What the fuck is going on here Veeky Forums?

What the fuck is going on here Veeky Forums?

This shop near me in Cincinnati is buying low mileage old BMWs, detailing them, fixing them up slightly, then quadrupling their money on resale.

Why is it working?

Other urls found in this thread:

enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?form_request=56&action=results&showres=1&1268_0=&selLevel_1268B0D=&selLevel_1268B1D=&1641_0=&1574_0=1&orderby=2&sorting=2
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Those are e30 M3s, user. They're in demand, currently, and thus cost a lot.

Forgot link sorry

enthusiastauto.com/qsearch/?form_request=56&action=results&showres=1&1268_0=&selLevel_1268B0D=&selLevel_1268B1D=&1641_0=&1574_0=1&orderby=2&sorting=2

Why? I know they're amazing handing cars but THAT amazing?

Air cooled Porsches aren't going for that much

This is what happens when a car becomes a collectible.
80,000+ is pretty standard for an E30 M3 here in Aus.

The E30 M3 is more expensive than a Testarossa here.

A BMW is more expensive than a Ferrari. Christ.

I've seen this when looking for used m3s.i live in Cincinnati and have yet to go here.

They have been around for a while. I was at toy barn in Dublin Ohio a few weeks ago and got to chatting with one of the salesmen about their e30 m3 there and enthusiast got brought up. He said they've gotten outbid at estate auctions for bmws at 30 or 40k only to find it on three website a week later for 80. They are making huge profits there and snipe auctions like crazy. From reading around they don't budge on the price either.

I've heard they do good restoration work but charge 3X more than any other shop. Newportfag here btw
Heard the same and also that they flip things too quickly to possibly be doing all the resto stuff they claim to on each car.

handling or performance has nothing to do with it lad, they're highly collectable.

I bought my e46 m3 from them

>highly collectible

In the last 24 months?

This is an obvious bubble. If you think a 200 hp sports coupe from the 80's can sustain 6 figure pricing you're crazy

Columbus bro here. nice

Is this people jumping on the flipping bandwagon and artificially driving prices up?

What was your experience like

Yes. Enthusiast Auto is the worst in the country for it.

pretty nice actually considering I live in california and had the car shipped here

Pics, price, options, overall experience?

Enthusiast auto group is just tossing words like "enthusiast" and "concours" around and making mad cash doing it, it is completely inexplicable how they are managing to sell cars for 2-3x what you can find an equivalently nice version for on the private market.

Agreed. I have 2 E30s and had an E30 M3 in 2005 which got stolen then found damaged and auctioned. The E30 M3 wasn't as great as people make it out to be, a tuned 325is can be made superior in every way for less than $10,000 total.

Fools and their money, etc.

air cooled porsches ARE going for that much

and they are significantly more rare and iconic than some random base 911.

That one is numbers matching all original low mileage. it's an outlier. but complete e30 m3s have been over 40k for at least a couple years now.

>over 40k for at least a couple years now.
No, they've been over 25k for a couple of years, but they only started to hit 40k+ in the last year

>This is an obvious bubble. If you think a 200 hp sports coupe from the 80's can sustain 6 figure pricing you're crazy

It's going this high because of its motorsport history. People who grew up in that era witnessed BMW dominate with this car, these cars are literally hero cars for a whole generation of car enthusiasts.

In a decade we might see the FD RX-7 experience such a boom... maybe...

lol? I can take a used ford fiesta, put 10k in it and it will roast an exige. that means nothing. all original, vintage, iconic cars will always be collectible and expensive.

even a numbers matching early 2002 non tii will be 20k or more
people don't buy e30 m3s for their performance.

A stock 86 is just as good as an e30 m3 if not . Plus, it's brand new and cheaper to maintain

>lol? I can take a used ford fiesta, put 10k in it and it will roast an exige. that means nothing. all original, vintage, iconic cars will always be collectible and expensive.
You're missing the point, you fucking retard. The point is that the driving dynamics of the E30 M3 are VASTLY fucking overrated, it is not the perfectly balanced god machine it is made out to be. A regular E30 can be made to drive better for a lot less, people are hyping the car's performance and dynamics to try to justify the price which is solely based on collectiblity.

You won't roast an exige with 10k and a feista, m8

not for all original ones in good condition.
ive seen expensive m3s since 2014 at least.

you can't even get shitty ones for less than 20k now. the s14 is very expensive to rebuild these days.

i dont know why poorfags get so mad at this. they are worth what people are willing to pay.

sour grapes or they don't understand that it's a part of motorsport history

Shipping was $2k. The experience was good. Once you tell them you're interested in a car, they provide you with the cars build sheet, the pre purchase inspection sheet, history report, and tons of pictures around the entire car. They send you a package through mail with forms to fill out. You send them back along with your check, and once your check clears, they prepare the car for shipment.

That's what they put into the car

No one cares about the performance of these cars. You're autistic. People like them because are one of the last iconic completely mechanical sports sedans from a legendary touring car era and they are rare. No one thinks an e30 m3 is fast.. no one, except maybe nocars who still have posters of F50s on their bedroom wall.

likewise no one gives a fuck if you turbo a 325i and can beat an M3. you sound like an autistic fedora saying you can beat an m3 with a modded 325i. everyone already knows that.

le built not bought poorfag rationalization. an m3 will always be cooler than a base model no matter how fast it is.

Is it fucking awesome and flawless?

You're wrong. E30s are being talked about as ZOMG LAST REAL PERFECT DRIVERS CAR.

It's nothing to do with collectability like Ferraris, it's because they're meme cars.

I don't think they'll ever fall below 60 grand again here in Aus 2bh. A regular 325is sells for $20-30 grand. Enthusiast auto group are asking realistic prices from my experience of what E30 M3s will sell for on the private market. You just have to face up the facts that E30s are no longer a poorfag beater anymore.

These posters are correct - they're a part of automotive history and the supply / demand ratio will continue to keep the price where it's at because I just don't see them losing their collectability.

Subframe reinforcement done, no broken vanos tabs, Inspection 2 done, & clean interior. Yeah it's fucking awesome

if they don't have every single bolt torque checked and marked and BMW OEM then they can get fucked. it better have a BMW branded battery, BMW belts, and every OEM warning label the car came with and even then these prices are stupid. WTF are these niggers doing? get a god damn Porshe

>tfw no gt3
one day..

> A regular E30 can be made to drive better for a lot less
It'll still never be an M3 though.
Think of the collectible car market like the art market.
Sure, I may be able to push out a perfect replica of a picasso, but it'll never actually be a picasso and sell for picasso prices.
Jackson Pollock may just throw paint at walls and his paintings may require fuck all actual technique, but people will still buy his paintings for ridiculous prices, whereas if I threw paint at a wall I probably wouldn't be able to get rid of them except for free.
Welcome to the world of collectibles, where hype is everything and the thing being sold doesn't matter.

Only poorfags say that. The people buying these cars dont give two shits

I don't even have a problem with them selling expensive E30 M3s because those are rare and collectible.

The problem is that they also do the same shit for NEWER BMWs. When I got my E90 wagon (with a stick shift, not super common), I would run across their listings on Autotrader all the time.

I'm sorry, but a 2008 328i wagon isn't worth 30K, regardless of how rare it is. I paid $18K for mine (a 2011) and it was nicer than any of the ones Enthusiast were offering.

I would really be curious to know how many cars they ACTUALLY sell and how much of their overpriced inventory they've been sitting on forever.