/fog/ Fallout General

Best MILF edition.

>fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 4 General Information (Read Before Asking Questions)
pastebin.com/UkxVHYQB

>Vault Dweller's Survival Guide Links
pastebin.com/x1yeAmcP

>The Art of Fallout 4
mega.nz/#!vQkWVLpD!nBOiJBqgYriOJNkjU8OqxSFOfpKJHYWT6wZunopd6Fg

>Fallout 4 Item IDs
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1J9quAMtGK70aptz0t5teqWHGZJ9T9uvJmzNEBJEB36Q/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

>Fallout 4 Legendary Effects & IDs Guide
pastebin.com/qg0KhsCA

>Fallout 4 Settlement Mods & Information
pastebin.com/QJquVveh

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>Fallout 3/NV
pastebin.com/wVAqLvCD

>Archive
boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/fog/

>/aco/ Thread
(nsfw)

>/y/ Thread
(nsfw)

Pre-War Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60431/?
youtube.com/watch?v=o2M4usgh8Ss
youtube.com/watch?v=lLuZPIc8nSk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

xth for Atom Cats best faction.

post cait

>play Fallout 4
>it literally feels like a second grade MMORPG without the MMO part and the RP part
>only a really, really shitty G
>LE LEGENDARY SYSTEM
>no unique variants of weapons
>the "uniques" are actually just normal modded weapons you can do in the bench
>all weapons and most of armors look like shit
>the game has the aesthetics of a cartoon and everything is so round

Cheers, Toddaloo. Glad to see my money going to waste.

I hope you enjoy your slightly tweaked gun

Are you seriously trying to imply the various shotguns in NV weren't just slightly tweaked versions of the same gun, regardless of mesh?

>You're argument is flawed because your defending the company that made paid horse armor.
You the thing that
A. still sells to this day
B. They already apologized for
C. Never did again?
That's not even an argument, thats just a pointless non sequitur

>If we're including DLC, than NV blows it even farther out of the water.
And NV's DLc did nothig nbut add more useless weapons to a game already blaoted with useless weapons, whose stats were so similar there was never a reason to use anything but the same 5-6 top tier guns from the base game regardless of if you had all the DLC and GRA installed.

>All these guns
>99.99% of them are useless
>defending this level of bad game design

>baiting this hard

I feel bad for that user for actually replying to you.
It is entertaining though.

>its bait to point out that New Vegas suffered from the same problem that Morrowind did where the game had so much shit that the devs had no real time to make any of it actually different outside textures.
I've seen plenty of people who hate Fo3, and love NV, even admit theres not a lot of worthwhile gun selection in NV because of how similarly most guns played.

NV really did come down to a MMO style fashion show when it came to guns.

>Are you implying
Yes. And they're better than the ones in fo4
>Horse armor
Just because they apologized for it doesn't mean it was a good thing to do. They still did it.
>T-The guns are useless
No they're not.
The ones in fo4 are useless. Only ever need one to get you through the entire game and most of them look
a)generic
b)like a but slightly different

>not a lot of worthwhile gun selection

I actually had plenty of favourite guns because of their unique aesthetics and how I got them, and they weren't even the "best ones", I just really liked the unique variants because it added tons of flavour to the guns.

What's your favorite?

>Yes. And they're better than the ones in fo4
Not really, the differences in NV's guns boiled down to damage, rate of fire, clip/mag size, and accuracy, shit you can edit with mods.

>Just because they apologized for it doesn't mean it was a good thing to do. They still did it.
And yet compared to most companies even today, its still was far from the worst DLC ever.

Have you seen the shit EA trys to sell for the sims?

>No they're not.
Yes they are, the differences in stats were so fucking minimal 90% of the time it didn't matter.

>The ones in fo4 are useless.
Objectively untrue, as weapon mods allow for guns to do far more then they did in NV.

>Only ever need one to get you through the entire game
Love to see you beat the whole game with an unupgraded pipe pistol.

>and most of them look
>a)generic
>b)like a but slightly different
And who cares?

This isn't an MMO, no one is going to see your little fashion show of a character m8.

Holorifle, Paciencia, Survivalist Rifle are my three favourites.

>I actually had plenty of favourite guns because of their unique aesthetics and how I got them
>how I got them
>Paciencia

>The only things that were different about NVs guns is that they were different
I am laughing at you right now.
>Horse armor
It's good that they apologized for it but they shouldn't have done it in the first place. Good on them admitting it though.
>The stats were minimal
There's clearly a difference in using gun Y and gun X for me.
>Objectively wrong
Objectively right :^)
>Who cares it's just a game brah

Paciencia was because of it's unique aesthetics.
Holorifle and Survivalist was because of how I got them.

Nice
>Survivalist rifle
I cri evertim

Holorifle and Survivalist was because of how I got them and also because of it's aesthetics.

Fix'd.

BROMISE ME JOENL

Am I the only one that's not a real big fan of Paciencia? It just seems like one of those weapons that is outclassed so quickly that it doesn't seem worth spending the money on a unique variant.

Release when

The holorifle is Elijah's, right?

>The only things that were different about NVs guns is that they were different
That's not even the point I was making.

> but they shouldn't have done it in the first place
Why exactly?

>There's clearly a difference in using gun Y and gun X for me.
There wasn't for me, especially after I parsed out the numbers, looked at shit like DPS, most guns of the game type were split into three tiers, early game, medium game, and late game, and all the guns of the same type in the same tier played exactly there same

>Objectively right :^)
Humorous, but you missed the part were I never said "Wrong"

The true meme response would have been
>objectively true

>Who cares it's just a game brah
Actually no, its
>hey man, what actually matters in an RPG? >stats, or appearance?
>function or looks?
You take the side of the MMO crowd who will gladly spend a million hours grinding for that ultra leet gear that doesn't have any actual better stats then what you had before simply because
>MUH BARBIE DOLL!
I care more about how a think works then how a thing looks.

But hey, theres plenty of people who only care about the superficial and aren't total faggots.....

Unfortunately you aren't one of them.

Those eyes look too big

Not even that user, but holy shit the mental gymnastics you are doing to excuse lack of weapon variation in FO4 is astounding.

Alright!

>but they shouldn't have done it in the first place
It's not like they really had any previous works or established rules to go by when they put out horse armor. DLC was a rather new concept at that point in time. Unless you're arguing that Bethesda should have had diviners on the payroll to warn them against doing horse armor.

Post lewds. Need to fap.

>needing to fap over vidya
just go to any number of SFM blogs

It's just OverWatch shit these days.

>DLC was a rather new concept at that point in time
Not even close. Paid DLC had been around for the better part of a decade when Skyrim released, let alone the horse armors. Free DLC for over a decade.

Ok.... will have to give you that.

It goes in cycles though,

I remember when SFM first came out it was like Mass Effect FOR FUCKING EVER

Then it went over to Bioshock FOR FUCKING EVER

then it kinda went everywhere for awhile

and now its OVERWATCH ALL THE TIME!

Horse armor was for oblivion you dingus.

>Paid DLC had been around for the better part of a decade when Skyrim released
Not him, but what does this have to do with anything when horse armor was for Oblivion?

> let alone the horse armors.
Not really.

Oblivion came out in 2006, before then, there were like 2-3 games with DLC, and none of it was fairly large.

There is a lot different in each gun. For example, how easily it can tear through damage threshold is pretty damn important
>Why exactly
It's pretty useless and if they wanted it for aesthetics they should have put it in in the first place instead of making you pay for it.
>Guns of the same type play similarly
I don't know what you want. A shotgun will work like a shotgun, a pistol will work like a pistol, a laser rifle will work like a laser rifle.

Objectively true
Happy now?
Stats do play a role in NV. The thing is, it's an FPS so it has to account for that too. Most guns don't look that special but the uniques, which you can find all over the place, have a unique look and stats. Lucky for example gives you a high chance at getting criticals.

Meanwhile in fallout 4 you have a rifle.... ... And a ghoul Ray only useful for ghouls... And a shotgun....

>And unfortunately you aren't one of them
Nice finisher. You want to post that on r/Veeky Forums?
>Inb4 no u

>For example, how easily it can tear through damage threshold is pretty damn important
Which was determined by damage

>It's pretty useless and if they wanted it for aesthetics they should have put it in in the first place instead of making you pay for it.
Actually it makes horses a lot less squishy.

>I don't know what you want.
I want games that care more about mechanics then barbie doll dress up sims.

the worst part about Morrowind was that Bethesda spent so much time modeling 50000 pieces of armor and weapons, most of which didn't even go with each other or anything else, that they all ended up playing basically the exact same. Obsidian had this same problem with NV.

I honestly wonder how much better the game would have been had they not spent so many man hours trying to make all these
>MUH SPECIAL MESH/TEXTURE!
weapons, that all most play the fucking same anyways, and instead had spent that time making more quests, or polishing the obviously unfinished shit the game was plagued with.

Its honestly sad seeing so much time wasted.

>I don't know what you want. A shotgun will work like a shotgun, a pistol will work like a pistol, a laser rifle will work like a laser rifle.

I dunno about him, but there's something to be said for aesthetic differences

However when aesthetic differences are the ONLY real difference, and the other differences are literally just tweaks of numbers, there's not really much proper variety

It's part of the reason Dark Souls 3 is so shit compared to Bloodborne

>Bloodborne
>26 right hand weapons
>all of them do different and interesting things
>also there is a pilebunker

>Dark Souls 3
>153 melee weapons
>moveset almost entirely the same within the class except for a few outliers
>literally no reason to use anything other than the best-in-class weapon in each class, and three classes are objectively superior to every other class anyway

What New Vegas did resoundingly right is having multiple power fists

FUCKEN

POWER FISTS

FUCK

>nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/60431/?
>nearly 900 MB
My poor toaster. Why the fuck is the file size so big? Is this the fanfiction tier garbage it sounds like or actually worth playing?

Well, the script is written by award-winning playwright Ted S. Bushman! From Utah!

The 900 mb is probably all fucken textures or some dumb shit

Also mind you, if it's written by a playwright the plot probably isn't going to be great. The banter is gonna be insane though.

>tfw Injustice

It's DPS tends to be higher when it's DTS is low and vice versa
>Horse
He tends to win the fights for me
>I care more about mechanics
Again you missed the point.I gave you an example and you choose to ignore it.
>Weapons that at the same
They play different to me. If you could stop sledging out every few seconds maybe you'd notice.
>It's honestly sad seeing so much time wasted
Like wise
>Powerfists
My brother of African American descent.

>Game forces you to play a role
>you don't like it, so it isn't role playing, for reasons

Let it go

Some guns will fire alittle slower or faster or tear through armor more easily than others accompanied by different ammo types is good enough for me
>Use caravan shotgun and slug round
>Tear dog girls fucking arm off
It wasn't even in good condition

>Bloodborne
Fucking nice

>It's DPS tends to be higher when it's DTS is low and vice versa
And the difference between those in weapons of the same class was usually so minute as to not matter.
>He tends to win the fights for me
Horses in both Oblivion and Skyrim are infamously known to be squishy.
>Again you missed the point.I gave you an example and you choose to ignore it.
You didn't give an example though, ou just said
>LE PISTOLS ARE PISTOLS!
and then listed off one of the very small number of "unique" weapons that had something of a decent power. And even then, legendary mods for guns in Fo4 tend to be more useful. So Fo4 still out performs there.
>They play different to me. If you could stop sledging out every few seconds maybe you'd notice.
thats because your too busy gawking at the textures to actually sit down and do the hard math on how all this shit matters

Not the user you replied to but it could be said that it's not a "traditional" rpg as most rpgs let you do what you like.

That being said witcher has you play a role, and it's still an rpg

>people constantly complaining that FO3 and 4 give you family members
>when FO2 gives you more living family members than any fallout before or since
>and you're forced to destroy the Enclave and fight Frank Horrigan no matter what

WHERE'S MY CHOICE

youtube.com/watch?v=o2M4usgh8Ss

>And the difference
Depends on what you're using
>Le pistol
I was talking about lucky.
A lot of the uniques are useful depending on your build. Don't be so shit at the game m8
>Legendaries
That's even more MMORPG than NV. What the fuck are you talking about?
>Too busy gawking at the textures
That's what you were doing at the beginning of the argument. You were the first to comment on how they look.

>Depends on what you're using
Between weapon class sure, between most weapons in the same class? not really.

>A lot of the uniques are useful depending on your build.
Not really, the game is so unbalanced that using even a standard weapon will let you monstrously overkill everything you come across. Uniques just add overkill to overkill, and are thus useless.

>That's even more MMORPG than NV
I never said it wasn't. It is however mechanics based, and not
>MUH MESH/TEXTURE!
based, so it actually adds something to the game.
>That's what you were doing at the beginning of the argument. You were the first to comment on how they look.
Actually ,there was several people before me who commented on their apperances

Can we just agree that FO4 needs a powered stake-based punching weapon

Or EVEN WEEBIER power fists, like ones with rocket boosters

is nexus fucking up for anyone else? downloading mods gives me errors in the nmm

I do rather miss the Ballistic Fist, as ridiculous as a wrist mounted punch triggered shotgun is.

Even traditional RPG's have limits. If the DM says you can't play a wizard, you're not playing a wizard. If the DM wants to run an adventure with pre-generated characters, your options are to play a pre-generated character, or not play.

The only way 'traditional' rpg character creation is even possible is if you work with creators of the game to insert your special snowflake into the story. Not possible with most vidya, though I'm sure some patreon somewhere has had this as an option for big donors that they feel like catering to.

I dunno man, it's like a bangstick, except it's a bangfist.

The only thing I found particularly ridiculous about it is that every praetorian had one, and Kaisar was wearing a displacer glove for some reason?

There's a clear difference between a 10mm pistol and 12.7mm to me
>The game is unbalanced
I'd like to see you beat the game with a 44. Magnum
>There were several people before me
I was talking about our conversation. You started with me saying that they were ugly and useless.

>aesthetic-based roleplayers vs. mechanics-based roleplayers
painful

>roleplayers vs rollplayers

neither is inherently wrong

In vidya they have to give you a lot of choices with meaning and consequences to get as close to that as possible . I'm not either of them

>Can we just agree that FO4 needs a powered stake-based punching weapon
sure why not

>Or EVEN WEEBIER power fists, like ones with rocket boosters
Now that seem kinda dumb

Only made walking out of that tent alive all the more rewarding. Fucking Legion shits.

MAN IF WE CAN HAVE ROCKET POWERED HAMMERS AND ROCKET POWERED BODIES THEN WE CAN HAVE ROCKET POWERED FISTS

youtube.com/watch?v=lLuZPIc8nSk

Yes
>rocket fist
Maybe only on power armor

>radiant quests in far harbour when I haven't even been there yet on survival

Are you talking about a rocket powered power fist like the one in the concept art where it shoot the fist part off as a projectile, or adding like micro-boosters onto the fist itself to accelerate the thrust of an otherwise normal power fist?

like the super sledge

Rocket-assisted punch, user

A punch driven by a rocket booster

Flying rocket fists are only possible if you're a seventeen meter monster killing super fighting robot

ok, well, I guess that could work.

the projectile one would be terrible because you would have to carry like 10000 of them as ammo, or try to recover it every time you launched it.

I suppose if your arms can survive being rocket boosted via the super sledge, they could survive a rocket boosted power fist

like the rocket sledgehammer, except your fist instead of the hammer

You're right.
But the arguments don't end.

Arguments end but nobody wins, is what you mean.

Season pass on sale, now $40. Is it worth it?

For Far Harbor and Nuka world alone, sure, all the workshop shit is just a bonus at that point

Just torrent the game.

>They upped the price
Christ

They upped the price back in march.

Were you in a fucking coma?

>have to

NV doesn't 'have to' let me play some South American tribal that can only communicate in a pidgin Portuguese/Esperanto dialect, so it doesn't.

NV doesn't 'have to' let me play an Alien, Psyker, Supermutant, Ghoul or Robot, so it doesn't.

NV doesn't 'have to' let my choices in character creation gate gameplay mechanics, in the vein of traditional RPG classes, so it doesn't.

Instead it relies heavily on the Clint Eastwood, 'man with no name' characterization. That allows the player to project whatever fantasy backstory they like onto a blank template, but that backstory is not going to be supported by the campaign world. At least not until you've played through the game a few times already, and injected known game elements into "your story."

I'm amused by character concepts such as "Legion Spy," because a first time player of NV would not even know what the Legion was, let alone attempt to behave in a manner consistent with what they know of this faction.

I'm not saying the Tabula Rasa approach to character development is bad, just that it has it's own set of limitations, namely when it comes to injecting imagined background elements into the plot of the game.

Kos can eat shit, Cait is best.

Cait is worse girl.

>
I'm amused by character concepts such as "Legion Spy," because a first time player of NV would not even know what the Legion was, let alone attempt to behave in a manner consistent with what they know of this faction.
Its also fundamentally undone by the fact your are literally not one, as Caesar doesn't speak of you as one, and he would know if you are one.

Yeah
Games can't work with all the possibilities you can dream up. If you want to roleplay with basically no rules play D&D with a friend or something.

I think when people say they roleplay as a fumentarii, they mean become a fumentarii. Not to mention Caesers Leigon is not finished, despite having some great characters.

Well I've seen a lot of people try to roleplay they always were one, so I usually think of that when people mention it.

It's alright. Just a common mistake people occasionally make. You could ask them that and see what they have to say.

>Games can't work with all the possibilities you can dream up. If you want to roleplay with basically no rules play D&D with a friend or something.

Even then, there are limitations, which is my point.

I don't see the appeal. Her face is average at best.

There's limitations on everything. It's just the nature of games. They have rules.

that is until we can procedurally generate quests, dialogue and animations

That's gonna be a long as time. And right now, where people are okay with games getting worse and everyone knows it like an unspoken rule, I don't know if we'll live to see it.

>where people are okay with games getting worse and everyone knows it like an unspoken rule
Not him, but this is hilariously retarded.

the gaming industry crashed before, it can happen again

I think it needs to happen again

>New thief
>Everyone knows it's not going to be as good as the original
>Newcomers know it isn't going to leave much of a mark
>It turns out forgettable and people move on
Maybe soon, I hope

>New thief
That new theif was doomed from the start.

that doesn't mean games in general are getting worse and everyone is accepting it.

Fine. MGS5 is another example
>It's a good game. Just not a good metal gear game.

Yea,get it for Farharbor,Nuka world and automatron

Thinking about getting Fallout 3 when the next Steam sale comes around. Is TTW pretty much mandatory to play it and not have it sputter and crash all the time?

Just bought this on sale.

Should I play without mods first or mod it right away?

Don't bother with mods until a month or so after nuka world comes out.

>MGS5 is another example
Except tons of people knew MGS5 was going to be shit after the shitshow that was MGs4, and the total bullshit that was
>Revengence

Kojima hadn't made a good game since MGs3, and most people knew that.

Without mods. See if you like it.

Or you could just keep your mods updated