G-Body 1987 Monte Carlo SS

$1,600. Obviously im not going to pay that. What does Veeky Forums think the price should be?

Only 3 pics i got of the car unfortunately.

non original engine 305. no rust. t-top. Has been sitting 4 years.

>sitting for 4 years
tree fiddy

It does run and drive

Why was it parked?

Would not touch with ten foot pole
Brakes are prolly fukked by now, you heard it run?

Dude bought it. Didn't have funds to fix it up. Drives it around yard/driveway. I haven't personally heard it run but was thinking about checking it out Saterday.

It could be a complete train wreck but I was thinking change all fluids,filters,tune up, check hoses and whatnot. DD that bitch. Thats saying sight unseen.

Not that it's very collectable car but arent t-tops rare to.

I don't know why Americans are so scared of getting old cars back on the road. If I can do it here in the UK with a 20 year old "S" Audi you can sure as fuck do it with a nice simple and common body on frame domestic.

offer $1100 only if you get to drive it around the yard to see how it feels. Body looks clean enough, so does the interior, go for it. Those are comfy cars once fixed up. Shame its no 350 but they are dime a dozen

>sitting it for 4 years
>drive it around

It depend were you live

live in chicago that car would sell easy for that price

i sold my 88 caprice roller for 2k

There's a reason it sat for 4 years.

It's an Veeky Forums may may

If it starts, moves, and sounds like it's not about to explode then offer $1000, if you really want it tell him you will pay $1200.
If it doesn't start or run offer him $800, tell him that's almost triple scrap value.

It's because most of the people here can only change their oil

Its not an American thing. It is an uneducated, non mechanically inclined, underage thing. Most posters on Veeky Forums can credit vidya games for thier extensive automotive knowledge.

Yea sitting meaning it hasnt been tagged or insured.. I don't live in an urban area so u can drive quite a bit and never be on a main road... Thanks tho guys.. I was gonna offer him 1k just as long as everything looks/sounds good and it actually runs and drives like he says it does.

>305
Guessing you like the V8 sound but hate the V8 power

is this why Veeky Forums is so shit?

no, offer him $500, and don't let him talk you back up over $850 for that turd bucket

I do like the v8 sound. Can't help it came with a 305

Listen to this guy, OP. 1k is too much. I would draw a hard line at 800 bucks. You're going to have to go through all of it and likely replace a lot of rubber parts. It probably needs new tires too, right?

Only rubber I was goin 2 change was tires and they would be used at that. Those rims are hidious.

Love me some 80s g body. Get it and show it some love.
> 305.
I have an 83ss el co I picked up off my grandfather. He yanked the 305 and put a 350. You're buying it for the sound so who cares unless you're going full racecar. But then everything would need to be redone so just throw exhaust and listen to the lugs

$600 at the fucking most.

seriously OP i've picked up better heaps than this for under 1k.