XCOM General - /xcg/

Most Wanted Edition

Previous Mission: News:
1) Long War Studios have released their Laser Weapons Pack and Perk Pack.
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=712967878
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=719109968

2) Shen's Last Gift DLC Released!
>youtube.com/watch?v=oHG_abjJLPM

3) XCOM 2 officially coming to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 on September 6th.
>twitter.com/XCOM/status/740181548419272705

4) Julian Gollop is working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression much akin to XCOM. Lobstermen are confirmed.
>twitter.com/Phoenix_Point
>phoenixpoint.info/
>pcgamer.com/julian-gollop-announces-new-game-phoenix-point/

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

Piratez mod for OpenXCom: openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p)
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

XCOM2 NEW AND IMPROVED MODLIST, updated regularly:
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

NEW MEGA MOD LIBRARY - Contains all 180 mods from the new modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

Music to run the gauntlet:
>youtube.com/watch?v=zK5Dw7j1QZM

Other urls found in this thread:

stare-hry.cz/hry/strategie/spellcross/
patches-scrolls.com/spellcross.php
steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://www.strawpoll.me/10904990
strawpoll.me/10904990
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=736939919
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

1st for post BLACKED

2nd for Snek genocide

3rd for Pistols are Useful.

>99%

It ended up being a crit. Never doubt Zyklon-Ben.

Snek is for recruiting to XCOM to help repopulate our ravaged world, not for killing.

You too will get the rope once the Snek Shoah begins.

Liking snek gets you no where

>3 posters jealous that Vipers don't want to join their XCOM
Settle down boys. Maybe if you stopped being so mean they'd come to your Avengers, and play with your troops too.

Why would I want sneks on my avenger sounds awful fambo

Degenerates like you belong on a cross.

>help repopulate
Found the mind-controlled rookie. Kill his snek.

Reminder to imagine chryssalid queen rulers on terror missions.

>chryssalid queen rulers
ABA has a non-magnificent version of that.

It's time for me to go back to the suffering of Long War.
Where can I find the alternative text for Enemy Within?

Magnificent ayy lamos when?

>Stun Lancer Ruler that exclusively moves by prodding

I really would love to see ruler for each enemy type
>sectopod ruler
yes, I want it

>it ain't ayy starts playing

I just landed my skyranger (don't judge me, I needed those extra hands to deal with endless swarm of deep ones) next to first landed ship I've seen in months and the fucker in swarming with govt people.

How deep into negative will it put me? Should I leave?

Leave now, it's not worth it

If you're struggling with deep ones, govt will be hard and will damage your monthly score on top of that. And you never need to assault the local governments - you can get the government research by hacking later.

I haven't played Xcom 2 since like a month after it came out, and that's because things just went so shit and I restarted so often that I got burnt out. I'm thinking of giving it another try. What buildings and research options should i prioritize?

Guerilla Tactics, Advanced Warfare Center.

Mag weapons.

Will there ever be a firaxicom game where "rush tier 2 weapons" isn't the best initial option? I went into xcom 2 blind on commander ironman and won my first game thanks to rushing mag.

Name a game where betterer dakka isn't the solution to all of your problems.

Spec Ops: The Line

Animal Crossing

will there ever be a Firaxis XCOM that doesn't have a hump watershed after which the game is a joke with no difficulty?

I/I EW if you go fast
Was fighting 2 sectopods on a supply barge with railguns and lasers

in the OP modlist?

Man, ADVENT re-education is good if they've got people convinced they can breed with snek.

It does look like a rare
Don't have it at least, thanks fellow snekposter

Is there a way to force Steam to redownload all of the mods? Aside from resubscribing to all of them one by one of course.

Probably deleting all of your local mod content, files, folder, configs. Think that stuff is in your "my documents" somewhere, can't remember.

Deleting the entire workshop folder and starting an integrity check did it. Thanks, famcom.

Farming Simulator 2015

>Implying you don't increase your gains by buying a better tipper, plow, sprayer, etc.

Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear

CS:GO

M249 and the Negev, the only two machine guns in the game. M249 never gets used at all, while the Negev only comes out when you're curbstomping the other team and you want to screw with them further

I don't know, you still start with your crappy pistols and upgrade to assault rifles and a sniper rifle that wakes up the neighbors.

>crappy pistols

Interestingly enough a lot of the bitching around the balance of the game is about pistols and that they are actually too good. They aren't something that are good enough that you don't have to buy rifles, but they are still good enough that a team with pistols, armor, and no other gear against a team with full rifles, armor, and gear have a lot better chance to win then they should have.

>that cigarette

>having ayys in your base

Because that worked out so well in the Bureau

Spellcross user, I was unable to reproduce your problem. But I might have a solution anyway.

Turns out I had been lazy and was running the exe someone linked first from stare-hry.cz/hry/strategie/spellcross/
with the iso, which worked. While using the iso to make an install didn't. So try that.

Or there are patched exe files at patches-scrolls.com/spellcross.php you can try. One of them might just work for you.

That's because Faulke made a really bad call

And Vahlen was an idiot

>playing EU
>game softlocks because it keeps doing the "I HEAR AN ENEMY!" thing and literally will not stop removing control from me so it can do it
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH

THIS FUCKING GAME

>the Bureau
I'm still disappointed by that game to this day. As a random shooter it's not half bad, but there was really no need for the XCOM label. Were there really even any upgrades in the game? I remember everything pretty much just being handed to you as you advanced through the plot. Even if you fucked up you ended up getting upgrades anyways.

>Bureau
Don't bring that shit up here ever again.

>Implying you wouldn't want to have this cutie in your base
>Implying you wouldn't want all of her sisters there with your troops too
The Man With No Taste.

Why do you people think the leader pack isn't useful, I'm literally drowning in alloys, elerium and intel.

At some point, I bought everything (bar the soldier) the black market had to sell it back for supplies, I'm literally ignoring supplie drops at this point.

People generally evaluate things by tactical merit, not strategic. I know I do. Generally this is because success in the tactical game will lead to success in the strategic, and there is so much emphasis on completing every mission and having no wounds.

But having a good balance on strategic meant I could rush a lot of shit, including Resistance Comms, leading to have two continent bonuses before even reaching Magnetic, doing DLC shit or any facility (save the first one).

>being a race traitor

Reminder that snek and filthy ayys should be offered in sacrifice to Commander and His most Holy Prophet.

Okay, is there a way to fucking disable the sound markers in EU?

At seemingly random times in the middle of my turn, I'll be doing something, and then the game just removes control so a soldier can go "HEY U HERD THAT"

It's annoying as fuck

>he doesn't want to be informed of the enemy's position
B A K A

>wanna move more than 0 tiles
>"Dashing!"

what
the
fuck

/xcg/ will defend this im sure

they just teleport anyway, and aliens will start coming to you after your first firefight. the sound markers are literally useless and do nothing but slow the game down and remove control from the player at random times for no reason

I'm not explaining why you shouldn't consider the strategic benefits, I'm explaining why people generally don't due to a tactically focused mindset, hence answering the question, "Why do people think the leader pack isn't useful?"

I see your reasoning, looks solid as long as the number match up.

Literally one of the best mechanics added to x-com. Pretty sure you can't turn it off anyway.

>If you're struggling with deep ones

IDK, I think 40+ rather tough fishmen charging from all directions is supposed to be a bit challenging even if most of them are armed only with spears. Good thing lobstermen are a joke now since they forgot how to use guns.

new to piratez user, downloaded and patched .95A and skirmish worked, gonna roll with this and thanks for the help, let me know if you want details of my campaign

They can also have bagpipes that shoot acid with near 100% accuracy with 80 acid damage. Generally fatal.

Goodluck user, and yes, if you feel like sharing would love to hear your exploits. Too bad you couldn't get .99 working

git gud

>ladders and drainpipes aren't cover
/xcg/ will defend this

Like the Remington 870? good news
steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/?url=http://www.strawpoll.me/10904990

also new poll for whatever shotgun our good friend will port next
strawpoll.me/10904990
Remember to do your part and vote for the KS-23

Sometimes I fucking hate Steam
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=736939919

>Remember to do your part and vote for the KS-23
I got you man

Slowly getting through Apocalypse, I went from being stuck with stock vehicles for ages to suddenly being able to make all of the vehicles I want.

It went from being overwhelmed all the time in the city and having to pick my battles to being able to invade the alien dimension and wiping out whatever I want on a whim.

Feels like it should have been more spread out. Also personal shield generators take way to long to make.

Guess I just grind through all these missions now? I think I have most tech researched now, other than some captures and autopsy's, is there any point in getting them?

>I think I have most tech researched now, other than some captures and autopsy's
Don't you need those to unlock the final story stuff for beating the game? Or did you already get that.

On what date did you originally download the .99 version of PirateZ?

>first guerrilla op of Legend /Ironman
>car explodes
>Grenadier's cover 3 tiles over gets set on fire
>have to evac her before she burns to death
>still gets 36 days of rest
I'M SICK OF THE AUTOMOBILE TYRANNY
REEEEEEEEEEE

>I'M SICK OF THE AUTOMOBILE TYRANNY
kek

yesterday

about to get on a flight so i wont be able to post shit for about 5 hours

Huh weird. Just installed the newest version (.99A), and did a test battle and it finished with no bugs. I have no idea what is wrong with your game at this point.

Have a safe flight

i noticed in .95a that you dont start off with primitive as fuck tech so now i want to make it work again, this is torture

That's what you get for letting your cover use a car as cover!

Yes. I shoot these first. Celatids too.

Can you tame celatid and use it as a superparrot?

I don't know. I found Apoc to hard/slow/frustrating as a kid, so this is the first time I have gotten anywhere in it. I never even knew you invaded the Alien Dimension.

I am just destroying these buildings every other day at the moment.

No idea. Couldn't in .98a, but who knows in .99. Just check the tech-viewer, or start a skirmish an check the equipment section for a tamed Celatid.

If you haven't unlocked any research that doesn't mention any final solutions, or ending the alien threat, you definitely need to do more autopsies at least, if not captures.

>I never even knew you invaded the Alien Dimension.
Yeah, I think if you destroy their hanger equivalents they stop sending out ufos. Pretty sure you can also launch ground combat missions on any of those structures.

Well right now I am on some mission where I have to destroy white cubes. Unfortunatly the games didn't restock my grenades, so it is proving to be a chore.

I also already wiped every UFO from the map. I still haven't caught a Type 7 UFO yet though.

>playing long dong for the first time
>throw a nade at 2 sectoids
>it does 1 and 2 damage instead of 3
>whatever, kill one of them (which was mind merging another)
>the one that he was mind merging doesn't die
oh

>Try desperately to get into 94Com
>Can't, it's too bloody slow
>Just finished an I/C XCOM 2 run
>Don't feel like doing EW
Time to boot up Afterlight I guess.

>not knowing JL removes every tactic that worked in vanilla

>get in a dodgy situation
>remember /xcg/'s wise words and break los
>mfw it works like a charm
Every time.

>I will never figure out how to .ini edit SPARKs intimidate to not be shit

this guy is flanked right

l-le thats xcom :'^)

What? I swear that still worked.

I've had a mind merging commander kill like 4 nearby ayys on death before.

Greater mind merge is different than mind merge.

>the "high cover" didn't actually reduce your chance to hit
It works fine you degenerate /v/poster

How do you display this type of information of enemies on xcom 2? Abilities I mean mainly.

crit rate

WHERES MY FUCKING CRITS

I think the full set of autopsy/capture research gives you toxin c. Given how powerful toxin b is, it's quite unnecessary. I'm not sure you actually have to do it to win.

Apocalypise is a pretty broken game. I think it would have benefited a lot from modding to fix the worst offences.

You don't. That's XCOM, b*tch. :)

One day they will stop working on open tftd and actually focus on open apoc. One day.

Hey, they actually don't look half bad.

FUCK YOU CARTER

>have soldier fire on a muton
>they miss
>that soldier gets nailed by the muton he tried to shoot
>dies instantly
>100% of the remaining squad panics

great game, loving these meaningful tactical decisions that totally arent just rng

>not having backup shots
Could you be any worse at this?