USPS worker?

have any of you fags ever worked at the post office? there is a opening at my local office for a PSE Mail processing clerk (basically sorting mail the best I can tell) the hours and days vary it says on the listing.....just curious how your experience was

Read Bukowski's book Post Office

I don't have time to really read a book...the job closes in a few days

ive always thought being a mialman would be a cool chill job for once my house is paid off and I have enough money socked away. I'm guessing it's probably going the way of the dinosaurs though :/

Yeah a mail carrier seems cooler than a mail sorter which is the job opening I have locally.

Fuck it, might as well apply. Ask them about the job in your interview.

yea i would apply, might get a chance at driving a few months down the road

you're part time

you're basically gonna have to learn what street/house is on each route and able to sort it. same with packages.

you'll get a lot of work as the holiday approaches because the package volume gets insane. it's not an awful gig, but it's not great.

My GFs parents were both postal workers. They say they retired at the right time. They got good careers out of it, but more and more they are leaning on part timers who do not get those stellar benefits. Probably ok pay for a unskilled gig though.

I assume you are speaking from experience? what are the hours like during non-holiday

Yeah the pay is $16.06 which is really good for the area

Pittsburgh?
Anyone my mail man says it isn't a very good job now. Not even many benefits if at all.

No, and money is the main benefit im after at the moment..

I recommemd you apply.

Working for the Federal Government is a good gig. Postal work will probably suck but at least youre insured and your pay is backed by the faith of the US Government.

Still, id recommend this only be a temporary gig.

They suck you in, dude

hey guys, I'm not OP, but there is an opening in my towns post office for mail sorter, and I thought about applying part time, as I'm college aged

what does Veeky Forums think?

i know my post is vague as fuck, but i just need something to get me some blowoff money on the weekends, maybe $9 or $10 an hour

they specifically hire people for holiday, which i think it says it's temp on the position when you apply.

yours is probably just an entry level position

lmao

You like that huh?

Gubment job. Good pay, good benefits. Shitty job. Got a buddy doing exactly that. Says its worth it for a few years while u shoo for a job that isnt shit.

everyone i nkow that's worked for them has hated their life massively

Did that at the royal mail for a few months as a temp. It's literally sitting around sorting letters, or emptying sacks into sorting machines and chucking out anything that will jam the machine. Or emptying sacks into trays and throwing parcels into cages.

Don't expect to get the job if you're not friendly with their union rep.

Rural Carrier here....like said its a government job. if you want to be unfulfilled but making okay money for someone with no education then go for it. Im one semester away from graduating and then peacing the fuck out

i had that exact job in 2012 when i was like 21..it depends if you work at a post office or a processing plant like i did( hours were 8pm-1am, got like 36 hours a week, was boring all i did was sort mail and mov equipment around but i listened to my music/podcasts so that was good)

if youre at a post office youll probably do the same stuff, sort packages, mail and whatnot, will probably come in early and might get a lot of hours.

im a mail carrier now and i like it a lot better because im outside and not cooped up in the post office and im actually a career employee now