>uk
Why is life so unfair

Other urls found in this thread:

gov.uk/check-mot-history
vid.me/SDo9
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>25 years to import a car
>nice laws

Because there's no fun allowed here in UK unless you go North, or to Wales.

UK is literally the best compromise between the rest.

We get all the JDM tyte mobiles without Australia's shitty laws or stupid euro taxes.
Also, Rover V8s.

The majority of mainland Europe has stupid taxes and insane fuel prices.

The UK has ridiculous insurance.

Japan has some very limiting classic car laws.

The US has utterly stupid import laws.

Australia has dumb "hooning" laws.

Pick your poison.

>Japan gets nice everything
nope.avi

>The UK has ridiculous insurance.

That's a meme.
It's only bad down south and if you're younger than 20.

m8 the UK has all the cars and just normal laws with decent speed limits everywhere and lax cops

The only shit thing here is fuel prices which doesn't really matter unless you're poor.

>and if you're younger than 20
Which, let's face it, the majority of Veeky Forums is.

Also LHD cars are annoying to deal with in the UK.

Laws are different depending what state you're in, in the US. I can run my car without a catalytic converter, but I can't in some other states.

>tfw Canadian and get decent laws and a little bit of everything

Why would I ever buy an LHD car?

>Which, let's face it, the majority of Veeky Forums is.

And from what I've seen in insurance threads on Veeky Forums people under 20 are buying stupid high rates no matter where they're from.

>salty roads

Some cars only exist in LHD. Same goes for RHD, of course.

>ROVER V8

Motherfucking Yes.

Not where I live.

We didn't even get any real snow this past winter.
Lots of rain though.

I guess man, but I'll take easy jap imports over LHD cars.

UK is probs the best out off all of them. Only downside is rather high insurance.

>no hooning laws like aus
>no shitty high taxes or anti modding laws like the rest of Europe
>more variety of cars than USA
>not cucked by engine size regulations like Japan
All this and one of the cheapest used car markets in the world. Also easy access to cheap rover v8s.

UK gets Muslims and Sharia Law

US gets niggers.

I'd say NZ is the best overall, all the good things about the UK, but with nicer roads and no mandatory insurance.

and spics, and white trash, and americans

A hundred bucks a year in taxes more or less make no noticable difference, and unlike Murrika Europe doesn't force you to drive shit tons so the fuel prices make far less of an impact than you'd expect, and we're less obsessed with obese fuel guzzling barges than the burgers.

Nah, there's places like Holland and Portugal that have stupid retarded taxes on everything related to cars and driving.

Dumb burgers see those and assume that this is what taxes and laws are like in the rest of Europe as well.

>no mandatory insurance
Tips snapback. Once you grow beyond the age of a poor 20 y/o moron, you'll realize how absolutely fucking idiotic it is to have no mandatory liability insurance and to force motorists to insure themselves against uninsured motorists.

Sucks to be Dutch or Portugese in particular I guess. Anyone stuck there is well advised to simply move to their eastern neighbors, half the Dutch speak German anyway.

Dutchfag here, it's mostly new cars that are hit by the crazy taxes.
Sure, there's monthly road tax based on vehicle weight, and fuel is very expensive even for Europe, but used cars and insurance are surprisingly affordable.
Modding isn't very restricted either, your car just needs to pass a yearly inspection and as long as it does that, anything goes.

A lot of bigger, more expensive cars are usually put on German or Belgian plates, though, so you're correct to assume people do that.

If older cars are so affordable, why has the old American car market here in Germany been flooded with previously Dutch registered cars lately? Any law changes?

I'm not sure actually, I think classic car laws are (or at least were, last time I checked) pretty good here. Road tax exemption for classics and such.
I do know some cities or districts don't allow cars older than a certain age anymore, but that's about it.

>your car just needs to pass a yearly inspection

Forces people to take care of their car, makes for a better used car market. Prices don't seem affected too much.

I'll take slightly too strict inspections over a complete lack of inspections. They improve road safety for everyone involved, enable constructs such as the Autobahn, and create a used market where 'road registered' actually means 'road safe' and not just 'held together still'.

>can import any car, regardless of age
>imports are 3x cheaper than UK-spec models
>Japanese cars all have the steering wheel on the correct side so I won't feel like a muppet if I import
>don't have to panic about cars being manual since I'm not a lazy cunt that doesn't know how to drive real cars
It's good not being an American.

Helps when buying a used car and you can look at all the previous MOTs from the last ten years online.

>japan has nice laws
Hahaha

Keep telling yourself that.

There are no inspections here anymore, and we recently got rid of emissions testing.

Seriously none of these problems nor even benefits actually happen in real life

Stop excusing your nanny state garbage.

>anti-speeding obstacles on every road thanks to Mid Night Club and the street racing scene
>can only legally drive your car every other day for the same reason
>high car tax and fuel prices
>literally nowhere to park unless you're in a small town
It's pretty shit in Japan, they just have cool cars on the cheap.

How is being able to do a past MOT check online not a benefit?

Saves you so much time when picking cars to actually go see in person.

gov.uk/check-mot-history

>he buys cars from people that don't even know all the problems with the car
MOT is a functional test of whether the car is road-worthy or not and what doesn't work in the car, you can't even run a car on the road without passing an MOT every year. I would never ever buy a car that hasn't recently passed an MOT since it'd just be asking for issues and repair work

They do if you
a) live in a country that isn't a gigantic slab of Kansas wasteland
b) want to run the Autobahn without killing everyone

>a little bit of potholes everywhere
>a slight metric tonne of salt and gravel per square meter of asphalt
>2 whole winters to destroy your car's resale value
>tfw not worth owning a nice car.
Shitbox life 4 life. This is the quebec experience anyways, how is it outside of this shithole?

No mandatory insurance means insurers can't price gouge like they do in the US and UK. Basic liability+fire and theft is $170 a year and comprehensive not much more than that. Overall no mandatory insurance is a positive thing

>Germany got the best cars and the best roads but shitty laws

>I don't know how to inspect cars myself and read service records so I need the gubmint to do it for me

You bongcucks make me laugh.

No mandatory insurance means it only becomes more expensive for everyone who does get insurance, just like hospital bills by those that can't pay them are inevitably carried by those who can in the end.

You guys are kind of the outlier with shitty laws and mostly shitty cars (and genuinely the worst drivers I've ever encountered in Montreal)

>I like wasting 4 hours driving to check out a car that turns out to be a complete piece of shit with a shitload of hidden issues

You're an actual fucking mong, it's useful as fuck and means you don't waste time driving to inspect a car that has too many serious issues with it.

Winter beater and nice summer car ya dip

I'd be happier having official documents proving that the owner has maintained their vehicle regularly and professionally. Please stop trying to justify not having required maintenance of vehicles; just face that it's both inconvenient on the used market and dangerous for people on the road.

But it doesn't.... like I said, insurance is cheap as fuck. How much does your insurance cost you?

>inb4 stupid attempts to compare insurances across different vehicles, ages, owners, locations and coverage levels

Inb4 your argument is stupid and you can't back it up with facts faggot.

That $170/year is on a piece of shit car worth nothing and equivalent to 1 days wages.

>literally going 1km/hour over the speed limit is a 300+ dollar fine
>hooning laws makes it shit to drive anything anywhere for everyone
>hooning laws can actually go as far as to confiscate the car and crush it
straya, where cops are revenue raisers and the nanny state taxes or bans all the fun

I can see how it's useful for lowest common denominator retards who need their hands held every step of the way.

>No shitty hooning laws
>You can literally be jailed and banned from England just for speeding

Why do you have a car if you hate driving?

If you're going a high enough speed, otherwise you'd just get points on your license.

Seems ridiculous no matter the speed. I was pulled once for 90MPH over in a semi residential area. Got a warning a lecture. Oh, and I peed a little when I saw the cop.

>mfw speeding fines top out at $700, two points and a three months suspension in Germany, for which you have to go an idiotic 45 mph over the limit in town
>mfw regular speeding fines up to 12 mph are more like 30 to 40 bucks and no points

>Rover V8

The Rover V8 is a shit engine... Hardly any power, awful fuel economy and not much tunability.

>people under 20 are buying stupid high rates no matter where they're from

Not really, the most I have ever paid was about £750 when I was 18 having held my license for less than a year. 23 now and just paid less than £250 fully comp. I won the postcode lottery in that regard.

>Rover V8

Literally a shit British Leyland meme overtaken by the better number of easily affordable 1UZ-FEs about in LS400s under a grand, and not made by National-Front voting, "i'm not racist, but..."-speaking fat bullish retards

>a 1961 engine overtaken by a 1989 engine
Wow, big surprise, you sure showed us.

No, but why would you literally say it's viably good in some regard when people always default to the jap alternative

*for a good reason

>reasonable auto insurance
>live life as a poortherner

Suicide would be a better option

ITT: Eurocucks BTFO!

I would say something to the effect of NZ has the best out of everything but fuck man, so many retards and their poorly modified niggerrigged cars.

My local "alt-rock" radio station imported a bonglandian on-air personality to do its morning show, and he tells stories about UK vs USA.

Today's story was that he went to the DMV to exchange his UK drivers license for an Arizona one. The DMV told him that he had to take both the written test and the driving test... but if he was german they would have waived everything and just given him a license ;^)

kek'd heartily on my morning commute

>I enjoy wasting my time inspecting pieces of shit that I'm not gonna buy

Americans.

I also heard that there is a huge license renewal tax if your car is past a certain age, that is why they ship so many used cars to AU and NZ.

Most parts of the northern USA have too much road salt and potholes.

Florida sucks for many reasons, but it has many advantages.
I once saw a German driving license back in 2000. Some tourists needed to show their license before cashing a check. It had the be the most complex driver's license I had ever seen.

I was wondering. How much more is an R34 GT-R going to cost in 2025 once we Americans can finally get them and drive up the demand?

>tfw have 10 years to import a late model FD to the UK before Americunt ricers start importing them all

not so fast you
they have strict emulsions laws
and heavy taxes on car ownership

there is even a max amount of km an engine is allowed to cover before it is taken off the road

in nz half yearly if your car was first registered b4 the year 1999
not really
people will not take care of the core aspect of a car when it could be made illegal by some superfluous detail

you can get a proper job and import nice everything from japan or even australia if you dare

>unless you go North, or to Wales
Why these two?
Btw I think I'd love to live in Wales, seems to be a big nothing going through Google Street View and roads are nice.

>there is even a max amount of km an engine is allowed to cover before it is taken off the road
thats just a myth, stop spreading misinformation.

How can you speak English?

either way all Japan has for ye is sloppy seconds

NZ and Canada best countries to live in if you love cars.

Aussie here heres the corrected edition
>Aussy gets no cars and american imports SHITE laws except for shithole states nsw nt wa
>American makes nice cars but modern performance models are unreliable grenades
>Japan made nice cars but Toyota suck now, honda cant really keep up and make boring fwd and awd boxes, Renault owns Nissan so it sucks
Honestly Europeans and Yanks make the best cars.

Euros make better chassis and interior and yanks make better engines.

I wouldnt be caught dead in a modern jap or aussie car their fucking SHIT overpriced shit with GM interiors and Ferd US spec interiors from the late 2000's absolutely terrible

Same for the modern jap cars absolute cheap shit

Euro=US>Everything else

And then there's Yurop.

>shit laws
>expensive cars OR shit cars

>Renault owns Nissan so it sucks

xD

Canadian here.

It's really not. I'm a muscle car enthusiast and not only are our prices higher but we can't drive hobbyist vehicles half the year.

Not to mention all the road salt destroys anything nice as a daily driver.

Southern people have it the best like Texans.

Japan is on the down and has nothing to prove
Korea is sort of where Japan was some time ago

I actually like the strict road testing laws.

It makes the used car market much more friendly for buyers. Even the cheapest cars are still perfectly road worthy and in almost pristine condition.

>we can't drive hobbyist vehicles half the year
Why?

> shitload of potholes (almost no stancefags tho) and salt in winter
> literally trash of the EU market cars
> very expensive new cars and gas, most of you ignore the fact of 2,5 euro hourly wage
BUT
> lax laws, lax cops, everyone uses cop spotting app Yanosik
> no road tax, cheap insurance, yearly inspections everyone bribes
> 140 kmph highway limits, but let's find those highways
vid.me/SDo9

Poland, SHITBOX: The country.

because of the weather I assume

>Cappuccino

>More than 3/4 of Australia
>Shithole states
Vic cuck detected. Honestly don't understand why you leftist hipster chucklefucks think that your state is so great, considering everything in your state is trying to screw you over.

Canada is decent. 15 year import law, and not much cops combined with massive country means hooning is easy and safe.

No country is even CLOSE to as good as the US for auto enthusiasts, I hope nobody is actually retarded or delusional enough to think that. No European poster will EVER own a cool car, work in an interesting part of the industry, track their car, build a car, or do anything relevant to the hobby, nor will any poster from Japan.
>yeah but if I made 10x as much as I actually make I could import a GTS-T Americans b..bb..btfo!

The first sentence is largely accurate, but then you went full meme afterwards so I'm gonna have to give you a C- you gaywad

This level of ignorance and self-absorption is why everyone hates burgerclaps.

I thought your fuel was really expensive?

Kinda, but you also tend to cover smaller distances than you would in the US.

But we can modify our cars out the wazoo and hoon without our cars being destroyed.

fuel and car tax can be

but only if you're a poor fag

fucking kek we can literally import ANY car into the UK even ANY shitty american car

We can literally import ANY shitty american v12 landbarge, build it, track it and do anything we want.

Whereas you literally have about 20 cars banned from importing into the US and your smog laws are just as strict as our MOT's. You literally didn't get the Euro focus till the other year and now you're all creaming your pants over that.

fucking americucks lol