Rimworld General - /rwg/

rimworldgame.com/

RimWorld follows three survivors from a crashed space liner as they build a colony on a frontier world at the rim of known space. Inspired by the space western vibe of Firefly, the deep simulation of Dwarf Fortress, and the epic scale of Dune and Warhammer 40,000.

FAQ: ludeon.com/blog/faq/
Wiki: rimworldwiki.com/
Mods: ludeon.com/forums/index.php?board=12.0 (also check steam workshop)

Please leave any suggestions for the OP pastebin as replies to this post.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/9R9Z35Ey
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727862986
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

anyone find traders that sell hyperweave or devilstrand?

>hurf durf solar flare

SOMEONE REMOVE THIS STUPID FUCKING SHIT

Any of you faggots wanna work on a Recommended Mods pastebin?

I can't get a normal fucking raid to save my life. I have gotten zero gear because it's always god damn mechanoids attacking me. Phoebe is a fucking whore

>meanwhile on Randy
>Infestation!
>Raid!
>Solar Flare!

T-thanks

ha

Prepare Carefully if you limit yourself
Glitterworld for advanced players
Expanded prosthetics
ED-Transponder
Minituarization to move objects that normally wouldn't be movable in vanilla

I feel that these are balanced mods

I just got

>solar flare
>psychic drone
>mechanoid raid

On phoebe

I figured as much. If I were to make Strawpolls with various mods in them, would you guys actually vote on which ones you would recommend? I'm thinking of just plopping whatever gets talked about in these threads into a poll and doing that method.

how does this make sense

what's so bad about them?

sure, go for it

you can just restrict everyone inside their shelter until it passes out. get them to mine out the mountain base or just chill. sure it's one wasted day and food but better than wasting medicine and terrible mood swings.

Is this game fun?

No we talk about it all day long because we hate ourselves.

>finally research glittertech research
>power plant needs to be placed on a geyser because fuck having inhouse power EVER I guess
>requires magnetic coils
>have no sweet fucking clue where magnetic coils are produced
>that titanium amount
>been on 5 colonists for like two years

yeah I think I am done for a bit

pastebin.com/9R9Z35Ey

I made a pastebin for the OP with what seem to be the most common questions. Feel free to add on to it or whatever.

Weirdest cargo drop I've gotten so far.
But hey, something to sell I guess.

You mean toxic? Solar flare sucks because you cant do anything.

Colonists in toxic still can walk around. As long as they dont spend 100% of their time outdoor its ok.

what the fuck? this is like that user who started a colony with Cowboy hatX58

oh hey me too

Vanilla is shit and shallow

Kinda okay with a TON of mods but most of them haven't or aren't being updated to the latest version

Anybody have a link to a mod that reduces lamp power usage? For the life of me I cannot find it. Lamps taking nearly as much power as an air conditioner is ridiculous.

Pic unrelated.

it's fun if you like micro management sim survival games. otherwise, don't.

>tree-farm enclosed in marble walls catches fire after an unannounced Zzzt
>lose 2 colonists trying to put the fire out after the temp passes 2000 deg
>nothing but slag left when it finally stops going nuclear

Now to weaponize it.

Maybe I'm shallow, but I've got 40 hours in vanilla.

You guys should compile a modded version in a mega repo then

www.strawpoll.me/10902561

Vote for what mods you would recommend to other members. If you have suggestions, let me know and I may start a new Strawpoll if we get enough.

Trying to see if we can get a cohesive Mod Pastebin.

why can't you do anything? I thought it only messed with electronics?

modular tables + stools

there was this old mod for rimworld called something like "defend that colony" that added embrasures, water that slowed down a lot, better sandbags, trenches, and barbed wire, shame that mod is long gone, there's also this mod that add variety of veggies and fruit and also let you make medkits with aloe and cloth.

That last mod you mention is Veggie Garden.

Added to the list for next time.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727862986

yeah but the other mods? there's also this current mod that add more turrets, wich kinda fit into the style of the game, unlike the other mod that adds .50 turrets.

Much thanks.

>toxic fallout
>seal off the only entrance to the base and get ready to wait it out
>colonists are doing fine and I have lots of food stocked up
>everybody just talks and watches tv in the living room
>psychic drone starts the men insane
>draft one of them
>stick him a dark, dirty tunnel to drive him mad and see what he'll do
we vault-tec now

Because that's how long it takes for enough traders with plasteel to spawn?

someone already did

I hope a flashstorm hits you

It's like a sitcom police chief

In due time, That flashstorm will arrive.

That feel when another siege after you just got done clearing the degradable loot from the last one.

My prison can't handle any more convicts and I'm afraid of what might happen if I start harvesting people and my wealth goes up.

looks cozy and like a pyromaniacs paradise

>sheriff

Jokes on you it thrived.

Also blue lights with cream carpets look very nice at night.

>loli
my kinda guy

place yer bets lads

Why do all my colonists cry about wearing tattered apparel, when my stockpile is filled with tribalwear?

clothes below 50% quality counts as tattered

underwhelming actually

All of the tribalwear is 100%.

they usually end up killing their group members

50% hp or quality?

HP

>doesn't use cheap mod embrasures

I like you user

sorry hp

also maybe it's a modifier to the tribalwear itself regardless of hp?

i live on the edge

So how I set up my turret defense? It took me 15 tries to get this far, I don't want to lose again because I fucked up my defense.

just put them at the entrance to your base, make sure they can't shoot each other, put sandbags or rubble in front of them

Can I harvest augmentations from dead niggaz?

Just like EVE, it's only as boring as you are.

>that clean as fuck nice base

why does my shit always look like a goddamn clusterfuck? do you start your base like this right from the start or do you construct this shit later in the game? i usually don't even have enough materials to make bedrooms that are big enough while also surviving, so later i'm too lazy to deconstruct them and build bigger ones and so on

so ends my best extreme run so far, not from any raids or sieges, but from fucking chimp outs

I even fended off a siege assault with only 2 dudes and 2 turrets while everyone else was chimping out

pretty

Plan ahead especially where you will put your corridors or you'll feel stupid when you want to expand. And also try to put your storage room first then expand around it. I'm not a great basebuilder myself but doing that should help.

>Optimist
what a trooper

Not him but
Plan ahead from the very start, if your not very imaginative use the planning tool to make sure shit is even and you don't trigger sometimes autism by having a uneven base.

At the very start pause and take a very good look at the map, think of late game, as well as initial survival set up if you are playing on a hard difficulty.

Geysers, mountains, swamps, trees, edge of map, bottlenecks, visible resources are all shit you should consider.

Then start small you don't need to build a wooden mega mall right of the bat if you're gonna demolish it later.

Don't waste resources, demolishing steel stuff is very bad, try to sell them if they can be uninstalled, think of room for workshops to fit with tool cabinets, initial looks are not very important, think of performance, you don't want the cook running for 2 minute to find the ingredients for a fine meal.
You can fuck him later once you are set up.

Store room should be the heart, but your van have more than one.
Decide how big the base perimeter is gonna be and set it up.

He was playing on an easier difficulty and thus had lots of time for basebuildan

thanks guys, i'll keep it in mind in my next playthrough

pic just as a reference for how fucking retarded i am. at least i have the cooking station next to the ingrediants i guess...

>that base
You're fucking triggering me right now.

I don't even know where to begin

is there any way to improve the chance of two colonists falling in love?
not only are the mood buffs neat but getting 2 people into one bedroom spares so much room

beautiful trait

I don't understand, this guy just had a small mental breakdown because he's wearing tattered clothing
am i missing something here? quality seems fine

I've just been getting mad animal after mad animal.

On a map full of boomalope herds.

the armor nigga

I've been getting endless siege after siege

it's like AI knows there's no other way in

I will never not get mad at when my colonists have chimp outs. Even in small isolated colonies that are faring poorly the idea of every single colonist going berserk is stupid beyond belief, these things need to be significantly rarer and/or be triggered by either a trait or something like a psychic drone, the fact that I have colonists killing each other over dirty fucking floors is ridiculous.

I have no idea why people have so much problems with Colonists going berserk. Only time I had trouble was with a single Colonist whose wife was a pirate that got shot in the head, caught the plague AND the flu so he's stuck in the hospital all day.

I don't bother accepting any colonist with -ve mood effects or + thresholds and I always monitor the high traffic area for dirtiness so I can order a spring cleaning.

I play in harsh biomes frequently because getting food in any other environment becomes a trivial task and managing the colony outside of raids becomes a little too easy. Because of this my bases are frequently plagued with issues ranging from starvation to over population to power outages all the time.

I understand that a shitty environment is going to piss off my colonists but people don't just go insane and shoot their friend right off the bat, it's just annoying that some of these assholes decide that they're going to get pissy right as fifty thousand tribals descend on the goddamn colony.

What really angers me is when I have a few problem colonists that have daily mental breaks over absolutely fucking nothing even if they don't have any negative mood traits.

Do tame animals breed if you have a male and a female? I want to build a colosseum cage for animals so I could unleash the beasts at unsuspecting raiders.

Obviously if there's only a few bad apples there's something wrong in their bedroom or work routine or something. If you can't find the problem, its probably time to exile them.

Yes, but they don't commit incest oddly. You will need at least 2 males to have more than 2 generations of babies.

Ye

Could you explain why you think Glitterworld is for advanced players only?

>Colosseum cage to unleash against raiders

Make abso-fucking-lutely sure that your colonists do not give any of your battle animals any obedience training because if god forbid one of them gets attached to an animal as soon as the fucking thing dies they'll start getting pissy.

What is the "fuses" mod?

> sappers begin digging into a mountain to get to my base
> in the process they uncover deep water that blocks their progress
> they then proceed to stand there not knowing what to do

Damn raiders are really incompetent these days, what should I do with them ?

>masochist doesn't actually make someone hurt himself on purpose, he just gets a positive mood from being hurt

>have one fat fucking bitch that's a nudist and literally can't do anything but complain and make "art"
>survives a heart attack
>meanwhile my useful rambo guy that gets shit done and fuck raiders in the ass keeps getting mutilated when ordered to rearm traps
>get a commissar a bit later and think "fuck yeah some disciplined motherfucker that will get shit done"
>he's the second biggest bitch in the colony after the nudist land-whale and keeps whining about the environment

>New to game
>Decide to do the single person start because it seemed fun
>Doing fine so far
>"Wanderer joins!"
>Immediately goes into a bad mood then mental break
>Beats my guy down
>Dies to a raid shortly after

Whelp

That was actually fun what should I do now

confess your love to your crush

just do it again

source for gif?

>rescue chick named Engie from raiders
>she's the gf of one of my colonists, Nick
>she's a fat turd so she gets chased down and stabbed in the ass before i can do anything
>few days later alphabeaver infestation appears
>send out the squad while Engie rests at home
>beaverhunt goes terribly wrong, all of them turn manhunter, colonists get mauled big time
>Engie heals up and becomes the colony's doctor in these times of peril
>Nick requires treatment too
>he is lying in bed in the old barracks I had to turn into a makeshift hospital after the beaver attack
>people have bled all over the floor and Nick don't like this
>Engi is treating dying people's wounds instead of cleaning the bloodstains and Nick don't like this one bit
>so while Engie is treating him
>Nick flies into a rage and stabs Engie through the brain
>runs outside and stabs a cobra
>runs farther and stabs a wild pig
>wild pig stabs back with its tusks and Nick goes down instantly
>also two of my colonists have died in their beds while I was paying attention to the Nick-happening

Jesus, this game...

What is it about Rimworld that makes the stories less entertaining than DF?

Less z-levels, no proper melee combat

Damn, 15 medical skill AND a good researcher? I'm sure this guy will be a great asset in the tundra.

>very neurotic
>nervous
Hahaha, good luck.

pink floyd - the wall

The Wall, the movie

What is the best configuration to protect the turret, do covers work the same as they do with colonists ?

I was thinking about making them like this:

SSS
WTW
SSS

S: Sandbag T: Turret and W: Wall
Is it efficient ? And what provides the best covers between sandbags and rubble ?