/rlg/ - Roguelike General

Xom is best god edition.
>FAQ and What to Play
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34 (embed)
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f (embed)

>Webterminal
Rogue Nexus – Cataclysm online with shared map and tons of other roguelikes in a simple online package! (USA Only)
roguenex.us

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/SgMJ7Xwh (embed)
Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718266
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

We got real sleepy there, huh?

first for ded thred
first for DCSS killed the thred
first for chei

I never ascend SpEn before.
Is Kiku a decent choice for SpEn ?

My plan is this :
Level up sb, stealth and hex, use stab to kill enemies, worship Kiku and use Animate Dead / Simulacrum if I accidentally wake up things that can't be stabbed. Branch to summoning later for backup so I don't spend all of my piety with corpse delivery.

Sounds good ?

Yeah, man. I haven't even tried that before but my best necromancer run was as a spriggan.

>48 bottles of water
>20 bottles of lemonade
>over 100 cans of soda
Pretty silly for something I can open by hitting it with a machete. Somehow.

>there are people who don't open the troves
B-But muh wand of heal wounds!!

>implying Xom is actually better than nogod
but yeah xom the most fun god

Nono, what you do is use stealth and hex early, pain brand a rapier/QB and tab shit with simulacrum backup. You won't need piety after pain branding so you can use kiku's corpse delivery whenever you need, plus later floors have insane corpses so you might not need it. Simulacrum is good enough to win you the game by itself, and pain branded tabbing will handle the rest so long as you dump a boatload of exp into necro. Super easy. You can branch out for other spells if you want them, but just make sure to properly invest necro. Its the most important thing. Its how I won my loremaster 3 banner

fedhas, pakellas or kiku would probably be my picks for a serious SpEn run.

the thunderdome sprint has a unique QUAD DAMAGE powerup that makes everying go in ALL CAPITALS

Thanks Xom. Thanxs.

Quaff that zerk and dunk her nigga. 2 heads ain't better than 1 when you have papa xom on your side.

Killed her a while ago. For some reason she didn't cast any spells and the examine info didn't list any. I wonder if evaporation and reforming removes spells unlike polymorph

Random question: How do you win a summoner playstyle character in DCSS? I tried doing one but it veered into a hybrid summon/melee style and then eventually just became a tabber who could cast Haste.

>A Yamabiko comes into view.
>It shouts!

I mean everything in crawl is a "hybrid foo/melee" unless that foo is "shoot arrows that i got from trog or grampa oka"

summoners are melee characters with lots of friends

Thanks for the advice, I'll post my run later after I finish work related stuff.

>Loremaster III: Win without raising any skill to 13.
Kudos for you sir.
I don't think I can resist the temptation for grinding skills. More like I can't survive.

Ya don't. Pure summoning doesn't really work out, enemies that can summon can also dismiss your summoned allies. Some hybridization is practically required.

I never even used summons around those who could use abjuration, because by the time I got to those enemies I had already stopped using summons because of how weak they were.

Then again, my DESu had MM and XXX castable and still felt like unbelievable garbage up until he died, just because he had no real recourse against enemy packs (aka most remotely dangerous fights in this game)

Shadow Creatures is the best summon spell, use that

Did you get to use dragon's call? I'm wondering how shit it is compared to the other level 9 spells in the game

I did a bit in Zot.

But by the end of that game I teleported into the Zot:$ orb chamber and held down tab until everything was dead. Riposte via fencing gloves on a +9 vamp bardiche while wearing randart +9 IDA and having 42/35/2 defenses...

Yeah, I guess that game was just telling me to give into the tab button.

The intended course of action for a summoner is to create some friends and THEN tab

were you just trying to summon shit and then mash 5 while waiting for your summons to win the game for you?

DDA fishing: running a cornered eel down and hacking it with a machete

No, seriously, how do you fish? There's a craftable rod and trap but they don't interact with the actual fish creatures you see in the water, right?

>that poster
this is what happens when you take advice from the tavern

By the end I wasn't in need of meatshields that game.

I thought that "summon then press . until the enemies all die, repeat until you win" was the Su playstyle though.

>fillet of fish
>makes a passable meal raw, it says
I got some kind of parasite for eating that eel. An annoying one that keeps causing pain, prompting me constantly to stop reading the book that will let me craft the cure.

Fish, not even once.

Go MuSu of Sif, get to * piety, bind aa to your . key, enjoy your pure summoning win. Maybe, because outside of that Mu is horrible garbage.

well compared to other 9's its kind of bad but its still pretty gud
go on wizmode zot to test it

Mummy is the only race that can win the mumo challenge tho

Craft a fishing rod and reload it with fish bait. Use it on water that has fish in it, and time will pass until you "catch" a fish. All it really does is drop a dead fish corpse at your feet. Its an ok way to get food and raise your survival. Use fish traps for a better way to fish. You just load them with bait, place them in water and read a book until you get a prompt saying it caught something.

I don't think that's quite true. I'm pretty sure a minotaur would do better

MuFi^Gozag is straight cash.

It's by far the best thing Mu has going for it though. Endless MP for only some invo investment and a few turns you would do nothing in anyways.

You are aware that sif channeling was removed, right?

Are you serious?

What was it replaced with?

not really no

you summon things and then you hit things alongside them

they contribute damage, they soak up lots of damage, they give you distraction stabs, and some like mana vipers have strong utility

if it was just "cast this one spell then walk away and wait until you win the fight" it would be horrendously OP

sif channel was reworked in trunk so this is no longer possible

If you don't have enough MP sif lets you cast the spell anyway, and applies -cast for a couple turns. It's way way faster than normal MP regen though and very good early game. Good for summoners because you can throw in fresh dudes in the middle of the fight, good for blasters because you can just kite while the -cast goes away. It might not be as good as old channeling, but it doesn't require any turns to use it.

it's now a piety-costing manaregen buff that sort of works like trog's hand

its about 3 mana per turn with duration based on invo, but it keeps working while you do other shit so for everything but that one musu build it's stronger

A toggle abillity that lets you cast spells for a -cast effect and a Sif's Brain Gain abililty that gives ambrosia+ mana regen based on invo. From what I hear, its really fun and much better than the old channeling. Book gifts also start at 5 piety.

cast spells without mana for a -cast effect* Both abiltiies cost piety but you also gain piety on kill as well as for learning magic.

The 1* ability doesn't say in the description that it costs piety last I checked

Oh shit, that is really cool if it doesn't. I haven't had a chance to give sif a shot yet.

yeah the +cast thing is free, it's just the manaregen that costs mana

speaking of which why did they add the status light for a toggled ability which you have no reason to ever turn off

Arise chicken.

Hope whatever's inside this thing won't wreck me

How do you feel about cloud and cloud accessories?

Which DCSS server. I'd watch you beef

He actually knows Tornado now.

Be warned.

real weak desu

Holy shit, fuck these dudes.

>inventory on display
>online
user, please. He is playing offline.

>Cloud mage has a name
Sazxuase is such an odd name too. Off to the wizard's concordium, for the great eternal debate.

I've said it before but wizlabs should be a proper branch. They're too cool to be optional and missable.

What game?

Looks like ToME 4.

Bi-yearly reminder that dicks is objectively better roguelike player and a more valuable person than you.
If he would be just about to get shot it would be your moral obligation to leap in front of the bullet.

Listen, naga. I would leap in front of that bullet, but not because he is a better roguelike player. It is because he is a valued member of our shitty little image board. He has brought me hours of joy with his inane musings. His videos have taught me a lot about consecrating pillars and have made me a much more rounded and stronger player overall. He is our brother in arms, a shining star in our night sky. There would be no obligation, it would be a way to honour our own blood.

What's the best way to win Summoner as a class anyways?

Drop the book in lava. Worship trog

I've been marathoning his MuMo vids recently
so relaxing

They're assholes, but generally speaking you should be able to chase one into a corner if you're coming at it at a decent HP level, and they're a lot worse at chasing - if there's one harassing you when you're at low HP, just go up a floor and heal, or run until your regen infusion / whatever comes off cooldown.

Dreads, on the other hand. Fuck Dreads and their shittier cousin Dreadmasters. They suck as a physical-based class because they're invisible, they suck as a magic class because they love silencing you...

>D:4
>book of minor magic and Morg
Death imminent

that's not sif

>mummy of chei
You're already dead.

muh FUN

reminder that if you don't play crawl online you are NOT a part of DC:SS e-sport Community™

but being a roguelike player and being a valuable human being are mutually exclusive

good thing he's obviously a horse

I need help
So I started getting into DynaHack as my first *Hack game and I don't understand one thing:
sometimes I can go diagonally through the door nearby, sometimes I can't and I can't figure out why
the icon is sometimes a big ascii block, sometimes it's just "open"
can someone explain, please?
thanks
also hiroshima please fix 4chins

But I want to be an e-sport too :(

You can't move diagonally through open doors, only open space.

I know we're both memeing just to keep thread alive so I'll just cross my fingers for you m8
my first death while having 3 runes was in Pan
awoo!

so there just exist "open" entrances through different rooms? I mean corridor-room-corridor without doors?
sorry I'm not a native speaker

I'm surprised at how chill and non-autistic ToME chat is.

Yes, that's precisely it.
Where are you from?

So in last thread I read that /rlg/ has its
fuck how is that new temspeak called?
anyway, please give me hints on how to connect to you guys

/rlg/ doesn't have a discord and hopefuly never will.

WE STAND STRONG AGAINST THE CIRCLEJERK

You can't go through diagonally if there's an actual door, but sometimes there are doorways without doors in them.

Also, if you kick down the door to break it you'll be able to move through diagonally once more. Just be careful you aren't kicking down a shop's door or the shopkeeper will get pissed.

Poland
I've just drunk 0,5L vodka. Gotta splat some DSCK, then play DynaHack nymph stole literally80% of my eq so I'm bound to die
fuck
I've been seeing posts about this thing for about 3 threads m8

the /rlg/ discord is a meme

you've also been seeing posts about tummies for 3 threads even though most of rlg isn't actually pedophiles (ponyposter probably is on account of the ponies though)

>just to keep thread alive

This thread is lively enough. It just goes to page 10 often because Veeky Forums traffic is somewhat like /a/

Why wont the settings work for 0.5.2 crawl i gotten? I dont wanna play it in full screen, its shit

Just got a nice artifact short blade.
I forgot to ask, should I pump dex, int or both ?

Wait nvm, got it to work, all the options were in one line so it didnt work
Stupid txt

Int
you generally dont need much dex as a spriggan
it gives diminishing returns past some point and is mainly used for EV - which you get ridiculous amounts due to being small and that dodge apt

Anybody playing IVAN here?

So it's true huh, max HP really doesn't matter

>tfw tab isnt attack command in 0.5.2 crawl
Kill me

forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3718266

goddammit berserktitis

it's a lua thing so assuming 0.5.2 supports lua you should be able to just copy it over

holy shit what autists

do you think i should try that sigils thing

So... how exactly did you find this?

oh my god im dying holy fuck asdasdass
i mean i used sigils for lucid dreams before and they worked but influencing exterial world? a fucking video game (it's shit btw)?
oh my god im fucking losing it

>quaffing (this means drinking them)
Stopped reading right there, purged from memory.

Meh fuck it, not like i cant play without it
Also this version is suffering and everything looks so weird

Don't you fucking dare die on me.