Mustang General Thread:

Mustang General Thread:

I'm working on developing a rear seat delete design for 2010-2014 Mustangs. My goal is to make it functional, easy to install without alterations to the car, and keep the price at $100 or less. Basically all-around better than the one on AM for $140 that's held in place by plastic clips. This is what I have so far. I need some feedback from Mustang owners.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FBaOYfhguM0
tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/cto/5585182796.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck, uploaded sideways.

$140 is already pretty cheap, are you not shooting yourself in the foot by trying to keep yourself under $100?

AM only has about $30 worth of materials in their build. I'm trying to increase the bang:buck ratio so to speak. It's still a good enough profit margin and it keeps me busy.

You guys can shit on my 4.slow to keep the thread bumped.

>plastic clips
Yeah, that'll hold up in a crash.

The AM is held up by clips. Not the one I'm working on. The AM actually comes off when the windows are rolled down.

what years are the best looking mustangs, brehs?

Aside from classics, 2010-14 in my opinion. Though 2017 rtr looks good

The Maverick years.

99-04

Nigger detected

I am a fucking white male. What makes you think I am a basketball-american?

What does it take to turn a 99-04 GT into a Cobra? Or equivalent/superior?

Money.

i'd just sell the gt and buy a cobra desu

A 99-04 cobra.

You will need to purchase the following items:

>engine
>transmission
>rear gear set
>brakes
>seats
>wheels
>an independent rear suspension
>various exterior pieces like the hood bumpers trunk lid etc.

If you want to make it an 03-04 you will also need

>fuel pumps
>intercooler and pump
>flywheel

There's probably a bunch of shit I'm forgetting

You can't just up the goodies on a GT engine? I wasn't sure what was added. Just want a Cobra but they've gone up in price quite a bit and GT are still stupid cheap.

i made a post about a 351w swapped new edge and if i should start with a v6 or a v8

the two guys who said starting with a v8 was better are both faggots, the best move is to swap whatever rear end to a 9 inch read

BREH

HIGH TEST

>Sell 99-04 GT
>Buy Cobra

>buy a v6
>get a k-member from a 94-95 302 sn95
>drop a 351w
>new trans
>ford 9 inch rear

or just swap a 4v or a coyote

>

you could pick up a 2000-2001 cobra which are much cheaper. I believe it has everything except the supercharger of the later year cobra's... could be wrong though.

COYOTE SWAP
youtube.com/watch?v=FBaOYfhguM0

there completely different engines besides displacement m8. and transmissions. and rear end. and everything

BREHS

anywho, the only non- faggot gen of mustang worth mentioning is the foxbody gen

>I'm working on developing a rear seat delete design

Wouldn't you just have to...remove the seats

???

Looks like shit senpai. Just tear out the seats and leave it bare. Why add that weight back in? Don't you want to go fast?

Road noise is a concern probably. I've had the rear seats down in my 06 and it's pretty noisy. And if it's a permanent delete it just looks better than bare metal.

Pretty much anything apart from 1974-1978

Who gives a shit. You're removing it to go fast. Strip your interior out, clean up the cable harness, weld in that fucking cage, get on the fucking track.

Or don't. Don't half ass it.

Love your fox.

This one is mine.

Also the back

Nice digital numbers

This desu.

Is it red or pink? With the lighting it looks pink but I would guess red.

It's red. Sorry about the bad lighting.

Way different engines
03/04 Cobra has a 4.6L Iron Block 4V Engine with forged rods, crank.

Does anyone know where you can buy 4.6L 4V Low compression Aluminators still?

Ford Stopping making them and replaced it with the new 5.0L Aluminator which has a $2k higher MSRP, and you still have to get the ECU/wire harness which is another $1500 (so a total of $3500 over just the 4.6L 4V.

Or how about a 4.6L 4V built Longblock? I can work with that but the ones I find are $9k+

The k members are all the same

$140 retail is about the right margin for $30 COGS.

>Saleen style wheels
>nigger
Pick one

Buy a built shortblock for modularmotorsport then a set of heads and intake from summit or anywhere, really.

>intercooler and pump

what pump?

>chrome
>nigger
Pick two

I didn't realise they were watercooled!

You wouldn't consider laying down some sound deadening sheets on the metal floorboard while it is exposed for now? There is that thin stuff used by auto sound shops to deaden road noise and vibration. Some personal computer cases have used that in their walls too to reduce vibration and noise. 3M has a specialty extra thick aluminum foil that adheres to metal. It doesn't have to be applied in full coverage as even strips of it deaden sound from the metal all around it.

Bump

Eh, the IRS components, like halfshafts are a little bit less quality/refined compared to 03-04.

The heads are worse, not even as good as an 03-04 mach 1. No forged internals either.

The GT block and crank is more than good enough for most peoples desired power level, it just needs rods and pistons past ~450rwhp. The Iron block and crank can handle about 600whp, which would work well with some good H beams and a typical pump gas FI build.

As far as turning a GT into a true cobra clone, as people have said, you should just buy one if thats what you want.

The modular big bore boss block with a 5.3 MMR stroker kit and turbos would be superior to most supercharged 03 cobras, thats coming from somebody who owns one.

SN95

I tried to get a better one today since it was sunny out. Thoughts?

There's a Mustang for sale near me that has caught my interest:

tampa.craigslist.org/hdo/cto/5585182796.html

I'm not too well read on Mustangs, but, on paper, is this in good condition?

Looks good enough. Have Benz run a VIN check on it, and check for rust and cracks.

Why?