciate the notion, the reality is just so far from what you're describing. You make it sound like it's the Supreme Court when in reality it's a bunch of volunteer neets.

And when we disappear again in a fit of Anger, we will simply reaffirm cyclical nature of the power structure by making another. And another. And another. Time will yield the desired results. And Squad will keep milking this cash cow, so we'll keep having a reason to exist.

Oh and your :^) can be interpreted as a sardonic quip

maybe the shitlord driver shouldn't have stopped in front of a train

Just because I point out the rules as they're written doesn't mean I give them any significance.

Their re-enforcement doesn't have to be uniform and fair. That only really applies to janitors. It's not possible for moderators to offer uniform and fair moderation as they are officially responsible for all boards. (i.e. there is no Veeky Forums mod, but there are mods who give Veeky Forums disproportionate attention because they don't care about papercraft and origami.)

>Squad will keep milking this cash cow, so we'll keep having a reason to exist.
KSP will peak and SQUAD will cut and run.

It appeared to be detrimental to his health.

Then every post it must clean is another moment that goes in the pile with the other moments until the pile is so large it makes someone wonder why Veeky Forums is getting so much attention.

And Squad did that when they set console versions as a goal. We're still here.

In high school I didnt know what I wanted to do with my life, but the student councilors would not stop bugging me to pick a school. I lied and told them I wanted to join the military so they would stop annoying me about further schooling. Not everyone knows what they want to do with their life, right out of high school.

My best friend went to school to be a pilot, then changed his mind more than halfway through and switched to being a chemistry teacher, then changed his mind halfway through and switched to a culinary/business management degree, and now has crippling debt because flight school was 40k+, his other schooling combined add up to another 40k as well.

Now a half-decade removed from high school I know I want a degree in ancient history, Rome in particular, but I am not sure what to do. I want to go to school just so I can learn more, and I can do that now for free.

I want that degree just to have it.

I don't want a job in a museum. I don't want to teach history. I don't want my interest or hobby to become a career.

So I plan to go to school in maybe 30 years, just to say I did it. maybe not 30, but in the distant future at the least.

Anyone understand where I am coming from here?

There is nothing else I am passionate enough about to justify spending the money on schooling.

Work and study.

F

ok r4ptor

You have the same issues Yuri did. Get over yourself, get a job you care about and stop making mountains out of molehills. Once you're working you'll see its a whole different ball game.

I know yuri's an attention whore, but that post wasn't her's (his').

In my defesne, I realizd that I was freakin out waytoo much and have since sat down and takled wit my gf who managed to help m ecalm dow.

Honestly im feeling much better about th esutuatin. Imean, I'm still worride buy I know that their isn't anything I can do besidse keep my head on and rode it out.

a bit heavy on the juice today, I see

Just bot of white wine :P long dat.

*bit

this is pretty neat tbqhwyf

Bedtime! Goodnight /kspg/

[spooler]Maybe aft this song, I lik it :3[/spoiler]

Hullo

nice

ded

Show map view of network