This Lex is Pure Sex

TOYOTA/LEXUS GENERAL
/tlg/ /ltg/

Haven't seen one of these in a while. Post pics and discuss your Toyota/Lexus/Scion cars here boys.

Pic related is mine and I love her. So far no problems.

I need a super comfy car (see ) and I was looking into Lexus primarily.

Specifically the ES and NX models. How are these for comfort? Are they worth the money over a fully-loaded Rav4 or Avalon?

why do you need a suv?

Read the linked posts

Spinal damage and pilonidal cysts make it difficult to get in and out of sedans without a cane. The NX is the perfect height to slip in and out of without needing to step up into.

It's more of a daily convenience thing. I can drive a sedan as I currently do, but it's not very fun when I have to get in and out constantly.

I haven't been in the NX but the ES is pretty comfy and smooth. Not much power though. I'd highly recommend checking out a used GS. It's much better overall.

How much have you spent on your Lexus by now in maintenance/repairs?

2012 IS350:
So far, I've spent $0 except for oil changes and tires

GS is the way to go if you are going sedan. Dunno if it would help in your situation but the driver's seat automatically moves all the way back when you unbuckle seatbelt & shut off engine.

Is buying a used LS400 worth it? I love the LS but I'm a broke ass college student, so there's no way I'm getting a new one.

My GS 350. This one was a CPO, came with full Lexus warranty to 100K miles. Car has been flawless & perfectly suited to the kinds of driving I do.

I love Lexus but now theyre refusing to offer manual transmissions on many of their models so my dollhairs are goin to Honda/Acura since theyre still uncucked in this regard

Like what the fuck Lexus im givin you 40grand and i cant get the trans i want? Not even a special option for more money? Well fuck u too then

Yeah it really is. They're very reliable and easy to work on. Parts might be a little expensive sometimes, but it doesn't break often like the German competitors.

Because nobody buys them. Same reason Mercedes doesn't do it anymore in the C-class and the new S4 doesn't have a manual option either. Only the XE and 3 series offer manuals now.

I hate the grilles on newer Lexi but older models look very elegant.

I know theyre unpopular and im not expectin them to just make huge batches of manual cars to rot on dealer lots but i cant special order a manual from the factory? Even if i wanna pay extra?

I thought Lexus was all about service and suckin the customers cock...

looks like an ambulance van

I just swapped my Scion Logos to the Toyota logos,
So I guess it technically counts. Haha,

A scion with Subaru logos on the engine bay with a Toyota badge.
Identity crisis!

Lexus service is actually great (them and BMW are the only dealerships that I actually like). But no manufacturer is gonna spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in R&D to integrate a manual transmission that will please 0.001% of their customers. It's why Audi, Mercedes, Infiniti, and Acura also don't do it.

>ass cysts

you sound like the typical lexus driver

I'm sure if you sent them a detailed inquiry on a higher-end model (LS, GS, LX) they'd equip one for you.

>tfw drive a 2005 lexus es330 with 150k miles and i'm going to the lot today to pick up a used gt86 i found a great deal on
t. toyotafag

besides routine maintenance (sparkplugs, brakes, oil, tires), nothing. although the exhaust is currently blown out thanks to some nasty potholes last winter.

>"""""""""luxury""""""""""" toyota

Why cant they just slap a manual trans in from their parts bin. Theyre onea the biggest auto groups im sure theyve got a few that would work theyre just bein stubborn cunts

Its not like manual transmissions are evolving every year nowadays, theyve plateaud in tech and theyre all the same shit for the last 20 yrs just SLAP ONE ON FOR ME

Dont they know that some hipster fags like myself drive manual or nothing. There can be no compromise and for this they lose my business completely

Because:

1. You can't just "slap it in" and expect it to be refined and reliable. That's what Lexus built it's reputation on and they wouldn't put out something that doesn't live up to that.
2. People like you aren't the people that buy brand new Lexuses or Mercedeses or Audis or Infinitis. The people that buy these cars new want automatic/DCT and often times with AWD.

SW20 reporting in wassup

God machine Corolla checking in, I've had this beauty for 4 years and not really any problems

>""""""""""""luxury"""""""""""" VW
>""""""""""""luxury"""""""""""" Nissan
>""""""""""""luxury"""""""""""" Honda
>""""""""""""luxury"""""""""""" Ford
Look mom I can shitpost too!

Looks clean af pham

Hngggggg

Any news on this thing actually being produced.

It's still just a Scion.

Amen

Funny guy...

I'm at the Toyota dealership right now, gonna test drive the Avalon, Rav4, and Tacoma then pop over to the Lexus place connected to it.

Are there any other vehicles I should check out while I'm here? Any Scions? Other Lexus or Toyota models?

I wouldn't recommend these for you, but it's worth a test drive because they're really fun cars. If they have an RC-F, test drive that. If not, then test their IS350 F Sport.

I'll check out the IS350 F-Sport, but only because it's in my price range.

You might find it annoying to get in and out of though. My dad finds mine too low for everyday use because he has a bad back. Really fun car to drive though.

Is $6500 for a 2005 Corolla with 98k miles on it worth the price? I'm looking for something cheap and reliable for my first car.

I'll see where the dealer wants to meet with the price as well

Just tried... man it was fun. Suspension wasn't nearly as bad as I'd think, seats were comfy but you were right about getting out. My dad ended up pretty much pulling me out of the driver's seat.

If only my body weren't so shitty, I'd be able to own and enjoy this daily,

Glad you enjoyed it man. I haven't found anyone yet who hasn't really liked my IS350. It's too bad that it's a bit low though.

My dad is actually considering a Jaguar F-Pace. It's a sporty crossover, but the appeal to him is that you get the luxuries and amenities as the IS or Jag XE, but it's higher and easier to get in and out of. It's also in the same price range as the IS. Maybe it's worth checking out?

My 250
Just bought some advan model 5

It's the only mod i will make on this car. I promise....

I'm a bit iffy on Jag after dubious quality from my mother's XF.

About to test the CT 200h followed by an IS250. Then I'll get to the rest of the models.

Can /tlg/ become a fixture now like /hg/?

>fake exhaust tips
absolutely disgusting

My Cressy is almost a Lexus.

Might not be fake. The stock ones were just dual exhausts with quad tips, but most if not all aftermarket are actually quad. This one doesn't look that stock. I might be wrong though.

I'd like it, but usually there's not much discussion in /tlg/ threads because:

1. People don't have many issues with their cars like in the BMW general threads.
2. Newer Lexus and Toyota cars are hard to mod due to locked ECU. Only recently a tuner in Dubai cracked the IS350 ECU.

Close enough famalam

Tested the CT, IS250, NX, RX, and ES 350

The RX was by far the comfiest, but super expensive. The CT handled well for being a Prius/Auris with a bodykit, but I had difficulty getting in and out of that, along with the IS and ES. NX is starting to look at what I'm going to get. We're going back to the dealer to test the GS 200t and GS 350 after dinner. We're also going to test the Scion iM.

Mechanic for Lexus here, will assist in as many questions as possible.

Lol fake or not still faster than you :^]

They're fake, thats how it comes stock. Will be getting an exhaust with real tips soon

What is the most common problem you get?

Rear shock absorbers on any 'SUV'.
Front brakes on non hybrids are something that will likely be done every 2 years.
Oxygen Sensors on older cars, say 2005 and backwards.

Just picked one of these Touring models up a couple weeks ago with 14 whole miles on it. Test drove a 2014 GS350 back to back with it and I preferred the Avalon as the power felt about the same to me and the interior was IMO nicer. Pic isn't mine but its exactly the same down to the wheels.

technically a toyota question, but toyota and lexus in 1998 were almost interchangeable (and this is a toyota thread)

how viable is putting a new rear axle on a '98 sienna? Thing ate rear shocks like mad before it was parked

Does the 2GR FE engine take 91 or 87? Owners manual says it'll run on 87 but for best performance to run 91. That sounds suspect to me. If it runs better on 91 (and it does), doesn't that mean it was designed for 91?

swag lol
I love the old thing even though shes slow.

Couldn't really say man, that isn't the kind of car we ever have near our workshop. BUT being Toyota it wouldn't be hard at all. nothing they have ever made is hard to fix.

Will run on 87 fine but use what ever the best pump octane you can get your hands on (bar special things with E85 Ethanol). Better octane is ALWAYS the better option. You may spend a few more dollars filling up the tank but you will still go the same distance mile per dollar as the cheaper stuff. Being a more efficient burning fuel means more optimal combustion temperatures, so it will use less fuel to get the same power.

TLDR: use the best fuel

Nice man, is it one of the the post 87 models?

Always just use 91. Your car will run better, put out more power, and give better mpgs in normal driving.

If you had trouble with the IS and ES, then I think you'll have trouble with the GS too. If that's the case and you're set on Lexus, then the NX is probably the only one that fits your needs.

tacofag reporting in

I have 25k saved up should I buy an isf most around my area (Cali ) are around $35k+ . or should I get a new is250

Don't even compare the IS-F to the IS250. The 250 is slow as shit. If you're gonna go for a newer IS, it has to be the 350. The 3IS350 F Sport actually handles and feels really good to drive. Note that because of gearing, the 3IS350 is a tad slower in a straight line compared to the 2IS350.

Depends what you want. If you like the styling of the IS, but don't give a shit about power or better handling then get the 250. If you care at all about power tho, get the ISF or a 350. The 250 is seriously slow.

Thanks. I've read before that if your engine wasn't designed for 91 then you're just wasting money. Good to get confirmation that the GR can actually use it

I love my 2005 Corolla. It's comfy, the interior is modern enough without being full of electronic shit, the sound is good, it rides and handles pretty well, and it has decent horsepower. Oh, and it only weighs 2600 pounds. I paid $5000 for one with 140K miles, so that sounds like a good price. My only caveats are that I had to get the exhaust system redone (though you probably won't have to worry about that for a while) and somehow my exhaust manifold cracked, so keep an eye out for that.

i guess i should clarify.
i'm happy to answer questions about the new taco if anyone is considering buying/leasing one.i factory ordered mine with everything but running boards, so i can tell you about pretty much every option for it.

so far I rate it at an 8.5/10

Nice blogpost faggot. How about you go choke your good goy neck head on a dick.

This isn't facebook.

TRD Sport or Offroad? I'm leaning towards Offroad but not sure if the price difference is worth it. I won't be 4xing much in it, probably mostly during the summer when we go do a lot of camping and fishing. Trails say 31" tires are required, but generally are pretty mild around here.

it's the offroad.
honestly, as long as you get one with 4x4, you cant go wrong. the only advantage the offroad has is a different suspension package and terrain select/crawl control.

Swapped to BEAMS

But why

Because the BEAMS bolts in, and is twice the HP. It's a good engine, VVTI and shit

Twice the horsepower of the 3SGTE? Please tell me you're not this retarded

I'm making almost 250 HP

I've been extremely pleased with this. 2015 RX350 F-Sport/Crafted Line. It would be cool if the F-Sport package were actually a performance upgrade but the V6 is still quick enough with the 8 speed and the interior is pretty cool and super comfy.

This thing's seen more off road time than some 4Runners in my area. 190K miles, and has never given me any shit.

Which is a damn good feat for a 2L NA I4, I'll give you that, but it's maxed out as opposed to the GTE who's potential has yet to be tapped

>VIN number starts with "JF1"

It's a Subaru.

dat comfiness

I was comparing to 3SG which is at 130 HP

Ah, but still, why no GTE, was the BEAMS cheaper?

The body has 130k and the motor has 40k. I like having the higher horse power in a NA, it feels good driving in the mountains where I live

If you're driving in the mountains you'd be better served with the GTE as the turbo makes up for the lack of atmosphere at higher elevations

N/A fucking sucks at high altitude. my CRV feels like it's 80hp up here while my twin turbo truck still does rolling burnouts merging onto the highway.

Same price, was in much better condition. And still has more HP, no mods

Yeah, but it's not like you could mod a BEAMS anyways, at least you can mod a GTE, but BEAMS makes a noise that is pure sex

I'm in NC. Altitude isn't an issue compared to somewhere like Colorado. Plus why not be able to just add a turbo to my BEAMS? So when driving up and down steep grades you don't notice lag?

Fuck yes my exhaust note is sweet. Why can I not mod.my BEAMS? the shop that did.my swap is the head MR2 autority

I mean from what I've read up on it, it's already at 11:1 CR, maybe if you go higher in compression and reinforce the valve train and tune it you might get more, but the problem with modding NA and staying all motor is that the ROI is shit compared to a turbo, I can't imagine how you're going to get more power out of an engine already producing 125hp/L without spending a shit ton to stay NA

I'm happy with it either way as it is. Sure if I had the 3SGTE I could theoretically build it to be faster but to me that's neither here nor there

Hey man, as long as you like it, who gives a shit what anyone says

The most important difference is that it has a locking rear differential. Also the rear axle is 8.75" as opposed to 8".

regardless of the altitude, naturally aspirated is going to struggle more than something with boost. I am in Colorado, I've driven my turbocharged truck through the highest paved road in North America and it didnt break a sweat. I drove my CRV through an 11,000 ft pass and it couldn't even maintain highway speeds.

oh, i was under the impression they all had the locking diff. could have sworn i saw a button for it in the sport at least

Sport doesn't have the locking diff. This and the larger rearend makes the offroad the better buy, imo

ive been pretty happy with mine so far. havent messed with the low range much yet, but it's done a pretty good job of hauling gravel/bark through some semi rough terrain

not sure if you see a lot of these but are the SC400 models good for reliable? buying my first car soon and will be driving everyday. a friend recommend me to get an SC400 and i here nothing but good things about them here

Check the service history of which ever one you consider, get a mechanic to look over it, if it's been maintained and you take care of it, the engine and trans will last you a while, other shit will break

whats the most common repair on them? it concerns me that "other shit will break"

I have an NX F-Sport and I love it. Very comfortable, looks great, and is pretty unique (not anymore where I live, there's a lot of them now).

I need an SUV to carry a lot of snowboards and skis in the winter. I did a trip in February where I drove 8 hours in a snowstorm which turned into a rainstorm which then froze over. It handled very well.

It's fast enough for what it is. Seats are very snug and the interior is awesome. It'll be an upgrade over the IS. The ES is pretty boring. Only comes in FWD and is seriously made for the elderly.

Only complaint I have with the NX is the info-tainment and the god awful touch pad.