/r6g - Rainbow Six General

Run Thermite run edition
youtube.com/watch?v=lqsL4QpKXeM

Previous thread >Season 3 Operation Skull Rain info

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-operation-skull-rain-recruits-brazils-bope-operators/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/updates/index.aspx
youtube.com/watch?v=JAwgzzN6RfQ

Livestream demo
youtube.com/watch?v=n01smDYjg9E
youtube.com/watch?v=MvvD9nkzsns

>Steam group
steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO

>Teamspeak for Veeky Forums operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations

>Official news
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/news/index.aspx

rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/dustline.aspx

blog.ubi.com/rainbow-six-siege-post-launch-maps-operators-modes/

>Developer AMA Recap
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1349361-Developer-AMA-Recap

>Maps and drawing tools for all available gamemodes
r6maps.com/
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-US/whiteboard/landing.aspx

>Weapons and Armor damage comparisons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fr6MsLNfjDlPESlHGUQxoRiR3yChpewKQAlsOHXG5A8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pref=2&pli=1&sle=true

>Known Issues:
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Known-Issues

>Basics of CQB Pastebin
pastebin.com/ECbQGdVk

>Steam group player list
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nB6S5xtZFuAlnX24VG6IVvOYnI18oOlV2W0SPM3OjaE/edit?pli=1#gid=375665432

>Console group
PS4: Add dazint8 or Omegaplaya and join the /r6g/ community that way
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI (the 'I' are capital 'i's)

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current windows, all maps, all modes.

legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

>WIP /r6g/ guide for crosshair overlays, tactics etc
hnng.moe/7Ik

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Woodpecker.ogg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for anime

Second for Caviar is hot

TIME FOR MORE SHITTY OPERATOR IDEAS, STARRING user!

Defense hero with gas canisters; can leave trails of gas on the ground by holding his ability key/button/whatever, can be toggled on and off like Caviar's ability however it will not replenish. Pressing B switches the gas canister for a toss-able match; enemy operators can see gas on the ground however it's not immediately obvious/

looking for people to play ranked with

ign: foulowl

Fifth for running away with roamers

A second operator to deal with reinforced walls. Could be blowtorch or something, anything to change up the meta.

>some dumb nigger on my team keeps posting ips like it matters
who cares
either ddos me or fuck off, I don't care either way

Not even a shitty idea. It's a decent idea.

>DDoS
>One IP

I just want Rook removed; he's basically essential to defense teams yet the absolute zenith of his ability is dropping armor on the floor at the start of a round.

Someone post the Dozer screencap.

>you
>a stupid nigger
pick both, fucking retard

You know, I've been wondering: wouldn't it be ideal for the defenders to tear up as much of the walls in Favela as possible? There's too many places where the attackers can get through, so might as well use the height advantage to keep them at bay and use the stuff in the room as cover. Plus, with the walls consisting of only studs, they can't get in until they actually blow the wall up, which I would assume is made more difficult since they're exposed now.

[Embed]

Hey if you don't like op you can suck my dick

Rook is a reliable pick for Defense. But without Thermite an Offense team will be hampered, every defensive operator gets two reinforced walls but Offense only gets one operator to deal with those walls.

>Blitz will never get a revolver or Glock

Let me ask: from the coding side of things, how hard would it be to make an object that puts out a constant line of essentially melee attacks, except they go through reinforcements as well?

Because that would be the ideal blowtorch. Give it enough fuel to open up two or three holes the size Sledge makes, or one the size of Thermite. Or the op just punches lots of little kill holes.

xth for Tina "This doesn't look like Frost" Lin Tsang

I really think what they need to do is tweak rook in some way. Maybe make his plates have a minor movement penalty (1+ armor for -.5 speed?), or do something.

If they managed to fix Tachanka and brought back playing the objective reinforcing and fortifying rooms, instead of this cops and roamers shit, Rook would be a good fit for powering up defenders.

But right now he gives a good benefit to everybody, and the alternatives are shit like a battery to an electrified wall or ADS grenade stoppers which only work if you are defending the objective - neither of which are good for the current "roam 24/7 meta", so Rook gets picked a lot. If you made it so Rook had a downside for roamers, you might see him chosen less and less.

He's not crucial for the defending team. They can do well without him. It's just all the defender abilities are passive and boring, and Rook's armor works in 100% of strategies.

It would burn and give the defenders time to react. Open the same size hole as Thermites charge. It gets two charges/enough fuel for two walls. Operator "kicks" the blow torched wall and it collapses/is destroyed.

I think you'd be better off, from a network side of things, just simply having a gadget or something that deploys and makes a buck or sledge sized hole (crouch or vault) - better for the game and doesn't lag down the thing with constant updates to the terrain + physics.

Audio Warfare when?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Range_Acoustic_Device
Get it to dump a tone like
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Woodpecker.ogg
instead of just being awfully loud. Make the sound only play for someone in the cone of the LRAD, which is a placed device like Tachanka's turret.
For attackers of course.

her eyelids are all bugged up

Have it so the sound projects even through reinforced walls, and you get area denial.

Just loud sound and your vision getting somewhat fucked up because ayyyy soundwaves lmao

That's just how Chinese people look user.

Operator Name: Mono

CTU: SAT

Country of Origin: Japan

Defender

Ability: Can throw deafening traps anywhere on the map that disables the hearing of the enemy for 15 seconds within a radius of 20m

maybe something like this?

The M11 is better than the spas 15 and you are a pleb if you disagree. That shit is a head shot machine

Is there a bug right now that stops you from earning Renown?

no really, her eyes don't look as retarded in her other headgear

Do you mean the M12?
Can it take ACOG?

no

I got a better idea: HOSTAGE NEGOTIATOR
Has a megaphone gadget you can't mute. Imagine screaming crazy bants at enemy team. Probably gets you banned quickly for racist shit.

M12 can only fit the fucking red dot and the shitty triangle sight.

new player here

I think I have all of the essential vanilla ops. What should be the first DLC op that I save up renown for?

Holy fuck this would be incredible. Something that mutes enemy coms whenever you talk so they can only hear your dumbass shouting at double normal com volume.

>attempting to stop in-game communication
>when teamspeak, vent, mumble, discord, skype, etc., all exist

This would only work when playing with randoms. It would be useless in ranked.

Buck

Don't listen to this man

Fight me nigger. Buck a best.

Listen to this man

Buck is the most cowboy operator in the game. Blasting through walls, throwing grenades, fucking all the women. Buck is awesome.

niggerbeard

You're just a little bitch who can't Buck shit up properly.

Valk. The cameras will never be bad.
Capitao is also good, he's Smoke for the attackers, where he is better able to control the engagement and only fight when he can use his DoT bolts. His Para is also incredibly controllable.
Otherwise,
Buck is about equal to Sledge and a worse Ashe
Frost is Kapkan with a top-tier shotgun and no nitro
BB will probably eat a nerf at some point. If not, he's the king of peeking and 1v1s, so pick him up once you have more of the DLC ops and there's less opportunity cost on the line if you drop 25k renown and he eats a nerf next week.
Caveira is just a roamer.

Buck mains are the worst players in this game, only rivaled by Memetang

While the skillbeard defenders are also annoying, their operator is at least objectively good.

Buck is not good.

I would say follow this guys advice, but start that AFK farming action.

Avoid Brazilian ops for a few weeks however, as they are new and everyone + their dogs will be picking them every round. It was the same way with all the current DLC - every fucking match for the first month everyone fighting to instalock the DLC chars.

I'll be right happy to

That's the point that a lot of defenders aren't realizing desu

>but start that AFK farming action.

That doesn't work anymore.

shamefur dispray

When the fuck did they fix it?

The patch where the introduced the new anti-cheat.

fuck.

luckily I saved up enough Renown for the Braz ops. Guess I need to save up for the nips manually.

>teammates getting salty in voice chat
Relax guys, it's just a game.

who misses the old team loadout/confirmation screen

ubi pls

universal weapon skins are a good idea

I was a good goy and got a few

alright thanks for the suggestions

>who misses the old team loadout/confirmation screen
I do. These tiles are ass.

no, it hasn't been fixed. i afk farmed on saturday with the free booster and got 15k or so

>nobody wants to play as thermite because he doesnt have grenades since last update
>everyone insta selecting the new operators
>nobody reinforces in smart locations
>lone wolfing

t-they nerfed blackbeard r-r-r-r-r-r-right?

It worked for me too, then after about 15 minutes I stopped getting renown.

>reverse image search OP pic
>find drawings of the siege operators as furries and dragons on tumblr
i should have known better honestly

Skillbeard remains unmolested.

>That teammate who gets downed and suddenly hops on his mic to scream at the rest of the team to pick him up

>playing thatcher cuz everyone picks thermite instantly
>people asking who has the season pass so they can alternate

Most Siege art is hella gay.

Why this

>nobody wants to play as thermite ever
ftfy

>pulsefags having no skill still

Thermite was fun to play before with the frags. I realize why they had to try and nerf him somewhat cause there was never a reason to not have a thermite, but boy is he fucking boring to play

>shitty Sig rifle that can't hit the side of a barn
>have to play carefully so you don't get fucked before you reach the promised land of reinforced shit
>can't go off alone or do anything because you are the last surviving member of a race of beings smart enough to bring breaching tools capable of going through things stronger than paper
>now when you actually breach the wall you don't get the joy of throwing boom booms into the room and maybe fucking up the people inside

I like the new look. Everything from the scoreboard to the slightly changed icons. I just wish the loadout info was displayed by default and somehow still incorporate the portraits. Without it the tiles look amateurish.

Searching up rainbow six siege on deviantart was never a good idea

Damn, I didn't know. Stole it from the last thread

I thought mute negated thermite on reinforced walls with the jammer, why are they still getting through?

>>can't go off alone or do anything because you are the last surviving member of a race of beings smart enough to bring breaching tools capable of going through things stronger than paper

I know it's probably not possible in this game but maybe siege 2 we can pick up a teammates kit and use it if they are down

>interrogates Mute
>it works

>Don't usually play realistic shooters but trying to git gud at siege.
>Regardless of what I do I either spend rounds turtling behind my team or dead.
>Never sure if I'm doing things right but the other team was just better or if I'm shit and doing everything wrong.
>Playing in constant fear of fucking up and constant fear of better players.
I think I'm actually developing PTSD from this game.

You know what Siege 2 needs? Doors. Seriously. Just Doors you can open and close and kick open like Blackbeard opens the playerbase's collective anus. Throw in an operator that can make armored doors that have to be kicked open instead of blown open or shot through.

what, i always play thermite

>Bombers can survive nitro

Hello comrades! Could any of you with an english version of R6S lend me a hand? I need two files from it. The files are located in sounddata/pc folder and are called sounds_eng_000000002.pck and sounds_eng_playgo_000000002.pck.

If any of you could upload these files somwhere, that would be great!

>tfw you just realized the little operator videos are just Meet the Team videos on a budget
>tfw you realized they added hats
How long until we're chasing wizards in bumper cars every Halloween?

good
this means that only I can pick thermite

Calm down. Getting to know the maps is like 40% (I scientifically calculated this) of getting gud. When you're comfortable with maps the rest will follow easily.

How do you afk farm?

>free weekend.jpg

please no

>has wings
>still rappels
what a dumbass, 0/10 wouldn't operate with

post bae

>IQ's in-game model

Why does every new Op get fucking nitro cells? Almost every fucking defender has nitros, I'm sick of this shit. Fuck this game and it's bias against shield ops.

Yeah I think everybody getting nitros is stupid. Caveira is a roamer, but she's supposed to be stealthy and interrogating people, not going Alluh Akbar.

For sure less Operators should have Nitro. Pulse needs a change quicky. Remove his nitro and have his gadget use a battery power like how Sledges hammer is used up each time you hit something.

honestly it's more like 70-80%

knowing your vertical positioning is powerful as fuck