/owg/ - Overwatch General

Guess Who Edition

>Official Website
playoverwatch.com

>The Oversheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QgTenq3s-YesFgb-CPI6yIPpp4K9xot7LhTBo3Tm0Pk/edit#gid=1751764739/

>Wiki
overwatch.gamepedia.com/Overwatch_Wiki

>Convert source mouse sensitivity
jscalc.io/calc/djyxBymfcWCIgD4f

>OP Pastebin
pastebin.com/0HaMLiu7

>Stats and Leaderboards
masteroverwatch.com
overbuff.com/

>Competitive Info
gosugamers.net/overwatch
over.gg/

>Overwatch DPS Sheet
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D4jOtaosiZoM2VA9IjRRPaiMbTTZtPrD1d8mK23DPa0

previous thread was fucking trash and does not deserve a link

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gamedetectives.net/index.php?title=Sombra_ARG#Summer_Games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hana song

We can all agree that D.Va's shield should be beta tested more rather than being pushed on live by a bunch of fucking retarded monkeys, right?

D.Va

Who is Hanzo

what is every defense hero

fifth for anal

I will keep you safe!

Sadly.... I am banned...

these mortals have angered me... for the last time...

blizzard will feel my wrath

Why did they add a bunch of weird glows to various abilities?

Reins toss now emits a huge red glow and zaryas gun in general has a purple one.

tracer best girl

genji shimada

Lucio

I predicted Mei, Junkrat and Symmetra to overtake Mercy in a week or so, I didn't actually expect it to happen in the space of one week. I imagine she's going to pull a Zenyatta soon. As far as I can tell, Mercy's niche is if you have an absolutely crushing time on offense, and you want to use her to buy 15-20 seconds on a suicide res for a
point A defense. But it looks like teams are just preferring to go Zen/Lucio and straight up stall or win a team fight.
Its really, really hard to find a non-gimmicky space for Ana with Zen/Lucio as hard locks. Maybe 3 support meta can make her work, but who do you give up? Zen's prevalence means D.va and Roadhog are probably going to be very niche picks, and I still feel Lucio's speed boost will make things very, very hard for defenses.
This new meta is pretty awful in my opinion, ESPECIALLY on KOTH. Pharah/Mercy had far more diversity and hero switching in different stages, now we pretty much hard lock from beginning to end. This may be personal bias, but I'm finding high level OW pretty boring these days.
The fact that you could probably safely remove 1/2 the heroes from the game and not really change much is really, really scary. This might actually be a huge problem leading up to the 100K ESL finals and the 300K Overwatch Open - those will be the first big look people who aren't into OW e-sports will get, and they're going to see all these promos with 1/2 the cast who might as well not be there, in high level play where switching (one of the supposed core tenets of OW) might as well not exist.

Who is Mercy_____

No

H A N Z O
A
N
Z
O

Hanzo

mercy

I wanna kiss hana song

>bastion main
>think bastion is super fun once you git gud as you move around constantly to avoid getting picked and air transform to get fast surprise kills
>dva and zenyatta get buffed
>2 tank meta becomes stale
>bastion instantly becomes the worst hero in the game
feels bad

I feel like bastion is even worse than torb at this point because at least with torb you can give people armour

why is it so hard to track enemies in this game?
I can play UT and Quake pretty well but I can't follow targets, much less headshot in this game

what's wrong with overwatch?

Mercy is already effectively removed.

So is it all but confirmed coins are worthless except for default character skins?

You probably won't be able to use them for any seasonal skin updates...

What's the fucking point?

So far we've been able to use the coins for 0% of new (non default character) content

Your sensitivity is too high

What the hell is going on?

>tfw i didn't prestige before this event so i have barely any crates to get
should have played more... owned the game since launch and only level 58

>give in and buy bunch of boxes cause i sort of want one of the summer skins
>it's literally in the first box i open

>what is ana

Buy the loot boxes friend

Explain why you would pick McCree over Hanzo please.

>reload vs no reload
>loud vs quiet
>normal hitbox vs meme hitbox
>roll vs useful mobility
>closerange instagib vs closerange instagib
>ult doesn't go through walls vs ult does go through walls
>nothing vs Sonic Arrow

S O M B R A

I N V I S I B I L I T Y

C O N F I R M E D

>got fucking both lucio legendaries

god damn it, and I already had the white one which was the one I wanted.

>Winstons gun does less damage than the orb of harmony can heal
>Zenyatta and every other hero hard counter to Winston
Buff Winston so we can actually see people play him

Friendly reminder that this game is normie trash and this general is garbage.

WAT THE FUCK

>meme hitbox
not anymore, friendo

>>bastion main

Stopped reading there :^)

>open box
>legendary
>excite.jpg
>OKAMIYO WAGATAKI FRIED RAISU

This is probably a super repost but yeah, at rank 75 I find myself having way less fun in this meta than the last in ranked games. McCree being another instalock takes away another slot so when you go into any game you already know you'll have McCree/Zen/Lucio on every single team. Pre-patch you could choose to run single or double support depending on your preference and neither was really wrong, now though you NEED both zen and lucio or you're going to lose.

I enjoyed the Pharah vs 76 battles too, each side had the tools to beat the other and it all came down to personal skill.

I need to do 35cm on my mousepad in order to turn at 360 degrees, that's why I'm surprised

parkinsons tier

good game

>except for default character skins?
>0% of new (non default character) content

I said not including default included with character content

woah look its one of the 300 battleborn players

Her shields are fine, really.

Wouldn't low sens be actual parkinson's tier, since your shaky hands wouldn't fuck up your aim nearly as much as it would if you had high sense?

Way too high for OW

Hitscan. That's literally it. Giving Hanzo hitscan would give him a 100% pickrate.

>I can play UT and Quake pretty well
you might have played with high sensitivity.
personally i don't have anything against it and i see nothing wrong with it, but it might be the reason you can't follow targets easily.

that's no reason to not being able to land headshots, though. do the headshot only vs ana ai custom game trick, use mccree and relax/take a breath after every shot.

this plus Tracer

>get thrown into game that's in progress
>barely have time to choose my hero and leave base
>"defeat"
>all of my end of game stats are 0 because I didn't get to play
does this actually hurt my stats in the long run and count them as 0?

>mfw I completely forgot that I have a looted Young Hanzo once because I never even touched that hero

HOLY FUCK how do you hit anything?

seriously?
I'm at 450 dpi and 6.5 in-game, something like that

Really?

Can I stop hearing HEAD ESTABLISHED every 3 minutes now?

I want that new genii skin lads

Someone tell me a hero that has a hard time killing Winston while getting harmonied. You can't? Time for a Winston buff

means for the spectator/viewers

>open free summer box
>want Zarya legendary
>see gold
>Symmetra architect skin
Don't do that

I play 400/6.18

>Really, really scary
i guess your daily life of trips between the fridge and the toilet isn't very interesting huh

What does hitscan actually mean?
I'm new, pls no bully

>The ball kills the sentries
interesting

How is Winston used in competitive games? How much support does he need to be good? I never use him because he's shit except for griefing wid mains.

To me it just seems like the pulsing animation from the football's is out of place. There's been another webm similar to this with the same effect.

If you have the Lucio football skins and are in a match the have the pulsing effect around them, like with the hokey-stick holder.

i want to shove my nose up her shit hole and take long, deep inhales.

>he's
clearly you wanted to say "I am"

>drop to 57 in a loss streak three days ago
>back to 61 in two days
>can maybe make top 500 if I gain a rank or two per day
how fucked am I

Basically your gun is a laser pointer that turns on when you fire, and if the beam hits an enemy it counts as a hit

Compared to projectiles which have travel time and shit

>I never use him because he's shit

spoken like a brain dead shitter moron lmao.

stick to quick play, kid.

Tell me the secrets of leaping on people and pressing m1 correctly. I already know I can't fight more than one person.

kill the zenyatta and his orbs disappear. you're supposed to be targetting the squishy healers anyways. Git gud

fuuck i wish the aiming felt as smooth as in quake and cs

>ywn kiss her tummy

should I just save my money for the inevitable halloween boxes and skins? at least one skin has to be a catgirl right?

but goddamn do I want all of these skins too.

Fuck off grandpa

Want to know how I can tell you're sub-40 rank?

holy shit all this waiting for THIS garbage? 3 shitty skins and a shitty boring gamemode?

>11 levels till prestige

kys millenial

You can't and you're actually grasping at straws. I'm rank 60.

>28 levels til prestige

If the summer skins can't be bought with gold, what exactly makes you think the Halloween skins will? Use logic.

McCree's revolver is hitscan, meaning when you click to shoot, damage is immediately dealt on the end of your crosshair. Hanzo's arrows are projectiles, which means they take time to travel to actually reach your target, this makes his aim inconsistent as it relies on your ability to predict where the enemy is going.

>I never use him because he's shit
You can literally carry with Winston.

Winston is picked in high ranked play due to his ability to easily put down unchecked genji's.

American McCree made it all worth it

>playing comp
>enemy team has a torb
>wow this should be an easy win
>check our team comp
>3 tanks
>tell them to switch
>also notice nobody is in team chat
>this is actually happening in rank 61

This isn't it, right?
RIGHT?

i suspect they have more to come by the time competitive season changes.
current summer updates seems rushed just to coincide with the actual rio 2016.

I don't play dad but that's ok I guess.

noob go healer

>McCree
>Reaper
>Reinhardt
>Lucio
>Hanzo
>Mei
>Junkrat

>money
>money
>money
Where does he say gold, credits, or coins?

>ywn have dinner on the table ready for her and then get yelled at for asking how her day was because her boss is a cunt and makes her so frustrated that she berates you with soul crushing words that you know she doesn't mean but still hurts you and makes you go to bed early tonight to cry and then wake up halfway through the night to feel her holding you tight

wiki.gamedetectives.net/index.php?title=Sombra_ARG#Summer_Games
its habbening

Why the fuck is the kick timer so short?

What the fuck?

>McBestDPS and Zenyatta are S tier
>Trombone ever having a turret

What the fuck.

>score is 1-1 at overtime
>ball rolled past my team and almost going in our net
>"LET'S BREAK IT DOWN!"
>ball flies my way and i send it into their net

Denying goals with your ult should be in Rocket League